Emig's intensity comment...

Related:
Create New Tag

Motocross83

Vital MX member Motocross83
21107 Motocross83 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/21107/avatar/c50_Untitled_1444160630.jpg?1444159904 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Motocross83,21107/all 07/09/10 43 5222 1 1

Posts: 5265

Joined: 7/9/2010

Location: GBR

6/12/2012 9:54 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Usually the general rule is that the US series has a deeper field than the GP series, and the top GP rider is usually the only one that can contend for race wins in the US. Roczen is that guy. Over there he was the best. Here, he's one of the best. He's right where I expected. He went to a bigger pond and he's proving he's got what it takes to win a championship here. It should be fun to watch.

Motocross83 wrote: "Usually the general rule is that the US series has a deeper field than the GP series".

How do we judge that though?

In a way that's what part of this endless GP vs AMA argument is about. How do we know which field is deeper when the traffic only ever goes one way? We almost never have any top level AMA riders travel over in their prime from America and compete across a full season in the GPs. These days it's always the other way round. And that's the point really - KR doesn't just have to deal with new competition but a whole new playing field altogether. He's weaker in America than he is in the GPs, regardless of the competition. I don't see how that can be denied by anyone. He must surely be weaker by any logical argument under a (to him) foreign system.

TDeath21 wrote:

Key words there were general and usually. There are exceptions. All we really have to go by are the Des Nations, and in those, US riders have been winning most of the individual overalls regardless of where it is raced. Osborne did way better in the GPs than he did in the US. Also remember most of the top 10 over here are US riders, so a lot of riders that could probably podium at the Des Nations if they were from another country don't even race.

I understand exceptions. But even with that, I fail to understand how Clement can go 2-2 at a National if the GPs are a lesser series. It's not as if Clement was dominating the World Championship then or now - he is beaten on a regular basis by other riders and only just won his first overall for the year this past weekend. OK, people can say... well that was one race, one weekend with a lot of the good AMA guys missing, plus Stewart was out of sorts and struggling etc. And I accept a degree of truth to all of that. One race is NOT a series and there's always something going on with someone. Granted.

But at the most basic fundamental level - Desalle simply would not be able to challenge Dungey 'AT ALL' if the pace between each series wasn't close. It simply would not happen. He could not turn up to Unadilla National and put in two very convincing 2nd places finishes if his speed wasn't good. Never mind exceptions.

I would also apply the same logic to the various MXDN moto victories or individual battles the GP riders have won over recent years. These aren't all won by freak occurrence, or often by the very best the GPs have to offer. And again, they wouldn't happen at all, ever, if the GP riders weren't at least very close or equal to their AMA counterparts. If on the other hand every MXDN was like Budds Creek 2007 with total AMA domination then I would agree with you completely. I would have no choice but to agree.

I do take on board your point about good few of the AMA riders being left at home for each MXDN. But that is often true of the GP riders also, with many either riding different cc's for team obligations than what they're used to, or sitting out through injury completely.

mxgeoff

Vital MX member mxgeoff
10272 mxgeoff http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/10272/avatar/c50_cairoli_2012_lkk.jpg?1348496104 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/mxgeoff,10272/all 05/26/08 3 68 1147 2

Posts: 1215

Joined: 5/26/2008

Location: vegas, SHN

6/12/2012 9:55 AM

Cairoli, Everts, Smets, Paulin, Desalle, Herlings and so many others are ALSO the best of the best. If you don't know that then its not really worth debating with you. The AMA series is awesome and without a doubt has some of the best riders in the World, probably with Villopoto and Roczen the fastest from 2011, but the best of the rest are in both America and Europe my friend.

And as I mentioned, the AMA series looks really cool and that attracts riders. We need to get the GP riders, managers, promoters to get that formula and I believe that its possible to make the GP series look just as cool and thus also interesting to stay here.

For sure now that KTM and Pro-Circuit are involved in both USA and FIM will only help young guys make it in Europe and America and we might see some rider exchanges happen more often.

PressPassP

Vital MX member PressPassP
19431 PressPassP http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/19431/avatar/c50_Screenshot_2015_06_15_00_17_44_1_1434946848.jpg?1434946487 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/PressPassP,19431/all 03/03/10 1 17 63 3147 4

Posts: 3210

Joined: 3/3/2010

Location: Ipswich, GBR

6/12/2012 9:59 AM

Argue it how we like,until a top American does the GPs we have no equal comparison

I don't think anyone could predict how,for example Dungey would do in this years GP's?

