Emig's quote of the day

ford832
Edited Date/Time 7/7/2013 2:43pm
Sorry,not direct,maybe someone could help with a clip.
Something to the effect that RV rides at the level he does because he came up riding only fourstrokes and therefore sees lines and rides differently from others.
Fwiw,I like 4t's as well but just thought that comment was dumbass-even for him.
|
bd
7/6/2013 2:51pm
You think Emig's job is easy....... an analyst calling the event live with no edits????

Holy Fuck....... have you done it? Love the fucking critics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scooter5002
7/6/2013 2:52pm
I heard it as "has a new style because of the 4-stroke", which I've seen other people comment on as well. Rides the rear of the bike more. What I took from it, anyway. Not saying you're wrong.
ford832
7/6/2013 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 2:55pm
So it's so difficult he's justified in pulling stupid crap out of his arse? I understand.
I understand riding a 4t is different but can't honestly see anyone at that level possibly being hampered by riding a 2t when they're young.
bd
7/6/2013 2:58pm
ford832 wrote:
So it's so difficult he's justified in pulling stupid crap out of his arse? I understand. I understand riding a 4t is different but can't honestly...
So it's so difficult he's justified in pulling stupid crap out of his arse? I understand.
I understand riding a 4t is different but can't honestly see anyone at that level possibly being hampered by riding a 2t when they're young.
How many brilliant comments did he say? How much has he improved? Lets remember, our analysts did not finish college and get an advanced degree like Steve Young analyzing for the NFL. Yes... he has his moments, considering where he started, Emig is fine.

The Shop

Grizz
7/6/2013 3:00pm
Emig was just commenting that Villopoto is among the first generation to only ride four strokes.

The fact that he rides so far back doesn't have anything to do with it. Typically you have to steer a two stroke from the rear, not a four stroke.
throttle77
7/6/2013 3:02pm
I heard Emig talk about RV riding at a lower RPM, which affects the suspension action, etc.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/6/2013 3:02pm
Good one. Emit always has a unique comment. I remember him mentioning that RV doesn't rev the bike as much, but I didn't catch the whole answer.
ford832
7/6/2013 3:05pm
People blatt about Emig,Sheheen,RC, and whoever all the time.I don't.I think they all do a good job of calling it and enjoy the back and forth -and the mistakes as well.
This,to me,is different.I stand by what I said-making ridiculous sh!t up that simply isn't true just for the sake of filing dead air or putting in a backhanded plug for the company that pays you is B.S.-and has nothing whatever to do with his commentating abilities or lack thereof.
7/6/2013 3:17pm
ford832 wrote:
So it's so difficult he's justified in pulling stupid crap out of his arse? I understand. I understand riding a 4t is different but can't honestly...
bd wrote:
How many brilliant comments did he say? How much has he improved? Lets remember, our analysts did not finish college and get an advanced degree like...
How many brilliant comments did he say? How much has he improved? Lets remember, our analysts did not finish college and get an advanced degree like Steve Young analyzing for the NFL. Yes... he has his moments, considering where he started, Emig is fine.
I used to think your way regarding college etc, but I am now sure that people doing college or MBA are not better intellectually, they just worked more at school, especially in maths, and paid to get a degree that is specialized in something to enter a market. If you ask them to do concrete or creative stuffs you may be very surprised.

You could not believe how stupid most MBA graduates are, it is often better to stay open minded and with no complex regarding anybody.

Back to Emig, as 99% here would say, he is great!
rcm406
7/6/2013 3:18pm
He did adapt to the 4 stroke really well. He used to get his butt handed to him by Alessi when they were on 2 strokes. I always thought that 4 strokes hindered James career. He basically went from a 125 2 stroke to a 450 4 stroke
bd
7/6/2013 3:18pm
burn1986 wrote:
Good one. Emit always has a unique comment. I remember him mentioning that RV doesn't rev the bike as much, but I didn't catch the whole...
Good one. Emit always has a unique comment. I remember him mentioning that RV doesn't rev the bike as much, but I didn't catch the whole answer.
Listen to RV Southwick 1 Lap Go Pro.
YZ125H1
7/6/2013 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 3:28pm
ford832 wrote:
Sorry,not direct,maybe someone could help with a clip. Something to the effect that RV rides at the level he does because he came up riding only...
Sorry,not direct,maybe someone could help with a clip.
Something to the effect that RV rides at the level he does because he came up riding only fourstrokes and therefore sees lines and rides differently from others.
Fwiw,I like 4t's as well but just thought that comment was dumbass-even for him.
Emig is basically saying that RV is pioneering a new technique for riding 4 strokes. He is riding them like a 2 stroke in a sense. Using the power of the bike to slide the back around in the corners which i have not seen many people do consistently. It was really noticeable at Southwick he was cutting to the inside line by sliding the rear and still passing people who ran wide.

