European riders dominating 3 of the 4 major classes

4 major classes. MXGP, MX2, AMA 450, & AMA 250. European riders top in 3 out of the 4 so far.
|
7/7/2016 1:50pm
Not so much SX though...I think we have caught up with the solid training programs and can focus 100% on mx this side of the pond.
7/7/2016 1:54pm
Hard to make that claim since top US riders dont exactly go over to the GP's to race, so obviously a Euro will be "dominating" those series.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/7/2016 1:56pm
Another gem from The Source

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/7/2016 1:59pm
Hard to make that claim since top US riders dont exactly go over to the GP's to race, so obviously a Euro will be "dominating" those...
Hard to make that claim since top US riders dont exactly go over to the GP's to race, so obviously a Euro will be "dominating" those series.
Man Townley and Covington really should have beaten all the Europeans. They didnt. GPs are faster. Full stop
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/7/2016 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 2:08pm
Europeans dominating in Europe

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/7/2016 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 2:20pm
Americans dominate in the Super Bowl!
JW381
7/7/2016 2:18pm
How many Americans in MXGP and MX2?

Lol

Who's the next Euro in the AMA after Roczen?

Now my lip hurts from taking this bait. It didn't even smell good Sad
Lucifa.
7/7/2016 2:24pm
Hard to make that claim since top US riders dont exactly go over to the GP's to race, so obviously a Euro will be "dominating" those...
crusty_xx wrote:
Man Townley and Covington really should have beaten all the Europeans. They didnt. GPs are faster. Full stop
BT is no longer a US rider. Actually, he's a returning Euro rider I guess......
vschaik141
7/7/2016 2:34pm
The Source wrote:
4 major classes. MXGP, MX2, AMA 450, & AMA 250. European riders top in 3 out of the 4 so far.
Next euro's will be Gajser and Ferrandis.

I'm not taking the side of the euro's but think about this. There's 3 european riders in the top 7 in the 450 class. Yet there is plenty of talent left here in the MXGPs
a22
7/7/2016 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 2:55pm
The Source wrote:
"The Source wrote:

4 major classes. MXGP, MX2, AMA 450, & AMA 250. European riders top in 3 out of the 4 so far."

Its not really saying anything at all is it?!

'Normal and expected' for Euros to be winning MXGP and MX2 considering there are hardly any Americans in it!? When there are Americans they then have to adapt, which is probably quite a task and disadvantage to start. Maybe one or 2 'Mericans in total!! Jesus... I.e pretty much the only one is Covington! When there are about 30 Euros odd, so the odds are seriously in favour of a Euro winning this anyway!

Kenny Boy(AMA 450).... well he may as well be American anyway considering how he has made it as good as his home for a good few years now and its series he wants/ chooses to ride and its hardly any shame for anyone whatsoever to be beaten by him(or Dungey come to that). Is it a hardly a surprise?!!

.... and the final missing pieces in the glorious puzzle... are there even ANY Euro riders even in the AMA 250!!? Tonus, yes, he comes to mind... Pretty hard for Euros to win the AMA 250 if there maybe only one in it (and has been injured(Tonus))!!

Last thing, pretty hard for a 'Merican to win MXGP- don't think any actually ride it!!?! How is an American then got a chance of winning if there aint anyone in it!!?? Jesus H ....

Not to sure of this threads actual point or purpose?!! It may have some weight if there were equal amount of US riders to Euros in MXGP/MX2 and the same with AMA 450/250.... BUT there isn't, other than about one or 2 in each class! Ridiculous.
downard254
7/7/2016 2:43pm
Thanks for the laugh guys. This thread was the bright spot in my shitty day
peelout
7/7/2016 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 2:48pm
25% of them are bagging sand 9-5 and picking cherries on the weekends
Motofinne
7/7/2016 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 2:57pm
a22 wrote:
"The Source wrote: 4 major classes. MXGP, MX2, AMA 450, & AMA 250. European riders top in 3 out of the 4 so far." ________________________________________ Its...
"The Source wrote:

4 major classes. MXGP, MX2, AMA 450, & AMA 250. European riders top in 3 out of the 4 so far."

Its not really saying anything at all is it?!

'Normal and expected' for Euros to be winning MXGP and MX2 considering there are hardly any Americans in it!? When there are Americans they then have to adapt, which is probably quite a task and disadvantage to start. Maybe one or 2 'Mericans in total!! Jesus... I.e pretty much the only one is Covington! When there are about 30 Euros odd, so the odds are seriously in favour of a Euro winning this anyway!

Kenny Boy(AMA 450).... well he may as well be American anyway considering how he has made it as good as his home for a good few years now and its series he wants/ chooses to ride and its hardly any shame for anyone whatsoever to be beaten by him(or Dungey come to that). Is it a hardly a surprise?!!

.... and the final missing pieces in the glorious puzzle... are there even ANY Euro riders even in the AMA 250!!? Tonus, yes, he comes to mind... Pretty hard for Euros to win the AMA 250 if there maybe only one in it (and has been injured(Tonus))!!