Anyone care to give their stance on that? (leave saying he'd go 1-1,1-1,1-1 etc for the schoolkids )


(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

PressPassP

Vital MX member PressPassP
19431 PressPassP http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/19431/avatar/c50_Screenshot_2015_06_15_00_17_44_1_1434946848.jpg?1434946487 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/PressPassP,19431/all 03/03/10 1 17 63 3147 4

Posts: 3210

Joined: 3/3/2010

Location: Ipswich, GBR

6/12/2012 10:09 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

Cairoli, Everts, Smets, Paulin, Desalle, Herlings and so many others are ALSO the best of the best. If you don't know that then its not really worth debating with you. The AMA series is awesome and without a doubt has some of the best riders in the World, probably with Villopoto and Roczen the fastest from 2011, but the best of the rest are in both America and Europe my friend.

And as I mentioned, the AMA series looks really cool and that attracts riders. We need to get the GP riders, managers, promoters to get that formula and I believe that its possible to make the GP series look just as cool and thus also interesting to stay here.

For sure now that KTM and Pro-Circuit are involved in both USA and FIM will only help young guys make it in Europe and America and we might see some rider exchanges happen more often.

Good point about KTM and Pro-Circuit as it's great for the sport

Also what you said about the look and coverage is very true,MX1 has probably had the best races anywhere this year,that last Moto in Portugal was simply amazing,it had everything,and if Emig and Weege were commentating on it,they'd have pissed in their pants and lost their voices

Imagine if the top 4 AMA riders had that same race,Stewart,Dungey,Villopoto and Reed all battling for the win,swapping places,slamming each other and guys charging at the end and someone winning by 0.4 seconds,Vital bench race meltdown


(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

jtomasik

Vital MX member jtomasik
505 jtomasik http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/505/avatar/c50_Manning_Melon_for_website_1406229807.jpg?1406229427 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/jtomasik,505/all 08/17/06 36 20 974 14251 11 10

Posts: 15225

Joined: 8/17/2006

Location: Golden, CO USA

6/12/2012 10:10 AM

wildbill wrote:

Happens when a newb does our circuit for the first time. That's why they race here.

Or, maybe this has something to do with it?

TMV wrote:

We do have fat girls here too, lol...

mxgeoff

Vital MX member mxgeoff
10272 mxgeoff http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/10272/avatar/c50_cairoli_2012_lkk.jpg?1348496104 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/mxgeoff,10272/all 05/26/08 3 68 1147 2

Posts: 1215

Joined: 5/26/2008

Location: vegas, SHN

6/12/2012 10:11 AM

It is pretty clear when a top GP guy goes to America he is a top guy there also. Pourcel, Reed, Tortelli, Rattray, Roczen, Musquin and a bunch of others have been good in both series. It took Tyla Rattray years before he learnt how to win in Europe and it seems the learning curve in America is the same. Langston, Albertyn also took a time before they won, but they did.

Pourcel gets two runner-up finishes in 2009 and 2010 or Townley showing the speed he often showed really only proves that the two series are pretty similar. Sure the AMA series favors the home riders, but that is normal in every country.

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 10:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 10:25 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

It is pretty clear when a top GP guy goes to America he is a top guy there also. Pourcel, Reed, Tortelli, Rattray, Roczen, Musquin and a bunch of others have been good in both series. It took Tyla Rattray years before he learnt how to win in Europe and it seems the learning curve in America is the same. Langston, Albertyn also took a time before they won, but they did.

Pourcel gets two runner-up finishes in 2009 and 2010 or Townley showing the speed he often showed really only proves that the two series are pretty similar. Sure the AMA series favors the home riders, but that is normal in every country.

