Ferris to AMA in 2018

block75
According to reports looks like ferris is headed to the US and aboard a Yamaha while a deal is yet to be announced or officially done Rumour has it that it is almost sorted. Could he possibly be lined up along side Webb for outdoors?

http://www.motoonline.com.au/2017/10/01/ferris-working-towards-yamaha-p…
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/30/2017 8:12pm
That'd be cool, I think he'll do well here.
9/30/2017 8:58pm
Millsaps sx only and Ferris outdoor only?
block75
9/30/2017 9:07pm
109 wrote:
Millsaps sx only and Ferris outdoor only?
It is definitely sounding that way which I think gives milsaps the option to continue his outdoor career in the Canadian nationals
9/30/2017 9:41pm
That split season with Davi Run-of-the-Mill-Saps sounds like a good deal for both. They need him. No one else better for outdoors available I reckon. Putting all their eggs in the Webb basket surely didn't pay off that's fir sure

The Shop

jemcee
9/30/2017 9:50pm
I hope I'm not speaking out of school but last I heard from someone who heard from someone Milsaps has brought a sponsor to Yamaha that wants him to race outdoors.. So look to another Yamaha team that rhymes with Spock Spiver 250 sx 450 mx
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
9/30/2017 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2017 9:53pm
That split season with Davi Run-of-the-Mill-Saps sounds like a good deal for both. They need him. No one else better for outdoors available I reckon. Putting...
That split season with Davi Run-of-the-Mill-Saps sounds like a good deal for both. They need him. No one else better for outdoors available I reckon. Putting all their eggs in the Webb basket surely didn't pay off that's fir sure
Dude, what are you talking about? When Millsaps is healthy, he's fast! Hopefully he's healthy in 2018.
Cashmore
9/30/2017 9:57pm
The Rock River ride sounds more legit.
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
9/30/2017 10:05pm
The 111 would be a great addition outdoors. SX always takes some time. Although the aussies and frenchies have a way of adapting...
snackfedbear
9/30/2017 10:32pm
That split season with Davi Run-of-the-Mill-Saps sounds like a good deal for both. They need him. No one else better for outdoors available I reckon. Putting...
Radical wrote:
Dude, what are you talking about? When Millsaps is healthy, he's fast! Hopefully he's healthy in 2018.
Seriously. Run of the mill saps? Really? Aside from his throwaway year on Kawi he's always been a top guy. podium threat at worst. Millsaps deserves every ride he's ever had.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
9/30/2017 10:44pm
Radical wrote:
Seriously. Run of the mill saps? Really? Aside from his throwaway year on Kawi he's always been a top guy. podium threat at worst. Millsaps deserves...
Seriously. Run of the mill saps? Really? Aside from his throwaway year on Kawi he's always been a top guy. podium threat at worst. Millsaps deserves every ride he's ever had.
I agree 100%.
9/30/2017 11:06pm
Agreed he can ride very well when the stars align like at Rockstar Suzuki, but overall he hasn't delivered what he should have. How bout that great year on the KTM? Or on the Suzuki? still waiting for parts? JGR? Never really delivered for Honda also.
BTW, I didn't coin that name, so others must feel the same. He's been disapointing in general.
snackfedbear
9/30/2017 11:35pm
Agreed he can ride very well when the stars align like at Rockstar Suzuki, but overall he hasn't delivered what he should have. How bout that...
Agreed he can ride very well when the stars align like at Rockstar Suzuki, but overall he hasn't delivered what he should have. How bout that great year on the KTM? Or on the Suzuki? still waiting for parts? JGR? Never really delivered for Honda also.
BTW, I didn't coin that name, so others must feel the same. He's been disapointing in general.
Dude he won a 250 title for Honda. That's the definition of delivery. Plus he's podiumed in the 450 CHAMPIONSHIP multiple times. That's not disappointing that's raw talent and performance. Sure he hasn't gotten the same hype other riders have gotten but the man is a top guy.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
9/30/2017 11:39pm
Agreed he can ride very well when the stars align like at Rockstar Suzuki, but overall he hasn't delivered what he should have. How bout that...
There can only be one winner. He has been a winner, and a podium threat.....you can't really get better without being a champ. He has won a regional championship and been at the front in the big class. He has delivered.
Gukamonster
9/30/2017 11:53pm
Millsaps has had a factory ride for 14 years and has won 0 national motocross races in either class.
10/1/2017 12:01am
Amazing how a topic about ferris turns into Millsaps and whether he delivered or not.

its a shame that the aus series cant be run earlier to allow riders to do mx only in both aus and usa like they can in sx. Hopefully he gets a good ride and can chase the dream.
USMCMXer
10/1/2017 12:03am
He got second in 450 SX as a JGR guy. Is that somehow negative?
Dougy1
10/1/2017 1:28am
Amazing how a topic about ferris turns into Millsaps and whether he delivered or not. its a shame that the aus series cant be run earlier...
Amazing how a topic about ferris turns into Millsaps and whether he delivered or not.

its a shame that the aus series cant be run earlier to allow riders to do mx only in both aus and usa like they can in sx. Hopefully he gets a good ride and can chase the dream.
I was just scrolling through thinking the same thing .
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
10/1/2017 2:18am
Heard awhile back he had a 250sx 450mx deal

But from his own mouth during the mxon broadcast said he is working on US deal its all but done. So im not sure what the deal is but I would be surprised not to see him state side in 18

If anyone is worried about his SX skills in 2014 he had 4 top ten results in the west 250 with two 7ths. 2 x 11ths and his worst was a 14th at A1

He finished second to Brayton in the 16 Aus SX series and at rd1 last weekend caught and passed Reardon for second spot.

Get him on the West for SX with the view to get through with solid results and start testing outdoors early when the East race.

Post a reply to: Ferris to AMA in 2018

The Latest