Enough with the "Can't thank enough"

Savage925
Edited Date/Time 6/13/2015 7:53pm
Here is a little help for the riders on the podium that have seem to fallen into the rut of not physically being able to thank the sponsor "I Can't thank all the guys at..." or the other extreme, and unfortunately ran out of time and "Can't thank X-Sponsor enough" Since all of the guys on the podium are way faster than myself, and I will never be on the podium, here are a few other phrases that you can use. And if you are on the box every week...Yes, you actually can thank them enough.

Optional Thank Phrases for Podium Use:

I would like to thank...(this phrase alone solves most of the issues stated above, if you need more continue reading below)

Thanks to all of the crew at...
Much thanks to...
I would like to take a moment to thank...
Give thanks to...
Shout out to...
I am grateful for...

Fortunately I have a lot of talented people behind the scenes...

X and X have been Vital to the team...

I would like to tip my Flat Brim to all of the fine people at...

Helmets off to my sponsors...

Thanks for paying my bills and contributing to my 401K...

What else?

|
philG
6/9/2015 12:22am
Just watch Marvin Musquin.... and do it like that.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
6/9/2015 12:25am
Just leave religion out of it. I can't wait for some Devil worshipper to podium and thank The Man Below Satan my dark lord for helping me lay waste to the rest of the field. Or how about a muslim winner who thanks allah and screams "I want a Clark bar I want a Clark bar, aye aye aye aye ya ya death to the infidels"
worcsracer808
6/9/2015 12:42am
sumdood wrote:
Just leave religion out of it. I can't wait for some Devil worshipper to podium and thank The Man Below Satan my dark lord for helping...
Just leave religion out of it. I can't wait for some Devil worshipper to podium and thank The Man Below Satan my dark lord for helping me lay waste to the rest of the field. Or how about a muslim winner who thanks allah and screams "I want a Clark bar I want a Clark bar, aye aye aye aye ya ya death to the infidels"
Justin345
6/9/2015 4:20am
But their grammar would also be incorrect if they said "Vital" and "Flat Brim" with capital letters like you suggested. These guys are motocross racers, not english majors. Who cares if the sentence structure is off. Sponsors give them $, they give a speech and we hear the sponsors name. If it bothers you that much, DVR it and fast forward through the podium interview.

I love Marvin's interviews - long winded and he actually says relevant things.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
6/9/2015 4:26am
I'd like to hear them say "I can't thank anyone because it was pretty much all me."
IWreckALot
6/9/2015 4:54am
sumdood wrote:
Just leave religion out of it. I can't wait for some Devil worshipper to podium and thank The Man Below Satan my dark lord for helping...
Wow. It always amazes me at what some people get their panties in a wad about. . . It's maybe 5 words in a podium interview that just cuts straight to the core and you can't get past.

I would like to hear a rider start quoting scripture on the podium just to watch people like you have a melt down.
Tpog496
6/9/2015 5:56am
IWreckALot wrote:
Wow. It always amazes me at what some people get their panties in a wad about. . . It's maybe 5 words in a podium interview...
Wow. It always amazes me at what some people get their panties in a wad about. . . It's maybe 5 words in a podium interview that just cuts straight to the core and you can't get past.

I would like to hear a rider start quoting scripture on the podium just to watch people like you have a melt down.
lol X2
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/9/2015 6:00am
And today in First World Problems, we can't thank enough the people who can't thank...
MR. X
6/9/2015 6:03am
I usually fast forward through the podium speeches to get back to the racing faster. I guess some people watch the race to criticize how other people speek.
montesagold
6/9/2015 6:03am
I know its seems like a small gripe. I wished they would either throw the speach out the window and talk straight from their brains or if they feel like a more structured aproach, put a little effort into sounding a bit more professional. some of the guys do a good job, others are a bit painful to watch.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
6/9/2015 6:11am
sumdood wrote:
Umm have you ever meet a Muslim?
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
6/9/2015 6:12am
Savage925 wrote:
Here is a little help for the riders on the podium that have seem to fallen into the rut of not physically being able to thank...
Here is a little help for the riders on the podium that have seem to fallen into the rut of not physically being able to thank the sponsor "I Can't thank all the guys at..." or the other extreme, and unfortunately ran out of time and "Can't thank X-Sponsor enough" Since all of the guys on the podium are way faster than myself, and I will never be on the podium, here are a few other phrases that you can use. And if you are on the box every week...Yes, you actually can thank them enough.

