Fire & Police Motocross

jasonv43
11/27/2013 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2013 8:09am
Hey guys I'm trying to gather as much information I can regarding the Fire & Police Motocross series for 2014 as well as the Supercross / Motocross team. Also wondering how many Fire & Police "motor officers" that participate actually post on Vital as well. I know there is a website www.firepolicemx.com but I figured I'd post about it and see what came up.

Thanks,

Jason
|
jasonv43
11/27/2013 3:10pm
Oh and these guys can ride.

Crush
11/27/2013 3:35pm
Wow!!!

Bet that took some practice!
motolex861
11/27/2013 3:51pm
I try and attend all Fire/police MX events. I know of a few guys that are here on the board.
agn5009
11/27/2013 3:51pm
Damn this is awesome, I've never heard of these events. I too would love more info.

The Shop

jasonv43
11/27/2013 4:46pm
Well this will get you started and this is what I know so far.

The Fire & Police Motocross Nationals (FPMX) were established in 1989 by Los Angeles County Firefighter Ed Wilson. The first race was held on November 14th and 15th, 1989 at Perris Raceway in Southern California. With help from track owner Goat Brecker, Los Angeles County Firefighters Rick Rapier & Steve Marquez along with Ed’s wife Sue Wilson, the first time event was a huge success.
Ed began his racing career in 1987 at the California Fireman’s Olympics held at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, CA. where he won the Gold medal in the beginner class. Needless to say, Ed was hooked. The event chairman was L.A. City Fire Department Battalion Chief, John Mittendorf. Ed was so impressed by the event that he decided to take up motocross as his new hobby pushing aside basketball and golf. The idea to create the FPMX came to Ed after attending the 1988 California Fireman’s Olympics in Northern California. The Nor Cal event did not come close to measuring up to the Mittendorf ran event, either did the local races that Ed began to attend that year.
Although showing up at local races with your bike in the bed of your pickup was fun Ed felt that motocross should be bigger than that. Longing for that feeling of camaraderie and competition with his fellow firefighters, Ed began to promote a once a year Fire & Police motocross event in Southern California. Over the years the Fire & Police Motocross nationals have developed into a multi State Series including Arizona, California, New York & Nevada. The FPMX also has a chapter in Ohio.

Team ROCKWELL / FirePoliceMX.com Racing
In 2002 Team FirePoliceMX.com Racing was created to advertise for the Fire & Police Motocross Nationals. Professional privateer riders were able to get some support for their racing effort. In return the FPMX was able to reach Firefighters and Police Officers who shared the same passion for motocross. Over the years those riders carrying the FPMX colors include: Jason Wood, Rob Harper, Matt Hopkins, Ross Garcia, Jessica Snyder, Daton Beavers, Jeremy Chaussee, Tommy Harrison, Jason Partridge, Nathan Crawford, Gray Davenport, Ted Campbell, Aubriana Dunn, Rodrig Thain, Joe Oehlhof, Dennis Jonon, Anthony Charette, Kevin Rookstool, Tyler Kalisiak, Carlos Gonzalez, Eric Nye, Dennis Ewing, Bradley Graham, Austin Prescott, Ryan Beat, Ryan Smith, Jesse Casillas, Landen Powell, Justin Keeney, Jason Potter, Cole Seibler, Parker Eckman, Sean Borkenhagen, Mike Alessi, Trevor Ivey, Nick Paluzzi, Nick Schmidt & Killy Rusk. The team has gone from a pick up truck to a full blown race hauler and is continuing to make it’s mark on professional Supercross.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1704th
11/27/2013 5:38pm
Ed is awesome. Honestly can't even explain the love for the sport that he has.

These events are also really cool, I know we send the RT truck out to as many as we can just to support those who are there for us when we need them.

In addition, Ed also runs the FirePolice/Rockwell Supercross team giving back to the sport even more.

Don't be surprised if you lineup against some ex-pros if you are a fast guy yourself, I believe the new champ for this year was Damon Huffman...yea, that Damon Huffman.
Socket946
11/27/2013 9:09pm
Good for them, sounds like a great event.

I don't have much of a liking for California, or police officers of that state, so I will stay away, and continue to try my hardest to not spend 1 red cent in that state.
yzrider314
11/27/2013 9:27pm
Damon Huffman, Dennis Ewing, and I'm sure David Pingree (who is now a Fireman) all come out to ride. Some pretty fast guys out there. Plus LAPD police chief Charlie Beck shows up and races.
LocDawg
11/27/2013 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2013 9:47pm
F*ck the police!!

Firefighters are the real heroes..when was the last time a donut puncher ran into a burning building to save your ass?

I hope the fire fighters win this shit!
mx6tim
11/28/2013 1:41am
EASY there LocDawg....as cool as the big red trucks are and they like to roast their weiners... it is us that run towards the bullets or the one busting our humps to get the alarm at your house when your bike is gettin ripped off. With that being said, you will soon be able to add Joe Oehlhof along with that list of mx'n fire briars. There is a huge difference after 8 hrs on the PD Harley and then jumping on the 450 and hitting the track before dark. The World Police & Fire Games are back in the states in 2015, we get to enjoy Budds Creek for the MX portion, not sure about the Police Motor side. For the midwest folks along with Ed's site there is firepolicebenefitmx.com we will be going to Crow Canyon in June which is the track Brock Sellards and his dad just totally rebuilt. Should be great!!!! Happy Thanksgiving and be safe to all!
Bauer
11/28/2013 1:45am
I can add to it...

