Febvres racer x monday interview

jloucks742
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 6:18pm
I was scanning over it like I do every interview that has long paragraph responses and one line caught me eye.

"On the Motocross of Nations…
It is my first time and we have a good group. With Gautier, we are 1-2 in the championship, and [Marvin] Musquin—he had bad luck last weekend, but he is the strongest man in the 250s. I’m looking forward to it."

That is without a doubt a STRONG line up but lets be real about Musquin. Martin was faster 99% of the time.

I just had had to get that one out because I put down my beer when I read it
|
Thelen20
8/31/2015 3:54pm
Eh, except for . . . that team is going to be tough to beat!
visser62
8/31/2015 3:56pm
In Ernee, Marvin probably is the strongest.
jloucks742
8/31/2015 3:56pm
Thelen20 wrote:
Eh, except for . . . that team is going to be tough to beat!
I haven't been keeping up on the team lineups for it (except for USA) but that is also why I set my beer down. That is a really really good team.
8/31/2015 4:00pm
Martin wasn't

France will be tough to beat but it's moto, nothing's a given.

The Shop

Olson
8/31/2015 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 4:01pm
99% of the time is bullshit though. If that was the case Jeremy should have finished in front of Marvin in 23,76 out 24 motos this summer. I don't think that was the case. You need to pick up on your math skills. Moran!
jloucks742
8/31/2015 4:04pm
Olson wrote:
99% of the time is bullshit though. If that was the case Jeremy should have finished in front of Marvin in 23,76 out 24 motos this...
99% of the time is bullshit though. If that was the case Jeremy should have finished in front of Marvin in 23,76 out 24 motos this summer. I don't think that was the case. You need to pick up on your math skills. Moran!
Ummm I hate to break it to you but you can be faster than someone and wait for it... still be behind them. They both had their fair share of bad luck but go back and look at every races lap times. Martin was consistently faster almost every weekend. And hes the champion, so eat shit
Motoxdoc
8/31/2015 4:04pm
jloucks742 wrote:
I was scanning over it like I do every interview that has long paragraph responses and one line caught me eye. "On the Motocross of Nations...
I was scanning over it like I do every interview that has long paragraph responses and one line caught me eye.

It is my first time and we have a good group. With Gautier, we are 1-2 in the championship, and [Marvin] Musquin—he had bad luck last weekend, but he is the strongest man in the 250s. I’m looking forward to it."

That is without a doubt a STRONG line up but lets be real about Musquin. Martin was faster 99% of the time.

Looks like you should've put the bong down too!
8/31/2015 4:18pm
Olson wrote:
99% of the time is bullshit though. If that was the case Jeremy should have finished in front of Marvin in 23,76 out 24 motos this...
jloucks742 wrote:
Ummm I hate to break it to you but you can be faster than someone and wait for it... still be behind them. They both had...
Ummm I hate to break it to you but you can be faster than someone and wait for it... still be behind them. They both had their fair share of bad luck but go back and look at every races lap times. Martin was consistently faster almost every weekend. And hes the champion, so eat shit
better stop drinking now ... youre starting to spread a lot of BS
stewie94
8/31/2015 4:18pm
Olson wrote:
jloucks742 wrote:
Ummm I hate to break it to you but you can be faster than someone and wait for it... still be behind them. They both had...
martin wasent faster than marv on every track this season...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/31/2015 4:19pm
jloucks742 wrote:
I was scanning over it like I do every interview that has long paragraph responses and one line caught me eye. "On the Motocross of Nations...

Don't drink and read...and then type.

Here are their points scored through the season.

Jeremy Martin
22 25 16 15 25 25 22 25 18 18 22 15 25 25 20 25 12 20 25 16 20 25 18 12
Marvin Musquin
25 22 25 25 7 22 25 18 25 25 14 25 18 15 13 20 25 22 18 25 25 20 0 20

Jeremy had Glen Helen troubles. Marvin had a crap Lakewood. They both had speed at one point or another during the season. Other than that, they both had killer seasons. There's a reason they came into Ironman only two points apart.
Crush
8/31/2015 4:21pm
jloucks742 wrote:

How can you say let's be real and then say 99%...

