First ride EVER in the US!

DrSweden
6/23/2010 6:33am
You should definitely take the time to get out to Tony Larusso's Connecticutt River MX in Rocky Hill, CT......1/2 or so south of hartford....about an hour...
You should definitely take the time to get out to Tony Larusso's Connecticutt River MX in Rocky Hill, CT......1/2 or so south of hartford....about an hour and a half from you. One bad ass trackk.....river silt/loam mix......I ride there 1-2 times per month. Dave
Hey, I went there this sunday. Honestly, it was the best track I have ever ridden. I was almost crying after the first session. I forgot to ask if you where going this sunday... Sorry for that....

The last muppet jumping that double is me (if you know the jump)...

speyer
6/23/2010 8:25am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2010 8:29am
Looks narly doc!! have some fun while the rest of us back home suffers the bad "midsummer" weather. skål!
chrisbuehler
6/23/2010 2:03pm
You should definitely take the time to get out to Tony Larusso's Connecticutt River MX in Rocky Hill, CT......1/2 or so south of hartford....about an hour...
You should definitely take the time to get out to Tony Larusso's Connecticutt River MX in Rocky Hill, CT......1/2 or so south of hartford....about an hour and a half from you. One bad ass trackk.....river silt/loam mix......I ride there 1-2 times per month. Dave
DrSweden wrote:
Hey, I went there this sunday. Honestly, it was the best track I have ever ridden. I was almost crying after the first session. I forgot...
Hey, I went there this sunday. Honestly, it was the best track I have ever ridden. I was almost crying after the first session. I forgot to ask if you where going this sunday... Sorry for that....

The last muppet jumping that double is me (if you know the jump)...

Nice vid Dr.! Did you end up jumping the big double? Never went for it myself. Was Tony L riding that day? He was probably at NESC racing if not. Tony still whups the young kids in the A class
G-man
6/23/2010 2:08pm
Awesome story Doc, welcome to the States.

Keep the picture stories coming, for some reason I enjoy them much more then the usual BS around here....

By looking at the carrier setup, I would take some advise on anchoring her down, that look a little sketchy....

Always better to be extra safe then sorry.

The Shop

Old Mate
6/23/2010 2:13pm
G-man wrote:
Awesome story Doc, welcome to the States. Keep the picture stories coming, for some reason I enjoy them much more then the usual BS around here...

Keep the picture stories coming, for some reason I enjoy them much more then the usual BS around here....

By looking at the carrier setup, I would take some advise on anchoring her down, that look a little sketchy....

X2
Outsider
6/23/2010 2:14pm
Cool post doc... like the bitchen cossup too!!
6/23/2010 2:23pm
When I lived in Mass, 1991 ish. There was an awesome practice track that John Dowd used to ride. I cant remember the exit, but if you are on the Mass Turnpike it was directly across from the "Friendly Ice Cream" sign. The sign is huge and made out of sculptured bushes on side the highway. The sign is on the east bound side, the track is on the WB side in the woods, you can see it from the Highway.
DrSweden
6/24/2010 5:22am
DrSweden wrote:
Small step for mankind, but huge for a lefty from Sweden. After hunting the net for weeks for bike, gear etc and spending ALL my savings...
Small step for mankind, but huge for a lefty from Sweden. After hunting the net for weeks for bike, gear etc and spending ALL my savings plus some more I was able ride for the first time today on US soil today. Haven't been on a bike since nov last year (snow kills the season in Sweden).

I was painfully slow, the sand track (Wareham, MA) was dust dry and I need of some serious maintenance ending in my love-handles flopping hysterically around my belly. I guess a clay track would have been easier to start with, but they are like non one in sight in the parts where I live. I fell like four times, and the bikes no longer looks new. Even managed to scratch my visor on my new $ 400 helmet...

This is what it is all about for me. I wouldn't touch this sport with a 12 ft pole if I wasn't able to ride as well.

These carriers doesn't seem to be that popular in the US. But I think they are fantastic if you don't happen to have a F-150 as your standard car.

(No longer a new bike).

I had to grind away like 40 cm on the central pipe of the bike carrier to make it work properly. The original construction was rather goofy ending in the bike being rather far away from the car. Kind of trampoline feeling while mounting the bike...

Anyway. Tnx for you time, no go back and flame Luongo, a triple jump or something. Wink
Cool! Get back to me when this is happening!
DrSweden
6/24/2010 5:24am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2010 5:26am
G-man wrote:
Awesome story Doc, welcome to the States. Keep the picture stories coming, for some reason I enjoy them much more then the usual BS around here...

Yes, I agree and I'm doing that now! Tnx for the positive attitude and I will keep posting pics and updates! Smile
DrSweden
6/24/2010 5:29am
Nice vid Dr.! Did you end up jumping the big double? Never went for it myself. Was Tony L riding that day? He was probably at...
Nice vid Dr.! Did you end up jumping the big double? Never went for it myself. Was Tony L riding that day? He was probably at NESC racing if not. Tony still whups the young kids in the A class
No I did not, but it's a matter of time I think, still the airtime is rather long, so maybe I will chicken out?

Tony was there ripping. Went out like four times during the day and showed everybody how it's supposed to be done! Smile
DrSweden
6/24/2010 5:31am
When I lived in Mass, 1991 ish. There was an awesome practice track that John Dowd used to ride. I cant remember the exit, but if...
When I lived in Mass, 1991 ish. There was an awesome practice track that John Dowd used to ride. I cant remember the exit, but if you are on the Mass Turnpike it was directly across from the "Friendly Ice Cream" sign. The sign is huge and made out of sculptured bushes on side the highway. The sign is on the east bound side, the track is on the WB side in the woods, you can see it from the Highway.
Tnx for the input. I will ask about this one. Haven't seen that sign yet though?

Post a reply to: First ride EVER in the US!

The Latest