Fireside Chat With James Stewart: “WHY I Won”T Be In Indiana”

bd
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 11:55am
Not sure whether this is posted..... I did a search and did not find it.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/fireside-chat-with-james-stewart-why…

“Hey guys. It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to talk to you all so I wanted to get you up to speed on what’s been going on. This year has been incredibly up and down with the highest of highs and lowest of lows for the team and me. I finally felt things were going our way after decent results in Colorado and then the sweep at High Point. After that it’s been one frustration followed by another – tough luck in Tennessee and it just seemed to get worse every weekend, from Redbud to Budds to finally Millville where I wasn’t even able to start the second moto and had to pull out...................................................

|
ocscottie
8/17/2014 3:15pm
Already been posted, it is just an excerpt from the PR Yosimura put out. Typical of MXA to make it look like some inside job they did chatting w/ James.
ocscottie
8/17/2014 3:16pm
Here is the whole thing:

A STATEMENT FROM YOSHIMURA SUZUKI’S JAMES STEWART

CHINO, CA (August 14, 2014) – Please see the following statement from Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s James Stewart . . .
“Hey guys. It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to talk to you all so I wanted to get you up to speed on what’s been going on. This year has been incredibly up and down with the highest of highs and lowest of lows for the team and me. I finally felt things were going our way after decent results in Colorado and then the sweep at High Point. After that it’s been one frustration followed by another – tough luck in Tennessee and it just seemed to get worse every weekend, from Redbud to Budds to finally Millville where I wasn’t even able to start the second moto and had to pull out.

“It took a few weeks after Millville to recover and get back up to speed but finally I feel like I can be out in front again. I feel great on my RM-Z and want to race. Unfortunately the whole situation with my medical condition and the process has far exceeded how long we thought it would take.
“As of today, I’m still not in the position to be able to race. It’s frustrating to me cause that’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. The situation is so complicated and like I said, it’s taking a lot longer to get through the process than I ever expected. I feel like I’ve let a lot of people down – my fans, my family, my team, my sponsors – they are all so important to me cause they’re my life. And racing is my life.

“I’m hoping I can at least get out there and catch the last round in Utah. I’m bummed to miss Indiana with the new track and all. It’s no fun watching these things from home when I know I should be on the bike and out there with my team and fans. I’m hoping for the best.”

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing’s next race will be round 12 of the 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championships on Saturday, August 23th, at the Utah National in Tooele, UT.

The Shop

8/17/2014 3:37pm
I'm still anxiously awaiting the release of the interview Don Maeda had with JSE right after the hot test was announced.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/17/2014 3:42pm
TripleFive wrote:
I'm still anxiously awaiting the release of the interview Don Maeda had with JSE right after the hot test was announced.
Meanwhile, every time James might end up in front of the press, we're asked not to ask him about it...
500guy
8/17/2014 3:46pm
GuyB wrote:
Meanwhile, every time James might end up in front of the press, we're asked not to ask him about it...
You guy's should ignore the riders, Teams and hangers on who don't want to talk , I'm sure when that happens they would change their tune.
8/17/2014 3:54pm
GuyB wrote:
Does his team provide you with an approved list of questions that you are permitted to ask?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/17/2014 3:55pm
TripleFive wrote:
Does his team provide you with an approved list of questions that you are permitted to ask?
Nope.
C.Worthy
8/17/2014 3:58pm
GuyB wrote:
500guy wrote:
You guy's should ignore the riders, Teams and hangers on who don't want to talk , I'm sure when that happens they would change their tune.
and I'm sure the team/rider wouldn't do an interview or answer questions from that reporter again...
500guy
8/17/2014 4:03pm
C.Worthy wrote:
and I'm sure the team/rider wouldn't do an interview or answer questions from that reporter again...
I'm talking about all the media pushing back, not just guy-b
mb60
8/17/2014 4:04pm
TripleFive wrote:
It's in the latest addition of transworld magazine.
8/17/2014 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 4:21pm
it almost sounds like he thinks he can't race unless he has some Adderall. he says he is not in position to race, but he hasn't be officially suspended yet right? so the only reason he cant race is they won let him use Adderall?
8/17/2014 4:17pm
TripleFive wrote:
mb60 wrote:
Oh okay, cool.