The American riders are faster and more intense than the Euros, we both know this. The GPs are a shadow of the AMA. All the fast talent went to the AMA to see if they were the fastest in the world, including the list above. Some were, some were not but it is the only way to determine if you are the fastest in the world. The fastest were not from Europe, usually S Africa or Austrailia, but no matter, when you are the fastest in the AMA, you are the fastest in the world, Roczen is finding out, he is not fastest in the world like his world championship trophy would lead you to believe

(more good quoting stuff here Jamie_munroe)

Motocross is a contact sport

mxgeoff

Vital MX member mxgeoff
10272 mxgeoff http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/10272/avatar/c50_cairoli_2012_lkk.jpg?1348496104 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/mxgeoff,10272/all 05/26/08 3 68 1147 2

Posts: 1215

Joined: 5/26/2008

Location: vegas, SHN

6/12/2012 10:45 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

It is pretty clear when a top GP guy goes to America he is a top guy there also. Pourcel, Reed, Tortelli, Rattray, Roczen, Musquin and a bunch of others have been good in both series. It took Tyla Rattray years before he learnt how to win in Europe and it seems the learning curve in America is the same. Langston, Albertyn also took a time before they won, but they did.

Pourcel gets two runner-up finishes in 2009 and 2010 or Townley showing the speed he often showed really only proves that the two series are pretty similar. Sure the AMA series favors the home riders, but that is normal in every country.

carlosmacho wrote:

The American riders are faster and more intense than the Euros, we both know this. The GPs are a shadow of the AMA. All the fast talent went to the AMA to see if they were the fastest in the world, including the list above. Some were, some were not but it is the only way to determine if you are the fastest in the world. The fastest were not from Europe, usually S Africa or Austrailia, but no matter, when you are the fastest in the AMA, you are the fastest in the world, Roczen is finding out, he is not fastest in the world like his world championship trophy would lead you to believe

(more good quoting stuff here Jamie_munroe)

Every sport no matter what is it the home team/sportsman has an advantage. Why do you think Roger De Coster and Stefan Everts owned the Namur GP, or why do you think that NFL or Baseball teams have home advantage? Why do you think McGrath owned Anaheim stadium? Americans have a huge advantage at home against the rest of the World riders.

That isn't to put down the AMA series, because it's a really cool series with awesome riders, but the American riders all get to fly home after the race, they have their families and friends close by. It's totally different for the other riders from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, France or wherever. The lifestyle itself is a totally new experience.

I've travelled the World and know a little about living outside your comfort zone, but I really wonder if you have ever been out of your own backyard, because you talk so much nonsense it seems like you have no life experiences.

To be honest the way you put your argument across it's pointless even trying to debate with you.

jamma10

Vital MX member jamma10
11800 jamma10 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/11800/avatar/c50_Avatar_copy_1474842875.jpg?1474842857 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/jamma10,11800/all 08/24/08 4 15 96 10393 22

Posts: 10489

Joined: 8/24/2008

Location: Bristol, GBR

6/12/2012 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 10:54 AM

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

Jamie_Munro

Vital MX member Jamie_Munro
27160 Jamie_Munro http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/27160/avatar/c50_image_1504380986.jpg?1504380241 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Jamie-Munro,27160/all 04/11/11 90 3331 95 1

Posts: 3421

Joined: 4/11/2011

Location: GBR

6/12/2012 10:52 AM

carlosmacho wrote:

The American riders are faster and more intense than the Euros, we both know this. The GPs are a shadow of the AMA. All the fast talent went to the AMA to see if they were the fastest in the world, including the list above. Some were, some were not but it is the only way to determine if you are the fastest in the world. The fastest were not from Europe, usually S Africa or Austrailia, but no matter, when you are the fastest in the AMA, you are the fastest in the world, Roczen is finding out, he is not fastest in the world like his world championship trophy would lead you to believe

(more good quoting stuff here Jamie_munroe)

I actually just fell off my chair laughing, Carlos you can't even copy my name correctly hahahaaaaaaa.

Bravo sir - another classic.

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 10:54 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

Every sport no matter what is it the home team/sportsman has an advantage. Why do you think Roger De Coster and Stefan Everts owned the Namur GP, or why do you think that NFL or Baseball teams have home advantage? Why do you think McGrath owned Anaheim stadium? Americans have a huge advantage at home against the rest of the World riders.

That isn't to put down the AMA series, because it's a really cool series with awesome riders, but the American riders all get to fly home after the race, they have their families and friends close by. It's totally different for the other riders from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, France or wherever. The lifestyle itself is a totally new experience.

I've travelled the World and know a little about living outside your comfort zone, but I really wonder if you have ever been out of your own backyard, because you talk so much nonsense it seems like you have no life experiences.

