Finally Tomac was.....

kkawboy14
.......Tomac!

Roczen was all class on the podium!! I like him more than I did before!
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
7/24/2016 7:06am
Hey ripped a holey on this one...

Tomac was legit for sure. Awesome to see him back at winning speed, hope he can fire off some more moto wins before the season ends.
RG1
7/24/2016 7:13am
Tomac has always been sensational when he's at his best. His problem has always been that he can't sustain his best, sometimes even from one moto to the next. We'll have to wait and see what he can do for the remainder of the season. I predict more of what we've seen last couple of weeks
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/24/2016 7:29am
Great ride but how can he be THAT hot and cold within one day? I don't get it.
Musquin was faster the mayority of moto 1 and he would have probably passed him had he not crashed.
Then moto 2 Tomac smokes him and gaps him like 5 sec in the first 2 laps...
RangerLee
7/24/2016 7:44am
Funny how almost every season that I can remember there are riders just like this. Days/Nights of brilliance, just pure speed and easy to see that person as a real contender. However the consistency is not there. Hopefully he can tighten up, Roczen has the championship for sure, but we can still see some great racing.

The Shop

3rdgearpinned
7/24/2016 8:14am
I give Marvin big props for saying that he got smoked and there was no excuse for it. These guys don't do that anymore. Dungey has but not many.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/24/2016 8:39am
I give Marvin big props for saying that he got smoked and there was no excuse for it. These guys don't do that anymore. Dungey has...
I give Marvin big props for saying that he got smoked and there was no excuse for it. These guys don't do that anymore. Dungey has but not many.
He is telling the truth, He can't say otherwise. I actually expected more from MM. Without injuries Marvin would be a top5 guy not podium. He is not really getting any closer to the lead pace.
kkawboy14
7/24/2016 9:03am
Tomac was way more than just a hit and miss rider on a 450 before he got hurt.

Going fast on a hard pack track isn't really Tomacs specialty is it?
7/24/2016 9:14am
He has the speed, but it still seems to me hes not as comfortable on the kawi as he was on that honda. IMO there is a possibility he never will be. Hope to see some more wins by the end of the season.
51xc
7/24/2016 4:36pm
tomac was insane that 2nd moto. the pass on marvin was just unreal. tomac rails those outside just faster than anyone else!

7/24/2016 5:13pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Tomac was way more than just a hit and miss rider on a 450 before he got hurt. Going fast on a hard pack track isn't...
Tomac was way more than just a hit and miss rider on a 450 before he got hurt.

Going fast on a hard pack track isn't really Tomacs specialty is it?
I wouldn't say it's his specialty, but I really don't know. Going into the weekend I fully expected Roczen to do what he's pretty much done all year because I didn't think Tomac would be very good with the lack of traction and everything.
7/24/2016 6:43pm
Anyone else catch what Ping had to say about Factory Kawasaki last week on the pulp show? Could explain the slow progress this year
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/24/2016 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 6:49pm
Tomac did look good. Some of those outside line passes he made were unreal. However, I think KR94 backed in down a notch with the championship in mind.

