FIFA - FIM it's all the same

500guy
5/27/2015 11:27am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2015 1:14pm
We don't need it.

ZURICH (AP) -- Swiss prosecutors opened criminal proceedings into FIFA's awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, only hours after seven soccer officials were arrested Wednesday pending extradition to the U.S. in a separate probe of "rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted" corruption.

FIFA, meanwhile, said Friday's presidential election would go ahead as planned with Sepp Blatter going for a fifth term. Blatter was not named in either investigation.

FIFA also ruled out a revote of the World Cups won by Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022.
|
kongols
5/27/2015 11:31am
I wonder if FBI could look in to FIM /YS relations.
philG
5/27/2015 11:32am
Yeah, must be great to live in a corruption free country.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
5/27/2015 11:32am
Meanwhile, FIFA opened up an investigation into corruption related to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. The investigation is based in Switzerland, but get this, FIFA is considered the victim in these investigations!?!?

This all comes 1 week after Luis Figo and other candidates dropped out of the "election" process for president (elections are this week) because of what a sham the elections are. The elections are closed, Sep Blattar (the current president) didn't even submit what he was proposing to do as president, but it's well known he will win.

No no, FIM doesn't come close to FIFA for how well ingrained their corruption processes are. They've got decades of practice and refinement under their belts.
500guy
5/27/2015 11:34am
philG wrote:
Not what I'm saying.

We don't need 2 Sanctioning Bodies and we sure don't need people who are detached making our decisions for us.

The Shop

Gukamonster
5/27/2015 11:38am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 11:40am
You can add any European bureaucrat dominated instiution / acronym to that list, racing, political, anything (FIA, ECB, European Commission) These people have no soul. All detached far from reality, arrogant and incompetent. Wait until the Climate Conference in Paris later this year. We can only save you if you surrender complete control of your economy over to us.

This kind of stuff is not new, my favorite example was this story about former Formula 1 figurehead Max Mosley:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1003742/F1-boss-Max-Mosley-expo…
philG
5/27/2015 11:40am
philG wrote:
500guy wrote:
Not what I'm saying.

We don't need 2 Sanctioning Bodies and we sure don't need people who are detached making our decisions for us.
Sanctioning bodies are what stop the LA galaxy, and the washington redskins playing each other.
Moto810
5/27/2015 12:08pm
It's all the same kind of stuff. Kickbacks, bribes, and giving events to friends! lol They are going after non-profits here for cancer and veterans also.

They need to do this more often! I would imagine the AMA and FIM could be brought up on charges also if investigated. As well as the NBA, NFL, and College sports. It's all about the money and only the money matters to all of them.
kongols
5/27/2015 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 12:25pm
And again we have brits defending FIM. WTF really! It seems to me brits are defending anything that`s not american but being criticized by americans. That`s a dumbass stance.
5/27/2015 12:24pm
any promoter hosting a series that goes to Qatar ? Is only concerned with one thing.

money.
Rick M.
5/27/2015 12:28pm
kongols wrote:
And again we have brits defending FIM. WTF really! It seems to me brits are defending anything that`s not american but being criticized by americans. That`s...
And again we have brits defending FIM. WTF really! It seems to me brits are defending anything that`s not american but being criticized by americans. That`s a dumbass stance.
^this x100. Hall of fame post.
Lucifa.
5/27/2015 12:40pm
I wonder what they would find if they investigated the AMA? What was that snakes name that gave RC his points back? I
P
5/27/2015 12:40pm
Who is really competing for a GP race? It's not like you can't get one if you want it. The World Cup is a different story IMO.

P
Moto810
5/27/2015 12:47pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I wonder what they would find if they investigated the AMA? What was that snakes name that gave RC his points back? I
I only know a little about that issue. As I understand both RC and CR22 both lost points. RC and Roger D. went to the FIM and the FIM gave him back his points. But did not give CR22 his points back for the same infraction on the same date. That is what gave RC the title as I understand it. I am not 100% on this but that is what I heard and I think CR22 said it.
philG
5/27/2015 12:49pm
kongols wrote:
And again we have brits defending FIM. WTF really! It seems to me brits are defending anything that`s not american but being criticized by americans. That`s...
No,I'm not, I'm just not stupid enough to think that everyone can do their own thing.
5/27/2015 12:51pm
philG wrote:
500guy wrote:
Not what I'm saying.

Excellent point
kongols
5/27/2015 12:57pm
kongols wrote:
philG wrote:
No,I'm not, I'm just not stupid enough to think that everyone can do their own thing.
AMA Nationals are doing just fine without FIM.
Moto810
5/27/2015 12:59pm
kongols wrote:
philG wrote:
kongols wrote:
Oh but the FIM still has a say. JS7 is out because of the FIM and a race series that has nothing to do with the AMA Nationals.
kongols
5/27/2015 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 1:03pm
philG wrote:
kongols wrote:
Moto810 wrote:
Oh but the FIM still has a say. JS7 is out because of the FIM and a race series that has nothing to do with the...
Oh but the FIM still has a say. JS7 is out because of the FIM and a race series that has nothing to do with the AMA Nationals.
Nevermind. Misunderstood what you wrote
Moto810
5/27/2015 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 1:05pm
Ok

Yes he failed a test at a FIM race. NOT an AMA National race.

