EMX 300 returns

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
From a Youthstream PR....

Following the release of the provisional calendar for the 2017 FIM Motocross World Championship, which did not include the European Championship EMX300 as a support class, it was bought to Youthstream’s attention that a large number of manufacturers, teams, riders, partners and fans would like to see the EMX300 championship continue.

Due to its increase in popularity over the last few years, Youthstream have agreed to add the European Championship EMX300 class to the 2017 MXGP calendar.

FIM Europe President Dr. Wolfgang Srb said, "I am very happy about this solution. The EMX300 class has developed very well and it is good for all of the parties involved that this European class remains within the FIM Motocross World Championship."
|

The Shop

newmann
8/1/2016 9:24am
a large number of manufacturers, teams, riders, partners and fans would like to see the EMX300 championship continue.

Imagine how much of an uproar there would be if they dropped the EMX125 class. Sure wish this side of the pond would catch on.
8/1/2016 10:04am
newmann wrote:
[b]a large number of manufacturers, teams, riders, partners and fans would like to see the EMX300 championship continue.[/b] Imagine how much of an uproar there would...
a large number of manufacturers, teams, riders, partners and fans would like to see the EMX300 championship continue.

Imagine how much of an uproar there would be if they dropped the EMX125 class. Sure wish this side of the pond would catch on.
"A large number" would imply many but not all. Yamaha is probably indifferent. All of the Euro manufacturers wanted the Euro championship to continue! Laughing
RG1
8/1/2016 10:51am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2016 10:52am
newmann wrote:
[b]a large number of manufacturers, teams, riders, partners and fans would like to see the EMX300 championship continue.[/b] Imagine how much of an uproar there would...

"A large number" would imply many but not all. Yamaha is probably indifferent. All of the Euro manufacturers wanted the Euro championship to continue! Laughing
Apparently Yamaha were extremely disappointed that the EMX300 series was going to be cancelled. I think they were a big part in keeping the series going.

That's what I was told by a friend of mine who races EMX300, on a Yamaha
roninho
8/1/2016 10:55am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2016 10:57am
I don't think Yamaha is indifferent. They are not spending a dime on this championship by the looks of things, and this championship promotes a product they sell (in this championship alone 15 riders who scored points on a yamaha).
I would think they would have no problem putting a bit of pressure on Youthstream to continue this, great marketing tool for 0 euro.

Anyway, great news. Don't think this serie will change the popularity of 2-strokes much, but it is a great serie to follow. Hopefully we'll get more riders of the level of Martens and Kras in the serie.
RACERX69
8/1/2016 11:07am
Great news!!! Glad somebody is listening for once. Hope Davey Coombs is taking notes!!!

Instead of doing my annual trip to Glen Helen for the US National, I may allocate my $ towards a USGP to see the 300 2 strokes rip it up.
RG1
8/1/2016 11:11am
RACERX69 wrote:
Great news!!! Glad somebody is listening for once. Hope Davey Coombs is taking notes!!! Instead of doing my annual trip to Glen Helen for the US...
Great news!!! Glad somebody is listening for once. Hope Davey Coombs is taking notes!!!

Instead of doing my annual trip to Glen Helen for the US National, I may allocate my $ towards a USGP to see the 300 2 strokes rip it up.
EMX is European championship. They don't race anywhere outside Europe
Gukamonster
8/1/2016 11:31am
Good news. I was surprised they created the series in the first place, then more surprised they announced it would be pushed aside after all the growth in 3 years. Really the 300cc bikes should be allowed in MXGP but this series is better than nothing.

Here are the entry numbers for each round:

Bulgaria - 12
Spain - 12
UK - 14
Italy - 19
Sweden - 16
Finland - 12
Belgium - 24

Average: 15.6 per round

Netherlands - 34
Spain - 23
Italy - 33
Sweden - 22
Czech Rep - 25
Belgium - 44

Average: 30.2 per round

Netherlands - 43
Latvia - 31
Spain - 37
UK - 43
Czech Rep - 41
Belgium - 43

Average: 39.7 per round
RACERX69
8/1/2016 12:09pm
RACERX69 wrote:
Great news!!! Glad somebody is listening for once. Hope Davey Coombs is taking notes!!! Instead of doing my annual trip to Glen Helen for the US...

RG1 wrote:
Even better, gives me an excuse to take a European vacay! Wink
brewrabb
8/1/2016 12:46pm
Good news. I was surprised they created the series in the first place, then more surprised they announced it would be pushed aside after all the...
Good news. I was surprised they created the series in the first place, then more surprised they announced it would be pushed aside after all the growth in 3 years. Really the 300cc bikes should be allowed in MXGP but this series is better than nothing.