To be honest the way you put your argument across it's pointless even trying to debate with you.

Geoff, my father was in the military, we lived all over including England and Japan for extended times. I have visited Europe many times, work has sent me all over the world many times. It is not my first rodeo.

When you started posting on vital, I thought you have no life experience, and I still think you don't, I would call you immature because you come to vital debating these things, the only problem is I do to so I would only be commenting on myself..

Now back to your
The AMA is not really cool. It is where the fastest riders in the world compete. They are the world champions, you can debate it all you want, but anyone with a brain can figure out, the fastest riders are in the AMA, and Roczen the world champ, is not the fastest, and he is still in the AMA because he wants to be known as a true world champ. He may be able to do it, he may not that is why he is here.

Motocross is a contact sport

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 10:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 11:02 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

It is pretty clear when a top GP guy goes to America he is a top guy there also. Pourcel, Reed, Tortelli, Rattray, Roczen, Musquin and a bunch of others have been good in both series. It took Tyla Rattray years before he learnt how to win in Europe and it seems the learning curve in America is the same. Langston, Albertyn also took a time before they won, but they did.

Pourcel gets two runner-up finishes in 2009 and 2010 or Townley showing the speed he often showed really only proves that the two series are pretty similar. Sure the AMA series favors the home riders, but that is normal in every country.

carlosmacho wrote:

The American riders are faster and more intense than the Euros, we both know this. The GPs are a shadow of the AMA. All the fast talent went to the AMA to see if they were the fastest in the world, including the list above. Some were, some were not but it is the only way to determine if you are the fastest in the world. The fastest were not from Europe, usually S Africa or Austrailia, but no matter, when you are the fastest in the AMA, you are the fastest in the world, Roczen is finding out, he is not fastest in the world like his world championship trophy would lead you to believe

(more good quoting stuff here Jamie_munroe)

Jamie_Munro wrote:

I actually just fell off my chair laughing, Carlos you can't even copy my name correctly hahahaaaaaaa.

Bravo sir - another classic.

I don't remember your name because you are of little importance to me, though you seem to get my name right. If you want an excuse, I am sending this to you on my phone because my computers are tied up doing real work. You see, on a computer, I could just copy an past your name but it takes too much effort on a phone. But I prefer to let you think you are of little importance to me

Motocross is a contact sport

Jamie_Munro

Vital MX member Jamie_Munro
27160 Jamie_Munro http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/27160/avatar/c50_image_1504380986.jpg?1504380241 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Jamie-Munro,27160/all 04/11/11 90 3331 95 1

Posts: 3421

Joined: 4/11/2011

Location: GBR

6/12/2012 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 11:00 AM

^^^

HE (Carlos) is persistent, you can't argue with that... :-)

dude re-read your last post, take more than a second. Classic.

jamma10

Vital MX member jamma10
11800 jamma10 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/11800/avatar/c50_Avatar_copy_1474842875.jpg?1474842857 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/jamma10,11800/all 08/24/08 4 15 96 10393 22

Posts: 10489

Joined: 8/24/2008

Location: Bristol, GBR

6/12/2012 11:01 AM

Busy downloading porn and the Twighlight Saga most likely...

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

Jamie_Munro

Vital MX member Jamie_Munro
27160 Jamie_Munro http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/27160/avatar/c50_image_1504380986.jpg?1504380241 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Jamie-Munro,27160/all 04/11/11 90 3331 95 1

Posts: 3421

Joined: 4/11/2011

Location: GBR

6/12/2012 11:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 11:07 AM

fixing eyebrows and curls again

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 11:09 AM

jamma10 wrote:

Busy downloading porn and the Twighlight Saga most likely...

I thought we were past personal attacks Jamma but , but I guess not. I find people who talk about that stuff are usually the people who are obsessed with porn,. If you have a pointer to those movies, let me know so I can download it for my daughter later.

Motocross is a contact sport

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 11:12 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

^^^

HE (Carlos) is persistent, you can't argue with that... :-)

dude re-read your last post, take more than a second. Classic.

I find once a person has nothing in the tank to debate any longer, they turn to personal attacks, discrediting people, and the lowest focusing on spelling and grammar error to overshadow the fact they wrong.