If you're gonna be real you should at least do that. By definition, Musquin was faster at at least 3 races that he won... I'm sure he beat Martin at a few races without winning also....
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/31/2015 4:23pm
Olson wrote:
jloucks742 wrote:
He's drinking Coors Light, so unless he's a 100 pound girl I don't think he is impaired.
Olson
8/31/2015 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 4:25pm
jloucks742 wrote:
Thank you for making it so much easier not taking you seriously.
8/31/2015 4:25pm
jloucks742 wrote:
Olson wrote:
Thank you for making it so much easier not taking you seriously.
the only right answer TongueLaughing
jloucks742
8/31/2015 4:31pm
jloucks742 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
He's drinking Coors Light, so unless he's a 100 pound girl I don't think he is impaired.
Lagunitas IPA. Im actually out of coors light at the moment
peelout
8/31/2015 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 4:34pm
jloucks742 wrote:

99% of the time?

kind of a cheap shot to MM in my opinion. while it is debatable if MM was the strongest man in the 250's or not (history says JM was), i would have a very hard time saying JM was better 99% of the time.

put down your USA kool-aid for a minute bro

ps... love me some Lagunitas, i prefer the Lil Sumpin' over the IPA but they're both great
Zracer
8/31/2015 4:35pm
jloucks742 wrote:
The only way you are faster from behind is if you are lapping someone . Really this space , time, velocity shit should get hammered out in school. Our education system sucks. See if 2 riders both start from point A simultaneously ( look it up) and rider A reaches point B before rider B , then rider A was traveling faster. Its simple math. V=S/T ....
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/31/2015 4:36pm
GrapeApe wrote:
jloucks742 wrote:
Lagunitas IPA. Im actually out of coors light at the moment
Nevermind, inebriation is an option here Laughing
jloucks742
8/31/2015 4:38pm
jloucks742 wrote:

peelout wrote:
99% of the time? kind of a cheap shot to MM in my opinion. while it is debatable if MM was the strongest man in the...
99% of the time?

kind of a cheap shot to MM in my opinion. while it is debatable if MM was the strongest man in the 250's or not (history says JM was), i would have a very hard time saying JM was better 99% of the time.

put down your USA kool-aid for a minute bro

ps... love me some Lagunitas, i prefer the Lil Sumpin' over the IPA but they're both great
I will agree with that. 99% of the time was not correct but I believe the scale does fall in martins favor. I too was looking for a great last 2 moto battle between the two but shit happens.

Theres always lagunitas in my fridge and Lil Sumpin is great. Lil Sumpin Extra is good too
jeffro503
8/31/2015 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 4:40pm
99% of the time? What? C'mon man , Marv had jeremy's number quite a few times this season. Didn't they go into the last round only a few points of a difference? MM25 is friggin awesome and he had a great year. Was gutted for him in the first moto when that fuel pump failed. Go Marv!
Xeno
8/31/2015 5:36pm
They are both racing 250s at MXoN, right? So we'll get to see who is fast.

TXDirt
8/31/2015 5:42pm
GrapeApe wrote:
More like Coors Cutter!!
tvo314
8/31/2015 5:47pm
He's talking about the the French team, so it could be taken as MM is the strongest 250 rider available for their team. Regardless what he meant, it's hardly worth worrying about.
TXDirt
8/31/2015 5:47pm
Martin was usually faster. Marvin almost always had better starts though. This played out almost all season long. Starts are a huge part of racing. We never had to see Marvin go from 38 to 3rd in a moto so we don't know if he had the speed and tenacity to do that. If Martin could have bought a start in the last 8 rounds the series would not have been near as close. Not taking anything away from Marvin. He was awesome all year long and has the speed to beat Martin straight up with the cards are right. Unfortunately we never really saw many good battles between them. It was either Martin gets a decent start and checks out or Martin gets a bad start and has to work way through pack and Marvin always starts consistently and takes the win.
Bearuno
8/31/2015 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 6:45pm
jloucks742 wrote:

Ever give thought that he may have been referring to the French Team (well, patently, he was) , that Marvin was the strongest 250 rider for them?

I saw that and thought 'this will bring out the ones that are ever so ready to be all butt hurt'.- that so few have done so, so far, is commendable.

Hey, he may well think Marvin is the strongest 250f rider, outright - he's entitled to his opinion, as we all are. I think Febvre is the fastest Ranga around, but that will probably bring out the 'butt hurt' in the RV and RC fanciers. Rangas Rule!

jloucks742
8/31/2015 6:05pm
jloucks742 wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
Ever give thought that he may have been referring to the French Team (well, patently, he was) , that Marvin was the strongest 250 rider for...
Ever give thought that he may have been referring to the French Team (well, patently, he was) , that Marvin was the strongest 250 rider for them?

I saw that and thought 'this will bring out the ones that are ever so ready to be all butt hurt'.- that so few have done so, so far, is commendable.

Hey, he may well think Marvin is the strongest 250f rider, outright - he's entitled to his opinion, as we all are. I think Febvre is the fastest Ranga around, but that will probably bring out the 'butt hurt' in the RV and RC fanciers. Rangas Rule!

He may have been referring to the French team. I have nothing against marvin and I think hes a great rider and even a better dude. As a matter of fact I always hope he makes the podium because I love his interviews. I just felt that Jeremy showed more speed all year. They both shined at times during the season I just think Jeremy overcame more adversity mostly due to his bad starts. As I said earlier I think the French team is going to be very hard to beat at mxdn.

Post a reply to: Febvres racer x monday interview

The Latest