Optional Thank Phrases for Podium Use:

I would like to thank...(this phrase alone solves most of the issues stated above, if you need more continue reading below)

Thanks to all of the crew at...
Much thanks to...
I would like to take a moment to thank...
Give thanks to...
Shout out to...
I am grateful for...

Fortunately I have a lot of talented people behind the scenes...

X and X have been Vital to the team...

I would like to tip my Flat Brim to all of the fine people at...

Helmets off to my sponsors...

Thanks for paying my bills and contributing to my 401K...

What else?

"X and X have been Vital to the team..."
I see what you did there, Wink
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
6/9/2015 6:15am
Could anyone explain why someone and a lot of folks in the mx industry say this... "Yeah. No"

Mike you were really pushing those last two laps for the podium spot. " Yeah, no it was good, been putting in work and its paying off"

I don't get it.
kkawboy14
6/9/2015 6:53am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2015 6:55am
Dude if you were behind me I feel bad for you, these dunlops were crankin out some serious roost and got me a killer holeshot!

When I came around and was passin all those lappers my Oakley air brakes worked flawlessly.

If you have time checkout my go pro video from the first moto, they uploaded it at vitalmx, it showed the 2 chicks fighting in turn 1

Also if you have time this week a couple of us will be on pulpmx.

Thx for spending your Saturday with us!
Frodad78
6/9/2015 6:54am
I can't thank you for starting this thread again...
Roostermx58
6/9/2015 7:18am
IWreckALot wrote:
Wow. It always amazes me at what some people get their panties in a wad about. . . It's maybe 5 words in a podium interview...

Tpog496 wrote:
lol X2
X3
RbR
6/9/2015 7:20am
Markee wrote:
Could anyone explain why someone and a lot of folks in the mx industry say this... "Yeah. No" Mike you were really pushing those last two...
Could anyone explain why someone and a lot of folks in the mx industry say this... "Yeah. No"

Mike you were really pushing those last two laps for the podium spot. " Yeah, no it was good, been putting in work and its paying off"

I don't get it.
LOL ... I was pointing the "yeah, no" responses out to the GF a few weeks ago.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
6/9/2015 7:56am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2015 8:00am
I can't thank you enough for posting this thread.

You guys think it's bad that MX riders say it, but it's really annoying when several companies/corporations use it. Because I see it used a lot in press releases/statements.
Savage925
6/9/2015 8:00am
Please enlighten us with a few of your own.
Savage925
6/9/2015 8:05am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Dude if you were behind me I feel bad for you, these dunlops were crankin out some serious roost and got me a killer holeshot! When...
Dude if you were behind me I feel bad for you, these dunlops were crankin out some serious roost and got me a killer holeshot!

When I came around and was passin all those lappers my Oakley air brakes worked flawlessly.

If you have time checkout my go pro video from the first moto, they uploaded it at vitalmx, it showed the 2 chicks fighting in turn 1

Also if you have time this week a couple of us will be on pulpmx.

Thx for spending your Saturday with us!
Nice work!
h&m_cycle
6/9/2015 8:19am
Markee wrote:
Could anyone explain why someone and a lot of folks in the mx industry say this... "Yeah. No" Mike you were really pushing those last two...

I don't get it.
I would say most of the riders opted out of Public Speaking Syllabus during their College years...
sclark309d
Fantasy
2061st
6/9/2015 8:24am
philG wrote:
Just watch Marvin Musquin.... and do it like that.
They just need to ask WWMD (What Would Marvin Do?) and do that
sclark309d
Fantasy
2061st
6/9/2015 8:26am
Yeah-no - I am super pumped about this thread. Now I'm gonna regroup...
abn166
6/9/2015 8:32am
Yeah no, I totally agree with what you are saying. It is so annoying to hear the riders say, I can't thank so and so, blah, blah, blah. So, yeah no, I can't thank you for starting this post
Hut
6/9/2015 8:33am
Yeah, no butta'.....
6/9/2015 8:41am
1. Ignore Georgia's question

2. Grab the mic from her

3. In a rock star voice say "thank you Tennesseeeeeeee!!!!"

4. Mean mug Deegan style into the camera

5. Drop mic and walk away
hvaughn88
6/9/2015 8:43am
Markee wrote:

I don't get it.
h&m_cycle wrote:
I would say most of the riders opted out of Public Speaking Syllabus during their College years...
Haha, college.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
6/9/2015 8:45am
IWreckALot wrote:

Tpog496 wrote:
lol X2
X3
X4.
SKlein
6/9/2015 8:45am
Hut wrote:
Yeah, no butta'.....
No, yeah for sure.

Post a reply to: Enough with the "Can't thank enough"

The Latest