Erzberg 2015 live!

edub
Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 9:40am
Guys should watch Erzberg with new very tough part of the race track. The best Extreme Enduro riders can only carry and pull their bikes

Watch Live

|
jimmie
6/7/2015 6:17am
Every INCH of that course is "absolutely brutal".

Very cool to spectate but, never ever any desire to compete in such an event!Blink
UnsureDizzyWink

Badass and hardcore to the end.
Pembroke36
6/7/2015 6:19am
Looks like nobody will finish. They said that is a first.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/7/2015 7:35am
Who was that guy who finished in 6th? Did he make that stupid section all on his own?
6/7/2015 11:06am
crusty_xx wrote:
Who was that guy who finished in 6th? Did he make that stupid section all on his own?
It was Spaniard Mario Roman and he was 5th. Wade Young was disqualified for missing a checkpoint. He didn't made it by himself. Not sure if it was a regular rider who helped him up that hill. If not he might be disqualified as well.
6/7/2015 12:41pm
Technically all of the finishers should have been disqualified, as they alle received outside help in that horrible section, even though it was in the no help zone.
That race was gnarly
6/7/2015 1:44pm
This Erzberg was one of the best races I've ever watched. Classy finish for the top riders.
6/7/2015 2:01pm

Five riders from multiple teams took the high road and chose group achievement over individual accomplishment. You have to watch the race to see how this all unfolded. Gomez made it sound like some of the team managers were not pleased. Fuck the team managers. This is how life should be done.

Can't wait to rewatch the race later.

GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
6/7/2015 2:24pm
Technically all of the finishers should have been disqualified, as they alle received outside help in that horrible section, even though it was in the no...
Technically all of the finishers should have been disqualified, as they alle received outside help in that horrible section, even though it was in the no help zone.
That race was gnarly
Uh noooo, they didn't recive any outside help! I watched the entire thing. The Southe African kid got disqualified because he missed a check point, but the other 4 didn't break any rules. They all kept their helmets on & helped eachother. At a certain point of the race a rider cannot recive any outside help, but can only be helped by other riders. They all showed alot of class by helping eachother & mailing it in to the checkers together.

Claude has disqualified Jarvis 2 years in a row for missing a check point even though he crossed the line first. If they broke any rules, he wouldve disqualified them all. He isnt scared to do it.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
6/7/2015 4:24pm
What a f-up when they went to talk to the course designer, and he only speaks very broken English and was very nonchalant.

It almost seemed like the course designer made it impossible as a big f-you to the riders complaining last year was to easy.
endurox
6/7/2015 5:22pm
Johnny Walker made the course look easy last year so they went the other way with the course this year. Nice that they gave the win to all the top 4. The riders could have easily embarrashed the crazy Austrian and his sick humor. These top extreme riders are at a whole new fitness level. 5 years or so McGrath said it was the hardest thing he ever did. Those giant hillclimbs were awsome.
JM485
6/7/2015 6:15pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/07/93877/s1200_Screenshot_20.jpg[/img] Five riders from multiple teams took the high road and chose group achievement over individual accomplishment. You have to watch the race to see how...

Five riders from multiple teams took the high road and chose group achievement over individual accomplishment. You have to watch the race to see how this all unfolded. Gomez made it sound like some of the team managers were not pleased. Fuck the team managers. This is how life should be done.

Can't wait to rewatch the race later.

I haven't made it that far in, but that's fricken awesome! That to me is exactly what off-road is all about, everyone might be a competitor but in the end they are also a friend out there, and if the teams can't deal with that then screw them. Good for the riders for doing what they did, that shows a lot of sportsmanship as well as sets showcases the sport in a very positive way.
6/7/2015 7:01pm
Yeah, though I was really bummed about Wade Young.. but the rules are the rules and Walker got DQ'ed two years in a row.

Pembroke36
6/7/2015 7:09pm
I tuned in this morning right when they entered that section. It was a great thing to see them all cruising together after they made it through, riding some wheelies, waiving to the cameras. If they didn't do what they did, they would all still be at the bottom of the hill, to hell with the team managers on this one.
6/9/2015 6:10am
Epic Erzberg. Romaniacs is usually my favorite Hard Enduro but this was pretty awesome. And totally cool to see them all helping each other thru "Downtown". When Grimbo and Jonny can't make it thru it you know it is impossible.

There was no need for the top top 4 to be disqualified. You CAN take your helmet off when off the bike...which Jonny did. You cannot while on the bike which is why Letti's son was disqualified. Wade Young simply missed a checkpoint, something Jarvis knows all too well.

I'm a big Andreas Lettenbichler fan so stoked he got a share of first, finally!! He signed a track marshall's orange vest for me from Hell's Gate 2013. Now THAT is a cool collectible!
IWreckALot
6/9/2015 8:30am
That was simply a bad decision to put that section in the race. I guess that's part of pushing the limits though is finding what is possible and what isn't.

That course is so cool to watch but I'd want no part of watching it. All 3 of those guys helping each other up the hill was pretty cool to watch.
mac3-d
6/10/2015 4:52am
They should keep that section in next year, but as in MotoGP when it rains they can change bikes , so why not have a Trials bike waiting for them at this section to see if it really can be completed ?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
6/10/2015 6:13am
Tell you the truth, I really really want to give that race a try now. Even if I just make it a couple feet into Carl's Dinner before the 4hr mark I would love to try.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/10/2015 6:18am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Tell you the truth, I really really want to give that race a try now. Even if I just make it a couple feet into Carl's...
Tell you the truth, I really really want to give that race a try now. Even if I just make it a couple feet into Carl's Dinner before the 4hr mark I would love to try.
You can sign up and rent a bike there.
BAMX
6/10/2015 9:40am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Tell you the truth, I really really want to give that race a try now. Even if I just make it a couple feet into Carl's...
crusty_xx wrote:
You can sign up and rent a bike there.
Or, you could try one of the U.S. versions like Last Dog Standing or Tennessee Knockout. I have done the Last Dog for the past few years and it is tough. The main thing is the heat and the fact that those sections are 10X harder when you are tired.

Post a reply to: Erzberg 2015 live!

The Latest