ESPN On Marv's Million

captmoto
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 6:07pm
|
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
10/18/2017 8:29pm
Saw that, crazy it took this long to post.
KDXGarage
10/18/2017 9:37pm
"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

"You're welcome that I crashed out," Tomac said.
NorCal 50+
10/18/2017 10:12pm
Cool. That shows the marketing value of the $1 million prize.
Sully
10/18/2017 10:52pm
KDXGarage wrote:
"Everything has to go perfect, and [Saturday] night, everything went perfect for me," Musquin said.

Uh, yeah, I'm sure that's what Tomac said...

The Shop

motomike137
10/19/2017 4:10am
Nice article. It is easy for the casual or non fan to understand except for the part about the "joker lane". Do we really need man made start ramps and joker lanes?
10/19/2017 4:42am
Nice article. It is easy for the casual or non fan to understand except for the part about the "joker lane". Do we really need man...
Nice article. It is easy for the casual or non fan to understand except for the part about the "joker lane". Do we really need man made start ramps and joker lanes?
Do we really need MEC?
10/19/2017 4:51am
KDXGarage wrote:

Did you really think Tomac would have 3 perfect races under pressure?
10/19/2017 4:56am
KDXGarage wrote:

Did you really think Tomac would have 3 perfect races under pressure?
All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
10/19/2017 6:00am
All he needed was one to make sure no one won the million, and he was well on his way to it before the red flag
He’s always well on his way before disaster strikes.
Donovan759
10/19/2017 6:02am
According to Ralph, anyone who's in front is always "well on his way". Pretty sure its the dudes favorite thing to say.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 6:12am
Donovan759 wrote:
According to Ralph, anyone who's in front is always "well on his way". Pretty sure its the dudes favorite thing to say.
Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ.

Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say was....Stewart, James Stewart lol.

Seeing has he hasn't lined up in a very long time he might have replaced it with something else like...quad. He's been saying that quite a bit over the last year or two.
Sideways
10/19/2017 6:18am
And after the restart? When marvin passed him and was pulling away from Tomac, was he still well on his way?
Donovan759
10/19/2017 6:22am
Donovan759 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ. Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say...

Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say was....Stewart, James Stewart lol.

Seeing has he hasn't lined up in a very long time he might have replaced it with something else like...quad. He's been saying that quite a bit over the last year or two.
Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races.
And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart" will forever ring in my ears... Dude could be first or last and Ralph would still get one of those in about 18 times a race.

Listen for "well on his way" this year. When someones pulling away out front you'll hear it at least 3 times a moto. Heats, semi's and mains all included.
10/19/2017 6:24am
CrGuy2T wrote:
2017 450 Motocross champion. What a disaster.
Flatliner
10/19/2017 6:39am
CrGuy2T wrote:
Jeez man.

I like Tomac but he’s melted down more than a few times, that’s all he was trying to say.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/19/2017 6:53am
KDXGarage wrote:

I'm not sure he'd say that since Marvin passed him
huck
10/19/2017 7:50am
KDXGarage wrote:

As Marvin replied..."I didn't see you crash, as I passed you and was pulling away"...
KDXGarage
10/19/2017 8:14am
Surely no one here thinks that Tomac crashing and not being in the second and third races was not a HUGE part of Musquin's $1,000,000?

If Musquon did the same, I think it would have been a huge help to Tomac.

Either one not winning the million after the other one crashed would have been the mega story of the day" this site.

How many seconds behind Musquin was Anderson each race? If you had a ride lined up with team white KTM and the guy about to won a million dollars was your riding partner, wouldn't you lay up? I'm not saying he did, but I sure would.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 8:17am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 8:19am
Donovan759 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure how long you've been around the sport but I'd beg to differ. Pretty sure his favorite thing to say is or should I say...

Donovan759 wrote:
Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races. And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart"...
Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races.
And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart" will forever ring in my ears... Dude could be first or last and Ralph would still get one of those in about 18 times a race.

Listen for "well on his way" this year. When someones pulling away out front you'll hear it at least 3 times a moto. Heats, semi's and mains all included.
Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or I'd be drunk on my ass before the main events start. Maybe before?

James didn't even have to be at the races and he'd still manage to drop his name during the broadcast lol.

Drinking game for the 2018 SX season

Have a shot of each time the following is said.

