Emig and Kawasaki????

MxNate701
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:03pm
First off it seems strange that the two have such a love fest going on considering Kawi broke up with Jeffrey when he got busted for possesion in Lake Havasu a bunch of years ago, you'd think he'd be bitter? Secondly, I don't think its appropriate for anyone in the booth, commentating the races to be paid by one of the manufacturers, it seems like a conflict of interest to me. Granted he's not hiding the relationship, but on the other hand it might be better if he did, I'm really surprised that MxSports and Speed/ Nbc would allow him to take money from one of the Teams. If he's getting bikes and parts thats fine but when you start doing their PR and showing up in commercials thats entirely different.
|
7/3/2011 2:47pm
Kawasaki had to let him go after the interview that was posted online. The interview probably should have never been posted! Emig bled green for many years and he knew he screwed up. They also have a whole lotta love for that guy with all the natural talent and he is riding green even though their relationship wasn't always the best. Live and let live!Wink
Therapy
7/3/2011 2:48pm
Emig can do what he wants when he wants, a benfit of being a LEGEND!!
newmann
7/3/2011 3:00pm
He's announcing, not playing technical inspector. I like Fro, but Baggett the blossoming geranium......I was thinking he might have stopped by Havasu on the way to the track. LOLLaughing

The Shop

7/3/2011 3:05pm
newmann wrote:
He's announcing, not playing technical inspector. I like Fro, but Baggett the blossoming geranium......I was thinking he might have stopped by Havasu on the way to...
He's announcing, not playing technical inspector. I like Fro, but Baggett the blossoming geranium......I was thinking he might have stopped by Havasu on the way to the track. LOLLaughing
He's been taking creating writing classes to aid in his announcing.
Rizzo
7/3/2011 3:19pm
MxNate701 wrote:
First off it seems strange that the two have such a love fest going on considering Kawi broke up with Jeffrey when he got busted for...
First off it seems strange that the two have such a love fest going on considering Kawi broke up with Jeffrey when he got busted for possesion in Lake Havasu a bunch of years ago, you'd think he'd be bitter? Secondly, I don't think its appropriate for anyone in the booth, commentating the races to be paid by one of the manufacturers, it seems like a conflict of interest to me. Granted he's not hiding the relationship, but on the other hand it might be better if he did, I'm really surprised that MxSports and Speed/ Nbc would allow him to take money from one of the Teams. If he's getting bikes and parts thats fine but when you start doing their PR and showing up in commercials thats entirely different.
RC was in the booth during SX, was that inappropriate? MC and RC are helping to put on the ME cup, I'd bet money they will spend some time in the booth for that, will you be picketing out front of Sam Boyd? You think those 3 PC Kawi bikes are winning out cuz Emig is in the booth cheering them on, come on.
jeffro503
7/3/2011 3:50pm
If Kawi wasn't winning races.........what do you think Emigs PR slant might be? I don't think it makes one bit of difference. "Emig should be bitter"....WTF? He made amends with them years ago. He lost his factory ride because of HIS fuck up......not theirs! And since then......he has had a good relationship with them , and there is nothing wrong with that. Plenty of "Still supported former / current pros" up in the booth from time to time.......and at least they know what the fuck they are talking about most of the time.
MX4EVR
7/3/2011 3:55pm
Emig is one of the greatest to ever race mx/sx some just weren't there to witness all he did, what a great era, the 90's!
TerryK
7/3/2011 4:11pm
Free enterprise is a wonderful thing.
jmx411
7/3/2011 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2011 4:30pm
CupStfu.jpg
Mod Killer
7/3/2011 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2011 9:21pm
MxNate701 wrote:
First off it seems strange that the two have such a love fest going on considering Kawi broke up with Jeffrey when he got busted for...
lame.

if ur gonna talk "conflicts of interests"....talk about title sponsors of the series also sponsoring teams. thats a true conflict of interest that affects the sport.

those of us who like emig in the booth like him cause hes funny and hes a legend. who he works for doesnt matter or affect his effectiveness in doing his job.
MOTODAD422
7/3/2011 7:45pm
newmann wrote:
He's announcing, not playing technical inspector. I like Fro, but Baggett the blossoming geranium......I was thinking he might have stopped by Havasu on the way to...
Wat about weegee's name for Bagget. "the El chupacabra" .
7/3/2011 8:13pm
Fro likes James, and cheers for him anytime he ride. James isn't riding for Kawie. People think too much into things, Fro is just a lover of the sport has ofcourse won a few titles.
BobbyM
7/3/2011 8:20pm
MxNate701 wrote:
bet yer a fucking saint all the way...perfect in every way, enough to make fun of others less perfect than you
Dozer
7/3/2011 8:37pm
Emig paid by Kawasaki? If so, I assume the insurance claim of lost wages doesn't play into this.
Shawn142
7/3/2011 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2011 8:58pm
Emig has been a Kawi support rider since he quit being a pro. He has been racing them for years now, and won his Loretta's title on a KX450F. I don't see it as a big deal. No one is going to decide to buy a Kawi because the crazy dude in the booth is talking them up. There's a conflict of interest in every motorsport that has a former racer announcing if you look at it that way.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
7/3/2011 9:34pm
My buddy's and I burnt up MANY clutches trying to ride like him on our KX125's back in the day... Dude was clutch happy like Barcia is Rev limiter happy.

Oh.... what were we talking about?
wildbill
7/4/2011 12:12am
MxNate701 wrote:
LURCH
7/4/2011 12:28am
MxNate701 wrote:
jndmx
7/4/2011 8:45am
jmx411 wrote:
[img]http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/STFU[/img]
Here let me help out........

Post a reply to: Emig and Kawasaki????

The Latest