Motocross is a contact sport

mxgeoff

Vital MX member mxgeoff
10272 mxgeoff http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/10272/avatar/c50_cairoli_2012_lkk.jpg?1348496104 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/mxgeoff,10272/all 05/26/08 3 68 1147 2

Posts: 1215

Joined: 5/26/2008

Location: vegas, SHN

6/12/2012 11:13 AM

carlosmacho wrote:

The American riders are faster and more intense than the Euros, we both know this. The GPs are a shadow of the AMA. All the fast talent went to the AMA to see if they were the fastest in the world, including the list above. Some were, some were not but it is the only way to determine if you are the fastest in the world. The fastest were not from Europe, usually S Africa or Austrailia, but no matter, when you are the fastest in the AMA, you are the fastest in the world, Roczen is finding out, he is not fastest in the world like his world championship trophy would lead you to believe

(more good quoting stuff here Jamie_munroe)

mxgeoff wrote:

Every sport no matter what is it the home team/sportsman has an advantage. Why do you think Roger De Coster and Stefan Everts owned the Namur GP, or why do you think that NFL or Baseball teams have home advantage? Why do you think McGrath owned Anaheim stadium? Americans have a huge advantage at home against the rest of the World riders.

That isn't to put down the AMA series, because it's a really cool series with awesome riders, but the American riders all get to fly home after the race, they have their families and friends close by. It's totally different for the other riders from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, France or wherever. The lifestyle itself is a totally new experience.

I've travelled the World and know a little about living outside your comfort zone, but I really wonder if you have ever been out of your own backyard, because you talk so much nonsense it seems like you have no life experiences.

To be honest the way you put your argument across it's pointless even trying to debate with you.

carlosmacho wrote:

Geoff, my father was in the military, we lived all over including England and Japan for extended times. I have visited Europe many times, work has sent me all over the world many times. It is not my first rodeo.

When you started posting on vital, I thought you have no life experience, and I still think you don't, I would call you immature because you come to vital debating these things, the only problem is I do to so I would only be commenting on myself..

Now back to your
The AMA is not really cool. It is where the fastest riders in the world compete. They are the world champions, you can debate it all you want, but anyone with a brain can figure out, the fastest riders are in the AMA, and Roczen the world champ, is not the fastest, and he is still in the AMA because he wants to be known as a true world champ. He may be able to do it, he may not that is why he is here.

I am immature because I come to a forum and debate and you are.....................commenting on yourself??? Brilliant.

jamma10

Vital MX member jamma10
11800 jamma10 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/11800/avatar/c50_Avatar_copy_1474842875.jpg?1474842857 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/jamma10,11800/all 08/24/08 4 15 96 10393 22

Posts: 10489

Joined: 8/24/2008

Location: Bristol, GBR

6/12/2012 11:13 AM

You're a character aren't you Carlos

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

PressPassP

Vital MX member PressPassP
19431 PressPassP http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/19431/avatar/c50_Screenshot_2015_06_15_00_17_44_1_1434946848.jpg?1434946487 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/PressPassP,19431/all 03/03/10 1 17 63 3147 4

Posts: 3210

Joined: 3/3/2010

Location: Ipswich, GBR

6/12/2012 11:19 AM

carlosmacho wrote:

The American riders are faster and more intense than the Euros, we both know this. The GPs are a shadow of the AMA. All the fast talent went to the AMA to see if they were the fastest in the world, including the list above. Some were, some were not but it is the only way to determine if you are the fastest in the world. The fastest were not from Europe, usually S Africa or Austrailia, but no matter, when you are the fastest in the AMA, you are the fastest in the world, Roczen is finding out, he is not fastest in the world like his world championship trophy would lead you to believe

(more good quoting stuff here Jamie_munroe)

Jamie_Munro wrote:

I actually just fell off my chair laughing, Carlos you can't even copy my name correctly hahahaaaaaaa.

Bravo sir - another classic.

carlosmacho wrote:

I don't remember your name because you are of little importance to me, though you seem to get my name right. If you want an excuse, I am sending this to you on my phone because my computers are tied up doing real work. You see, on a computer, I could just copy an past your name but it takes too much effort on a phone. But I prefer to let you think you are of little importance to me

Easy to remember,persistant trolling,repetetive posts,double standards,repetetive posts,blinkered vision,repetetive posts,


(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 11:20 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

Every sport no matter what is it the home team/sportsman has an advantage. Why do you think Roger De Coster and Stefan Everts owned the Namur GP, or why do you think that NFL or Baseball teams have home advantage? Why do you think McGrath owned Anaheim stadium? Americans have a huge advantage at home against the rest of the World riders.

