First timer Red Bud trip

ShaneD711
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2014 11:50am
Ok guys im thinking about making the trip. wheres the best airports and hotels? Any tips?
|
MX Culture
6/5/2014 6:44pm
chicago ohare or midway airports are closeest, check hotels in south bend, Indiana.
come hang out at the track Friday afternoon and evening as that is when the party ensues and can't be missed.
see ya there
Mickolobe7
6/5/2014 9:33pm
Fly in to midway so much easier and not as big as airport as Ohare. I hate Ohare traffic sucks and to many people. Red Bud is about 3 hours from there. Are you going to stay in Chicago for the day and drive the next day to Red Bud?

Been to Red Bud 4 times its awesome wish i could go this year but me and the wife are having our baby girl june 16th so no Red Bud this year. But the new national in Indiana I am going to try to make.
motomike137
6/6/2014 3:49am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2014 3:55am
Another option is to fly into Grand Rapids MI. It's a few more miles but you will not have to deal with the wonderful Chicago traffic and will likely get there quicker not to mention it is a nice little no muss no fuss airport Smile And one more thing..... REEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
6/6/2014 5:16am
try and fly to south bend airport......

The Shop

JW269
6/6/2014 7:56am
Fly into Kalamazoo Airport, which will put you at about an hour away from Red Bud in Buchanan. Easy close drive.
6/6/2014 8:05am
as for airports fly to whatever one gives u the best deal. ohare has the most flights probably. depending where u come from mich is a hour ahead of Illinois. so if you stay in chicago dont forget to leave a hour early. get the pit pass ticket its worth it. get there as early as possible so you can see practice and the pits. it gets really really hot so dress light and preferably bring a umbrella. you are allowed to bring your own cooler or backpacks filled with beer or drinks to save money. the grandstand tickets are ok but a waste to me because i like to wonder and get along the fence to get the real experience of there speed. there is a back enterance on sat thats better for parking if you are only there for the day. one last thing rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
ddog558
6/6/2014 10:05am
Shane, get to work....and Cole cant go (as much as he wants to). Maybe next year.
Old-Man
6/6/2014 11:33am
I miss the 70's & 80's RedBud. They used to let ya camp up around the Pro track Saturday night and it was like a war zone come Sunday morning. Guess reasoning came into play before someone got hurt or worse died.

Bet a lot of babies were born in April back then in that region Whistling
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
6/6/2014 11:50am
REDDD BUUUUDDD..

FLY INTO MIDWAY!!! Much better airport, plus its easier and closer to red bud.. I have missed 1 race in the last 10 years at red bud!!! Dont plan on skipping any anytime soon. My friends and I are leaving to head up there friday and Camping in lot B until sunday..

PM me if you have any questions. We prolly will have more then 1 car load going up so we may have room for ya too.. Let me know.. Always willing to help a fellow rider!!!!

RRRREEEEDDDD BUBBUUUUDDDD!!!!!

Post a reply to: First timer Red Bud trip

The Latest