Feld,AMA and MXSports needs to declare war on FIM

500guy
Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 9:06pm
Lets do this , and get it over with, it's an old model that is broken, We don't need it.

The Manufactures might want to stay true to the FIM but nobody has the infrastructure or resources to pull either series off.

They will come race , They have no other option.
|
500guy
12/21/2014 4:40pm
Alright I'm in! What's the plan?
They do what our Fathers did and Declare independence!
Olson
12/21/2014 4:41pm
Yes, let's hear the plan!

The Shop

Zracer
12/21/2014 4:42pm
Alright I'm in! What's the plan?
500guy wrote:
They do what our Fathers did and Declare independence!
Yeah this already happened. Feld and FIM won. Sorry you missed that.
Hut
12/21/2014 4:43pm
*declare
500guy
12/21/2014 4:44pm
Olson wrote:
Conference call , Hello FIM , You suck See ya later!
500guy
12/21/2014 4:45pm
bigborefan wrote:
declare

grammar/spelling police ticket
Yup , that's what punitive little babies hang to when they got no game.
Olson
12/21/2014 4:46pm
Olson wrote:
500guy wrote:
Conference call , Hello FIM , You suck See ya later!
I think it would be better if you left out the "See ya later!" part. Might be confusing for them and think they're still on.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/21/2014 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 5:44pm
I guess I'm just sitting here asking myself this, what's the positive of kicking out the FIM and in turn WADA? I've mentioend this before, with outdoors we're dealing with USADA, which is going to hand out the same type of penalties if we bring them into Supercross in their place with AMA/MX sports.
500guy
12/21/2014 5:44pm
ML512 wrote:
I guess I'm just sitting here asking myself this, what's the positive of kicking out the FIM and in turn WADA? I've mentioend this before, with...
I guess I'm just sitting here asking myself this, what's the positive of kicking out the FIM and in turn WADA? I've mentioend this before, with outdoors we're dealing with USADA, which is going to hand out the same type of penalties if we bring them into Supercross in their place with AMA/MX sports.
The Positive ? You need to ask what the positive is getting rid of an organization that GP's are married to ?

Not to mention there is absolutely no need for the FIM to be involved.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/21/2014 5:46pm
ML512 wrote:
I guess I'm just sitting here asking myself this, what's the positive of kicking out the FIM and in turn WADA? I've mentioend this before, with...
500guy wrote:
The Positive ? You need to ask what the positive is getting rid of an organization that GP's are married to ? Not to mention there...
The Positive ? You need to ask what the positive is getting rid of an organization that GP's are married to ?

Not to mention there is absolutely no need for the FIM to be involved.
I'm waiting for your positive. I really feel like most people are lumping in the FIM's decisions with Youthstream's, which run the GPs.
500guy
12/21/2014 5:52pm
ML512 wrote:
I'm waiting for your positive. I really feel like most people are lumping in the FIM's decisions with Youthstream's, which run the GPs.
And most people are like you and don't know there is a real connection.

Positive = no foreign involvement and 1 less iron in the fire.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
12/21/2014 6:07pm
"500 Dude" for President!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/21/2014 6:17pm
ML512 wrote:
500guy wrote:
And most people are like you and don't know there is a real connection.

Positive = no foreign involvement and 1 less iron in the fire.
There's a connection, I never denied that. But as to we are discussing (and that you're the OP), what negative affect does this have that they're involved with the GPs? They're are the International Motorcycle Federation that governs numerous two-wheeled motorcycle events world wide.

Without them, we lose the World Championship status and would return to AMA sanctioning, and the AMA is still the U.S. affiliate of the FIM.

Unless we're pushing to have an all new governing body for Supercross? Who runs it, why, and how?

This whole FIM based argument has started over drug testing. So how does that relate into this new version of Supercross? Are we going back to no drug testing at all? Sounds like a big step backwards to me... And as I stated before, if we went with USADA, we'd more than likely end up with the same results for penalties as we did with the FIM/WADA. Other than we would more likely have quicker decisions, which would be a plus.
500guy
12/21/2014 6:23pm
ML512 wrote:
There's a connection, I never denied that. But as to we are discussing (and that you're the OP), what negative affect does this have that they're...
There's a connection, I never denied that. But as to we are discussing (and that you're the OP), what negative affect does this have that they're involved with the GPs? They're are the International Motorcycle Federation that governs numerous two-wheeled motorcycle events world wide.

