Feld Motor SportsSM Launches the Dawn of a Whole New Freestyle Motocross with Nuclear CowboyzSM Tour

PR
11/23/2009 11:00am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:34am
Feld Motor Sports℠ Launches the Dawn of a Whole New Freestyle Motocross with Nuclear Cowboyz℠ Tour

A New Frontier of FMX Opens January 2, 2010 for 15-City Tour

AURORA, Ill. (November 23, 2009) – Feld Motor Sports℠ announced today the launch of the inaugural Nuclear Cowboyz℠15-City tour, featuring the world’s top freestyle motocross riders in a never-before-seen action packed, record-breaking theatrical freestyle motocross production.

The Nuclear Cowboyz tour has assembled the world’s greatest cast of freestyle motocross riders, including Adam Jones, Mike Mason, Nate Adams, Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg, Ronnie Faisst, Todd Potter, Beau Bamburg, Nixey Danielson, Jim McNeil, Dustin Miller, Matt Buyten, Brian Foster, Jimmie McGuire and Jackson Strong. These legends of freestyle motocross will synchronize awe-inspiring tricks, like the amazing front flip, while attempting to break world records in a heart pounding two-hour scripted performance.

“Nuclear Cowboyz truly is the dawn of a whole new freestyle motocross experience with the best FMX riders in the world performing together in one explosive theatrical production,” says Kenneth Feld, Producer and CEO of Feld Entertainment, Inc. “Nuclear Cowboyz will ignite the arena floor with freestyle motocrossers defying gravity in this post-apocalyptic atmosphere, leaving the audience with an unbelievable and unprecedented adrenaline-rush. This Feld Motor Sports production is going to be the greatest, most exciting freestyle motocross show ever produced.”

The Nuclear Cowboyz tour is creating a new frontier in freestyle motocross by combining the high-octane sport and the high caliber of entertainment production for which Feld Entertainment is known. The story line rips wide open when the Nuclear Cowboyz reunite after chaos rocks their world. The sparse population divides into two tribes which operate without governance and compete for supremacy of their new world.

“Fans will be blown-away by this new freestyle motocross performance format which includes a special appearance by Derek Guetter presenting an extraordinary back-flipping quad,” says Charlie Mancuso, President of Feld Motor Sports. “New creative elements are integrated throughout the show and include the exclusive Nuclear Cowgirlz™ dancers, the latest pyrotechnics and pulsating hard rock music, exotic acrobatic fire presentations, sky-high stilt walkers, astonishing fire-breathers and the famed “Grindergirl.”

Creating the powerful world of Nuclear Cowboyz includes:

• Barry Lather (Director and Choreographer) – returns to Feld Entertainment from his most recent work with Rihanna’s Girl Gone Bad Tour, soul artist Estelle and ABC’s Dancing With The Stars;

• Micky Dymond (Rider Choreographer and Stunt Coordinator) – A two-time AMA Motocross Lites class National Champion, Dymond brings his racing skills to choreograph the world’s greatest Freestyle Motocross riders;

• Todd Jendro (Sr. Operations Director) – brings more than 25 years of two-wheel expertise and directs all of Feld Motor Sports’ two wheel properties, including Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross, and Freestyle Motocross.

• Brian Wallenbeck (Director Freestyle Motocross) – brings five years of proficient industry operations knowledge and directs the freestyle motocross property for Feld Motor Sports.

• Jesse Blevins (Lighting Designer) – has overseen spectacular lighting scenery for a variety of performers and performances including his latest for this year’s No Doubt Tour with lead singer, Gwen Stefani;

• Rick Papineau (Scenic Designer) – Vice President of Scenic Elements for Feld Entertainment who creates props, scenic elements and special effects for all corporate touring shows;

• Dawna Oak (Costume Designer) – brings veteran experience in managing the exotic and breathtaking costumes for the thousands of performers from Feld Entertainment’s numerous productions.

