Foose can't just sign an autograph

newmann
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:10pm
He goes all out and everyone is different. No wonder he has such a fan base. Did this one for my son at a BASF Auto Refinish get together last night in Houston. Super nice, cool, personable and down to earth guy but damn you could just see his mind racing. Probably helped that he wasn't limiting his autograph session to 45 minutes, but maybe some in the moto industry could learn a thing or two from people like him. And that wasn't said to start a fight either. Great marketing = more money.

|
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/23/2011 7:25am
That's AWESOME!!

I would love to have a shirt signed like that by him.
newmann
2/23/2011 7:27am
Obviously National Oak Distributors did a good job too! LOL
mx295
2/23/2011 7:37am
He drew a fully detailed Matco tool box for my buddy with his autograph. Guy is super talented!

The Shop

newmann
2/23/2011 7:43am
nice! how long does it take him to sign & draw each one?

Matthew
Probably two minutes, his hand moves about 90 mph!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/23/2011 7:50am
Maybe when you started telling him the story about how Honda ruined motocross by forcing four strokes upon the consumers, he got bored and started doodling?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/23/2011 7:50am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2011 7:52am
burn1986 wrote:
Who is this guy?
Obviously he's the guy who invented Fooseball.

Next, I'll bet you tell us that you don't know what a bucket list is. Wink
kongols
2/23/2011 7:52am
GrapeApe wrote:
Maybe when you started telling him the story about how Honda ruined motocross by forcing four strokes upon the consumers, he got bored and started doodling?
LaughingLaughingLaughing Sorry Newmann.
2/23/2011 7:53am
burn1986 wrote:
Who is this guy?
GuyB wrote:

ROFLMFAO, Good one Gibby. Hard to believe he's lost on Foose.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/23/2011 7:56am
ROFLMFAO, Good one Gibby. Hard to believe he's lost on Foose.
Or Google...
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
2/23/2011 8:20am
GuyB wrote:

Yep, pretty bad isn't it. That's why I can depend on gaining my expert education form none other than Vital University - the University that cares Cool
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/23/2011 8:37am
He's one of the only custom car designers never to loose when he enters the contest for the most prestegious award in custom cars - the Riddler Award.

If you think factory bikes are trick, you need to take a look at this guy's work. One car can take him 3-5 years of work to make, and every part except the drive train is completely hand made. One example I remember seeing was an A-arm for the front suspension. When it was installed, you could not see any bolts anywhere in the suspension, even the bolt holding the coilover was hidden. He made a special tool to hold up against the A-arm that, when twisted in just the right way, a part of the A-arm would come off to reveal the bolt holding the coilover in place. And this is for a part of the car that few people ever see!

Though my favorite hot rods are from other builders, you have to respect his work.

Others:

skidsteer16
2/23/2011 8:43am
Chip seems like a really cool guy. Would love to meet him someday.

TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/23/2011 8:51am
My favorite is Rad Rides by Troy:

Meet the Chicayne - 1200hp in an unassuming, gangster looking car.

Bill163
2/23/2011 9:04am
newmann wrote:
He goes all out and everyone is different. No wonder he has such a fan base. Did this one for my son at a BASF Auto...
He goes all out and everyone is different. No wonder he has such a fan base. Did this one for my son at a BASF Auto Refinish get together last night in Houston. Super nice, cool, personable and down to earth guy but damn you could just see his mind racing. Probably helped that he wasn't limiting his autograph session to 45 minutes, but maybe some in the moto industry could learn a thing or two from people like him. And that wasn't said to start a fight either. Great marketing = more money.

Oh like at A2 when my neighbor stood in line for a half hour with his 10 year old to get Stewart's autograph only to get put to the back of the line because of no Autograph ticket?.Needless to say he never got it....
newmann
2/23/2011 9:13am
Bill163 wrote:
Oh like at A2 when my neighbor stood in line for a half hour with his 10 year old to get Stewart's autograph only to get...
Oh like at A2 when my neighbor stood in line for a half hour with his 10 year old to get Stewart's autograph only to get put to the back of the line because of no Autograph ticket?.Needless to say he never got it....
Now now Bill... be nice.Smile

And I see where Grape Ape made a funny. LOL. Even funnier though is that my wife laid her cell phone down and our cats picture was up on the face of it. Chip asks "who is that" to which my wife replied "that's our cat, Johnny O' ". Foose says,oh so you like motocross?
downandup
2/23/2011 9:17am
So totally sick!

I would love to have that autograph!

Thanks for sharing this!
2/23/2011 9:57am
newmann wrote:
He goes all out and everyone is different. No wonder he has such a fan base. Did this one for my son at a BASF Auto...

Bill163 wrote:
Oh like at A2 when my neighbor stood in line for a half hour with his 10 year old to get Stewart's autograph only to get...
Foose went to the Pasedena Art school of Design....This is what he Does!!!...Draws/Designs cars...in fact he is like the James Stewart of drawing, this would have taken him about 30 secs...on his show he was doing a sketch from the top side of the drawing board, in other words drawing upside down, he is that talented of an artist!!

James Stewart on the other hand... does his "art" on the track.., he has a job to do...a dangerous one at that...if he hung out to sign for everyone who wanted his sig, he would be there for 2 days. Get some perspective, Foose has nothing else to do but hang out when he is at a car show...JS day starts early, track wal, riders meeting, has to do 2-3 practice sessions, get his bike set-up, get his mind focused, win the heat race, than go race 20 laps in a very dangerous sport with only one acceptable outcome in mind, victory.