That isn't to put down the AMA series, because it's a really cool series with awesome riders, but the American riders all get to fly home after the race, they have their families and friends close by. It's totally different for the other riders from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, France or wherever. The lifestyle itself is a totally new experience.

I've travelled the World and know a little about living outside your comfort zone, but I really wonder if you have ever been out of your own backyard, because you talk so much nonsense it seems like you have no life experiences.

To be honest the way you put your argument across it's pointless even trying to debate with you.

If Roczen wins the AMA championship. I will have a little more respect for the GPs but still the "world champ" status I would still consider dubious. But if he does not win, it will be only another loss in the long list of "world champ" gp riders to come over here and fail to get a championship in AMA MX or SX. But that is just me.

While I have respect for the speed and talent of the Euros, They are just not the fastest.

Motocross is a contact sport

Huckster

Vital MX member Huckster
288 Huckster /images/default/avatar/c50.png http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Huckster,288/all 08/15/06 2 62 2111 1

Posts: 2173

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: Woodstock Ii, NY USA

6/12/2012 11:24 AM

mxgeoff wrote:

Just so you know the trans-am was held in America...........How old are you?

Dude you really have a reading comprehension problem. Try to read slower and understand what is written before responding. Where did I say anything about where the Trans Am's were held? I am acutely aware of where they were held and used to attend the 'dilla round. My point was that back in the day when the GP riders were the best in the world, they used to come over and compete against our riders. The GP series was the premier series but the Trans Am gave the upstart American kids that opportunity to battle and learn from them. Now, there is no need to go over to the GP's for a Barcia, Baggett, Tomac, Canard, and on and on. They cut their teeth at LL when they are young and step right into Factory rides and compete at the highest level possible. Why in their right mind would anyone want to go to turn down an opportunity to race at the highest level to go race a lower level series? Seriously, that would be like Lebron and Dwayne Wade going to play in Italy. It is ludicrous to think it would happen. Again, that's not to say that there are not great riders in the GP's. Of course there are and for certain guys, it is a much better option. But, the fact remains that the money, prestige and opportunity for endorsements are more so in the AMA series because of whatever reason, bike sales, SX, energy drinks, etc. but nonetheless it is that way and that is why most of your best come here. Road racing is just the opposite but you don't hear us defending our series because the reality is we know its not where the best of the best are.....

Oh and I am 45 and been going to unadilla since the mid 70's. Used to love to watch the GP riders with their cool looking bikes and gear back in the day. White Yamaha's!!!!

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2012 11:28 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

I actually just fell off my chair laughing, Carlos you can't even copy my name correctly hahahaaaaaaa.

Bravo sir - another classic.

carlosmacho wrote:

I don't remember your name because you are of little importance to me, though you seem to get my name right. If you want an excuse, I am sending this to you on my phone because my computers are tied up doing real work. You see, on a computer, I could just copy an past your name but it takes too much effort on a phone. But I prefer to let you think you are of little importance to me

PressPassP wrote:

Easy to remember,persistant trolling,repetetive posts,double standards,repetetive posts,blinkered vision,repetetive posts,

I believe it is you Euros that came over here to this board telling Americans that we are just "nationals" races and that the GP;s are true world championships after we beat you in MXON year after year. You don't see me on any Euro boards saying how much better the Americans are.

Also is arguing with retards is retarded then you are calling yourself a retard. (or a pigeon in this case) Not that I am saying you are a retard because as I said, once people have nothing in the tank to continue to debate, they turn to personal attack, like you and the rest of the Euros.

Motocross is a contact sport

MeanGreen

Vital MX member MeanGreen
9974 MeanGreen http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/9974/avatar/c50_616310808_1209659442.jpg?1294183645 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/MeanGreen,9974/all 05/01/08 3 1 97 1

Posts: 98

Joined: 5/1/2008

Location: Victorville, CA USA

6/12/2012 11:26 AM

This was fun at first.