Last thing, pretty hard for a 'Merican to win MXGP- don't think any actually ride it!!?! How is an American then got a chance of winning if there aint anyone in it!!?? Jesus H ....

Not to sure of this threads actual point or purpose?!! It may have some weight if there were equal amount of US riders to Euros in MXGP/MX2 and the same with AMA 450/250.... BUT there isn't, other than about one or 2 in each class! Ridiculous.
What? I'm not agreeing with Source but did you just try to make Ken Roczen american? Ken Roczen is a German and will remain a German even if he lives in USA.

Will you try to make Gajser an american too in 2-4 years when he wins his first 450 title is USA?

And to the Source. You can't compare MX2 to the american national 250 series where 30 year old people can compete if they want.
a22
7/7/2016 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 3:05pm
Motofinne wrote:
What? I'm not agreeing with Source but did you just try to make Ken Roczen american? Ken Roczen is a German and will remain a German...
What? I'm not agreeing with Source but did you just try to make Ken Roczen american? Ken Roczen is a German and will remain a German even if he lives in USA.

Will you try to make Gajser an american too in 2-4 years when he wins his first 450 title is USA?

And to the Source. You can't compare MX2 to the american national 250 series where 30 year old people can compete if they want.
Ha ha... !! No I didn't 'try to make Ken American' ! As you say that would be impossible obviously!

I am merely stating that AMA/ Supercross/ America has become a sort of 'home' for Ken and it is now his adopted series and has been for a good few years now- so having become 'so well accustomed to it', it now is hardly any surprise that he maybe winning it...... Its not as though he is a Euro that is new there- 'fresh of the boat' lets say... he has been there a good few years and it would be more of a surprise for him to return to Europe to race than stay in US, which seems to be where he wants to be/ race.
jeffro503
7/7/2016 3:06pm
The Source wrote:
Wrong. First off Roczen has raced 80% of his entire pro career here in the states. He's more of an AMA guy than he ever was a GP guy when you include all the national and SX series he has done.

We only have one kid from the USA racing the GP's....which by the way came strait out of the armature ranks and has podiumed. There are no American's racing the MXGP class.

Try again you fucking clueless retard.
mark_swart
7/7/2016 3:06pm
What are you even talking about, Roczen's from Florida lol!
a22
7/7/2016 3:10pm
The Source wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Wrong. First off Roczen has raced 80% of his entire pro career here in the states. He's more of an AMA guy than he ever was...
Wrong. First off Roczen has raced 80% of his entire pro career here in the states. He's more of an AMA guy than he ever was a GP guy when you include all the national and SX series he has done.

We only have one kid from the USA racing the GP's....which by the way came strait out of the armature ranks and has podiumed. There are no American's racing the MXGP class.

Exactly ^^- thats the point I am trying to make bout Kenny 'adopting' his career to the States, he is an AMA guy already (although being a Euro).

Not literally trying to make Ken a 'Merican !!
Motofinne
7/7/2016 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 3:15pm
The Source wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Wrong. First off Roczen has raced 80% of his entire pro career here in the states. He's more of an AMA guy than he ever was...

jeffro i think you have a lot of good points and good posts in these forums but this is not one.

Ken Roczen is suddenly 80% american/ama?

Thomas Covington is somehow an European? Which country? Belgium i assume?
a22
7/7/2016 3:14pm
The Source wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
jeffro i think you have a lot of good points and good posts in these forums but this is not one. Ken Roczen is suddenly 80%...
jeffro i think you have a lot of good points and good posts in these forums but this is not one.

Don't think Jeffro or myself are saying Kenny is American or 80% American!
Jeffro clearly says that Kenny has raced 80% in the States, not that Kenny is 80% American?! Same as I am not saying he is American, think we are merely referring to how strongly Ken has become an AMA guy.
Motofinne
7/7/2016 3:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
jeffro i think you have a lot of good points and good posts in these forums but this is not one. Ken Roczen is suddenly 80%...

a22 wrote:
Don't think Jeffro or myself are saying Kenny is American or 80% American! Jeffro clearly says that Kenny [b]has raced 80% in the States[/b], not that...
Jeffro clearly says that Kenny has raced 80% in the States, not that Kenny is 80% American?! Same as I am not saying he is American, think we are merely referring to how strongly Ken has become an AMA guy.
So what Roczen did from age 3-17 is not accountable?

What i'm trying to say is that Roczen isn't an "ama guy" nor an "gp guy". Roczen is probably the most versatile MX/SX rider that we have seen for decades.

And he is 100% German.
7/7/2016 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 3:22pm
a22 wrote:
Don't think Jeffro or myself are saying Kenny is American or 80% American! Jeffro clearly says that Kenny [b]has raced 80% in the States[/b], not that...
How about Pourcel ? he spend some years in the USA , first in 250 and now 450 and still racing AMA ...and How many years is Musquin racing in the USA ? didnt marvin go to the states a year before Ken ? so basically they all are 80% american ? ...lol
slipdog
7/7/2016 3:22pm
Roczen is not an American, period. He's a Euro looking down the barrel of his 2nd US 450 title.

Post a reply to: European riders dominating 3 of the 4 major classes

The Latest