Eric Sorby

Rudeboy119
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:08am
Ok, so I got sucked into watching Bubbas World. Its ok, mildly entertaining but I enjoy the show. What I cant get past is WTF is Sorby doing?!?!? I know he's paid to ride with James and all, but it just seems sad and somewhat pathetic. The skit where he was auditioning assistants for James I had to fast forward through parts of it because I was just too damn embarresed for him. Came across as the creepy, gropey, french perv. Then in another episode jumping on the trampoline trying to get James's new and REAL assistant to play with him?!?!?! She wants no parts of it and keeps driving in the mule. I know James is proboly kicking him more then we all make annually to ride-on-demand, but the situation just seems sad to me
|
huck
6/3/2010 6:55am
Rudeboy119 wrote:
Ok, so I got sucked into watching Bubbas World. Its ok, mildly entertaining but I enjoy the show. What I cant get past is WTF is...
Ok, so I got sucked into watching Bubbas World. Its ok, mildly entertaining but I enjoy the show. What I cant get past is WTF is Sorby doing?!?!? I know he's paid to ride with James and all, but it just seems sad and somewhat pathetic. The skit where he was auditioning assistants for James I had to fast forward through parts of it because I was just too damn embarresed for him. Came across as the creepy, gropey, french perv. Then in another episode jumping on the trampoline trying to get James's new and REAL assistant to play with him?!?!?! She wants no parts of it and keeps driving in the mule. I know James is proboly kicking him more then we all make annually to ride-on-demand, but the situation just seems sad to me
Welcome to "reality" TV.

Do you honestly think that 99% of that BS isn't scripted?

Crush
6/3/2010 7:15am
The question is tho, who is it scripted by and for!!??!

Morons for 2 year olds!!??!

I am sure James coulda done some more interesting shit by himself!
Outsider
6/3/2010 7:32am
Dude, they might as well be holding index cards. The real housewives of OC is more believable (yes, I've had to watch it, lol)

I'm actually embarrassed for James, I hope season two is a real show and not acting class.
pie8man
6/3/2010 7:59am
Doesn't everyone have a token white guy to play with in the yard Wink ~

I know... It's tasteless. Funny.. but tasteless.

I too hope that season 2 will be more real than reality. Per James in his interview that can be seen on the homepage of this very site. Season 2 will be about the comeback from the injury.

The Shop

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
6/3/2010 8:04am
Outsider wrote:
Dude, they might as well be holding index cards. The real housewives of OC is more believable (yes, I've had to watch it, lol) I'm actually...
Dude, they might as well be holding index cards. The real housewives of OC is more believable (yes, I've had to watch it, lol)

I'm actually embarrassed for James, I hope season two is a real show and not acting class.
good god, why should there be a season 2???
chrisbuehler
6/3/2010 8:41am
Outsider wrote:
Dude, they might as well be holding index cards. The real housewives of OC is more believable (yes, I've had to watch it, lol) I'm actually...

I honestly think James is delutional enough to think this "reality" tv bs is upping his profile. Know how to up your profile James? Go out and stomp the Nationals. You're a racer not an actor, jeez!
PaleBlue
6/3/2010 8:57am
Outsider wrote:

I honestly think James is delutional enough to think this "reality" tv bs is upping his profile. Know how to up your profile James? Go out...
I honestly think James is delutional enough to think this "reality" tv bs is upping his profile. Know how to up your profile James? Go out and stomp the Nationals. You're a racer not an actor, jeez!
On current form, he is neither..............
chrisbuehler
6/3/2010 9:04am
I honestly think James is delutional enough to think this "reality" tv bs is upping his profile. Know how to up your profile James? Go out...
PaleBlue wrote:
On current form, he is neither..............
Yes,you are correct sir!
Outsider
6/3/2010 9:08am
In a recent interview, James says the next one will be more like "The Moto" and focus on his racing... not sure what racing they're talking about, but, that would be interesting, if they did.
PaleBlue
6/3/2010 9:14am
I would like to see him back racing soon (with or without the cameras), but I sense that he is sick of being injured and maybe he won't return. I hope I am wrong.
GHOPPER
6/3/2010 9:45am
I must be the only one who likes it. I also think Sorby is funny. I tvo it, then watch it when there is nothing good on.
mxracer32
6/3/2010 9:49am
james isnt racing, and hasnt been racing in a while and yet we are all talking about him. i say from james' side of things, mission f-ing accomplished.
motokid40
6/3/2010 9:58am
Sorby was a dirty racer anyway, I never did like him.
bobby397
6/3/2010 9:58am
they are do a season 2? good god why? im not a fan of the alessi's, but i would much rather see their real life drama than watch the stewarts try acting
noob
6/3/2010 10:09am
Crush wrote:
The question is tho, who is it scripted by and for!!??! Morons for 2 year olds!!??! I am sure James coulda done some more interesting shit...
The question is tho, who is it scripted by and for!!??!

Morons for 2 year olds!!??!

