Eleven 10 WTF?

Edited Date/Time 6/10/2013 8:13pm
Anyone else catch the interview with Alex Martin on Racerhead? He "doesn't have a 250 practice bike"?
Seriously? I thought they were a Yamaha supported team and he doesn't even have a 250 Practice bike?
Didn't PJ Larsen say a similar thing during the supercross season? What is going on there?
|
newmann
6/9/2013 9:18am
Yamaha's idea of support and our idea of support are two very different things. Amazing all the shit they will give to amateur kids but as soon as they make the big show it all dries up. It's a twelve year old design anyway. They could go buy new leftover bikes for less than Yamaha gives them to them for if I had to make a bet....
KINGRV1
6/9/2013 9:25am
newmann wrote:
Yamaha's idea of support and our idea of support are two very different things. Amazing all the shit they will give to amateur kids but as...
Yamaha's idea of support and our idea of support are two very different things. Amazing all the shit they will give to amateur kids but as soon as they make the big show it all dries up. It's a twelve year old design anyway. They could go buy new leftover bikes for less than Yamaha gives them to them for if I had to make a bet....
It's not a 12 year old design, only the motor... The bike was redesigned recently.
6/9/2013 11:17am
newmann wrote:
Yamaha's idea of support and our idea of support are two very different things. Amazing all the shit they will give to amateur kids but as...
KINGRV1 wrote:
It's not a 12 year old design, only the motor... The bike was redesigned recently.
Yeah but there are at least 5 part numbers that cross over with the 2001, which makes the whole bike completely useless.
Choppy
6/9/2013 11:45am
newmann wrote:
Eleven10 understood the contract and support that Yamaha told them they'd offer so they understand what THEY need to supply.
This is a perfect example of why companies hesitate to help out new teams. They give you the support they promised, and the team can't get practices bikes or even the race bikes to the RACE and then people blame Yamaha for it.

Eleven10 IMO needs to get its shit together or get out.

The Shop

WeiserGuy
6/9/2013 12:06pm
I questioned what kind of support they could've possibly been getting when Eleven 10 wasn't even running Yamaha logos on their box van in Supercross. That told the tale for me.
Flatliner
6/9/2013 12:38pm
They make what seems to be a fast race bike, but riders need practice bikes. I'm a fan of the team I hope they right the ship.
MotoTones
6/9/2013 1:29pm
I'm at ClubMX now where Martin trains and nope, no 250F. He's been training on a 450 that looks pretty.....used shall we say! Unsure
mototrader
6/9/2013 6:24pm
its amazing how yamahas were once regarded in the same category as honda but now they're more akin to ktm in the early 00's or suzuki of the 90s..

its a good thing their 2-strokes are still, good Smile
ga_pike
6/9/2013 7:08pm
Actually, unless you are a member of the Eleven10 team, I'd suggest you STFU because you don't know anything about their situation and/or what they do.

If you couch coaches think you can run a race team better, then by all means, go spend your own money and do it.
500guy
6/9/2013 7:30pm
Chad's a good guy, I'm sure it's a classic case of everything costing much more than they take in.

Look around racing is like a bad drug, it gets the best people and ruins them.
Flatliner
6/9/2013 7:32pm
ga_pike wrote:
Actually, unless you are a member of the Eleven10 team, I'd suggest you STFU because you don't know anything about their situation and/or what they do...
Actually, unless you are a member of the Eleven10 team, I'd suggest you STFU because you don't know anything about their situation and/or what they do.

If you couch coaches think you can run a race team better, then by all means, go spend your own money and do it.
Listen I like this team. Always have, but if Martin says he has no practice 250 what kind of conclusions should we draw?
BAMX
6/9/2013 7:45pm
500guy wrote:
Chad's a good guy, I'm sure it's a classic case of everything costing much more than they take in. Look around racing is like a bad...
Chad's a good guy, I'm sure it's a classic case of everything costing much more than they take in.

Look around racing is like a bad drug, it gets the best people and ruins them.
"If you want to get a million dollars out of racing.....start with two million"
bent valves
6/9/2013 8:03pm
I wonder if they SOLD the practice bikes to make some money...
nytsmaC
6/9/2013 8:32pm
Flatliner wrote:
Listen I like this team. Always have, but if Martin says he has no practice 250 what kind of conclusions should we draw?
I'd conclude that Eleven10 is doing the best they can with the resources they have to support their riders as much as possible. I don't know if Martin is complaining or just stating a fact, I think it's the latter, and I'm sure he appreciates having a ride with a competitive bike in that class unlike many others who are digging for change under the couch cushions to get to the next race with the worn out bike that they're just trying to keep running. Holy run on sentence, I know. After reading that again I'm exhausted.
ando
6/10/2013 1:50am
Hmmm... if only there was some way for a determined and dedicated rider, looking to improve his career, to get hold of a practice bike.........
6/10/2013 2:20am
newmann wrote:
KINGRV1 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
Yeah but there are at least 5 part numbers that cross over with the 2001, which makes the whole bike completely useless.
this is the same "useless" bike rookie cooper webb is ripping on and even pulled a holeshot on. hmm..
hasko158
6/10/2013 4:09am
Sorry, but if you can't provide a practice bike for the 1 rider you have, you shouldn't be fielding a team.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/10/2013 4:54am
I've heard more than once that Alex will be under the Rock River tent at upcoming races.
6/10/2013 5:03am
KINGRV1 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
this is the same "useless" bike rookie cooper webb is ripping on and even pulled a holeshot on. hmm..
You need to turn your sarcasm meter on man.
newmann
6/10/2013 6:43am
Sheriff245 wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
You need to turn your sarcasm meter on man.
He's not the only one....Smile

I never said it was useless, just an old design. Meaning that there are a lot of new leftover ones at the dealers that could be purchased cheap. Probably cheaper than Eleven 10 could get 2013 models for even with their "support" from Yamaha. I personally like carbureted bikes, at least when there is enough room to get in their and work on the things. I just can't see where fuel injection on dirt bikes has made the racing any "better".

