Indy SX Question?

Moto5497
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2017 1:50pm
Taking my 4yo to Indy for the first time. We are going up Friday morning and staying in The Westin across from the convention center. What is the best way to meet some riders with him? He loves getting pictures and autographs with hockey players so I'm sure this will be the same. Where is the dealer signing at friday night? He loves Chad Reed so that would be awesome if we could find him. Any tips or hints would be appreciated, thanks!
|
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
3/7/2017 2:01pm
I'll try to get you to Industry passes, I can't promise it because it's probably too late. If I can get them you can walk in there at 9 in the morning and you lhave the whole place to yourself with a few other people and it will be easy to get autographs then especially for 4 year old kid
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
3/7/2017 2:15pm
Wow, that would be cool if Uptite can hook you up. I forget what hotel we always stayed at in Indy, I'll ask my buddy and see if he remembers. I haven't been to Indy in about 3 years. But, just hanging out at the hotel the evening before and breakfast in the morning is a good place for sure. It never mattered much to me because I'm not a star struck kind of person. I'm more into the tracks and the bikes than I am trying to meet riders. But at the hotel, I've seen riders and some of my friends have gotten autographs and pictures with Dungey, Decoster, Stroupe, Izzi. I rode the elevator going down to watch practice one year with Mitch Payton and Stroupe. There are also mechanics galore. I'm just saying if you are in the right hotel it is a good place if you want to at least see a few. Indy is sort of small for a city so don't count it out.
ed921reyes
3/7/2017 2:36pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I'll try to get you to Industry passes, I can't promise it because it's probably too late. If I can get them you can walk in...
I'll try to get you to Industry passes, I can't promise it because it's probably too late. If I can get them you can walk in there at 9 in the morning and you lhave the whole place to yourself with a few other people and it will be easy to get autographs then especially for 4 year old kid
my wife and i will be taking my 4 year old boy to the final here in vegas. can i get a industry pass for that? plenty of time.

The Shop

Moto5497
3/7/2017 3:35pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I'll try to get you to Industry passes, I can't promise it because it's probably too late. If I can get them you can walk in...
Wow that would be awesome if you could pull that off! My son and I would greatly appreciate it!
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
3/7/2017 4:36pm
You'll see riders watching other practice and qualifying times sitting in the stands. They usually have a couple sections to themselves but I've gotten in there before with the riders. I've never bothered them as they are usually busy watching the other session's. I've even seen js7 himself in those sections before.
Moto5497
3/7/2017 6:08pm
Wow, that would be cool if Uptite can hook you up. I forget what hotel we always stayed at in Indy, I'll ask my buddy and...
Wow, that would be cool if Uptite can hook you up. I forget what hotel we always stayed at in Indy, I'll ask my buddy and see if he remembers. I haven't been to Indy in about 3 years. But, just hanging out at the hotel the evening before and breakfast in the morning is a good place for sure. It never mattered much to me because I'm not a star struck kind of person. I'm more into the tracks and the bikes than I am trying to meet riders. But at the hotel, I've seen riders and some of my friends have gotten autographs and pictures with Dungey, Decoster, Stroupe, Izzi. I rode the elevator going down to watch practice one year with Mitch Payton and Stroupe. There are also mechanics galore. I'm just saying if you are in the right hotel it is a good place if you want to at least see a few. Indy is sort of small for a city so don't count it out.
Thanks for the info!
jtetchila1
3/7/2017 8:18pm
I am originally from Jamestown, PA which is about an hour south of Erie, but living in Indy for the last 25 years. I have several friends from Jamestown/Greenville/Sharon that come out every year and they always enjoy taking a tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which is home to the Indy 500. They have a great museum there which costs about $3 for adults and for another $3 you can get a tour of the track. Your son will love it..
Moto5497
3/8/2017 6:07am
jtetchila1 wrote:
I am originally from Jamestown, PA which is about an hour south of Erie, but living in Indy for the last 25 years. I have several...
I am originally from Jamestown, PA which is about an hour south of Erie, but living in Indy for the last 25 years. I have several friends from Jamestown/Greenville/Sharon that come out every year and they always enjoy taking a tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which is home to the Indy 500. They have a great museum there which costs about $3 for adults and for another $3 you can get a tour of the track. Your son will love it..
I checked into this a little online earlier, thanks for the info! Do they typically run the van tours on the track this time of year?
jtetchila1
3/8/2017 6:32am
I believe the buses run every day of the year except for Christmas Day.
Moto5497
3/9/2017 9:16am
Do you need to purchase pit passes for Saturday? Can you still bring a monster can?
twnorton
3/9/2017 10:03am
Anywhere else to get a good steak besides St. Elmos?
Moto5497
3/16/2017 3:56am
Can anyone tell me where to find a breakdown of the schedule for Saturday? I can't find a breakdown of all the practices, when gates open etc.
Moto5497
3/16/2017 12:21pm
Can't believe it's that hard to find. I've checked feld site, ama site, and fim site and have come up with nothing...
mxbum
3/16/2017 2:45pm
Moto5497 wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to find a breakdown of the schedule for Saturday? I can't find a breakdown of all the practices, when gates open...
Can anyone tell me where to find a breakdown of the schedule for Saturday? I can't find a breakdown of all the practices, when gates open etc.
poody
3/16/2017 4:20pm
Anyone have good info on parking? Usually at Detroit I have to either pay more than 50 to park close or hoof it for a while.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/16/2017 4:42pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Read your PMs.
ed921reyes wrote:
how about some passes for vegas?
Assuming if he was able or willing he would've offered them up, begging/pestering probably not your best option...
Moto5497
3/16/2017 6:53pm
Moto5497 wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to find a breakdown of the schedule for Saturday? I can't find a breakdown of all the practices, when gates open...
mxbum wrote:
Thank you!
Moto5497
3/16/2017 6:53pm
Where can I get pit passes on Saturday at the stadium?

Post a reply to: Indy SX Question?

The Latest