Without them, we lose the World Championship status and would return to AMA sanctioning, and the AMA is still the U.S. affiliate of the FIM.

Unless we're pushing to have an all new governing body for Supercross? Who runs it, why, and how?

This whole FIM based argument has started over drug testing. So how does that relate into this new version of Supercross? Are we going back to no drug testing at all? Sounds like a big step backwards to me... And as I stated before, if we went with USADA, we'd more than likely end up with the same results for penalties as we did with the FIM/WADA. Other than we would more likely have quicker decisions, which would be a plus.
Not for Myself and any people who have followed the Sport since the 70's.

Feld should have stayed with FIM just long enough to resolve the Jam Sports fiasco and when the contract ended should have canned FIM.

The only positive FIM brought was a worthless name "World" and a leverage bar against the AMA
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/21/2014 6:27pm
ML512 wrote:
There's a connection, I never denied that. But as to we are discussing (and that you're the OP), what negative affect does this have that they're...

500guy wrote:
Not for Myself and any people who have followed the Sport since the 70's. Feld should have stayed with FIM just long enough to resolve the...

Feld should have stayed with FIM just long enough to resolve the Jam Sports fiasco and when the contract ended should have canned FIM.

The only positive FIM brought was a worthless name "World" and a leverage bar against the AMA
I'm still waiting for your answers to any of my above questions... I don't see a definitive reason for the need to "declare war" yet.
500guy
12/21/2014 6:28pm
ML512 wrote:
I'm still waiting for your answers to any of my above questions... I don't see a definitive reason for the need to "declare war" yet.
Am I on trial ?

I answer what I want.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/21/2014 6:31pm
ML512 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Am I on trial ?

I answer what I want.
I just thought this was forum for discussion. You started a topic and my entry into the discussion was to see why it even makes sense? Unless this was just a USA chest pounding/fishing expedition without any forethought, which seems to be a little too common around here recently.
ando
12/21/2014 6:33pm
ML512 wrote:

500guy wrote:
Not for Myself and any people who have followed the Sport since the 70's. Feld should have stayed with FIM just long enough to resolve the...

ML512 wrote:
That's because there isn't any.

Most of the dropkicks on here don't realise that MX Sports also subscribe to WADA's drug policies and recommend the same minimum penalties for first infringements i.e. Two years.
12/21/2014 6:35pm
A lot of you guys hate lawyers and contracts.

A great way to get those two involved is to try and kick FIM out.
Cygnus
12/21/2014 6:40pm
War! What is it good for!

Absolutely nothing!

Huh say it again!
Trav138
12/21/2014 6:47pm
ML512 wrote:

Have you read the AMA letter? DC's thoughts in racerhead?
The whole situation has been a mess from the start.
I think most would prefer USADA. At least we know one of the most important decisions of the sport in recent history WON'T be made by an Indian lawyer at a Best Western in Switzerland. If thats what you want than yay lets keep things the way they are.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/21/2014 6:50pm
ML512 wrote:

Trav138 wrote:
Have you read the AMA letter? DC's thoughts in racerhead? The whole situation has been a mess from the start. I think most would prefer USADA...
Have you read the AMA letter? DC's thoughts in racerhead?
The whole situation has been a mess from the start.
I think most would prefer USADA. At least we know one of the most important decisions of the sport in recent history WON'T be made by an Indian lawyer at a Best Western in Switzerland. If thats what you want than yay lets keep things the way they are.
I stated in the bottom of that post we would more than likely end up with a faster system. But I also think everyone would equally be asking for USADA/AMA (if they were fully in-charge) to be burnt at the stake as well, once the handed out penalty was similar in severity.
Kawaboy14
12/21/2014 7:00pm
500guy wrote:
Lets do this , and get it over with, it's an old model that is broken, We don't need it. The Manufactures might want to stay...
Lets do this , and get it over with, it's an old model that is broken, We don't need it.

The Manufactures might want to stay true to the FIM but nobody has the infrastructure or resources to pull either series off.

They will come race , They have no other option.
I'm in!

Boston tea party style?

Post a reply to: Feld,AMA and MXSports needs to declare war on FIM

The Latest