Im a fan of both of them and am not knocking either one of them
bad juju
7/24/2016 7:42pm
Anyone else catch what Ping had to say about Factory Kawasaki last week on the pulp show? Could explain the slow progress this year
Spill it! What did ping say?
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
7/24/2016 7:47pm
That the Kawi guys are kinda forced to ride a bike setup without free range to do what they wish is the way I took it.
51xc
7/24/2016 10:15pm
I really don't know much about the technical part of mx but tomacs bike seems very different to what rv was riding. spring forks, changes to the clutch etc.
nofx153
7/24/2016 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 10:51pm
Kx125rider wrote:
He has the speed, but it still seems to me hes not as comfortable on the kawi as he was on that honda. IMO there is...
He has the speed, but it still seems to me hes not as comfortable on the kawi as he was on that honda. IMO there is a possibility he never will be. Hope to see some more wins by the end of the season.
hes been on honda since turning pro. he will get back to warp speed and gelling with the new bike more and more. takes time for sure
jonesaustin
7/24/2016 11:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 11:10pm
RG1 wrote:
Tomac has always been sensational when he's at his best. His problem has always been that he can't sustain his best, sometimes even from one moto...
Tomac has always been sensational when he's at his best. His problem has always been that he can't sustain his best, sometimes even from one moto to the next. We'll have to wait and see what he can do for the remainder of the season. I predict more of what we've seen last couple of weeks
this wouldn't have been asked in the 80's/90's, or it wouldn't apply the same -- the tip of the spear is so narrow now, so what's the differentiator? technique. talent, and fitness all being equal, what is the difference between someone who can grudge it out with consistency, versus those who can't? Roczen's not laying back, so being cautious isn't a factor in this equation.
RG1
7/25/2016 1:54am
RG1 wrote:
Tomac has always been sensational when he's at his best. His problem has always been that he can't sustain his best, sometimes even from one moto...
this wouldn't have been asked in the 80's/90's, or it wouldn't apply the same -- the tip of the spear is so narrow now, so what's...
this wouldn't have been asked in the 80's/90's, or it wouldn't apply the same -- the tip of the spear is so narrow now, so what's the differentiator? technique. talent, and fitness all being equal, what is the difference between someone who can grudge it out with consistency, versus those who can't? Roczen's not laying back, so being cautious isn't a factor in this equation.
Being cautious is a factor. Roczen is more about winning at the slowest possible speed, less about absolutely annihilating everyone. If you look at some races this season, Red Bud and Millville probably being the prime examples. Roczen got into the lead early in the moto and started to pull away by 2-3 seconds a lap. If he had continued that pace until the end of the moto he would've won by close to a minute, but he didn't, he won by 15-20 seconds. Why? Because he realises that no more points are given out for margin of victory, so it doesn't matter how much you win by, as long as you win. He builds a lead, then manages the race. If you flash back to last season, Tomac was flat out virtually all the way through the motos, and it bit him, he crashed out pushing when he should've been managing the race. As far as why he can't replicate his speed to the next, I don't know, I just think he needs everything to be perfect for him to find that speed, including the track conditions
ATKpilot99
7/25/2016 2:30am
Next season at this time we might be talking about Ken trying to get used to the new Honda while Tomac is reeling off moto wins. You never know. A lot of people gave Roczen kind of a pass last season saying he wasn't used to the bike, he wasn't 100% bla bla bla but don't seem to have the same view with Eli this season.
Zycki11
7/25/2016 4:33am
My take, Eli is getting closer on the kawi setup. He has won at southwick, and now washougal. Both tracks were pin it and go where you please(for the most part). Put him on a track like red bud, Millville, etc with the larger breaking bumps and multiple lines that are more technical it shows the flows in bike setup. I think Eli will win at dilla for this reason. Stamping it
7/25/2016 4:48am
Kx125rider wrote:
He has the speed, but it still seems to me hes not as comfortable on the kawi as he was on that honda. IMO there is...
nofx153 wrote:
hes been on honda since turning pro. he will get back to warp speed and gelling with the new bike more and more. takes time for...
hes been on honda since turning pro. he will get back to warp speed and gelling with the new bike more and more. takes time for sure
I hope you're right, I want to see Tomac up top consistently again.
7/25/2016 5:07am
RG1 wrote:
Me too

But to little too late

Roczen literally looked over and let tomac by in Moto 2

Then just relaxed and had fun!!!!

Championships in the bag
RG1
7/25/2016 5:34am
RG1 wrote:
Icespikes wrote:
Me too But to little too late Roczen literally looked over and let tomac by in Moto 2 Then just relaxed and had fun!!!! Championships in...
Me too

But to little too late

Championships in the bag
Agree 100%, Kenny is in the position where he can just go out and ride comfortably and if the wins there he will take it, if not, 2nd is fine
kkawboy14
7/25/2016 7:33am
RG1 wrote:
Icespikes wrote:
Me too But to little too late Roczen literally looked over and let tomac by in Moto 2 Then just relaxed and had fun!!!! Championships in...
Me too

But to little too late

Championships in the bag
That's what it looked like but man that was a $150,000 bonuses mistake.

Next time he should win the second Moto not the first one.
mx836
7/25/2016 9:55am
Lots of speculation in this thread. Everybody thinks they know what's going on in Kenny's head.
pilotdude
7/25/2016 10:07am
Anyone who changes teams, changes bikes, and has 2 shoulders destroyed and then rebuilt has to be considered to be in a "rebuilding" year.
cz2crf2wc
7/25/2016 10:22am
I give Marvin big props for saying that he got smoked and there was no excuse for it. These guys don't do that anymore. Dungey has...
Dean Wilson " I was his bitch today"
7/25/2016 10:26am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's what it looked like but man that was a $150,000 bonuses mistake.

Next time he should win the second Moto not the first one.
The championship bonus is much higher.Wink

Post a reply to: Finally Tomac was.....

The Latest