Wow didn't catch that one
088kawi
2/3/2013 5:10pm
94--95, they are close to each other
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
2/3/2013 5:13pm
Duuhhh..? 1, Duuuuhhhh..? B , 3, eleventeen...

At least he showed he had seven more laps in himLaughing
Blitz
2/3/2013 5:19pm
yeah, good eye but I wouldn't say its epic fail, just fail..soon he will be number 1 anyway.

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
2/3/2013 5:58pm
Ralph Sheheen is the biggest fail. Does he even follow the sport? Constantly calling the wrong name out among tons of other wrong statements!
GHR
2/3/2013 6:39pm
Motoxdoc
2/3/2013 6:47pm
That's not an epic fail. An epic fail would be if Diana Dahlgren, aka Double D, had a wardrobe malfunction and we at home didn't get to see it!
Triton
2/3/2013 7:16pm
My favorite was Ralph saying Marteeen was closing up on Davalos..
markc5pt0
2/3/2013 9:04pm
Triton wrote:
My favorite was Ralph saying Marteeen was closing up on Davalos..
My wife and I have been laughing at that all day. Still can't believe Ralph said that.
AUS_Twisted
2/4/2013 12:12am
"Carmichael is do.. that's McGrath and Stewart" Laughing
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/4/2013 12:21am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2013 12:53am
I'm waiting for this one, and it'd definitely qualify as Ralph's biggest on-air mistake.

"The guys who spend time talking about me on Vital MX are exceptionally intelligent, insightful, and could do a much better job than I do."

Smile
40Plus_922mx
2/4/2013 1:47am
Epic fail would be to bitch and moan about how we have HD SUPERCROSS and even freakin reruns a few days later. hahahahaha. So much dang dirt i dont know what to do whiddit.
ok back to work.
jndmx
2/4/2013 2:49am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2013 2:50am
Yeah I saw that on the broadcast and promptly shut it off I was so offended that they ruined my whole live supercross experience.
I immediately drafted an angry letter to the Speed network demanding an apology for this insult to racing fans, Ken Roczen, his parents and the German people.

How can anyone be expected to enjoy some of the best live racing we have had so far this year with an artistic mistake like that??

Said no one with a brain ever........
motoBRD
2/4/2013 7:13am
I think it just takes away from the professionalism and the image of the sport. It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster Jam. Sure, mistakes happen and that's understandable, but it's a professional broadcast team on a good network. Stranger things have happened (lights out at the Super Bowl...). It doesn't affect the racing obviously. If they have someone hired to do the art, it's a simple fact check similar to checking the numbers and brands that scroll across the top of the screen, and that didn't happen. Rant over.
jtomasik
2/4/2013 7:27am
GuyB wrote:
I'm waiting for this one, and it'd definitely qualify as Ralph's biggest on-air mistake. "The guys who spend time talking about me on Vital MX are...
I'm waiting for this one, and it'd definitely qualify as Ralph's biggest on-air mistake.

"The guys who spend time talking about me on Vital MX are exceptionally intelligent, insightful, and could do a much better job than I do."

Smile
What, you don't think Sheehan could be a comedian? With material like that, how could he fail?
jtomasik
2/4/2013 7:28am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2013 7:31am
motoBRD wrote:
I think it just takes away from the professionalism and the image of the sport. It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster...
I think it just takes away from the professionalism and the image of the sport. It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster Jam. Sure, mistakes happen and that's understandable, but it's a professional broadcast team on a good network. Stranger things have happened (lights out at the Super Bowl...). It doesn't affect the racing obviously. If they have someone hired to do the art, it's a simple fact check similar to checking the numbers and brands that scroll across the top of the screen, and that didn't happen. Rant over.
"...It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster Jam. ..."

No, the stupid macho announcer's voice on the commercials, the fireworks, the spotlight intros, and all of that shit make it seem second rate. Present it as a professional sport, and Sheehan making a blurb here or there isn't going to matter shit. Present it as a serious, high tech, cutting edge motorized sport. Don't try to turn it into Nascar. It isn't the same crowd. Don't dumb it down for the morons that watch the monster trucks or WWF.

