Experience with Race Tech?

AKmotorider
Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 6:57am
Getting my suspension resprung and revalved. Anyone had experience with Race Tech? Couldn't find a whole lot about them with a quick Google search, but I've heard good things locally.
|
ianhendry46
4/21/2015 6:00am
I Absolutely loved my race tech and will be using them for my project bike I have going on. We all have different experiences with different companies but I have never had an issue, nor has any of my friends that use them. I believe VitalMx members get a discount as well!
newmann
4/21/2015 6:02am
They made some vintage forks work pretty damn good for this slow old guy. Quick turnaround too.
ktm300hater
4/21/2015 6:03am
They are a solid company always had good experiences with them. And they do the suspension for you fellow Alaskan Ben LaMay

The Shop

4/21/2015 6:36am
Getting my suspension resprung and revalved. Anyone had experience with Race Tech? Couldn't find a whole lot about them with a quick Google search, but I've...
Getting my suspension resprung and revalved. Anyone had experience with Race Tech? Couldn't find a whole lot about them with a quick Google search, but I've heard good things locally.
I just had my suspension done by Race Tech a few weeks ago and the difference it made was incredible. Right out of the box the bike handled incredibly better. I've also spent some time with them through a few teams and I know how hard they work to get their rider's setups where they want them. I think you would be making a great decision sending your suspension their way. If you are on the fence, pick up the phone and give them a call. They'll be more than happy to talk with you.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
4/21/2015 6:42am
I thought they gave a discount to vital members as well?
AKmotorider
4/21/2015 4:25pm
They are a solid company always had good experiences with them. And they do the suspension for you fellow Alaskan Ben LaMay
Haha, he's come back up here a few times during breaks, I took a riding class from him about a year ago.
AKmotorider
4/21/2015 4:27pm
I Absolutely loved my race tech and will be using them for my project bike I have going on. We all have different experiences with different...
I Absolutely loved my race tech and will be using them for my project bike I have going on. We all have different experiences with different companies but I have never had an issue, nor has any of my friends that use them. I believe VitalMx members get a discount as well!
How can I get this discount? Somebody said the same thing in a different forum. I'm guessing it's on parts. If that's the case, I'll just order them myself instead of having somebody else order them.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
4/21/2015 8:52pm
Thank you everyone for the kind words. We work really hard to ensure riders get the most out of their suspension.

AKmotorider, we offer a discount on Race Tech parts as well as labor done at Race Tech's HQ in Corona, CA. We do have a dealer/installer in Alaska as well that my Sales Manager has recommended. I can get that info for you if you'd rather look into them for an install if you didn't intend to do yourself or send out.

To get the discount, just mention VitalMX when ordering (via phone or email).

jmar
4/21/2015 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2015 9:01pm
Paul Thede is one of the pioneers of suspension tuning.

He's no dummy.
Sargent Rock
4/21/2015 9:45pm
A local guy did my 2014 KX 450 and it worked great. Gold valves.
holverson34
4/21/2015 9:57pm
Not meaning to hijack but I also am interested. What's the difference between the gs2 valve and type 1 valve.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
4/21/2015 10:01pm
Not meaning to hijack but I also am interested. What's the difference between the gs2 valve and type 1 valve.
Race Tech not only provides parts and service directly to our customers, but many suspension tuners also get their products from Race Tech. The G2-R valve is built as a "tuner's valve" that offers tuners more options/variances to build the setup to their liking/specs.

The Type 1 valve is what we use in house on our revalves and in our support rider's bikes. This valve is built and developed by our R&D department to be the best with their style of valving and to achieve their setup goals.

Hopefully that makes sense.
waitn4
4/21/2015 10:01pm
Who is the local guy race tech recommends?
holverson34
4/21/2015 10:11pm
Race Tech not only provides parts and service directly to our customers, but many suspension tuners also get their products from Race Tech. The G2-R valve...
Race Tech not only provides parts and service directly to our customers, but many suspension tuners also get their products from Race Tech. The G2-R valve is built as a "tuner's valve" that offers tuners more options/variances to build the setup to their liking/specs.

The Type 1 valve is what we use in house on our revalves and in our support rider's bikes. This valve is built and developed by our R&D department to be the best with their style of valving and to achieve their setup goals.

Hopefully that makes sense.
So the type 1 will be built according to your specific skill/weight, ready to be installed?
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
4/21/2015 10:15pm
So the type 1 will be built according to your specific skill/weight, ready to be installed?
All Gold Valve kits come with the parts to provide a personalized revalve, G2-R or Type 1, both are provided. They also come with an access code to our DVS (digital valving search) where you input all of your information and we give you a recommended valving setting.

If you have any questions during the install or need help fine-tuning your setting, you may contact our Tech Support department at tech@racetech.com or 951.279.6655 ext 109 and talk to Louie.

Or I am always available to help get you answers to any questions you may have. chris@racetech.com.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/21/2015 11:50pm
All Gold Valve kits come with the parts to provide a personalized revalve, G2-R or Type 1, both are provided. They also come with an access...
All Gold Valve kits come with the parts to provide a personalized revalve, G2-R or Type 1, both are provided. They also come with an access code to our DVS (digital valving search) where you input all of your information and we give you a recommended valving setting.

If you have any questions during the install or need help fine-tuning your setting, you may contact our Tech Support department at tech@racetech.com or 951.279.6655 ext 109 and talk to Louie.

Or I am always available to help get you answers to any questions you may have. chris@racetech.com.

I have done the Gold valves on several bikes and have had great success, and its not that hard if you can follow instructions. I was not sure about doing it the first time but I took my time and made sure I understood and did forks and shock. I still have a new unmolested Race tech mental edge log book. Wink

newmann
4/22/2015 6:27am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 6:28am
I sure did want a set of Race Tech piggybacks for this one but just couldn't cough up the $1500.00 for a set. The Works Performance Pro Racers I went with even at my cost were near the choking point. But between them and the Race Tech fork mods, this is one very sweet riding 79 model.

The holy grail of post vintage shocks.

JW381
4/22/2015 6:57am
I'll add to the consensus. Great company that does great work. Just on the customer service side alone, it felt as if I was dealing with an actual company that wanted to provide for their customer base. Then my suspension got back to me in pretty quick time, and the differences have been great. Love their product.

Post a reply to: Experience with Race Tech?

The Latest