RV2's motor is set up for mostly low to mid power just like the Kawis from the 90's to early 00's. Classic Kawi IMO.
bd
7/6/2013 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 3:38pm
ford832 wrote:
bd wrote:
How many brilliant comments did he say? How much has he improved? Lets remember, our analysts did not finish college and get an advanced degree like...
I used to think your way regarding college etc, but I am now sure that people doing college or MBA are not better intellectually, they just...
I used to think your way regarding college etc, but I am now sure that people doing college or MBA are not better intellectually, they just worked more at school, especially in maths, and paid to get a degree that is specialized in something to enter a market. If you ask them to do concrete or creative stuffs you may be very surprised.

You could not believe how stupid most MBA graduates are, it is often better to stay open minded and with no complex regarding anybody.

Well.... I am one those MBAs.

I look at IQ differently. For example, RV's IQ in motocross is off the charts. However, coprorate finance, probably low. In my opinion, the Top 7 in 450 Motocross have very high motocross IQs. What's seperating RV and RD from the rest either EQ (emotional quotient) or BQ (body quotient). From a football example: Ryan Lief and Payton Manning.... high QB IQ, differ greatly in EQ. Both EQ and BQ can be improved with work.

MBAs, JDs, Engineers..... the danger for all of us is boxes. There is no box (do need think outside the box), we create the box. Hence, we are all (all people) brilliant with infinite possibilites.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/keldjensen/2012/04/12/intelligence-is-overr…
ford832
7/6/2013 3:44pm
Soooooo...if I understand you correctly,you're saying you think Brady should be Tebow's back-up?Laughing
bd
7/6/2013 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 3:50pm
ford832 wrote:
Soooooo...if I understand you correctly,you're saying you think Brady should be Tebow's back-up?Laughing
Where did you get from my post that Tebow has a higher QB IQ and/or EQ than Brady?

Tebow's QB IQ is lower than many QBs in the NFL. However, he has a high EQ. You do not beat the Steelers in the playoffs by luck. Why wasnt Jeff George an elite QB? His QB IQ was off the charts.....

Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers (Go Pack Go!) have the highest QB IQ and EQ, and MQ in the game.....bar none.
ford832
7/6/2013 4:00pm
Soooooooo....what you're saying is that the Lions and Stafford are taking the Superbowl this year?Sweet.It's about damn time.Go Lions Go!Cool
bd
7/6/2013 4:06pm
ford832 wrote:
Soooooooo....what you're saying is that the Lions and Stafford are taking the Superbowl this year?Sweet.It's about damn time.Go Lions Go!Cool
Stafford's QB IQ is off the charts.... he is a baller. Lions will be in the mix next year..... a sleeper with a lot of talent. I think the Lions will finish second to the Pack..... you make into the dance, you have a chance. You are a Lions fan?
ford832
7/6/2013 4:10pm
Yeah,for a long time-though until recent years when someone asked who my team was I sort of had to put my hand over my mouth and mumble it.Smile
ford832
7/6/2013 4:26pm
Not me,I worked on the track and cleared trail today in temps of the high high 80's and high humidity(hot for me-and around here)
I recorded the race and planned on riding tomorrow-now I think I'm too wiped from today.SadLaughing
bullpen658
7/6/2013 4:30pm
I heard the quote and the first thing I thought was "what happened to the first 12 years of RV's motocross racing career when he was on two stroke 50cc, 65cc, and 85cc bikes? It's not like his first bike was a KX250F and he learned how to shift on the thing.
Xeno
7/6/2013 4:31pm
Emig was spot-on. RV has developed a new way to ride the motorcycle. His technique is different from everybody else.

Do you people even watch the race?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/6/2013 4:44pm
That remark did not bother me so much, he may be right.

What I chuckled at was when he could not understand why Dungey did not latch onto the rear of RV as he made his way to the front. I am sure if Dungey had the speed to latch onto RV's tail he would have been right on it.....easier said then done Fro. Maybe he should have latched onto MC's tail a little more often during his career
7/6/2013 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 4:59pm
ford832 wrote:
bd wrote:
I used to think your way regarding college etc, but I am now sure that people doing college or MBA are not better intellectually, they just...

I just have to flat out disagree with this post. I don't know what sort of people you know with an MBA but to generalize by saying that "most MBA graduates" are dumb goes contrary to your comment: "it is often better to stay open minded and with no complex regarding anybody."

I have an MBA from a top Ivy League school and I also have a Juris Doctor from a top law school. The entrance exams for those programs take a great deal of intelligence to score well. Then to succeed takes a great deal of intelligence just as it does to race a motorcycle (MX-IQ) in the top echelon of the sport.

There are dumb riders and there are smart riders just like there are dumb MBA graduates and smart MBA graduates. To lump "most" in the category of stupid ... is well ... stupid.

As for Emig's comments ... I have no problem with what he says. I like listening to him and appreciate that he is willing to provide insights on the races. I think he and Ricky are funny too.
bullpen658
7/6/2013 5:01pm
I just have to flat out disagree with this post. I don't know what sort of people you know with an MBA but to generalize by...
I just have to flat out disagree with this post. I don't know what sort of people you know with an MBA but to generalize by saying that "most MBA graduates" are dumb goes contrary to your comment: "it is often better to stay open minded and with no complex regarding anybody."

