Dungey vs Tomac

jmar
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2015 4:31am
I guess we can put that to bed for this year.

I am not a big Dungey fan. But I think he proved himself to be the top guy this year.
|
RandyS
5/2/2015 10:27pm
I can't see that Roczen would have had anything for him either, you aren't going to beat a rider whose bad days are 2nd and 3rds.
ocscottie
5/2/2015 10:47pm
Dungey went from the "Diesel" to a full on "Machine" Amazing SX series for the whole KTM crew.

Bring on the outdoors! (where he is even better)
Canerat
5/2/2015 11:21pm
Not a Dungey fan either but he sure earned this Championship. Congratulations to both him and his Team.

The Shop

5/2/2015 11:59pm
Kinda showed that when dungey wants to turn it up again he can. I guess it puts to bed the talk of tomac having blazing speed that can't be matched.
ocscottie
5/3/2015 12:05am
I posted this in the race thread, sorta applies here to:

Eli has to fix all these small mistakes, you know what they say, it takes 3 years in the 450 SX class, next year will be his 3rd, he should be fully dialed.

Will also be Kenny's 3rd, its gonna be game on! James back, Marvin in, Seely maturing.
5/3/2015 12:09am
ocscottie wrote:
I posted this in the race thread, sorta applies here to: Eli [b]has[/b] to fix all these small mistakes, you know what they say, it takes...

Eli has to fix all these small mistakes, you know what they say, it takes 3 years in the 450 SX class, next year will be his 3rd, he should be fully dialed.

Will also be Kenny's 3rd, its gonna be game on! James back, Marvin in, Seely maturing.
No doubt, they can all get it done. Throw Canard in that mix as well, his speed was vastly improved this year.
Seamorbutts
5/3/2015 12:40am
Yep, with The Sources insight and PhilG's Know how "Team Dipshits and Friends" would be unstoppable. Those inferior America's might as well not even show up.
Fat Fingers
5/3/2015 1:00am
I think Vegas has set the scene for how outdoors will go. Dungey will be super fast and Tomac will be up there to but Inconsistent. The rest I'm afraid will be 30 seconds back.
JPT
5/3/2015 1:54am
Dungey was smooth fast and no mistakes. Didn't look like he was working hard at all.
austin888_99
5/3/2015 3:08am
Seems funny that people were saying Dungey would never be a top speed guy. Even when poto was here say dungey was 30 seconds back in a 34 or 35 minute race. That's not even 1.5% speed difference. At the speeds these guys go id imagine it would be easy to gain or lose that amout of speed or more with comfort issues alone not to mention refinements in their programs.
newmann
5/3/2015 6:24am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 6:25am
Dungey pushed all the "faster" ones to their breaking points. Put most of them on the ground and on h sidelines. Could RV actually have handled another year of Aldon?
adamdf
5/3/2015 6:34am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 6:35am
Dungey silenced the critics last night with another epic ride and straight up dominated. He proved that just because he is so damn smooth it doesn't mean he isn't going SO DAMN FAST.
dcg141
5/3/2015 6:58am
The fact that he is going that fast and didn't hit the turf one time is a level of consistency that has to get into the minds of everyone. I'm sure is probably been done before, but I can't remember it happening.
captmoto
5/3/2015 7:07am
I figured Dungey would have the edge as Vegas is really different from other SX tracks due to it's true hard pack surface. It has always been a throttle control track. It was amazing how Dungey pulled Eli. I expected Eli to charge after his washout but he really had nothing for Dungey.
Dungey also fought Eli on the first lap and didn't back off. I think that's all Aldon Baker working on his head.
Duingey also says the bike works way better for him that it ever has.
It looks like Dungey is the outdoor favorite to me.
pilotdude
5/3/2015 7:17am
ocscottie wrote:
Dungey went from the "Diesel" to a full on "Machine" Amazing SX series for the whole KTM crew. Bring on the outdoors! (where he is even...
Dungey went from the "Diesel" to a full on "Machine" Amazing SX series for the whole KTM crew.

Turbo Diesel
markit
5/3/2015 7:31am
ocscottie wrote:
Dungey went from the "Diesel" to a full on "Machine" Amazing SX series for the whole KTM crew. Bring on the outdoors! (where he is even...

pilotdude wrote:
Turbo Diesel
He for sure put a stamp (ups,:blinkSmile on this season Eli had a really good year overall though and did better than i thought he would. Hope the outdoors can stay injury free. Oh does this also put to bed the AL frame being better BS?