I am sure James coulda done some more interesting shit by himself!
The writing is terrible. I don't understand why they chose to portray him as lazy and annoyed with his life.

Pastrana has just enough charisma to pull off a Jackass-type show. It was a perfect match. Stewart has a decent amount of charisma on the podium, but not enough to carry a show. Why the fuck are they focusing on his personality anyways? Maybe second season will be bearable...
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
6/3/2010 10:19am
It is a 'set up skit reality show" enjoy it for what it is.

I like the show, but, I'm not trying to make it something it is not.

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
6/3/2010 11:32am
I watched it once.
CKrider45
6/3/2010 11:37am
I'm sure that IF James actually read any of this thread, he'd be rolling on the floor laughing... and when I say floor, I mean his highly polished travertine floor inside his 5 million dollar house.

Sign me up for 3 SX races, shitty acting and a boat load of cash. I'll call that a good year. Sorry boys, James figured out how REAL business is done.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
6/3/2010 11:40am
CKrider45 wrote:
I'm sure that IF James actually read any of this thread, he'd be rolling on the floor laughing... and when I say floor, I mean his...
I'm sure that IF James actually read any of this thread, he'd be rolling on the floor laughing... and when I say floor, I mean his highly polished travertine floor inside his 5 million dollar house.

Sign me up for 3 SX races, shitty acting and a boat load of cash. I'll call that a good year. Sorry boys, James figured out how REAL business is done.
But what happens when no one watches his show and he stops racing?
rallendude
6/3/2010 11:42am
My 10 year old likes to watch anything moto, including Bubba's World. I have to watch it with him some to be sure it's suitable.

What the heck is Sorby doing with James anyway? I NEVER would have pictured the two of them as palls. If he's looking for a riding partner, shouldn't it be someone who trains and is in shape and could maybe run a moto without getting lapped?

I've only seen a few of the episodes but those few haven't helped my image of James.

Anyone else notice in the interview referenced above that James mentioned his racing nationals again next year?
CKrider45
6/3/2010 11:43am
He sells his 5 million dollar house, a couple Lambos and buys a 2 million dollar house.

Then puts a few mil in the bank, and makes more than what most people make per year on interest alone.

Thats what happens when the world turns on James. It aint gonna hurt him. haha
CKrider45
6/3/2010 11:46am
rallendude wrote:
My 10 year old likes to watch anything moto, including Bubba's World. I have to watch it with him some to be sure it's suitable. What...
My 10 year old likes to watch anything moto, including Bubba's World. I have to watch it with him some to be sure it's suitable.

What the heck is Sorby doing with James anyway? I NEVER would have pictured the two of them as palls. If he's looking for a riding partner, shouldn't it be someone who trains and is in shape and could maybe run a moto without getting lapped?

I've only seen a few of the episodes but those few haven't helped my image of James.

Anyone else notice in the interview referenced above that James mentioned his racing nationals again next year?
Sorby can get gnarly on a motorcycle. He's good to ride with James.. he knows he's done, so hes not competing with James, but he has the balls to run james high in a turn on his SX track. It's probably a good deal for both of em'.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
6/3/2010 11:47am
CKrider45 wrote:
He sells his 5 million dollar house, a couple Lambos and buys a 2 million dollar house. Then puts a few mil in the bank, and...
He sells his 5 million dollar house, a couple Lambos and buys a 2 million dollar house.

Then puts a few mil in the bank, and makes more than what most people make per year on interest alone.

Your math scares me
CKrider45
6/3/2010 11:52am
Your math scares me
I switched my degree to avoid math. I'm also not too good at motocross. So I'm not sure about annual interest rates. I've also never gone fast enough on my bike to buy a house. A multi million dollar house at that. So yeah, my math miiiiight be wrong. haha
hillbilly
6/3/2010 12:01pm
OT,
did you all know the french invented or built the 1st tank?

it had one forward gear and 13 reverse.
sxf138
6/3/2010 12:10pm
thats a lot of money being thrown around!
BLAHBLAH
6/3/2010 12:34pm
Sorby is money not despite being a creepy french guy but because he is a creepy french guy...

The only reason this thread is this long is because the majority of people who post on vital watch the series. Is it a hard core moto show? Obviously not, it is probably the furthest from it. However it is a moderately entertaining show with some moto in it. Myself, like everyone else hear probably has the series recording on the DVR and when nothing else is on the tube watches it for some mind numbing entertainment.

There is no discussion here... If you like it, watch it; If you don't, dont.
Outsider
6/3/2010 12:48pm
CKrider45 wrote:
He sells his 5 million dollar house, a couple Lambos and buys a 2 million dollar house. Then puts a few mil in the bank, and...

That is so inspiring!

Hollywood will probably make a movie about this feel good story of the century!

Dipshiet
CKrider45
6/3/2010 1:19pm
Outsider wrote:
That is so inspiring!

Hollywood will probably make a movie about this feel good story of the century!

Dipshiet
I'm not sure if you're being a dick or trying to be funny?

Post a reply to: Eric Sorby

The Latest