Here are the entry numbers for each round:

Bulgaria - 12
Spain - 12
UK - 14
Italy - 19
Sweden - 16
Finland - 12
Belgium - 24

Average: 15.6 per round

Netherlands - 34
Spain - 23
Italy - 33
Sweden - 22
Czech Rep - 25
Belgium - 44

Average: 30.2 per round

Netherlands - 43
Latvia - 31
Spain - 37
UK - 43
Czech Rep - 41
Belgium - 43

Average: 39.7 per round
The numbers speak for themselves.
8/1/2016 1:03pm
roninho wrote:
I don't think Yamaha is indifferent. They are not spending a dime on this championship by the looks of things, and this championship promotes a product...
I don't think Yamaha is indifferent. They are not spending a dime on this championship by the looks of things, and this championship promotes a product they sell (in this championship alone 15 riders who scored points on a yamaha).
I would think they would have no problem putting a bit of pressure on Youthstream to continue this, great marketing tool for 0 euro.

Anyway, great news. Don't think this serie will change the popularity of 2-strokes much, but it is a great serie to follow. Hopefully we'll get more riders of the level of Martens and Kras in the serie.
It was a tongue in cheek joke. The GP's don't go to Japan and only the Euro manufacturers are still updating their 2 strokes.
RG1
8/1/2016 1:04pm
RACERX69 wrote:

RG1 wrote:
RACERX69 wrote:
I like your style
mmcmx
8/1/2016 1:09pm
Very good news indeed!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/1/2016 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2016 9:04pm
Wow! That's just plain awesome!
philG
8/1/2016 4:21pm
one of the things that is obvious in the paddock , is that the EMX300 guys are spending money with the vendors (suspension etc) and its another place to push product.. none of which happens in EMX150 .

Also 2 stroke sales are on the up, Yamaha has sold every 250 2t it made this year , for the first time in a long while and KTM , Husky & TM are selling well.. Beta cant make there 300 fast enough and can only satisfy enduro demand.

Plus it gets teams involved , who may think to run a guy in 125 or 250 once they have the infrastructure in place.

its a great decision, after a lot of people being very unhappy to drop it, and i hope it will maybe make Suzuki and Kawasaki think about there long term 2t plans...

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/1/2016 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2016 4:47pm
I get the EMX150 class, the "schoolboy" class of Europe. It is a great continuation of the Supermini class, and a great feeder to . . . EMX250. I get EMX250, the "A" class of Europe and a great feeder to . . . MX2 which is a great feeder to . . . MX1. I don't get the EMX 300 class. Where does the EMX300 champ end up? Back in EMX150 hoping for a ride?
slipdog
8/1/2016 4:53pm
RACERX69 wrote:

RG1 wrote:
RACERX69 wrote:
Look kids... Big Ben, Parliament!

8/2/2016 1:22am
Nice! The racing has actually been very entertaining all season and the gate has been full almost every round. Thumbs up!
philG
8/2/2016 2:45am
GrapeApe wrote:
I get the EMX150 class, the "schoolboy" class of Europe. It is a great continuation of the Supermini class, and a great feeder to ....
I get the EMX150 class, the "schoolboy" class of Europe. It is a great continuation of the Supermini class, and a great feeder to . . . EMX250. I get EMX250, the "A" class of Europe and a great feeder to . . . MX2 which is a great feeder to . . . MX1. I don't get the EMX 300 class. Where does the EMX300 champ end up? Back in EMX150 hoping for a ride?
But it isn't . nobody buys or races 150 Honda's any more, all of those guys in the championship would be riding an 85 the rest of the time, and most of the guys , apart from the odd one , aren't good enough on an 85 to get anywhere. Apart from the guys going for the win and a free ride, the rest are just there to say they did it IMO .. Honda wanted big bucks when it first came out, and with such a poor response , it nearly died on its arse , until they virtually gave the rides away.

Kids should be going 85-125-250 ..... The prize for winning the EMX 150 series is a fully paid for ride in EMX250.. the guy that won last year isn't old enough to ride in EMX250 yet , and the gulf between 85 and 250 is HUGE.... of course the ideal scenario would be a ride in EMX125 but Honda don't make one, so they cant .

EMX85 was a series , but costs to young riders are huge , and it basically comes down to who can afford to do it.

EMX300 was a Luongo idea, and after a slow start , riders and teams are starting to come. The standard has risen massively , and its a great race to watch. Guys who are aged out of MX2, and don't have the budget (or talent) to run MX1 have a place to ride, these are people who back in the day would have been trying to qualify for MX GP races , and are getting themselves a good series to run in as a result.

I would guess that Yamaha sold 50 times more YZ250's than Honda did 150's....

EMX 300 champ Samuele Bernadini rides factory TM250 in MX 2 , Marco Madii moved to MX1.. just because the rest of the guys are not names, doesn't mean the racing isn't good to watch, or to listen to
Bearuno
8/2/2016 3:35am
GrapeApe wrote:
I get the EMX150 class, the "schoolboy" class of Europe. It is a great continuation of the Supermini class, and a great feeder to ....
The EMX150 class is nothing but a "suck up to Honda class", complete with the utterly, Utterly farcical presentation of a Manufacturers Award with every podium ceremony.

That it's ( now ) a pretty good deal for riders and their backers, is a product of Honda wanting the limelight of a one make series. The ultimate example of Honda 'buying' a championship.