How about we leave it at SX champion (or Dunginator if you just have to have a nn, he was tagged with this long before) and put that diesel stuff to bed.Smile
philG
5/3/2015 7:54am
Still cant get laid huh...
daemon616
5/3/2015 10:09am
ocscottie wrote:
I posted this in the race thread, sorta applies here to: Eli [b]has[/b] to fix all these small mistakes, you know what they say, it takes...

Until he fixes his attitude it won't happen. Tomac clearly thinks he is better than he is. He needs to have a hard long look in the mirror for his faults and not blame anyone else. I just get this sinking feeling that he honestly doesn't own up to the fact that he is where he is at because of him.

Look at his mistakes. They're down right silly. Every time he's put himself on the ground was mostly having no one around him doing stupid things, forcing the issue for no reason, etc.

He needs to change and at this point I see no evidence that he thinks he needs to change anything.
5/3/2015 10:46am
How about you give some credit to Dungey's Parents?

I'm pretty sure Dungeys parents made it known working hard at this is alot easier than working hard like his Dad for the rest of his life.

Dungey is no dummy. I'm sure Dungeys work ethic comes more from Dad and Mom than an external source.

It's not like Dungey went from a nobody without a "trainer".

kawirider819
5/3/2015 11:41am
ocscottie wrote:

daemon616 wrote:
Until he fixes his attitude it won't happen. Tomac clearly thinks he is better than he is. He needs to have a hard long look in...
Until he fixes his attitude it won't happen. Tomac clearly thinks he is better than he is. He needs to have a hard long look in the mirror for his faults and not blame anyone else. I just get this sinking feeling that he honestly doesn't own up to the fact that he is where he is at because of him.

Look at his mistakes. They're down right silly. Every time he's put himself on the ground was mostly having no one around him doing stupid things, forcing the issue for no reason, etc.

He needs to change and at this point I see no evidence that he thinks he needs to change anything.
Who or what is he blaming then? He owns up to every mistake he makes, you can see it on his face after a bad race. Same look RC had when he knew he made a dumb mistake. He believes in himself and gets frustrated when he doesnt perform up to his expectations. Nothing wrong with that.
captmoto
5/3/2015 11:52am
On the broadcast last night one of the talking heads mentioned Tomac in the press conference saying that watching Dungey, maybe he needed to look at consistency as a goal as well as raw speed. Words to that effect. When Tomac figues it out he will kill everything.
philG
5/3/2015 11:55am
i think maybe it was you who drank too much...

On the flip side , i will be seeing Max in Italy , i will be telling him of your concern.

Is it the Outdoors yet?

h&m_cycle
5/3/2015 12:00pm
philG wrote:
i think maybe it was you who drank too much... On the flip side , i will be seeing Max in Italy , i will be...
i think maybe it was you who drank too much...

On the flip side , i will be seeing Max in Italy , i will be telling him of your concern.

Is it the Outdoors yet?

Max probably would take a beating over here till he got used to riding tracks like the Florida Turnpike.
Olson
5/3/2015 3:30pm
If someone is not impressed of his season they need to pick up a new hobby. He crushed the competition. The rest of the field needs to do their homework or they will be in for a couple of years without anyone else winning championships. He seems pretty much unstoppable at the time, his famous consistency combined with his work ethics, the raw speed and the new KTM will be hard to beat.
plowboy
5/3/2015 3:44pm
I could be completely wrong but I believe Roger sets the bar for his riders and then advises/mentors them on how to best tailor their particular skill set to reach expected goals. Ryan and Marvin just happen to be exceptional at accepting and exploiting Rogers guidance. Money in the bank.
Lucifa.
5/3/2015 3:46pm
Hmmm I just checked the scoreboard.
The Rock
5/3/2015 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2015 5:34pm
Yep, with The Sources insight and PhilG's Know how "Team Dipshits and Friends" would be unstoppable. Those inferior America's might as well not even show up.
Don't we get enough negativity on this board without you and keyboardwarrior introducing this well worn topic? Please give the us versus them thing a rest.

EDIT: If you guys were just joking around then I would apologize for my comment. The older I get the less sensitivity I have for negativity.
TeamGreen
5/3/2015 5:17pm
jmar wrote:
I guess we can put that to bed for this year. I am not a big Dungey fan. But I think he proved himself to be...

I am not a big Dungey fan. But I think he proved himself to be the top guy this year.
I think this battle will resume in 2 weeks.
Crush
5/3/2015 7:54pm
jmar wrote:
I guess we can put that to bed for this year. I am not a big Dungey fan. But I think he proved himself to be...

TeamGreen wrote:
I think this battle will resume in 2 weeks.
Definitely, but I gotta say, Dungey looks unflappable. That was beast mode those two were in and Dungey just did what he does, but better.

I think outdoors is gonna look Orange.

Post a reply to: Dungey vs Tomac

The Latest