The Fire & Police Motocross Nationals (FPMX) were established in 1989 by Los Angeles County Firefighter Ed Wilson. The first race was held on November 14th and 15th, 1989 at Perris Raceway in Southern California. With help from track owner Goat Brecker, Los Angeles County Firefighters Rick Rapier & Steve Marquez along with Ed’s wife Sue Wilson, the first time event was a huge success.

Ed began his racing career in 1987 at the California Fireman’s Olympics held at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, CA. where he won the Gold medal in the beginner class. Needless to say, Ed was hooked. The event chairman was L.A. City Fire Department Battalion Chief, John Mittendorf. Ed was so impressed by the event that he decided to take up motocross as his new hobby pushing aside basketball and golf. The idea to create the FPMX came to Ed after attending the 1988 California Fireman’s Olympics in Northern California. The Nor Cal event did not come close to measuring up to the Mittendorf ran event, either did the local races that Ed began to attend that year.

Although showing up at local races with your bike in the bed of your pickup was fun Ed felt that motocross should be bigger than that. Longing for that feeling of camaraderie and competition with his fellow firefighters, Ed began to promote a once a year Fire & Police motocross event in Southern California. Over the years the Fire & Police Motocross nationals have developed into a multi State Series including Arizona, California, New York & Nevada. The FPMX also has a chapter in Ohio.

In 2008 FPMX began an association with Steve Bauer's Big Air Kid's Fair, an annual charity event created with the sole purpose of brightening the lives of the patients, families and staff at Loma Linda University Children's Hospital, located in Southern California. FPMX donates the proceeds from several of their events held throughout the year (in addition to contributions by individual members) to the "Marty Moates Shining Star Fund", whose funds are allocated strictly for purchasing items included on an annual "Wish List" compiled by the young hospital patients and their families. Typical items include Wii Gaming consoles, flat screen TVs for the waiting rooms and other things that fall outside the constraints of the hospital budget. Ed Wilson delivers the good news at the annual BAKF, following a freestyle MX demonstration right in front of the hospital.

Team ROCKWELL / FirePoliceMX.com Racing
In 2002 Team FirePoliceMX.com Racing was created to advertise for the Fire & Police Motocross Nationals. Professional privateer riders were able to get some support for their racing effort. In return the FPMX was able to reach Firefighters and Police Officers who shared the same passion for motocross. Over the years those riders carrying the FPMX colors include: Jason Wood, Rob Harper, Matt Hopkins, Ross Garcia, Jessica Snyder, Daton Beavers, Jeremy Chaussee, Tommy Harrison, Jason Partridge, Nathan Crawford, Gray Davenport, Ted Campbell, Aubriana Dunn, Rodrig Thain, Joe Oehlhof, Dennis Jonon, Anthony Charette, Kevin Rookstool, Tyler Kalisiak, Carlos Gonzalez, Eric Nye, Dennis Ewing, Bradley Graham, Austin Prescott, Ryan Beat, Ryan Smith, Jesse Casillas, Landen Powell, Justin Keeney, Jason Potter, Cole Seibler, Parker Eckman, Sean Borkenhagen, Mike Alessi, Trevor Ivey, Nick Paluzzi, Nick Schmidt & Killy Rusk. The team has gone from a pick up truck to a full blown race hauler and is continuing to make it’s mark on professional Supercross.
11/28/2013 2:41am
LocDawg wrote:
F*ck the police!! Firefighters are the real heroes..when was the last time a donut puncher ran into a burning building to save your ass? I hope...
F*ck the police!!

Firefighters are the real heroes..when was the last time a donut puncher ran into a burning building to save your ass?

Whoa! We got us an internet badass!

Also the police usually beat the fire department to most burning buildings, traffic accidents and medical emergencies.
agn5009
11/28/2013 11:06pm
LocDawg wrote:
F*ck the police!! Firefighters are the real heroes..when was the last time a donut puncher ran into a burning building to save your ass? I hope...
F*ck the police!!

Haha I wonder if this guy knows how big of a tool he is. True tough guy here folks!!!
LocDawg
11/29/2013 6:08am
mx6tim wrote:
EASY there LocDawg....as cool as the big red trucks are and they like to roast their weiners... it is us that run towards the bullets or...
EASY there LocDawg....as cool as the big red trucks are and they like to roast their weiners... it is us that run towards the bullets or the one busting our humps to get the alarm at your house when your bike is gettin ripped off. With that being said, you will soon be able to add Joe Oehlhof along with that list of mx'n fire briars. There is a huge difference after 8 hrs on the PD Harley and then jumping on the 450 and hitting the track before dark. The World Police & Fire Games are back in the states in 2015, we get to enjoy Budds Creek for the MX portion, not sure about the Police Motor side. For the midwest folks along with Ed's site there is firepolicebenefitmx.com we will be going to Crow Canyon in June which is the track Brock Sellards and his dad just totally rebuilt. Should be great!!!! Happy Thanksgiving and be safe to all!
Lmao, yeah right. Maybe if you're an LAPD cop or work in some real ghetto ass places like Camden, Philly or Gary you run toward the bullets but most local cops are donut punchers who dont do shit
mx836
11/29/2013 8:09am
LocDawg wrote:
Lmao, yeah right. Maybe if you're an LAPD cop or work in some real ghetto ass places like Camden, Philly or Gary you run toward the...
Lmao, yeah right. Maybe if you're an LAPD cop or work in some real ghetto ass places like Camden, Philly or Gary you run toward the bullets but most local cops are donut punchers who dont do shit
I've found that it's usually the ones who have something to hide that really don't like the police. Not that I'm a big fan.

Post a reply to: Fire & Police Motocross

The Latest