Eleven 10 knew what they were signing up for with Yamaha and it was obviously better than what anyone else was offering. They also knew that there was a new YZ250F just around the corner and getting their foot in the door might lead to bigger and better things. What everyone seems to forget is that this is a small shop with a guy that builds fast dirt bike engines. There's not a whole hell of a lot of money in that, let alone enough to field a race team. I know how many hours I have to put in to keep my little business going good and there damn sure isn't enough money floating around for me to put a race team out on the road. I have a lot of respect for what they have accomplished. Their holeshots over the factory teams last year were quite epic! No doubt they might need to rethink the way they do things but there really is no easy answer without someone stepping up with a lot of money.
lumpy790
6/10/2013 6:51am
GuyB wrote:
I've heard more than once that Alex will be under the Rock River tent at upcoming races.
Could it be that the Eleven 10 ride details stipulated the riders was responsible for his own practice bike?

IMO Rock River is a BIG step backwards from Eleven 10 mods......at RR you are responsible for your own mods. At least at Eleven 10 you know the race bike is going to be fast!
newmann
6/10/2013 7:09am
GuyB wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Could it be that the Eleven 10 ride details stipulated the riders was responsible for his own practice bike? IMO Rock River is a BIG step...
Could it be that the Eleven 10 ride details stipulated the riders was responsible for his own practice bike?

IMO Rock River is a BIG step backwards from Eleven 10 mods......at RR you are responsible for your own mods. At least at Eleven 10 you know the race bike is going to be fast!
No doubt building a fast engine costs a hell of a lot more than buying a practice bike. Alex is a good kid and puts in a good personal effort. Wish good things for him wherever he goes!
BAMX
6/10/2013 7:23am
newmann wrote:
No doubt building a fast engine costs a hell of a lot more than buying a practice bike. Alex is a good kid and puts in...
No doubt building a fast engine costs a hell of a lot more than buying a practice bike. Alex is a good kid and puts in a good personal effort. Wish good things for him wherever he goes!
It isn't just building a fast motor that is the expensive part. They have to be constantly be rebuilt with expensive parts. From everything I have ever heard of Eleven10, he does it right. More power to any small shop that can build a bike that can run at that level.
35smom
6/10/2013 7:27am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2013 7:39am
GuyB wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Could it be that the Eleven 10 ride details stipulated the riders was responsible for his own practice bike? IMO Rock River is a BIG step...

Yes we are BUT we have resources thru RR that get the mods done. We get alot more than you know. And most importantly a way for Joeys bike to be at every race across the country. Add up just the fuel cost for this year. What good is a fast bike that doesnt have a way to the races?
He has a 250 practice bike...its blown up Unsure
I will say to those who may be reading this...Alex Martin IS probably one of the most fit, hardest working riders ive come across. If he was put on a stable, larger team with the resources for bikes and a mechanic he would be out front. IMO
Huckster
6/10/2013 7:40am
No clue here but just wondering out loud. Alex's parents own a National track. The kid works hard, trains and is a very good rider. IF he doesn't have a practice bike and its holding him back, wouldn't it be a wise business decision for his future to go out and buy one? I will never understand how aspiring pro's or mid level guys don't invest in their future? It would be like having an interview on Wall street and showing up in a pair of jeans and T shirt instead of going out and buing a suit......
6/10/2013 7:45am
GuyB wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:

Hmmmm thats not what I saw at RR on Saturday.
35smom
6/10/2013 7:57am
Huckster wrote:
No clue here but just wondering out loud. Alex's parents own a National track. The kid works hard, trains and is a very good rider. IF...
No clue here but just wondering out loud. Alex's parents own a National track. The kid works hard, trains and is a very good rider. IF he doesn't have a practice bike and its holding him back, wouldn't it be a wise business decision for his future to go out and buy one? I will never understand how aspiring pro's or mid level guys don't invest in their future? It would be like having an interview on Wall street and showing up in a pair of jeans and T shirt instead of going out and buing a suit......
Again Huck he has one. Its blown up. Hes practicing on a 450 right now.
nytsmaC
6/10/2013 8:10am
Speaking of the YZ250F, did you guys see Jeremy Martin out-horsepower Roczen's factory KTM when Roczen almost got along side him trying to make a pass? Pretty impressive, I expected that factory KTM to gobble it up and spit it out before the next corner but he couldn't do it. Not bad for a 12 year old carbureted engine design. I know Martin weighs about 112lbs but still, I was impressed.
Huckster
6/10/2013 8:17am
Huckster wrote:
No clue here but just wondering out loud. Alex's parents own a National track. The kid works hard, trains and is a very good rider. IF...
35smom wrote:
ok, so I guess the follow up would be why wouldnt he get it fixed? Unless he is perfectly fine with practicing on his 450 which would regulate this thread to the "Much to do about nothing" catagory like many on here.....
35smom
6/10/2013 8:26am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2013 8:27am
Huckster wrote:
35smom wrote:
Huckster wrote:
ok, so I guess the follow up would be why wouldnt he get it fixed? Unless he is perfectly fine with practicing on his 450 which...
ok, so I guess the follow up would be why wouldnt he get it fixed? Unless he is perfectly fine with practicing on his 450 which would regulate this thread to the "Much to do about nothing" catagory like many on here.....
Im sure he is not fine with practicing on a bike he doesnt even race. Waiting on the motor builder to fix it from what I understand. Its not easy. Being one place with your bikes, training and working on them yourself and having the builder being far away.

Post a reply to: Eleven 10 WTF?

The Latest