#Quad
#WellOnHisWay
#CantThank
#ForSure
#YeahNo
peelout
10/19/2017 9:18am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 9:18am
KDXGarage wrote:

Marv's reply to that shit comment

BobbyM
10/19/2017 9:31am
CrGuy2T wrote:
He broke under pressure which led to the shenanigans in Vegas then he cracked again racing for a million dollar payday at the Cup. Proof is in the pudding brother.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
10/19/2017 9:36am
CrGuy2T wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
He broke under pressure which led to the shenanigans in Vegas then he cracked again racing for a million dollar payday at the Cup. Proof is...
He broke under pressure which led to the shenanigans in Vegas then he cracked again racing for a million dollar payday at the Cup. Proof is in the pudding brother.
No doubt, probably would've thrown away outdoors also if Marv didn't take a knee and give him a nice point cushion
aroark247
10/19/2017 9:57am
The same people on here that say Dungey was so great and didn't get the respect he deserved for his SX championship this year, are the same one's who are constantly shitting all over Tomac, even after he proved he can win a big bike title.
Wilson116
Fantasy
1599th
10/19/2017 10:20am
I think Eli was fast but from what I seen it would have been a battle more so between Eli and Anderson then with Marv. Had it not been for the restart Marv would have had to earn that million but I think it would have been the same result.
toomanykaws
10/19/2017 10:34am
I was there. Red flag just killed the race. If that original first moto had went on. Not saying Tomac would won the million but great chance Marv wouldn't have. Saw Tomacs crash and all I could think was wtf this is Kenny all over again just hope nothing is broke. Like SX 18 needs more riders on the injured list. Love SX but the injuries are just brutal. Need slower tracks. Go watch some early 80s to mid 80s SX races. From lap to lap leads often changed.
Crashed you got back up and kept going. Didn't get hauled off in the Mule.
kNewc
10/19/2017 10:37am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:
Been following closely since about 2002 when my family got a cable network that allowed us to watch the races. And you're right. "Stewart, James Stewart"...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or...
Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or I'd be drunk on my ass before the main events start. Maybe before?

James didn't even have to be at the races and he'd still manage to drop his name during the broadcast lol.

#Quad
#WellOnHisWay
#CantThank
#ForSure
#YeahNo
He says these things much more:

"He's making a statement" (my wife even jokes about this)
"He's really pushing...*enter race adjective here*
"And here comes...*riders name here*

lol
10/19/2017 10:37am
aroark247 wrote:
The same people on here that say Dungey was so great and didn't get the respect he deserved for his SX championship this year, are the...
The same people on here that say Dungey was so great and didn't get the respect he deserved for his SX championship this year, are the same one's who are constantly shitting all over Tomac, even after he proved he can win a big bike title.
Lol yep.. it's just funny how the same people are singing a completely different tune 6 months later. After SX it was all about being there all season and not making mistakes. During the outdoors when Tomac makes a mistake the experts on here say he "choked" but when Musquin and Baggett make a mistake and injure themselves those same people just chalk it up to bad luck.. funny how that works. Silly
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 11:06am
Donovan759 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol I'll definitively keep my ears open for that one. By the sound of it, it might be a good thing that I don't drink or...

#Quad
#WellOnHisWay
#CantThank
#ForSure
#YeahNo
kNewc wrote:
He says these things much more: "He's making a statement" (my wife even jokes about this) "He's really pushing...*enter race adjective here* "And here comes...*riders name...
He says these things much more:

"He's making a statement" (my wife even jokes about this)
"He's really pushing...*enter race adjective here*
"And here comes...*riders name here*

lol
Gotta love Sheheen lol.

I honestly wouldn't know what he says I tend to tune out and concentrate on what's going on the screen.

But I have noticed that he uses some words a lot.

Like I previously said it might be a good thing I don't drink. The way things are going I'd be drunk by the semi's.

How long has he been announcing SX? Anyone know? Was watching an early-mid 2000's race not long ago and he was commentating.
Donovan759
10/19/2017 11:56am
I'm almost positive he started in 2007 on speed channel. And he came in like a freight train. Most annoying dude in the world. I will say, I have grown to love the stupid crap he says. #GoingForTheJugular

Post a reply to: ESPN On Marv's Million

The Latest