History will be made January 2nd when Feld Motor Sports debuts Nuclear Cowboyz at Pittsburgh’s Mellon Arena. The non-stop, aerial amazement of this new frontier in freestyle motocross will travel to 15 North American cities in 2010.

2010 Nuclear Cowboyz℠ Tour Schedule
January 2 Pittsburgh, Pa. Mellon Arena
January 8-9 Richmond, Va. Richmond Coliseum
January 16-17 Boston, Mass. TD Garden
January 23 Dallas, Texas American Airlines Center
January 30 Houston, Texas Reliant Stadium
February 6 Indianapolis, Ind. Lucas Oil Stadium
February 13 Atlanta, Ga. Georgia Dome
February 19-20 Tampa, Fla. St. Pete Times Forum
February 26-27 East Rutherford, N.J. IZOD Center
March 6-7 Birmingham, Ala. Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex
March 12-13 San Diego, Calif. Sports Arena
March 20-21 Tacoma, Wash. Tacoma Dome
March 26-28 Anaheim, Calif. Honda Center
April 2-3 Ontario, Calif. Citizens Bank Arena
April 17-18 Rosemont, Ill. Allstate Arena

Tickets are available for the 2010 Nuclear Cowboyz tour, please visit www.nuclearcowboyz.com, www.ticketmaster.com, www.tickets.com.
|
Tbteam
11/23/2009 11:13am
I can't wait to avoid it.
bultokid
11/23/2009 11:18am
Tbteam wrote:
I can't wait to avoid it.
Now that's funny

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/23/2009 11:31am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2009 11:32am
I'm supposed to see a preview of the show relatively soon. I think it's interesting that they're sort of melding what they do on the entertainment side (Ringling Bros., etc.), with freestyle.

Maybe some will agree, maybe some won't...but I think maybe outside of the X Games, freestyle competitions have jumped the shark. At a recent "World Championships" it was sort of breezy/windy. And the story I got in the pits was that while all the guys were still riding the event, they'd also agreed to combine the purse and split it equally amongst themselves.

Did frontflips and backflips, double backflips and the variations beyond that make freestyle so hard that other than a handful of guys, that the risk/reward is too high? Or did people just burn out on watching contests?
Tbteam
11/23/2009 11:38am
Steve, I think that for the average person without any attachment to MX or other types of motorcycling, a freestyle event can hold someones attention for about 3 runs, max..

I love mx and live and breath this stuff. After I see 5 minutes of freestyle, live or on TV, I'm snoozing. Big trick at the X Games is fun to watch, but mostly for the chance to see Travis do something really cool, or what's his name from Michigan auger in another double back.

I would imagine that Freestyle's shelf life is running thin for all but the true "Bros" of the world.
babba boey
11/23/2009 11:54am
If ticket prices are low they should not have a hard time selling tickets. People pay to watch Monster Trucks.
flarider
11/23/2009 11:55am
I think GuyB is right, this is the next evolution in Freestyle, melding the "flight" with "show"
Feld will likely make good bank on it.

Rather than seeing the same back and forth up and down the ramps, it seems that now you'll have more "show" with music, dancers, fire people and whatever all mixed in and choreographed out.

Does anyone here really see FMX as sport or more as entertainment?
Not saying what they do is easy or doesn't take talent, it does, but it is essentially, sports entertainment or an exhibition sport.

This magnifies what it is and adds other needed elements so that people feel they get the price of admission
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/23/2009 11:59am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2009 12:01pm
Entertainment, except for the X Games. There, you sort of hold your breath and watch between your fingers, especially during Best Trick.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
11/23/2009 12:16pm
I went to a few IFMA events, I like FMX but was bored as hell, this was before the backflips though. Last year I went to the Redbull x-fighters in ft worth, it was insane. If you cant get excited about a guy hanging off his bike, upside down over a 120 ft gap with almost no room to stop, I feel bad for you.
TeamGreen
11/23/2009 12:17pm
These guys have gotten to a VERY serious point now that the back-flip has become a "requirement" (In regards to the "Wind" at the Worlds).