I have an MBA from a top Ivy League school and I also have a Juris Doctor from a top law school. The entrance exams for those programs take a great deal of intelligence to score well. Then to succeed takes a great deal of intelligence just as it does to race a motorcycle (MX-IQ) in the top echelon of the sport.

There are dumb riders and there are smart riders just like there are dumb MBA graduates and smart MBA graduates. To lump "most" in the category of stupid ... is well ... stupid.

As for Emig's comments ... I have no problem with what he says. I like listening to him and appreciate that he is willing to provide insights on the races. I think he and Ricky are funny too.
You're arguing with a person that does concrete for a living. THAT is the definition of stupid. LOL J/K

But seriously, don't waste your time responding to nonsense. The number of spelling and grammatical errors in that other dude's attack on educated people made me nauseous. If I had a nickel for every dumb asshole that was too dumb to make it anywhere academically who then tried to justify his career "choice" with things like "I like to work outside" and "I could never sit in a cubicle all day", I'd be wealthy enough to end the bullshit between Glen Helen and DC and put Glen Helen back on the schedule.
ford832
7/6/2013 5:19pm
..easier said then done Fro. Maybe he should have latched onto MC's tail a little more often during his career

Woohoo Hahahahahahaha...that right there is the quote of the day-hands down.Laughing
Crush
7/6/2013 5:44pm
I actually think he's spot on!

RV rides on his toes more than anyone i've ever seen... Not just on them more, but further back on them, he's rarely got his arches planted on the pegs... More bike control, he consistently gets the away with shit that the others don't and is always faster through the really nasty stuff...

4 strokes let you ride like that... You couldn't always be on your toes on a two stroke, you had to shift all the time...

And to make it even more so, watch this...

And this.

RV is lugging the bike, making it work in a more controllable way for him, the suspension works better low in the powerband, and he's going a shit load faster than everyone else.

Fro's no dummy
Coyote
7/6/2013 5:51pm
I just have to flat out disagree with this post. I don't know what sort of people you know with an MBA but to generalize by...

bullpen658 wrote:
You're arguing with a person that does concrete for a living. THAT is the definition of stupid. LOL J/K But seriously, don't waste your time responding...
You're arguing with a person that does concrete for a living. THAT is the definition of stupid. LOL J/K

But seriously, don't waste your time responding to nonsense. The number of spelling and grammatical errors in that other dude's attack on educated people made me nauseous. If I had a nickel for every dumb asshole that was too dumb to make it anywhere academically who then tried to justify his career "choice" with things like "I like to work outside" and "I could never sit in a cubicle all day", I'd be wealthy enough to end the bullshit between Glen Helen and DC and put Glen Helen back on the schedule.
friggin classic, lmao!!
ford832
7/6/2013 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 6:12pm
Crush wrote:
I actually think he's spot on! RV rides on his toes more than anyone i've ever seen... Not just on them more, but further back on...
I actually think he's spot on!

RV rides on his toes more than anyone i've ever seen... Not just on them more, but further back on them, he's rarely got his arches planted on the pegs... More bike control, he consistently gets the away with shit that the others don't and is always faster through the really nasty stuff...

4 strokes let you ride like that... You couldn't always be on your toes on a two stroke, you had to shift all the time...

And to make it even more so, watch this...

And this.

RV is lugging the bike, making it work in a more controllable way for him, the suspension works better low in the powerband, and he's going a shit load faster than everyone else.

Fro's no dummy
So getting back to Emig's comment then,RV's style and abilties are due to the fact that he "only raced fourstrokes" ?
Sorry,I still don't buy it any more than I'd buy someone saying JS couldn't have invented the scrub if he hadn't been on green ones all those years.
I think RV is exceptionally good at what he does based on his ability and intelligence-not what he rode or didn't ride in the past.
TeamGreen
7/6/2013 6:20pm
Uh...maybe it's just me; but...

RV has Raced four-strokes EXCLUSIVELY as a Pro for 8 Years. He started racing for Mitch on theKXF250 in '06. How'd he do Outdoors, that year? Maybe you remember his little diddy at the MXoN in 2007? And so on...

He's one of these new "Younger-Guys" that grew up racing thumpers...versus...even JS7...remember...on the KX125...? RC...KX 125/250s and CR250's...

And he's Crushing It !.
ford832
7/6/2013 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2013 6:33pm
He's the big dog now for sure and is setting the bar....as was JS before him,and RC and Mac before that and so on.
It's a fourstroke world now and that's what he wins on and that's what he rode coming up.Other's have done both and ridden through the transition.
On the other hand,I've never heard McGraths success attributed to the fact that he came up riding two strokes and continued doing so in his championship years-or any other champion of past years either.
I still find Emigs comment nonsensical but it would appear maybe it is just me.Oh well.

Post a reply to: Emig's quote of the day

The Latest