Factory Rides next year..

observer
7/26/2010 12:46am
But I do like the Dungey/Metty thing. Good combo, and Bret has earned it.
But so has Shorty, another great teammate for Ryan.
cider racer
7/26/2010 12:49am
What about KTM, don't forget them.

250 - Musquin + ? Searle ( maybe )
350 - ?
mxtryon231
7/26/2010 12:56am
Musquin will be smokin' fast on the 250, I am hoping they move Tommy up to the 350.

The Shop

7/26/2010 1:26am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 1:28am
Lets not forget the new factory teams: Zengchen Benma, Wuyi Shine, Shandong Asiawing, and Yongkang Wanbaolong. If not next year then maybe the year after...or the year after that. It wasn't that long ago that people laughed at Japanese manufactured goods.

wow123
7/26/2010 1:56am
not a mention of readon? seems to have overcome his injuries and putting together some better results.
Fat Fingers
7/26/2010 2:40am
Who out of the 250 class is moving up? I know of Pourcel and Canard.

What about Rattray? he surely can't stay in the support class for much longer... any others?

Hanaa80
7/26/2010 3:11am
mxtryon231 wrote:
Seems like there are a couple guys on factory rides that will not be there next year. 1. Moss @ Factory Suzuki.. He got a great...
Seems like there are a couple guys on factory rides that will not be there next year.

1. Moss @ Factory Suzuki.. He got a great start in the second moto but faded from 4th to 14th... Who will get the nod to be Dungey's teammate next year? Do they choose someone who is up and coming (like Moss) or somebody who is a legit threat to the podium week in and week out?

2. Nick Wey should not be on a factory ride next season. The guy is great for PR and seems like one of the nicest guys in the pits, but battling for a top ten spot every weekend doesn't seem good enough to be representing factory Kawasaki. Will it be RV and CP377 next year??

3. Honda has Andrew Short who has shown he is not only getting better (with 7 holeshots in a row, and a harder charging style) but who will be their other riders? Canard will be a solid addition to the squad, maybe another?

4. KTM 350, will they get a SX savvy rider to ride for them during the SX season to put that 350 on the box??

5. Yamaha.. Viva Stewart!!!

What are your thoughts??
Just bench racin here on a Sunday morning, time to go enjoy the beach.
Apparently Jlaw to JGR was closer than you'd think, but not happening though. Listen the one with Albrecht: http://www.pulpmx.com/podcasts/washougal-podcasts

7/26/2010 7:21am
slomoto wrote:
heard a rumor that L&M are going suzuki
jmx411 wrote:
I heard they were either going to GAS GAS or Husky and heard a crazy rumor from an unreliable source that they might even go with...
I heard they were either going to GAS GAS or Husky and heard a crazy rumor from an unreliable source that they might even go with Harley Davidson
U r so dumm... it is Team Buehll they are signing with, racing the new Buehll mx bike using top secret leftover Cannondale fuel injectors. I'm connected, don't ya know?
7/26/2010 7:23am
Ddavis wrote:
Didn't look to far into the posts but I think this is what factory rides next year should look like. Honda - Canard and Pourcel Kawasaki...
Didn't look to far into the posts but I think this is what factory rides next year should look like.

Honda - Canard and Pourcel
Kawasaki - Villopoto and Weimer
Suzuki - Dungey and Metcalfe
JGR - Millsaps and Lawrence
L&M - Stewart and Hill
H&H - Grant

Chad Reed? I'm not sure, maybe he'll do his own thing, or stay at Kawi.
I know you said not to read into it much, but I think that is a pretty accurate guesstimate though bro... at least that is a very logical list me thinkst.
7/26/2010 7:26am
Antipodean wrote:
Lets not forget the new factory teams: Zengchen Benma, Wuyi Shine, Shandong Asiawing, and Yongkang Wanbaolong. If not next year then maybe the year after...or the...
Lets not forget the new factory teams: Zengchen Benma, Wuyi Shine, Shandong Asiawing, and Yongkang Wanbaolong. If not next year then maybe the year after...or the year after that. It wasn't that long ago that people laughed at Japanese manufactured goods.

attempting....to....breathe.......

good one. I lol'd and roflmao'd.
bobby397
7/26/2010 7:34am
mxtryon231 wrote:
Seems like there are a couple guys on factory rides that will not be there next year. 1. Moss @ Factory Suzuki.. He got a great...
Seems like there are a couple guys on factory rides that will not be there next year.

1. Moss @ Factory Suzuki.. He got a great start in the second moto but faded from 4th to 14th... Who will get the nod to be Dungey's teammate next year? Do they choose someone who is up and coming (like Moss) or somebody who is a legit threat to the podium week in and week out?

