Dungey's Bad Break at A2

Outsider
2/11/2011 10:29am
Vazscep wrote:
Whoever you think I am, I'm not. But that's OK, you are obviously Stewart/Villopoto fans which speaks for itself. [img]https://coloradoright.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/barak_quote_idiots.jpg[/img]
Whoever you think I am, I'm not. But that's OK, you are obviously Stewart/Villopoto fans which speaks for itself.

Do you think RD will win Saturday?
Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
2/11/2011 10:30am
Vazscep wrote:
Whoever you think I am, I'm not. But that's OK, you are obviously Stewart/Villopoto fans which speaks for itself. [img]https://coloradoright.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/barak_quote_idiots.jpg[/img]
Whoever you think I am, I'm not. But that's OK, you are obviously Stewart/Villopoto fans which speaks for itself.

So you honestly believe that Dungey would have won both series' if Reed and RV would have stayed healthy? Funny how you didn't mention Stewart at all.... Not saying Dungey isn't fast, but has he ever come from behind and passed RV or Stewart? I'm a Reed/RV fan if that helps any. So in reality in looks like my "facts" were straight...look where Dungey is at in points right now.
Vazscep
2/11/2011 10:31am
Outsider wrote:
Do you think RD will win Saturday?
I think Dungey has the talent and speed to win. Whether he will win is an open question. Stewart and Villopoto obviously have a bit more this season.
Vazscep
2/11/2011 10:39am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2011 10:41am
Cody24 wrote:
So you honestly believe that Dungey would have won both series' if Reed and RV would have stayed healthy? Funny how you didn't mention Stewart at...
So you honestly believe that Dungey would have won both series' if Reed and RV would have stayed healthy? Funny how you didn't mention Stewart at all.... Not saying Dungey isn't fast, but has he ever come from behind and passed RV or Stewart? I'm a Reed/RV fan if that helps any. So in reality in looks like my "facts" were straight...look where Dungey is at in points right now.
Dungey did win both series. In the SX series, RV was there for the majority of the season. In the nationals, Reed was there until he dropped out after getting beat by Dungey at numerous races. It is not only misleading for you to say that Dungey won because Stewart, RV, and Reed were not there, it is dishonest since RV and Reed were there. Your "facts" are also known as "utter bullshit" since they are factually incorrect and easily proven to be false.

The Shop

burnside
2/11/2011 11:38am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2011 11:45am
Vazscep wrote:
You need a fact check. Last season, RV was there in SX for the majority of the series. When he crashed himself out in the closing...
You need a fact check. Last season, RV was there in SX for the majority of the series. When he crashed himself out in the closing rounds, he was behind Dungey in points. For the outdoors, Reed was there and dropped out. Stewart made an attempt to come back and Dungey kicked his butt. It's not only misleading to say that Dungey won "without RV, Reed, and Stewart racing...", it would be dishonest from this point forward to make that claim now that you have been corrected on your facts.
i know your hyper sensitive when anyone brings Dungey up, but it bugs me when people take Dungey's big point lead last year out of context. Yes he had the lead, yes RV made his mistakes, but after RV's 'gifts', for the second half of the season Dungey was not controlling that points lead in an authoritative manor. He was hanging on.

Now Dungey is in RVs shoes from last year, so lets see what the 'defending champ' can do.
Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
2/11/2011 11:45am
burnside wrote:
i know your hyper sensitive when anyone brings Dungey up, but it bugs me when people take Dungey's big point lead last year out of context...
i know your hyper sensitive when anyone brings Dungey up, but it bugs me when people take Dungey's big point lead last year out of context. Yes he had the lead, yes RV made his mistakes, but after RV's 'gifts', for the second half of the season Dungey was not controlling that points lead in an authoritative manor. He was hanging on.

Now Dungey is in RVs shoes from last year, so lets see what the 'defending champ' can do.
Finally. I started out with a compliment to the Dunge. But I agree, he was hanging on after RV was out. Now that he has competition he is struggling. Oh and might I add another reason that he might be struggling is because he is without the man this year. I don't see him with the championship at the end of the year.
Vazscep
2/11/2011 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2011 12:06pm
Vazscep wrote:
You need a fact check. Last season, RV was there in SX for the majority of the series. When he crashed himself out in the closing...
You need a fact check. Last season, RV was there in SX for the majority of the series. When he crashed himself out in the closing rounds, he was behind Dungey in points. For the outdoors, Reed was there and dropped out. Stewart made an attempt to come back and Dungey kicked his butt. It's not only misleading to say that Dungey won "without RV, Reed, and Stewart racing...", it would be dishonest from this point forward to make that claim now that you have been corrected on your facts.
burnside wrote:
i know your hyper sensitive when anyone brings Dungey up, but it bugs me when people take Dungey's big point lead last year out of context...

Not hyper sensitive, just dealing with Stewart/Villopoto fans who seem to get off on taking shots at Dungey at every chance they can, and discrediting his titles. You guys are obviously a bit upset that Dungey beat your favorite riders in 2010. There is nothing to take out of context from last year, Dungey beat RV plain and simple. There were no gifts that RV gave to Dungey, Dungey was every bit as fast as RV. When RV crashed at St. Louis last season, Dungey had the fastest time, not RV. RV caught up to Dungey because of lappers, and then to pass Dungey, RV stuffed him and took them both down. Looked to me like Dungey was doing more than just "hanging on" -- he was riding faster than RV. Dungey simple rode better than RV did last year. The problem here is not with Dungey, it's with Villopoto fans who can't own up to the fact that Dungey rode the better series last season.

