Everts and Friends Charity Race 2011

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:00am
This looks like it would be a good time!

Everts and Friends Charity Race 2011

Stefan Everts, tenfold World Champion MX and currently Race Director at KTM, takes on the challenge with his colleagues from the MX1 and MX2 World Championship classes for this event exclusively.

Also on the participants list in Genk: Jeffrey Herlings, Steve Ramon, Ken De Dycker, Max Nagl, Tanel Leok, Rui Goncalves, Joël Roelants, Johan Boonen, Jeremy Van Horebeek, Marc de Reuver, Yentel Martens, Kenny Vandueren, Jake Nicholls,… and Benoit Pauwels, the famous ‘one-armed racer’..

http://www.evertsandfriends.be/

... read the full Press Release HERE

|
Ewan
6/20/2011 1:24pm
Man, we're heading over to Belgium and Holland on vacation this year, taking in the Belgian GP in Lommel along the way.

We're going to miss this by a couple of days!

I've seen footage of previous years events and it always looks cool.
6/20/2011 1:56pm
Ewan wrote:
Man, we're heading over to Belgium and Holland on vacation this year, taking in the Belgian GP in Lommel along the way. We're going to miss...
Man, we're heading over to Belgium and Holland on vacation this year, taking in the Belgian GP in Lommel along the way.

This is a great motocross event / music festival, 15 16 17 July Holland
http://www.zwartecross.nl/en/
6/20/2011 2:35pm
Ewan wrote:
Man, we're heading over to Belgium and Holland on vacation this year, taking in the Belgian GP in Lommel along the way. We're going to miss...

steedmills wrote:
Ewan
6/20/2011 3:07pm
steedmills wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not coming over until the last week of July, we're looking for accommodation around the Limburg or Brabant, purely cause it's not too far from Lommel, plus we can day trip to other dutch, Belgian and maybe German attractions?

We've got a 2 year old, so trying to find somthing that suits her too!

Any other motocross events on last week July or first week of august?

The Shop

DrSweden
6/20/2011 3:08pm
Impressive how they manage to make this fit in their already busy shedule? I remember the USGP discussion how this was the factor. I'm not saying euro riders have more heart, just that obviously something is making them want to do this?

Charity?
MXMattii
6/20/2011 3:20pm
DrSweden wrote:
Impressive how they manage to make this fit in their already busy shedule? I remember the USGP discussion how this was the factor. I'm not saying...
Impressive how they manage to make this fit in their already busy shedule? I remember the USGP discussion how this was the factor. I'm not saying euro riders have more heart, just that obviously something is making them want to do this?

Charity?
Steve Ramon rode last year almost every weekend from March till end September... German Championship, Belgian Championship, Dutch Championship, International events, This Chairty Event and the World Championship. It was something like 30-40 races.
mxactive
6/20/2011 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2011 12:46am
Ewan wrote:

steedmills wrote:
steedmills wrote:
"Zwarte Cross" it sure is a crazy festival! This year Josh Hansen will even possibly come to the "Zwarte Cross". I made this video to show you how crazy this event realy is!

6/20/2011 3:21pm
steedmills wrote:
Ewan wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not coming over until the last week of July, we're looking for accommodation around the Limburg or Brabant, purely cause it's not too far...
Unfortunately I'm not coming over until the last week of July, we're looking for accommodation around the Limburg or Brabant, purely cause it's not too far from Lommel, plus we can day trip to other dutch, Belgian and maybe German attractions?

6/20/2011 3:24pm
steedmills wrote:
Ewan wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not coming over until the last week of July, we're looking for accommodation around the Limburg or Brabant, purely cause it's not too far...

@ Ewan
The last weekend of Juli (23&24) there is a International Youth weekend included a Dealercup ( With GP riders )
in Boekel ( Brabant )(NL) The home circuit of Jeffrey Herlings.
you can find more info on : www.jointforcesprojects.com
in 1 week there will be a scedule online and more information.
jamma10
6/20/2011 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2011 3:40pm
Pretty sure Josh Hansen is riding at Zwarte Cross this year. edit.. oops sorry didnt see this posted earlier.
MXMattii
6/20/2011 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2011 3:47pm
@Ewan If you are still in Belgian at 15 August you really need to come to Belgian Championship @ the Keiheuvel. Thats a few miles away from Lommel! And If you want some hoteladress from Lommel I can fix that for you ;-) Send me your E-Mailadres and your price category!

If you are interested I will send you all the info you need!! This is besides "Kester" the biggest Belgian Championship race of the season because they always fix big names from the Championship and you only pay 25euro's!!
Ewan
6/20/2011 3:55pm
Cheers guys, need to try and find some room in the itineray.

Doc Sweden, seems to me there's a little more camaraderie between the GP pro's than in the US?

That's no criticism by the way just an observation, from being at GPs, nationals and numerous des nations trips.

Everts does this for charity and to have fun with his buds, bubba had his Texas ride day to save face with the fans for not running the nationals.....
6/20/2011 4:04pm
Ewan wrote:
Cheers guys, need to try and find some room in the itineray. Doc Sweden, seems to me there's a little more camaraderie between the GP pro's...

Doc Sweden, seems to me there's a little more camaraderie between the GP pro's than in the US?

That's no criticism by the way just an observation, from being at GPs, nationals and numerous des nations trips.

Everts does this for charity and to have fun with his buds, bubba had his Texas ride day to save face with the fans for not running the nationals.....
DrSweden
6/20/2011 7:15pm
Ewan wrote:
Cheers guys, need to try and find some room in the itineray. Doc Sweden, seems to me there's a little more camaraderie between the GP pro's...

Interesting. If that's the truth, something is creating this desire to belong or to help? Maybe there's some security/family feeling within GP community as a consequence of traveling to distant places where family, friends and culture feels more absent than maybe within the AMA Nationals?

I speculate on your speculation here! Smile
ST Anmore
6/21/2011 4:14am
I went to watch in 2010 and it's a great event!

Watching Everts racing a KTM 85 with some of the best GP riders in the world... braaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Ewan
6/21/2011 5:05am
ST Anmore wrote:
I went to watch in 2010 and it's a great event! Watching Everts racing a KTM 85 with some of the best GP riders in the...
I went to watch in 2010 and it's a great event!

Watching Everts racing a KTM 85 with some of the best GP riders in the world... braaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Yeah I remember seeing the video where big ken was ragging a wee RM85 for all it had. Remember millsaps saying that he felt like a gorilla on his CRF250, ken must have felt like king kong on the 85!

Post a reply to: Everts and Friends Charity Race 2011

The Latest