Feld congratulates the champs,oops

kakarot
Edited Date/Time 6/14/2015 5:19pm
Anyone else catch this.

|
stillwelding
6/14/2015 12:17pm
kakarot wrote:
Anyone else catch this. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/14/94631/s1200_feld_opps.jpg[/img]
Anyone else catch this.

That's how important it is to them.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/14/2015 12:21pm
That's how important it is to them.
Dunno if I'd say that. I'm wondering who built the ad.
bvm111
6/14/2015 12:43pm
shit that took me a second... that's funny right der Grinning
MX Culture
6/14/2015 1:01pm
took me a minute too.
easy to fix if they wanted to.

The Shop

kakarot
6/14/2015 1:35pm
GuyB wrote:
Sometimes you gotta wonder.I wonder if it matters to the riders and teams?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/14/2015 1:38pm
kakarot wrote:
Sometimes you gotta wonder.I wonder if it matters to the riders and teams?
Sure it matters. But in print it's kind of hard to fix at this point.
h&m_cycle
6/14/2015 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2015 1:38pm
Maybe that's why they're hiring Andy Bower... he knows stuff...
turbotime
6/14/2015 1:48pm
The east/west thing is kinda stupid IMO.

Hold the 17 rounds open to all riders and let everyone ride whichever 8 rounds they choose(maximum). Force everyone to race Vegas(which would count for points) to have it actually mean something.
dboivin
6/14/2015 1:57pm
turbotime wrote:
The east/west thing is kinda stupid IMO. Hold the 17 rounds open to all riders and let everyone ride whichever 8 rounds they choose(maximum). Force everyone...

Hold the 17 rounds open to all riders and let everyone ride whichever 8 rounds they choose(maximum). Force everyone to race Vegas(which would count for points) to have it actually mean something.
east/west is not stupid. it was done like that for a reason.

less fortunate riders could not afford to do all the rounds and especially travel from east to west constantly during 1 supercross season to make all the rounds. They split the east/west up and made 2 divisions so that privateers could do a full series.

f'kn totally hate when some no brain twit doesn't think 5 seconds on why its done the way its done...and makes an ignorant post like yours. congrats on annoying me.
Rooster
6/14/2015 2:01pm
GuyB wrote:
Regardless of who built it, it had to be someone at Feld that proofed it.

After all those years in the print business Steve, you know damn well who has to take responsibility for the mistake. When the proofs are marked "FINAL" you better be sure that you're happy with what's going to hit the press if you sign off on it.

I've been on both sides of a mistake like this and neither place is somewhere I want to visit again.

For people buying print. When you're presented with proofs to review. Make sure everything is correct. From the colors to the phone numbers to the titles to the stock # to the......

It's your responsibility at that point to find and fix any mistakes a designer has made. Remember, they know their business and you know yours. I doubt you're paying your designer enough to learn your business on top of theirs.
kkawboy14
6/14/2015 2:19pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
......he lives in Orlando, you know? :0)
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/14/2015 2:31pm
Rooster wrote:
Regardless of who built it, it had to be someone at Feld that proofed it. After all those years in the print business Steve, you know...
Regardless of who built it, it had to be someone at Feld that proofed it.

After all those years in the print business Steve, you know damn well who has to take responsibility for the mistake. When the proofs are marked "FINAL" you better be sure that you're happy with what's going to hit the press if you sign off on it.

I've been on both sides of a mistake like this and neither place is somewhere I want to visit again.

For people buying print. When you're presented with proofs to review. Make sure everything is correct. From the colors to the phone numbers to the titles to the stock # to the......

It's your responsibility at that point to find and fix any mistakes a designer has made. Remember, they know their business and you know yours. I doubt you're paying your designer enough to learn your business on top of theirs.
Agreed. It should have been caught in proofing.

But to take this as a sign that the guys at Feld don't care? I'd say that's incorrect.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
6/14/2015 2:55pm
turbotime wrote:
The east/west thing is kinda stupid IMO. Hold the 17 rounds open to all riders and let everyone ride whichever 8 rounds they choose(maximum). Force everyone...

dboivin wrote:
east/west is not stupid. it was done like that for a reason. less fortunate riders could not afford to do all the rounds and especially travel...

less fortunate riders could not afford to do all the rounds and especially travel from east to west constantly during 1 supercross season to make all the rounds. They split the east/west up and made 2 divisions so that privateers could do a full series.

f'kn totally hate when some no brain twit doesn't think 5 seconds on why its done the way its done...and makes an ignorant post like yours. congrats on annoying me.
Not to get into the argument. But if you actually settle down and read the system he was proposing then the less fortunate riders wouldnt have to travel from east to west. They would pick the 8 closest rounds to their base and race those and would still be eligible for the "national" title.

Dont agree that its the system they should use but maybe hold your fire and read into things a bit closer before you let her rip.
bvm111
6/14/2015 4:19pm
turbotime wrote:

dboivin wrote:
east/west is not stupid. it was done like that for a reason. less fortunate riders could not afford to do all the rounds and especially travel...

so after thinking for 6 seconds...how does that work for the outdoors? Silly
Hattica77
6/14/2015 4:57pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Hi guys,

I saw this a couple weeks ago when it was brought to my attention by a friend at Racer X Illustrated who printed the Ad. A lot of people missed this and it sucks, just a simple mistake. I never saw it at any stage, wish I would have. Everybody cares and tries hard, just one of those simple errors. No excuses it sucks.

BTW, kkawboy, I'm moving to Palmetto next weekend.

-andy
dboivin
6/14/2015 5:09pm
bvm111 wrote:
so after thinking for 6 seconds...how does that work for the outdoors? Silly
it doesnt. stupid question.

kkawboy14
6/14/2015 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2015 5:40pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Hattica77 wrote:
Hi guys, I saw this a couple weeks ago when it was brought to my attention by a friend at Racer X Illustrated who printed the...
Hi guys,

I saw this a couple weeks ago when it was brought to my attention by a friend at Racer X Illustrated who printed the Ad. A lot of people missed this and it sucks, just a simple mistake. I never saw it at any stage, wish I would have. Everybody cares and tries hard, just one of those simple errors. No excuses it sucks.

BTW, kkawboy, I'm moving to Palmetto next weekend.

-andy
Woah.....man that's where Yankees go to grow older, your gonna miss Orlando!

Say hey to Ron Tichenor for me!

Post a reply to: Feld congratulates the champs,oops

The Latest