Your last resort to discredit Dungey's titles from 2010 is to say that he is not doing as well in 2011, and that that proves that had everyone been there last season, Dungey would not have won. That's absurd. A rider can be -- for various reasons -- faster one season and not as fast the next. All kinds of various factors come into play from team changes, to bike changes, to fitness and stress levels. Dungey was on it last season and for you or anyone else to discredit that makes you look silly and desperate. It shows that you don't really have any ojective stake in this, you just for whatever reason don't like Dungey on a personal level. Some of the more honest posters here have admitted that. Other's won't admit it, but it is painfully obvious to any objective observer.
Vazscep
2/11/2011 12:03pm
burnside wrote:

Cody24 wrote:
Finally. I started out with a compliment to the Dunge. But I agree, he was hanging on after RV was out. Now that he has competition...
Finally. I started out with a compliment to the Dunge. But I agree, he was hanging on after RV was out. Now that he has competition he is struggling. Oh and might I add another reason that he might be struggling is because he is without the man this year. I don't see him with the championship at the end of the year.
Backhanded compliments are worse than straight out insults. He had competition last year in the form of RV and Reed. Is that really too hard for you to grasp?
Cody24
Fantasy
2673rd
2/11/2011 12:19pm
For half the season, yes. The entire season? No.
Vazscep
2/11/2011 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2011 12:35pm
Cody24 wrote:
For half the season, yes. The entire season? No.
WRONG! RV was there for more than half the season. 17 races and RV was there for 14 of them, crashing out at number 14. That's more than half. Reed rode 7 of 12 rounds in the outdoors. That's more than half, and by the point Reed dropped out, Dungey had a commanding lead in the series. Like I said, it's obvious you guys are not going to man up and give Dungey credit where credit is due and admit that he straight up beat RV and Reed in 2010, but you could at least get your facts straight before you hit the 'Submit' button.
burnside
2/11/2011 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2011 12:57pm
Vazscep wrote:
Not hyper sensitive, just dealing with Stewart/Villopoto fans who seem to get off on taking shots at Dungey at every chance they can, and discrediting his...
Not hyper sensitive, just dealing with Stewart/Villopoto fans who seem to get off on taking shots at Dungey at every chance they can, and discrediting his titles. You guys are obviously a bit upset that Dungey beat your favorite riders in 2010. There is nothing to take out of context from last year, Dungey beat RV plain and simple. There were no gifts that RV gave to Dungey, Dungey was every bit as fast as RV. When RV crashed at St. Louis last season, Dungey had the fastest time, not RV. RV caught up to Dungey because of lappers, and then to pass Dungey, RV stuffed him and took them both down. Looked to me like Dungey was doing more than just "hanging on" -- he was riding faster than RV. Dungey simple rode better than RV did last year. The problem here is not with Dungey, it's with Villopoto fans who can't own up to the fact that Dungey rode the better series last season.

Your last resort to discredit Dungey's titles from 2010 is to say that he is not doing as well in 2011, and that that proves that had everyone been there last season, Dungey would not have won. That's absurd. A rider can be -- for various reasons -- faster one season and not as fast the next. All kinds of various factors come into play from team changes, to bike changes, to fitness and stress levels. Dungey was on it last season and for you or anyone else to discredit that makes you look silly and desperate. It shows that you don't really have any ojective stake in this, you just for whatever reason don't like Dungey on a personal level. Some of the more honest posters here have admitted that. Other's won't admit it, but it is painfully obvious to any objective observer.
If* Dungey is not in the mix for the title this year and winning races, I think he deserves a degree of criticism from the media and fans. This would happen in ANY sport with any competitor in the same position. And rightly so, he is the defending champion for christ sake, he has a lot to prove. Don't sugar coat it.

And your anti-Dungey fan conspiracy theories crack me up. If you don't root for Dungey you love Satan right?
Vazscep
2/11/2011 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2011 1:00pm
burnside wrote:
If* Dungey is not in the mix for the title this year and winning races, I think he deserves a degree of criticism from the media...
If* Dungey is not in the mix for the title this year and winning races, I think he deserves a degree of criticism from the media and fans. This would happen in ANY sport with any competitor in the same position. And rightly so, he is the defending champion for christ sake, he has a lot to prove. Don't sugar coat it.

And your anti-Dungey fan conspiracy theories crack me up. If you don't root for Dungey you love Satan right?
You're an idiot plain and simple. That's fine, I can look past that but if you take a moment and look at the history of motocross, often times a rider is the best one season and second, third or fourth the next. David Bailey won the supercross title in 1983 and lost it in 1984 with essentially the same competition from the previous season. Jeff Ward won the supercross title in 1985 and lost it in 1986 and did not win the SX title until 1987 then lost it again in 1988 with esstentially the same competition. It happens, and what a rider does in one season says very little about what the same rider does a season later since there are so many variables. Last season, Dungey was leading the series after 14 rounds of RV racing him. Dungey was fast aggressive, often times had the fastest laps, etc. Now in only his second season, you guys want to discredit his 2010 accomplishments based on an entirely new season. That's why it's painfully obvious you are biased to a high degree in this discussion; a refusal to simply and without excuses and without a leading, 'but' give Dungey credit and admit that he beat RV and Reed and the rest of the pack fair and square and straight up.
2/11/2011 3:05pm
I was told there were teeth missing from the sprocket.
Then that explains this photo:
Weeks381fan
2/13/2011 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2011 2:32pm
Well I think we got our answers. RV and JS have horrible starts and Stewart wrecks twice. Dungey still can't get a win. Last night was his chance.

BTW, a guy named RC won title after title after title after title so yes if Dungey was that dominant he would be winning races this year. Face it man, he is not as fast as a few guys out there.

Post a reply to: Dungey's Bad Break at A2

The Latest