2. Nick Wey should not be on a factory ride next season. The guy is great for PR and seems like one of the nicest guys in the pits, but battling for a top ten spot every weekend doesn't seem good enough to be representing factory Kawasaki. Will it be RV and CP377 next year??

3. Honda has Andrew Short who has shown he is not only getting better (with 7 holeshots in a row, and a harder charging style) but who will be their other riders? Canard will be a solid addition to the squad, maybe another?

4. KTM 350, will they get a SX savvy rider to ride for them during the SX season to put that 350 on the box??

5. Yamaha.. Viva Stewart!!!

What are your thoughts??
Just bench racin here on a Sunday morning, time to go enjoy the beach.
Hanaa80 wrote:
Apparently Jlaw to JGR was closer than you'd think, but not happening though. Listen the one with Albrecht: http://www.pulpmx.com/podcasts/washougal-podcasts

yep, racer x reported on twitter that Jlaw has left JGR and NC.......
Weeks381fan
7/26/2010 9:00am
Maybe someone should look at this Ryan Sipes kid who keeps finishing really well outdoors.
mxtryon231
7/26/2010 11:21am
Maybe someone should look at this Ryan Sipes kid who keeps finishing really well outdoors.
Ryan Sipes should get another shot at a factory gig. He was really young and new to the pro ranks when Honda picked him and Tommy Hahn up on 250's years ago.. He has been killing it lately on the 450.
Spinner
7/26/2010 12:28pm
mxpaul802 wrote:
Tyler Bowers needs to be put in the mix somewhere!!!!!
Didn't he have an arraignment for assault coming up recently?
toddh
7/26/2010 12:39pm
mxtryon231 wrote:
Ryan Sipes should get another shot at a factory gig. He was really young and new to the pro ranks when Honda picked him and Tommy...
Ryan Sipes should get another shot at a factory gig. He was really young and new to the pro ranks when Honda picked him and Tommy Hahn up on 250's years ago.. He has been killing it lately on the 450.
I know Motoconcepts wants him back. Not sure what other teams are looking at him but hopefully he can be on a 450. He is getting too big for the 250.
toddh
7/26/2010 12:40pm
mxtryon231 wrote:
Ryan Sipes should get another shot at a factory gig. He was really young and new to the pro ranks when Honda picked him and Tommy...
I know Motoconcepts wants him back. Not sure what other teams are looking at him but hopefully he can be on a 450. He is getting too big for the 250.
Fuzion
7/26/2010 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 1:16pm
1) Kawi: RV2 and CR22 (as long as Monster renews their sponsorship, they are signed)
2) Honda: Canard/Pourcel/Shorty (Honda likes Shorty and he's consistant so they won't get rid of him and add 2 rookies, i think)
3) Suzuki: Dungey and maybe Weimer or Metty
4) Yamaha: Stewie if their contract gets renews with L&M (and all supported teams). Hill should be back there since he did have 5 second places...
5) JGR: Brayton has a 2 year deal and looks like JG33 will do his own deal (California based since he's gonna be a daddy)
6) H&H: they are talking to Willsaps and Tedesco
7) VMS: ????
8) KTM: Searl/Musquin... they want more presence in US, don't know how many they are hiring...
9) Moto Concepts: ?? I think they should keep Sipes and Chiz, they are hauling!
10) Geico Honda: Windham and I think Metty could get a 450 ride there

11) not sure about Han and Rockstar Suzuki

that's what I have for now
Rudicross
7/26/2010 1:28pm
Searle back to the GP's and MX Panda will be Dungey's teammate.
SL91
7/26/2010 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 5:46pm
Colton Facciotti to Motoconcepts or Valli Yamaha for 450 class.
Sorry double post
SL91
7/26/2010 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 5:47pm
Colton Facciotti to Motoconcepts or Valli Yamaha for 450 class Wink Would be a nice fit I think.
toddh
7/26/2010 1:49pm
What about Tommy Hahn?
Fuzion
7/26/2010 2:05pm
SL91 wrote:
Colton Facciotti to Motoconcepts or Valli Yamaha for 450 class.
Sorry double post
Nice!
JW381
7/26/2010 2:53pm
Hahn, Tedesco and Metcalfe all deserve to be on the best team they can get. Pourcel and Canard both deserve the big bucks. There's gonna be a lot of qualified riders, and probably not a ton of spots, unfortunately. Especially with rumors of Suzuki not even able to pay Dungey's bills.

We've been going thru this for the past couple of years now, and it always seems to work out how it should, for the most part.

I think mudflaps' time with Honda is up. He' s just not putting in the results. I know he started off the supercross season ok, but I just don't see him racing enough to deserve such a coveted spot.
farmerfra
7/26/2010 3:47pm
Bad Billy Robinson to get new team mates Rick Melon and Goose Tramle on Team Hurricane
Trip and Casey Carlisle to Team Nami

Post a reply to: Factory Rides next year..

The Latest