MBR here is a backer (sponsor?) of Emil Weckman, winner last year, and , he's not far off being the winner of this year's series. I wonder if he'll get 2 seasons of EMX250 backing by Honda out of it?

Here's an idea ( knowing that Honda are damned near certain to Never make a 2 stroke again). Make the EMX125 series into a 150 capacity series, and Honda can show their commitment to 4 stroke superiority ......... Come on Honda surely you believe in your favored ICE 'solution'?

No, fuck 'em, let them make a 4t 125, and let's have the FIM / Youthstream, and AMA Pro / DC and Co, stop bowing down to manfacturers, predominantly Honda, and stop this handicap class racing bull shit, in All classes, and in All forms of competition.

DC has his other series, with equivalency in XC2, that shows it's not the end of the world for 4 strokes, when Handicap Class Racing is not in force.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/2/2016 5:03am
GrapeApe wrote:
philG wrote:
But it isn't . nobody buys or races 150 Honda's any more, all of those guys in the championship would be riding an 85 the rest...
But it isn't . nobody buys or races 150 Honda's any more, all of those guys in the championship would be riding an 85 the rest of the time, and most of the guys , apart from the odd one , aren't good enough on an 85 to get anywhere. Apart from the guys going for the win and a free ride, the rest are just there to say they did it IMO .. Honda wanted big bucks when it first came out, and with such a poor response , it nearly died on its arse , until they virtually gave the rides away.

Kids should be going 85-125-250 ..... The prize for winning the EMX 150 series is a fully paid for ride in EMX250.. the guy that won last year isn't old enough to ride in EMX250 yet , and the gulf between 85 and 250 is HUGE.... of course the ideal scenario would be a ride in EMX125 but Honda don't make one, so they cant .

EMX85 was a series , but costs to young riders are huge , and it basically comes down to who can afford to do it.

EMX300 was a Luongo idea, and after a slow start , riders and teams are starting to come. The standard has risen massively , and its a great race to watch. Guys who are aged out of MX2, and don't have the budget (or talent) to run MX1 have a place to ride, these are people who back in the day would have been trying to qualify for MX GP races , and are getting themselves a good series to run in as a result.

I would guess that Yamaha sold 50 times more YZ250's than Honda did 150's....

EMX 300 champ Samuele Bernadini rides factory TM250 in MX 2 , Marco Madii moved to MX1.. just because the rest of the guys are not names, doesn't mean the racing isn't good to watch, or to listen to
Oh man, I totally misspoke. I meant the EMX125 class, not the EMX150 class. I get that class is just a paid advertisement. Sorry you had to write all of that!

I still don't really get the EMX300 class, but if the entries are growing I guess they're doing something right.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/2/2016 5:04am
GrapeApe wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
The EMX150 class is nothing but a "suck up to Honda class", complete with the utterly, Utterly farcical presentation of a Manufacturers Award with every podium...
The EMX150 class is nothing but a "suck up to Honda class", complete with the utterly, Utterly farcical presentation of a Manufacturers Award with every podium ceremony.

That it's ( now ) a pretty good deal for riders and their backers, is a product of Honda wanting the limelight of a one make series. The ultimate example of Honda 'buying' a championship.

MBR here is a backer (sponsor?) of Emil Weckman, winner last year, and , he's not far off being the winner of this year's series. I wonder if he'll get 2 seasons of EMX250 backing by Honda out of it?

Here's an idea ( knowing that Honda are damned near certain to Never make a 2 stroke again). Make the EMX125 series into a 150 capacity series, and Honda can show their commitment to 4 stroke superiority ......... Come on Honda surely you believe in your favored ICE 'solution'?

No, fuck 'em, let them make a 4t 125, and let's have the FIM / Youthstream, and AMA Pro / DC and Co, stop bowing down to manfacturers, predominantly Honda, and stop this handicap class racing bull shit, in All classes, and in All forms of competition.

DC has his other series, with equivalency in XC2, that shows it's not the end of the world for 4 strokes, when Handicap Class Racing is not in force.
I misspoke, calm down.
philG
8/2/2016 5:15am
GrapeApe wrote:
Oh man, I totally misspoke. I meant the EMX125 class, not the EMX150 class. I get that class is just a paid advertisement. Sorry you had...
Oh man, I totally misspoke. I meant the EMX125 class, not the EMX150 class. I get that class is just a paid advertisement. Sorry you had to write all of that!

I still don't really get the EMX300 class, but if the entries are growing I guess they're doing something right.
I demand you send me a refund of the time and effort that went into it....Laughing

All of this kind of ties in with what PIng has been saying ... if local pro's racing affordable 125's and 250's can pick up a ride off the back of that speed, without having to build a megabucks bike, that will bring people into the sport ... slowly but surely.

Here in the UK, the only growth areas of the sport are EVO racers, and 2 strokes, in MX , but Hare and Hounds type racing is going really well, and that is entirely dominated by KTM, Husky , Beta , TM etc.. big sales and lots of riders.

I only know 1 guy who has laid out $$ for a 450 this year.. the lack of sales has to having an effect .

Post a reply to: EMX 300 returns

The Latest