They train pretty damn hard and take what they do very seriously. They will even comment that things have changed and that they train harder and practice more "seriously" than they have in the past.

Indeed, they've "Grown-Up". Tattoos and all.

The "Flips" have created a much more dangerous environment. The death of Jeremy and the injuries of a few others have raised awareness of just how dangerous this sport can be. Yes, I said "Sport".

And, Yes, "Entertainment" is a fair word to use. Is SX "sport"? Is it "Entertainment"? Even the "Nationals"...it's ALL Entertainment.

I see that it's the current "thing" in here to berate "Freestyle"...

Funny thing...The Freestyle Community has No SUCH negativity towards any of you or ANY other "Disciplines" in Moto.

These guys are Extremely loyal to themselves, their friends and families and to what they do.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/23/2009 12:19pm
I'm not bashing it. I've got great respect for the riders, and the skills required to do what they do.
TeamGreen
11/23/2009 12:37pm
GuyB wrote:
I'm not bashing it. I've got great respect for the riders, and the skills required to do what they do.
I really didn't mean to imply that you, specifically, were. It was just a response to the "perception" of Freestyle in here in general.

That's all.

These athletes are just a group of guys tryin' to be the best at what they do.

Jakes Dad
11/23/2009 12:55pm
They're mostly guys that didn't have the "dedication to training" to be competetive in MX or SX. But the average FMX guy is pulling in more than the average MX guy which doesn't make sense.
flarider
11/23/2009 12:58pm
To clarify my point, I place "sports" into two distinct categories

Competitive sport and exhibition sport
All are sports and require a great deal of talent, hard work and dedication.

Competitive sports are those with a distinct finish line or clear points earning system to determine a winner
Examples: Racing, track and field, football (all), baseball, basketball, weightlifting, downhill/slalom skiing, hockey, water polo

Exhibition sport are those that rely on a judge system of determining a winner or a participant's earned points
Examples: High diving, figure skating, skateboarding, BMX/FMX, cheerleading, ballroom dancing

Again, all are sports and require a great deal of talent, hard work and dedication but there are differences in determining a winner
11/23/2009 1:07pm
flarider wrote:
To clarify my point, I place "sports" into two distinct categories Competitive sport and exhibition sport All are sports and require a great deal of talent...

Competitive sports are those with a distinct finish line or clear points earning system to determine a winner
Examples: Racing, track and field, football (all), baseball, basketball, weightlifting, downhill/slalom skiing, hockey, water polo

Exhibition sport are those that rely on a judge system of determining a winner or a participant's earned points
Examples: High diving, figure skating, skateboarding, BMX/FMX, cheerleading, ballroom dancing

Again, all are sports and require a great deal of talent, hard work and dedication but there are differences in determining a winner
Boxing has judges, but it seems pretty competitive to me.
TeamGreen
11/23/2009 1:09pm
flarider wrote:
To clarify my point, I place "sports" into two distinct categories Competitive sport and exhibition sport All are sports and require a great deal of talent...

Well. O.K., smart-guy! Where does that leave NASCAR? Competitive Exhibition Sport? I'm jus' sayin'Tongue
flarider
11/23/2009 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:05pm
NASCAR is racing, clear finish line winner

Boxing and MMA is an exception to the rule, sort of. There is a way to have a clear winner without the judges, KO, TKO or submission (MMA), but if that is not achieved only then does it go to judges.

So, it stands in a middle ground
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
11/23/2009 1:25pm
Jakes Dad wrote:
They're mostly guys that didn't have the "dedication to training" to be competetive in MX or SX. But the average FMX guy is pulling in more...
They're mostly guys that didn't have the "dedication to training" to be competetive in MX or SX. But the average FMX guy is pulling in more than the average MX guy which doesn't make sense.
youre so wrong it's not even funny. In 1999 yeah sure, know they train just as hard.

Post a reply to: Feld Motor SportsSM Launches the Dawn of a Whole New Freestyle Motocross with Nuclear CowboyzSM Tour

The Latest