Fanelli strikes again

scooter5002
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2015 1:19pm
Five years later, still cranking out his shit. Stolen from KXRiders, you can see it all here.
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,13589.0.html
A sample, if you're lazy, and can't click.

Someone needs to show Fanelli this, not that it would make a difference. Public shaming certainly hasn't.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Race-Shop,42/2009-Honda-CR250-Finished-Pi…
|
hvaughn88
2/18/2015 9:05am
sorry for my limited knowledge on the subject, I don't follow the AF conversion stuff much, but do people actually pay money for that fabrication? I've seen rednecks with better craftsmanship fixing their lawnmower decks, haha. Like I said, I could be way off base here, but there is no way in hell I would actually pay money for that, let alone ride it.
enketchum
2/18/2015 9:09am
He isn't a reputable fabber like Service Honda. His stuff has been passed around for a long time, now
4stroke4DWIN
2/18/2015 9:14am
Thats just straight up terrible not to mention prolly unsafe as hell. Jesus, smh.

The Shop

2/18/2015 9:17am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2015 9:26am
His welds look good...as a exp. Welder myself, aluminum isnt the easiest to weld...however his geometery and measurements are all off with no tolerances gapped nor even looked at. This guy is a hack! His tooling and jig prep obviously isnt relevant in his mind. This looks like he just grabbed a tig and eyeballed everything.

2/18/2015 9:23am
Not sure if im more concerned about the dudes work or the fact the guy is still trying to assemble the bike?
hvaughn88
2/18/2015 9:36am
His welds look good...as a exp. Welder myself, aluminum isnt the easiest to weld...however his geometery and measurements are all off with no tolerances gapped nor...
His welds look good...as a exp. Welder myself, aluminum isnt the easiest to weld...however his geometery and measurements are all off with no tolerances gapped nor even looked at. This guy is a hack! His tooling and jig prep obviously isnt relevant in his mind. This looks like he just grabbed a tig and eyeballed everything.

I respect your opinion as a welder. But from a consumer standpoint, if I'm paying you to do weld something for me, I don't care if it's not easy to do. If you are confident enough to charge money for it, then I'm expecting something that doesn't look like shit.
ehr400
2/18/2015 9:38am
BS, those welds are garbage. Like I told Scooter before, I saw one of his KX's break in the neck area at Vet Fest 2012. Dude wasnt even that fast and shit broke in a g-out.

You never weave on Aluminum. More importantly he has 15 lbs of filler into this POS and I am sure he never post welded re-heat treated it. Fuck the whole damn frame looked like it got hot and shifted.

So the question is Scooter, when you picking this Gem up? Woohoo
4stroke4DWIN
2/18/2015 9:42am
That guy has absolutely no fear of killing someone. It would take a come along and some ratchet straps to get the engine to fit in that thing.
ehr400
2/18/2015 9:44am
I know others have done KX conversions but they never look as clean, what I mean its not a good conversion to do. Every one I have seen just looks shoe horned in there. Some frames dont work well with 500 2 stroke motors fitting in there.
scooter5002
2/18/2015 9:51am
ehr400 wrote:
BS, those welds are garbage. Like I told Scooter before, I saw one of his KX's break in the neck area at Vet Fest 2012. Dude...
BS, those welds are garbage. Like I told Scooter before, I saw one of his KX's break in the neck area at Vet Fest 2012. Dude wasnt even that fast and shit broke in a g-out.

You never weave on Aluminum. More importantly he has 15 lbs of filler into this POS and I am sure he never post welded re-heat treated it. Fuck the whole damn frame looked like it got hot and shifted.

