FXR Gear Company

kkawboy14
Edited Date/Time 7/18/2017 6:26pm
That's a real company!

|
7/18/2017 5:51am
I wish they still made their workwear shorts and pants, good quality for the workin stiff
agn5009
7/18/2017 6:01am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's a real company! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/18/205293/s1200_IMG_0340.jpg[/img]
That's a real company!

You need to charge that battery or I'm gonna have a damn stroke.
kkawboy14
7/18/2017 6:54am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's a real company! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/18/205293/s1200_IMG_0340.jpg[/img]
That's a real company!

agn5009 wrote:
You need to charge that battery or I'm gonna have a damn stroke.
Ha, you sound like my wife when she's watching my gas gauge!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/18/2017 7:07am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's a real company!

Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Aren't Fox/Shift, Thor, Alpinestars, MSR/Ansr, etc. real companies in your eyes?

Would you mind elaborating on the topic?

Is it the fact that they have distribution centers/warehouses globally, the fact that they deal directly with dealers?

Not trying to be an ass just trying to understand. I know one thing, their designs have come a long way and the current stuff looks good.

The Shop

kkawboy14
7/18/2017 7:16am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2017 7:17am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's a real company!

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Aren't Fox/Shift, Thor, Alpinestars, MSR/Ansr, etc. real companies in your eyes? Would you mind elaborating on the...
Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Aren't Fox/Shift, Thor, Alpinestars, MSR/Ansr, etc. real companies in your eyes?

Is it the fact that they have distribution centers/warehouses globally, the fact that they deal directly with dealers?

Not trying to be an ass just trying to understand. I know one thing, their designs have come a long way and the current stuff looks good.
Yeah I get what your asking. Since I'm a Florida Texas guy I had never heard of them until recently. So I thought they were just a new small upstart company, nope they are a for real company. Pretty impressive to me. Plus I think they are tapped into some styles that look good.
ga_pike
7/18/2017 7:24am
Their stiff looks pretty good too... but reminds me of Fox.

The Vexea stuff looks good too IMO. Don't know about durability.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/18/2017 7:33am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2017 7:37am
kkawboy14 wrote:
That's a real company!

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. Aren't Fox/Shift, Thor, Alpinestars, MSR/Ansr, etc. real companies in your eyes? Would you mind elaborating on the...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Yeah I get what your asking. Since I'm a Florida Texas guy I had never heard of them until recently. So I thought they were just...
Yeah I get what your asking. Since I'm a Florida Texas guy I had never heard of them until recently. So I thought they were just a new small upstart company, nope they are a for real company. Pretty impressive to me. Plus I think they are tapped into some styles that look good.
FXR has been in business for 25 years. They're out of Canada.

Here's a good article that was done in 2016 about Milt Reimer the owner and brand if you would like to know more about it. Worth a read.

http://media.fxrracing.com/2016/03/fxr-clothing-a-true-canadian-success…

Edit: Forgot to mention. You've probably never heard of them until just recently for two reasons. They started as a snowmobiling brand and being from Florida I'm guessing you're not in that scene. The other reason is because they've only started making a big push in marketing their moto stuff worlwide this year. They're doing a great job at it too.
kkawboy14
7/18/2017 7:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Yeah I get what your asking. Since I'm a Florida Texas guy I had never heard of them until recently. So I thought they were just...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
FXR has been in business for 25 years. They're out of Canada. Here's a good article that was done in 2016 about Milt Reimer the owner...

Here's a good article that was done in 2016 about Milt Reimer the owner and brand if you would like to know more about it. Worth a read.

Edit: Forgot to mention. You've probably never heard of them until just recently for two reasons. They started as a snowmobiling brand and being from Florida I'm guessing you're not in that scene. The other reason is because they've only started making a big push in marketing their moto stuff worlwide this year. They're doing a great job at it too.
Cool story! I bet if Harley would have won he wouldn't have been so happy with them.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/18/2017 8:37am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2017 8:42am
kkawboy14 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
FXR has been in business for 25 years. They're out of Canada. Here's a good article that was done in 2016 about Milt Reimer the owner...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Cool story! I bet if Harley would have won he wouldn't have been so happy with them.
Funny enough some Harley-Davidson dealers carry their stuff. He made them look stupid. All it would of took is a trademark/patent search to see he had it registered before they did. It's non conflicting so they both get to use it.