Maybe what you do not understand is the AMA of supercross is not the AMA of Nationals. They have nothing to do with each other. The FIM has no business with the AMA nationals.
kongols
5/27/2015 1:04pm
philG wrote:
kongols wrote:
Moto810 wrote:
Oh but the FIM still has a say. JS7 is out because of the FIM and a race series that has nothing to do with the...
That`s exactly why 500guy is right.
PEPE001
5/27/2015 1:06pm
500guy wrote:
We don't need it. ZURICH (AP) -- Swiss prosecutors opened criminal proceedings into FIFA's awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, only hours after seven...
We don't need it.

ZURICH (AP) -- Swiss prosecutors opened criminal proceedings into FIFA's awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, only hours after seven soccer officials were arrested Wednesday pending extradition to the U.S. in a separate probe of "rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted" corruption.

FIFA, meanwhile, said Friday's presidential election would go ahead as planned with Sepp Blatter going for a fifth term. Blatter was not named in either investigation.

FIFA also ruled out a revote of the World Cups won by Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022.
Wondering what FIFA has to do with FIM?
Ah both in Europe at least one similarity.

philG
5/27/2015 1:08pm
kongols wrote:
philG wrote:
kongols wrote:
just play at home then, DeCoster could do with a break anyways.
Gukamonster
5/27/2015 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 1:13pm
Lucifa. wrote:
Moto810 wrote:
I only know a little about that issue. As I understand both RC and CR22 both lost points. RC and Roger D. went to the FIM...
I only know a little about that issue. As I understand both RC and CR22 both lost points. RC and Roger D. went to the FIM and the FIM gave him back his points. But did not give CR22 his points back for the same infraction on the same date. That is what gave RC the title as I understand it. I am not 100% on this but that is what I heard and I think CR22 said it.
No.... Both lost 25 points for the same thing but in different years. Reed got docked in 2004 for trace amounts of lead, RC was docked in 2005 for trace lead also. Not sure if Reed appealed the penalty, RC did and was given his points back. James Stewart and Michael Byrne got docked in the outdoors of 2005 for blatantly running fully leaded fuel.

You can thank the FIM for the stupid unleaded fuel rule as well.
kongols
5/27/2015 1:14pm
philG wrote:
kongols wrote:
philG wrote:
just play at home then, DeCoster could do with a break anyways.
You know you`re full of shit. USA will always have spot at MXDN. NO matter who runs their series and even if they kick FIM out of USA and make them swim back to Europe. Money talks, bullshit walks.
Moto810
5/27/2015 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 1:22pm
The sad thing is that if the Supercross, US Nationals, and FIM GP's could all just work together then the sport would be stronger!

I am not saying for them all to run each others racing. I am saying get into a room and work out a schedule that helps the sport and not just themselves.

Imagine Supercross runs in the winter maybe from Dec to Feb and then the GP's Run from Mar until June and the AMA outdoors run from Mid July until Oct!

Now the riders have options to run different series and thus the sport and fans enjoy the sport more.

Just an idea of how people working together could help the sport. I am sure there are many other good ideas out there other than mine.

Also 17 rounds of Supercross is to many!
5/27/2015 1:20pm
Someone tell me if this is right.

The AMA nationals use USADA as a doping agency, a subsidiary of WADA. They follow WADA's orders. Supercross is WADA. WADA gives their results to FIM, FIM makes the ruling. The ruling is then followed by any group who works under the FIM, including the AMA. We are not governed by the FIM, but under their umbrella. Just like FIFA is to MLS, BPL, Bundeliga, La Liga, Serie A

I am to assume that races like the MXdN cannot be participated in unless the country's governing body is apart of the FIM. Just like participating in the World Cup under FIFA.

MXGP is a World Championship, so they are governed by a world body (FIM).
kongols
5/27/2015 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2015 1:26pm
Someone tell me if this is right. The AMA nationals use USADA as a doping agency, a subsidiary of WADA. They follow WADA's orders. Supercross is...
Someone tell me if this is right.

The AMA nationals use USADA as a doping agency, a subsidiary of WADA. They follow WADA's orders. Supercross is WADA. WADA gives their results to FIM, FIM makes the ruling. The ruling is then followed by any group who works under the FIM, including the AMA. We are not governed by the FIM, but under their umbrella. Just like FIFA is to MLS, BPL, Bundeliga, La Liga, Serie A

I am to assume that races like the MXdN cannot be participated in unless the country's governing body is apart of the FIM. Just like participating in the World Cup under FIFA.

MXGP is a World Championship, so they are governed by a world body (FIM).
FIM has nothing to do with AMAPro and Nationals. Only connection they have is through WADA/USADA . Nationals are not under FIM umbrella.
The Rock
5/27/2015 1:34pm
Groundhog day
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
5/27/2015 2:20pm
philG wrote:
Actually, there was a clean up period I the AMA in 08-09 contemporaneous with selling off or racing.

Any time humans are involved in any institution, even ones that are supposed to exist for a collective good, there are going to be some folks who will rake advantage of that trust. No matter the nation or sport or activity.

Post a reply to: FIFA - FIM it's all the same

The Latest