Care to give me a brief synopsis of what James had to say about his ADHD?
davistld01
8/17/2014 4:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 4:22pm
TripleFive wrote:
mb60 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Oh okay, cool.

He didn't. I'm quite sure he's been advised to keep his mouth shut about particulars until this all blows over. He just refers to a "medical condition", which might be his way of pointing to his attention deficit issues.
Grizz
8/17/2014 4:38pm
TripleFive wrote:
mb60 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Oh okay, cool.

It has improved his life outside of racing.
Getndome
8/17/2014 4:57pm
does anyone else think he suspended himself or worked out a deal to sit now and ride SX?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/17/2014 4:59pm
Getndome wrote:
does anyone else think he suspended himself or worked out a deal to sit now and ride SX?
No.
newmann
8/17/2014 5:00pm
ocscottie wrote:
Already been posted, it is just an excerpt from the PR Yosimura put out. Typical of MXA to make it look like some inside job they...
Already been posted, it is just an excerpt from the PR Yosimura put out. Typical of MXA to make it look like some inside job they did chatting w/ James.
Maybe it's just me, but I detected a good bit of sarcasm in the MXA title. Considering Guy B's comment regarding "don't ask, don't tell", I think it's pretty accurate, and funny...lol.
Getndome
8/17/2014 5:00pm
They are gonna have to talk about it eventually. Everyone knows what happened and if it just gets swept under the rug that sets a bad example and shows massive favoritism. so I dont get why if he was adviced to stop racing or if they worked out a deal to be suspended x amount of races starting back whenever he first missed. Than why not just say thats whats going on?
davistld01
8/17/2014 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 5:05pm
mb60 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Oh okay, cool.

Grizz wrote:
It has improved his life outside of racing.
I think many might be shocked at how many riders at any given outdoor national or SX event are taking medications daily for attention disorders. I guess that's been my sticking point all along. Someone that was supposed to be responsible for the paperwork side of things pertaining to James Stewart hugely dropped the ball in this case...and unfortunately, the buck stops with James. It could have happened the same way to anybody.
Getndome
8/17/2014 5:06pm
Getndome wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No.
what would you say the percent chance of him being on the gate at A1?
newmann
8/17/2014 5:09pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, it's none of your business. These guys have a right to privacy you know. Wink

Who is it that asks you not to ask him about "it"? His team , MX Sports or his inner circle of hanger ons, man friends and car washers?Laughing
motomike137
8/17/2014 5:31pm
I've been a big fan of James for most of his career but this latest bit of drama has just about worn me out relative to caring whether he rides again or not. I'd love to hear that this was all just a big misunderstanding and we are going to see Bubba race for another year or two drama free but again It is hard to believe that camp Stewart didn't bring this on to themselves. James is in danger if not already being in Tiger Woods territory where he is close to not being relevant anymore and the only thing keeping him in the news are his past performances and the media and the sport still propping him up. I said it when the news broke and I still stand by my words... "ctusterfuck". Sad

enketchum
8/17/2014 7:34pm
Why is there nothing in the press release about his nurse? He isn't saying anything about what we want to know.
bigborefan
8/17/2014 7:52pm
That's the gayest Press Release I have ever read. Team JSE has jumped the shark.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
8/17/2014 8:50pm
TripleFive wrote:
mb60 wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Oh okay, cool.

"Uh, yeah, no I'm superpumped to be back racing again. When I don't take the medication like I didn't this morning, I Oh look- a squirrel, isn't it cute. My dogs like to chase squirrels and I like dogs."

Laughing
bd
8/17/2014 8:59pm
I am going to say these latest set backs have broke this man's heart. He has given a lot to Motocross/Supercross and owes us nothing. I hope he leaves the sport on his own will and not a 1+ suspension.

I am proud to be riding with Seven gear this year - a fan of Bubba.

Hope to see him at MEC with the big number 1 racing KROC, Dungey, Canard, Tomac, DM18 etc
MX45
8/17/2014 9:12pm
This is my guess why we havn't seen James line up.

Post a reply to: Fireside Chat With James Stewart: “WHY I Won”T Be In Indiana”

The Latest