So the question is Scooter, when you picking this Gem up? Woohoo
LMFAO
APLMAN99
2/18/2015 9:53am
hvaughn88 wrote:
sorry for my limited knowledge on the subject, I don't follow the AF conversion stuff much, but do people actually pay money for that fabrication? I've...
sorry for my limited knowledge on the subject, I don't follow the AF conversion stuff much, but do people actually pay money for that fabrication? I've seen rednecks with better craftsmanship fixing their lawnmower decks, haha. Like I said, I could be way off base here, but there is no way in hell I would actually pay money for that, let alone ride it.
I know this will sound a little nit picky, but one of my biggest peeves on this subject is when people refer to these conversions as "AF". That's Service Honda's designation for their models, which I'm pretty sure are actually titled as such. An "AF" should only refer to a Service Honda bike.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that every time I see that it makes me cringe thinking of how Service Honda has worked hard to build that brand and then to see it used for any cobbled together conversion is a bit sad.
hvaughn88
2/18/2015 9:55am
hvaughn88 wrote:
sorry for my limited knowledge on the subject, I don't follow the AF conversion stuff much, but do people actually pay money for that fabrication? I've...
APLMAN99 wrote:
I know this will sound a little nit picky, but one of my biggest peeves on this subject is when people refer to these conversions as...
I know this will sound a little nit picky, but one of my biggest peeves on this subject is when people refer to these conversions as "AF". That's Service Honda's designation for their models, which I'm pretty sure are actually titled as such. An "AF" should only refer to a Service Honda bike.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that every time I see that it makes me cringe thinking of how Service Honda has worked hard to build that brand and then to see it used for any cobbled together conversion is a bit sad.
That's a fair gripe. I completely agree that I'm not using it accurately if that's the case. I guess I'm kind of using it like calling a tissue a Kleenex. That's my bad. I'll try to keep from doing that in the future.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
2/18/2015 10:11am
I feel like I could make some better welds and I've never welded anything in my life.
JBernard_401
2/18/2015 10:11am
AF is designated as Aluminum Frame, and SF is Steel Frame conversion.
i wouldnt go so far as saying that SH came up with the 'AF' nomenclature. its pretty generic.

however, the above is an abomination and shouldn't be classified as anything.

here's what someone who can weld can do. This is my frame.

JBernard_401
2/18/2015 10:13am
and if anyone wants to know what that guy charged for that hack job fab....

1k.

one....thousand...dollars.

yes.
scooter5002
2/18/2015 10:15am
Service Honda has a copyright on the term AF, he did that some years ago, However, I'll call an aluminum frame 500 a 500AF because I can, and he can suck it. If that's a problem, he can sue me.
2/18/2015 10:17am
His welds look good...as a exp. Welder myself, aluminum isnt the easiest to weld...however his geometery and measurements are all off with no tolerances gapped nor...

hvaughn88 wrote:
I respect your opinion as a welder. But from a consumer standpoint, if I'm paying you to do weld something for me, I don't care if...
I respect your opinion as a welder. But from a consumer standpoint, if I'm paying you to do weld something for me, I don't care if it's not easy to do. If you are confident enough to charge money for it, then I'm expecting something that doesn't look like shit.
I agree 200%...I was just saying that that if you cant do it the right way, dont do it at all.
JBernard_401
2/18/2015 10:18am
wow i didnt know they had that copyrighted. thats pretty intense.
thanks for the kind words. its taking long enough, it better be damn well made ha!
scooter5002
2/18/2015 10:25am
wow i didnt know they had that copyrighted. thats pretty intense. thanks for the kind words. its taking long enough, it better be damn well made...
wow i didnt know they had that copyrighted. thats pretty intense.
thanks for the kind words. its taking long enough, it better be damn well made ha!
"All good things come in time.", "If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right, the first time." and "God DAMN, you are one stupid son of a bitch" are all expressions I heard growing up, repeatedly. All from the same source, my Father. Drummed into my head, on a daily basis.
I also heard another expression, from, ironically, the fellow who did the welding on anything my Dad needed built, or repaired. "When you're 18, your old man's an asshole. When you're 21, you're amazed at what he's learned in the last 3 years." My learning curve was a tad longer.
ehr400
2/18/2015 10:28am
and if anyone wants to know what that guy charged for that hack job fab....

1k.

one....thousand...dollars.

yes.
I had the pleasure of meeting George just like Scooter.

That is on the low side for him, he quoted a guy I know 1800 to destroy his frames integrity.

As a welder for 20 years that is how a proper TIG weld on Aluminum looks. Also the joint preperation and overall non hack job setup also helps. Cool
2/18/2015 10:37am
My favorite part is the 36 grit grind marks all over everything.

If you read the guys build thread, he is actually happy with the job. His only complaints are one side of the cradle is crooked, and the pipe he paid $400.00 for doesn't fit. He contacted the guy about the cradle, and accepted some bullshit excuse about the frame being stronger this way. He also calls the headstay "trick".

I feel bad for the guy.

Post a reply to: Fanelli strikes again

The Latest