Factory Husqvarna?

Gbizzle
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:03am
Has anyone heard any news on Husqvarna bringing a factory team over to complete in Supercross and Motocross. I believe it would be nice to get another factory backed entry on the gate. The bike would probably need a good amount of work to be competitive with the other big brands, but it would still be nice to see some huskys on the line.
|
nytsmaC
7/19/2011 9:01am
They are making a push on off-road racing, I'm sure MX is in the future but don't hold your breath. It's not worth doing unless they are prepared well enough to be a real contender. Having a strong amateur contingency and support will sell a lot more bikes than a half assed pro team effort ever will.
NetMXer
7/19/2011 9:17am
nytsmaC wrote:
They are making a push on off-road racing, I'm sure MX is in the future but don't hold your breath. It's not worth doing unless they...
They are making a push on off-road racing, I'm sure MX is in the future but don't hold your breath. It's not worth doing unless they are prepared well enough to be a real contender. Having a strong amateur contingency and support will sell a lot more bikes than a half assed pro team effort ever will.
Getting a bigger dealer network would help too. Are they selling Husky's at all the BMW shops now that they own Husky?
Rooster
7/19/2011 9:44am
NetMXer wrote:
Getting a bigger dealer network would help too. Are they selling Husky's at all the BMW shops now that they own Husky?
Not always, but a lot of BMW dealers have picked them up.

Up here anyhow. I'm sure the distribution is different in the US.
ocscottie
7/19/2011 10:01am
Here is the Team Ricci Husky running in the GP's, pretty trick looking bike:

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/19/2011 10:06am
Gbizzle wrote:
Has anyone heard any news on Husqvarna bringing a factory team over to complete in Supercross and Motocross. I believe it would be nice to get...
Has anyone heard any news on Husqvarna bringing a factory team over to complete in Supercross and Motocross. I believe it would be nice to get another factory backed entry on the gate. The bike would probably need a good amount of work to be competitive with the other big brands, but it would still be nice to see some huskys on the line.
It's not so much bringing one over, as starting one here. I talked to someone from Husky's U.S. headquarters at the USGP, and they're interested in doing it, but know that it's going to cost a ton...like multiple times the budget that they're spending now for all of their off-road efforts. I'd guess that sometime in the next 2-3 years you'll see that ramp up.

Husqvarna has added tons of staff to their infrastructure here over the last six months or so. They definitely seem to be ramping up.

Post a reply to: Factory Husqvarna?

The Latest