Still pretty funny that one of the most recognised names in the world takes a small time guy from Canada to court only to find out he had registered the trademark before them. Such a big case for something so simple.

For you outdoorsman you can find their FXR outdoor gear in Cabela's.
dedi684
7/18/2017 8:55am
Yeah I bought their snow gear around 1999. Loved it and still have most of it.
RF219
7/18/2017 9:36am
Where is the best place to get FXR gear in the states? I dont see it at any of the bigger places I've checked
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/18/2017 1:50pm
RF219 wrote:
Where is the best place to get FXR gear in the states? I dont see it at any of the bigger places I've checked
Go to the FXR website and check to see if there's any dealer's that carry it around where you live. If none are close enough you can order it directly from FXR's website.

I was going to check for you but your location just says USA.
Motofinne
7/18/2017 2:06pm
I got to know FXR through Maria Sandberg on Instagram. Some of their moto gear looks okay and their investments in privateers is working out.

The future is bright for that company.
Travis707
7/18/2017 2:39pm
One thing in the Racer X article that really resonated with me:

"It’s becoming one big family. We just race and just love to ride. It’s never been about money or anything. It’s just about riding and enjoying what you do, and also developing product and working with great people. It’s all about the people here. That’s the fun in it."

Milt Reimer seems to get it IMHO.

peelout
7/18/2017 2:43pm
FXR makes a great snow product and it's great to see them hitting the moto market as well.

i've always liked KLIM and MotorFist, but have heard MotorFist management is running it into the ground. hope to see FXR around for a long time, they bring a fresh flavor to both snow and moto.
7/18/2017 3:06pm
I actually really like some of their gear designs and am a big fan of the fact that they support a bunch of privateers.

Between FXR and Fly I'm not sure which company supports more privateers? Probably pretty close.
kkawboy14
7/18/2017 5:12pm
I actually really like some of their gear designs and am a big fan of the fact that they support a bunch of privateers. Between FXR...
I actually really like some of their gear designs and am a big fan of the fact that they support a bunch of privateers.

Between FXR and Fly I'm not sure which company supports more privateers? Probably pretty close.
That was cool that because of the LCQs they are getting quality tv time!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/18/2017 6:26pm
I actually really like some of their gear designs and am a big fan of the fact that they support a bunch of privateers. Between FXR...

kkawboy14 wrote:
That was cool that because of the LCQs they are getting quality tv time!
Sponsoring privateers that make the main events through the LCQ's is a great marketing strategy. You get a lot of bang for your buck since you get a lot of TV time for really cheap.

Getting someone that finishes betwen say 15-20th would not only cost more but they practically get no air time. Why spend good money on one of those guy when you can help out privateers for much less and get a much better return on your investment. Sure some of the 15-20th guys might have more Instagram followers but there's no substitute for TV air time and the amount of viewers that it reaches.

Milt the owner understands marketing and I'm glad you're seeing more of his stuff out there.
bents
Fantasy
710th
7/18/2017 9:39pm
Above all else, Milt is just a good dude who loves moto as much as anyone. Great family man.
7/21/2017 8:56am

This weekend Henry Miller is at his local track for the national in Millville, he finished top ten at Southwick in the 450 class.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/21/2017 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 4:34pm
MXNorth12 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/21/205737/s1200_AZ7Y5924_XL.jpg[/img] This weekend Henry Miller is at his local track for the national in Millville, he finished top ten at Southwick in the 450 class.

This weekend Henry Miller is at his local track for the national in Millville, he finished top ten at Southwick in the 450 class.
And here's what he's riding this weekend. He's doing a fine job representing FXR.

Post a reply to: FXR Gear Company

The Latest