First time to SX this weeknd

delbrekko
Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 2:46pm
So this weekend will be my first time to a SX and also to Detroit. What do I need to know and look out for?
|
IWreckALot
3/15/2016 7:16am
Are you going to the pit party or not? Pit party and practice is fun to go to if you've never been before but it's an all day ordeal. There's a lot of sitting around but it's also cool to watch the riders in practice if you like over analyzing things.

Where are your seats in the stadium?
delbrekko
3/15/2016 7:21am
IWreckALot wrote:
Are you going to the pit party or not? Pit party and practice is fun to go to if you've never been before but it's an...
Are you going to the pit party or not? Pit party and practice is fun to go to if you've never been before but it's an all day ordeal. There's a lot of sitting around but it's also cool to watch the riders in practice if you like over analyzing things.

I'll do the pit party and practice, just an empty can of monster is needed correct?

I actually won the tickets and don't know where the seats are yet.
3/15/2016 7:23am
Definitely show up early to watch practice. From my experience, you can sit wherever you want, so getting to check out the different vantage points is cool. Also, you'll get to see the guys figuring out the track; what lines to take, etc. Also typically see a lot of wrecks, especially from the 3 digit guys (not that I get enjoyment out of someone wadding it up, but you know what I mean). You may also see the dirt werx guys modify the track a little as needed.
JW269
3/15/2016 7:28am
delbrekko wrote:
I'll do the pit party and practice, just an empty can of monster is needed correct? I actually won the tickets and don't know where the...
I'll do the pit party and practice, just an empty can of monster is needed correct?

First SX race for me as well this weekend. Looking at the supercross live website i'm seeing no pit party for this round unfortunately. Dry

The Shop

IWreckALot
3/15/2016 7:30am
IWreckALot wrote:
Are you going to the pit party or not? Pit party and practice is fun to go to if you've never been before but it's an...

delbrekko wrote:
I'll do the pit party and practice, just an empty can of monster is needed correct? I actually won the tickets and don't know where the...

Monster gets you into the pits. F150 is right. Sit wherever you want for practice. The pits are cool to walk around, but if you want an autograph, be prepared to wait in line for a LONG time. Especially if it's one of the premier guys. I'm not a big autograph guy so I just walk around and look at the cool bikes.

I'm not sure how it is in Detriot, but the parking is a fiasco at the Arlington stadium. Make sure you take a piss before leaving the stadium. You could sit in the parking lot for an hour or so. Nothing worse than having to relieve the main valve and not having any good options. If you can, park closest to the exit as you can. Usually the early crowd gets the good parking.
IWreckALot
3/15/2016 7:30am
JW269 wrote:
First SX race for me as well this weekend. Looking at the supercross live website i'm seeing no pit party for this round unfortunately. Dry
I thought the pit party was a staple to SX.
JW269
3/15/2016 7:34am
IWreckALot wrote:
I thought so, but this is what is says under the details of the ford field round:

Saturday
March 19, 2016

Main Event - 6:30PM
Doors Open/Practice & Qualifying - Noon

*Note: There will be no pit party, but doors will be open at Noon for practice and qualifying.

Kind of a bummer.
delbrekko
3/15/2016 7:38am
IWreckALot wrote:
JW269 wrote:
I thought so, but this is what is says under the details of the ford field round: Saturday March 19, 2016 Main Event - 6:30PM Doors...
I thought so, but this is what is says under the details of the ford field round:

Saturday
March 19, 2016

Main Event - 6:30PM
Doors Open/Practice & Qualifying - Noon

*Note: There will be no pit party, but doors will be open at Noon for practice and qualifying.