The situation is completely different, no comparison except they are both super talented and nice guys.
SethGator
2/23/2011 10:10am
TriRacer27 wrote:
My favorite is Rad Rides by Troy: Meet the Chicayne - 1200hp in an unassuming, gangster looking car. [img]http://www.mothers.com/04_community_02_rides/partners/images/chicayne_07.jpg[/img]
My favorite is Rad Rides by Troy:

Meet the Chicayne - 1200hp in an unassuming, gangster looking car.

me too...troy shows a meticulous attention for detail much like chip. he worked for chip for about 4 years I believe.

newmann
2/23/2011 10:58am
newmann wrote:

Bill163 wrote:
Karma wrote:
Foose went to the Pasedena Art school of Design....This is what he Does!!!...Draws/Designs cars...in fact he is like the James Stewart of drawing, this would have...
Foose went to the Pasedena Art school of Design....This is what he Does!!!...Draws/Designs cars...in fact he is like the James Stewart of drawing, this would have taken him about 30 secs...on his show he was doing a sketch from the top side of the drawing board, in other words drawing upside down, he is that talented of an artist!!

James Stewart on the other hand... does his "art" on the track.., he has a job to do...a dangerous one at that...if he hung out to sign for everyone who wanted his sig, he would be there for 2 days. Get some perspective, Foose has nothing else to do but hang out when he is at a car show...JS day starts early, track wal, riders meeting, has to do 2-3 practice sessions, get his bike set-up, get his mind focused, win the heat race, than go race 20 laps in a very dangerous sport with only one acceptable outcome in mind, victory.

The situation is completely different, no comparison except they are both super talented and nice guys.
So what you are getting at is that if Stewart spent an hour in his private jet pre-signing autographed handouts while having nothing else to do, he could satisfy a whole lot more of those autograph seekers in the 45 minute time span that he has to interact with his fans? Sounds like a win win situation to me. Feld spends a good bit of every supercross broadcast advertising their "party in the pits" and have made it easy for fans to gain access to the pits with only an empty Monster can. Therefore, the pits have been extremely crowded lately. Lots of kids going away empty handed after waiting in line to meet their favorite rider. With his popularity, his handouts should have a link to his online site/store to buy all of his JS7 shirts, hats, videos.....oh wait, his website offers none of that.

http://js7.com/
2/23/2011 4:33pm
yeah thats a good idea...there are all kinds of things that could be done if one uses their imagination...I give him props for his ride days where he had all the time in tthe world to sign, take pics, chat, and even ride with his fans...

One thing that would be mega cool is if he brought along 2 or 3 kids to an SX in his private jet from the ghetto area he is not far from. He could spend some quality time with them on the flight, than have Sorby entertain them on race day...may or may not be feasable I just pulled that one out of the air...the make a wish foundation would be cool to hook JS and some kids up as well.

The ride days on the off season seems perhaps the best becasue he can interact with a ton of peeps than...for me when I was a kid, it wasn't an autograph that was a big deal, it was some interaction with a rider. Only non racing days would allow him the amount of time to do that.

the old 2 day format for the nats was way cool, on saturday you could go to the hotel where all the box vans and riders where hanging out in the parking lot. There was no fence around the box van and you could get up close to the bikes, mechanics and riders.
2/23/2011 6:36pm
Karma wrote:
yeah thats a good idea...there are all kinds of things that could be done if one uses their imagination...I give him props for his ride days...
yeah thats a good idea...there are all kinds of things that could be done if one uses their imagination...I give him props for his ride days where he had all the time in tthe world to sign, take pics, chat, and even ride with his fans...

One thing that would be mega cool is if he brought along 2 or 3 kids to an SX in his private jet from the ghetto area he is not far from. He could spend some quality time with them on the flight, than have Sorby entertain them on race day...may or may not be feasable I just pulled that one out of the air...the make a wish foundation would be cool to hook JS and some kids up as well.

The ride days on the off season seems perhaps the best becasue he can interact with a ton of peeps than...for me when I was a kid, it wasn't an autograph that was a big deal, it was some interaction with a rider. Only non racing days would allow him the amount of time to do that.

the old 2 day format for the nats was way cool, on saturday you could go to the hotel where all the box vans and riders where hanging out in the parking lot. There was no fence around the box van and you could get up close to the bikes, mechanics and riders.
That would be cool but how about something cooler like "Find a couple of kids who either lost their father or father was wounded in service" and set them up with T's & Hats and show them how much we appreciate what their dad's have done for us. I bet they would have a line of riders wanting to give autograph's and even get theirs.
Chili
2/23/2011 9:23pm
Karma wrote:
yeah thats a good idea...there are all kinds of things that could be done if one uses their imagination...I give him props for his ride days...

Having Sorby look after some kids, sounds like it has Child Protection Services written all over it.
kongols
2/23/2011 9:29pm
All it took was one shitty post and very good thread went south. Such a shame.
jeffro503
2/23/2011 10:05pm
newmann wrote:

Bill163 wrote:
If this is true.....then it's complete bullshit! You have got to be kidding me! A friggin' "autograph ticket"??? What in the hell has this world come to?
jeffro503
2/23/2011 10:06pm
BTW.....Foose's work is amazing! Jaw dropped when I saw these pics.

Post a reply to: Foose can't just sign an autograph

The Latest