I'm surprised we see so many threads bitching about Sheehan or Erin or some other benign incident, when the real problem is the marketing group for the sport are a bunch of money grabbing assholes that'll pimp it in any way possible.
dkg
2/4/2013 7:54am
motoBRD wrote:
I think it just takes away from the professionalism and the image of the sport. It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster...
Yeah, the Bloopers can be a little funny, but, they happen every where. Assuming you have more than one kid, have you ever called your kid the wrong name? I used to laugh at my mom for doing it. Then found myself doing it. I guess us humans just ain't perfect.

Now, what I'd really like to see is someone from here turn the sound off on the tv and do a play by play announcing without making a mistake.

Just a thought, why don't we all lighten up a bit on silly human error.
4mxonly
2/4/2013 8:00am
motoBRD wrote:
I don't think it was an "epic fail" however I can definitely see your point. Put another way, what if instead of the mix-up being Roczen and the #95, it was Carmichael and the #5? The number '4' has been a major mark of identity for Carmichael throughout his era of dominance in motocross and supercross... a mistake that surely would have made his stakeholders sore seeing a #5 considering his brand equity as an athlete property and the value he brought to his sponsors.
Hank_Thrill
2/4/2013 8:07am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2013 8:08am
I think before anyone criticizes the announcers, they must first upload a recent supercross race to youtube of their own voiced over commentating for others to enjoy on Vital.
2/4/2013 8:08am
I lol'd when they showed a Twit-Pic and Emig started stuttering when he was describing it.
RC responded "What was that Jeff?" poking fun at Emig's mistake
Emig fired back "Preperate, Ricky"
2/4/2013 8:09am
"Martin is trying to catch up to Davalos"
JeepnMike
2/4/2013 8:12am
jtomasik wrote:
[b]"...It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster Jam. ..."[/b] No, the stupid macho announcer's voice on the commercials, the fireworks, the spotlight...
"...It just gives me another reason to compare it to Monster Jam. ..."

No, the stupid macho announcer's voice on the commercials, the fireworks, the spotlight intros, and all of that shit make it seem second rate. Present it as a professional sport, and Sheehan making a blurb here or there isn't going to matter shit. Present it as a serious, high tech, cutting edge motorized sport. Don't try to turn it into Nascar. It isn't the same crowd. Don't dumb it down for the morons that watch the monster trucks or WWF.

I'm surprised we see so many threads bitching about Sheehan or Erin or some other benign incident, when the real problem is the marketing group for the sport are a bunch of money grabbing assholes that'll pimp it in any way possible.
I was really disappointed when Erin did that really interesting (sarcasm) clip on the rider intro stage with the screens and all to find out that the macho voice you are talking about was computer generated. The macho voice sounds like the Malboro man on his death bed.. Much cooler.

I don't mind the fireworks and theatrics so much, but the macho voice kills brain cells and definitely puts off a Monster Jam vibe and makes me want to bust out the high tops and tank tops.
Spartacus
2/4/2013 8:31am
I think before anyone criticizes the announcers, they must first upload a recent supercross race to youtube of their own voiced over commentating for others to...
I think before anyone criticizes the announcers, they must first upload a recent supercross race to youtube of their own voiced over commentating for others to enjoy on Vital.
I'll wager most here aren't getting paid to be professional announcers.

They are.

Somewhat different.
sc961
2/4/2013 8:55am
I'd wager that no matter who announces, which channel is used, what day and time the broadcasts are done, how many wardrobe malfunctions happen, not everyone will be satisfied and there will be mutliple threads at Vital complaining about something..
jndmx
2/4/2013 9:01am
sc961 wrote:
I'd wager that no matter who announces, which channel is used, what day and time the broadcasts are done, how many wardrobe malfunctions happen, not everyone...
I'd wager that no matter who announces, which channel is used, what day and time the broadcasts are done, how many wardrobe malfunctions happen, not everyone will be satisfied and there will be mutliple threads at Vital complaining about something..
This is one of the truest statements you will ever read on this board right here.......
yz414
2/4/2013 9:09am
Ralph: were getting ready to go waceing here in Anaheim! (Yes he said waceing)
jndmx
2/4/2013 9:58am
Spartacus wrote:
I'll wager most here aren't getting paid to be professional announcers.

They are.

Somewhat different.
I am......that's why I am not being critical.
fencepost
2/4/2013 10:06am
GHR wrote:
I say that every now and then and most dont get it. Cracks me up
Torco1
2/4/2013 10:29am
yz414 wrote:
Ralph: were getting ready to go waceing here in Anaheim! (Yes he said waceing)

Post a reply to: EPIC fail on #SXOnSpeed

The Latest