Kind of a bummer.
Must have really bad pit setup? That's a total bummer, I just wanna check out the bikes.
3/15/2016 7:40am
Different venues can be more or less conducive to providing adequate access to the pits for the fans to enjoy a quality "pit party"
JW269
3/15/2016 7:42am
delbrekko wrote:
Must have really bad pit setup? That's a total bummer, I just wanna check out the bikes.
From being at ford field for football games in the past i don't see where they would put the pit area indoors. Hopefully they'll have some sort of set up outside the stadium.
jmx411
3/15/2016 7:43am
The stadiums that are located downtown don't have enough room for a pit party. Luckily in Atlanta the convention center is right next door so there is plenty of room for an indoor pit party.

Like others have said get there early and have fun just relaxing and watching practices. Best day of the year being able to sit for 8-10 hours in a huge stadium watching the best athletes in the world.
delbrekko
3/15/2016 7:43am
Do they still allow some kind of pit access or is it only qualifying and practice!
MudPup545
3/15/2016 8:00am
No pit party, no pit access at Detroit. There is an autograph session for $150 per ticket/person. Go early for dinner in Greektown.
IWreckALot
3/15/2016 8:41am
delbrekko wrote:
JW269 wrote:
From being at ford field for football games in the past i don't see where they would put the pit area indoors. Hopefully they'll have some...
From being at ford field for football games in the past i don't see where they would put the pit area indoors. Hopefully they'll have some sort of set up outside the stadium.
I think most of the pit parties are actually outdoors. At least the Arlington pit party was. They block off a parking lot and hold it there.
jmx411
3/15/2016 8:46am
IWreckALot wrote:
I think most of the pit parties are actually outdoors. At least the Arlington pit party was. They block off a parking lot and hold it...
I think most of the pit parties are actually outdoors. At least the Arlington pit party was. They block off a parking lot and hold it there.
Yea only indoor pit parties are in Atlanta and St. Louis because they have convention centers next to the domes
kkawboy14
3/15/2016 11:52am
IWreckALot wrote:

^^^^what he said!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/15/2016 11:55am
They generally bring riders into the stadium for autographs, but if it's like previous years, the pits are closed.
ehr400
3/15/2016 12:05pm
The MGM Grand is a nice hotel along with Greektown. Bunch of restaurants and what not around grand circus park near Ford field.

No pit access worth a shit, so condensed
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
3/15/2016 12:18pm
get shirts early if you want shirts......be sure to purchase one of those supercross sno-cone cups for $20...if they still do that...
motomike137
3/15/2016 1:48pm
The "D" is an improving environment downtown but still kind of frustrating at the same time. I'm damn glad we got a race again but the lack of a proper pit area is something they need to try to figure out.
Highsider
3/15/2016 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 2:58pm
Print off the numbers.
At least you'll know 1-99, 377 and 800.
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
3/15/2016 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 2:31pm
Since Oakland and Santa Clara never sell out I always refuse to buy tickets online. Last time they tried to charge me a bullshit $13 "service charge" per ticket. Ever since then I've always bought my tickets at the box office in the stadium and paid only $50 on the same seats that were over $70 on ticketmaster. Depending on how many seats you need you could save some serious money by not getting them online.

And also, if you like to drink sneak in a small bottle of your liquor of choice because it's usually $12 a beer. I'm currently 8/8 with my "sneaking alcohol in" attempts, haven't had any problems yet.
motomike137
3/15/2016 2:46pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Since Oakland and Santa Clara never sell out I always refuse to buy tickets online. Last time they tried to charge me a bullshit $13 "service...
Since Oakland and Santa Clara never sell out I always refuse to buy tickets online. Last time they tried to charge me a bullshit $13 "service charge" per ticket. Ever since then I've always bought my tickets at the box office in the stadium and paid only $50 on the same seats that were over $70 on ticketmaster. Depending on how many seats you need you could save some serious money by not getting them online.

And also, if you like to drink sneak in a small bottle of your liquor of choice because it's usually $12 a beer. I'm currently 8/8 with my "sneaking alcohol in" attempts, haven't had any problems yet.
Spoken like a true veteran Smile

Post a reply to: First time to SX this weeknd

The Latest