But now I'm feeling kind of bad for the GP fanboys, grasping at straws and such.

carlosmacho

Vital MX member carlosmacho
18114 carlosmacho http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/18114/avatar/c50_ca.jpg?1335459173 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/carlosmacho,18114/all 12/08/09 20 1588 3

Posts: 1608

Joined: 12/8/2009

Location: Lost Wages, NV USA

6/12/2012 11:31 AM

PressPassP wrote:

Easy to remember,persistant trolling,repetetive posts,double standards,repetetive posts,blinkered vision,repetetive posts,

Ok, you win. The two world champs are the fastest on the planet because the are world champs in the GPs and the Americans are no where near their speed and cannot beat them. They are the fastest on the AMA circuit. You feel better now?

Motocross is a contact sport

PaleBlue

Vital MX member PaleBlue
15683 PaleBlue http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15683/avatar/c50_I_phone_pictures_038.jpg?1358262486 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/PaleBlue,15683/all 06/16/09 20 44 1551 9 1 1

Posts: 1595

Joined: 6/16/2009

Location: Essex, GBR

6/12/2012 11:33 AM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

^^^

HE (Carlos) is persistent, you can't argue with that... :-)

dude re-read your last post, take more than a second. Classic.

carlosmacho wrote:

I find once a person has nothing in the tank to debate any longer, they turn to personal attacks, discrediting people, and the lowest focusing on spelling and grammar error to overshadow the fact they wrong.

Carelos, I don't think anyone is really attacking you personaly. After all, we all realise that with your chosen name and avater you don't expect anyone to take you too seriously. Do you?

P.S. If you're like the majority of american service personal stationed in Europe, I don't expect you ventured off base more than high days and holidays. You ain't gonna get a feel for a country when you only eat on base and only shop on base.

E.A.S.S.C. - as fun as it gets.............

Barrett57

Vital MX member Barrett57
22114 Barrett57 http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/22114/avatar/c50_hawkestone_park_1452181240.jpg?1452180366 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Barrett57,22114/all 08/31/10 12 1822 2

Posts: 1834

Joined: 8/31/2010

Location: GBR

6/12/2012 11:34 AM

Dumbgeon time?

I no longer regret my username.


PaleBlue

Vital MX member PaleBlue
15683 PaleBlue http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15683/avatar/c50_I_phone_pictures_038.jpg?1358262486 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/PaleBlue,15683/all 06/16/09 20 44 1551 9 1 1

Posts: 1595

Joined: 6/16/2009

Location: Essex, GBR

6/12/2012 11:40 AM

Barrett57 wrote:

Dumbgeon time?

Day's ago...................

E.A.S.S.C. - as fun as it gets.............

PressPassP

Vital MX member PressPassP
19431 PressPassP http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/19431/avatar/c50_Screenshot_2015_06_15_00_17_44_1_1434946848.jpg?1434946487 http://www.vitalmx.com/community/PressPassP,19431/all 03/03/10 1 17 63 3147 4

Posts: 3210

Joined: 3/3/2010

Location: Ipswich, GBR

6/12/2012 12:09 PM

carlosmacho wrote:

I don't remember your name because you are of little importance to me, though you seem to get my name right. If you want an excuse, I am sending this to you on my phone because my computers are tied up doing real work. You see, on a computer, I could just copy an past your name but it takes too much effort on a phone. But I prefer to let you think you are of little importance to me

PressPassP wrote:

Easy to remember,persistant trolling,repetetive posts,double standards,repetetive posts,blinkered vision,repetetive posts,

carlosmacho wrote:

I believe it is you Euros that came over here to this board telling Americans that we are just "nationals" races and that the GP;s are true world championships after we beat you in MXON year after year. You don't see me on any Euro boards saying how much better the Americans are.

Also is arguing with retards is retarded then you are calling yourself a retard. (or a pigeon in this case) Not that I am saying you are a retard because as I said, once people have nothing in the tank to continue to debate, they turn to personal attack, like you and the rest of the Euros.

Hee Hee,only pulling your leg,don't take it to heart, the board was open to all to debate,this was a decent one too until you again come and repeat the usual one way stuff,as many say it's poinless to argue with you,most threads end up in the Dumbgeon when you chime in anyhow

I'm pretty sure no one here has said the Euros are better,I certainly dont think that,I think it's harder to win each in others' series and easier to win in your own,fighting your corner is one thing and I can do that but against some who are all about one way traffic,it's useless


(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")