East NC tracks

Gus
10/15/2017 3:52pm
Hey guys, I'm east of I 95 in NC looking for tracks in these area. I've got a 6 yr old and was thinking about going and checking out some races with him. Thanks
|
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/15/2017 4:42pm
Join ccmx on Facebook. They are the local racing organization. And check these tracks if you are looking to ride.
If you are going to spectate they will charge $10 per person. If I was going to watch I would go to jimmy weinerts, biggest jumps and fastest riders.

What bike does your kid ride and how fast is he?

West craven mx vanceboro, sand track, has a kids track the owner is always there on the weekends and makes sure the track is prepared and watered through the day $15 a day

jimmy weinerts training facility, maysville awesome track, multiple tracks, maybe not great for kids but there is plenty of room to ride so you can find a track that's not crowded. Go on the weekend unless you have amateur national speed, they do classes during the week and those guys don't play. It's on the expensive side $25 a day it's 30min from the beach so you can make a weekend out of it.

Halfmoon mx Jacksonville the cool local track most popular on the race schedule, Good track but can be hard pack. doesn't get very busy and is kid friendly. I think it's $10-$15

5 points mx, never rode here myself

Cowbranch mx, fun track, on the sandy side but has a hard base, track prep is hit and miss. Downside is you have to buy a year membership plus riding fee. Jumps aren't easy for kids.

Black jack mx, never rode her myself

Beaver creek, this track is private but is built specifically for kids, ask and mention it's for a young kid and you will probably be given permission to ride. The track is built for mason raynor who is coming up through lorettas.
Gus
10/15/2017 4:57pm
I've seen the "sign" if you will for cowbranch on my way to work in Greenville. Sounds like your around the Carteret/Craven/Jones/Onslow county area? Webb land ! Haha

He's never raced, so for speed I d say he'd probably finish last in a race haha. He has a ttr50, he does pretty good. I thought about getting him a PW 50 maybe to race?? I dunno. We live on some land I'd probably benefit from just making him a track here. I've never raced, just always rode around farms and trails on XRs. With that said I don't know anything about racing, I figured I'd go let him watch a few and see what it's about. Thanks for the insight
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/15/2017 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 5:24pm
I'm in lenoir county and go to school In Greenville but that area is where most the track are. There are a few tracks back my way but they are either closed to practice or not taken care of.
Yep Webb land, jimmys was once called crystal coast and was webbs everyday training spot. His dads surf shop, action surf shop is about 45min away from Jimmy's in morehead, if your son becomes a fan take him by there. A pw would be helpful if he's doing good on the ttr more power help them stay up and make it up the jumps without coming to a stop.
There are plenty of riders in the 50 class all of varying speeds. Most are on ktm 50 jrs but are slow enough a pw wouldn't be a problem.
If you do a track in the yard build something with a few challenges, that way when he goes to the tracks the tall jump faces won't be so intimidating.

Good luck, check out the ccmx page and 5pointsmx.com for race schedule and info.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/15/2017 5:25pm
Also southern motocross smx page, it's the same people.

The Shop

Gus
10/15/2017 6:09pm
Thanks sounds like a good start.
Gus
10/15/2017 6:11pm
Thanks sounds like a good start. We're Webb fans, hence him on Yamaha. He was dead set on a blue bike.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
10/16/2017 3:30am
Beaver Creek is a youngsters paradise! Built for the little guys but big enough for all riders! Black Jack has the best "kids" track as far as the rest of the tracks go.

All Things Motocross page on FB along with the SMX page mentioned above are the best two pages on FB for local info.

CCMX has races at Halfmoon MX this weekend and then IronClad MX at the Kinston fairgrounds next Sunday!
DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
10/16/2017 5:58am
$25 expensive yikes. In pa,ny,nj the tracks are up to $65 a day
wasummer46
10/16/2017 6:16am
Join ccmx on Facebook. They are the local racing organization. And check these tracks if you are looking to ride. If you are going to spectate...
Join ccmx on Facebook. They are the local racing organization. And check these tracks if you are looking to ride.
If you are going to spectate they will charge $10 per person. If I was going to watch I would go to jimmy weinerts, biggest jumps and fastest riders.

West craven mx vanceboro, sand track, has a kids track the owner is always there on the weekends and makes sure the track is prepared and watered through the day $15 a day

jimmy weinerts training facility, maysville awesome track, multiple tracks, maybe not great for kids but there is plenty of room to ride so you can find a track that's not crowded. Go on the weekend unless you have amateur national speed, they do classes during the week and those guys don't play. It's on the expensive side $25 a day it's 30min from the beach so you can make a weekend out of it.

Halfmoon mx Jacksonville the cool local track most popular on the race schedule, Good track but can be hard pack. doesn't get very busy and is kid friendly. I think it's $10-$15

Cowbranch mx, fun track, on the sandy side but has a hard base, track prep is hit and miss. Downside is you have to buy a year membership plus riding fee. Jumps aren't easy for kids.

Beaver creek, this track is private but is built specifically for kids, ask and mention it's for a young kid and you will probably be given permission to ride. The track is built for mason raynor who is coming up through lorettas.
Great info, although slightly misinformed regarding cow branch.

The owner is almost always on location grooming and preparing the track.
Also there is no membership and a full day of riding only cost $20.
I was just there on Saturday riding and the owner never stopped grooming. Great guy.

I know you are in the eastern side of the state, but regarding your young son, NCMP in Henderson has many different options to ride on. Pee-wee, intermediate, trails and some options for you to ride with the main track and supercross track.
Gus
10/16/2017 4:31pm
Join ccmx on Facebook. They are the local racing organization. And check these tracks if you are looking to ride. If you are going to spectate...

wasummer46 wrote:
Great info, although slightly misinformed regarding cow branch. The owner is almost always on location grooming and preparing the track. Also there is no membership and...

I was just there on Saturday riding and the owner never stopped grooming. Great guy.

I know you are in the eastern side of the state, but regarding your young son, NCMP in Henderson has many different options to ride on. Pee-wee, intermediate, trails and some options for you to ride with the main track and supercross track.
Henderson isn't a bad ride from where I'm at, it's to the west of me but not to far. Thanks for the inside info.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
10/17/2017 2:47am

wasummer46 wrote:
Great info, although slightly misinformed regarding cow branch. The owner is almost always on location grooming and preparing the track. Also there is no membership and...

Yes, Cowbranch if open is always groomed...

Post a reply to: East NC tracks

The Latest