Pulpmx Show Archive with Dungey, Weimer, Smith, Preston & more is up!

Matthes
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2016 7:38pm
Dungey, Weimer, Smith, Preston on Pulpmx Show Tonight

The Pulpmx Show presented by BTOSports.com and Fly Racing comes in tonight with host Steve Matthes welcoming in Kris Keefer from Dirt Rider Magazine as well as Michelin Tire’s Randy Richardson in-studio for the whole show. With the San Diego SX just happening as well as the launch of the StarCross 5, there’s plenty to talk about on tonight’s show.

Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey rode an awesome race to win San Diego. He had the 22 on him all main event and held it strong the whole way to take his first win and the red plate away. We’ll have Dungey on to talk about his race, his pre-season prep and the Wheaties box.

An early season surprise has been Team Tedder’s Jake Weimer. The #12 has been strong early on this season and in San Diego he charged from 11th to 8th at the finish. Weimer’s a show favorite and we’ll have him on to talk about the start to the season and what it’s like being Pulpmx.com’s number one rider.

GEICO Honda’s Jordan Smith led the 250SX main for a bit and ended up third on this night for his first career podium. The #39 Honda rider is on a stacked team and we’ll talk about his rides out there to start the season and how he’s now a fantasy football expert.

2002 125SX West Coast champion Travis Preston will be in-studio all show to talk about what he’s seen this far into the season, thoughts on San Diego, his job at Yamaha and whether or not he still talks to Bunny the Donkey.

Of course Fly Racing’s own Jason Thomas will join us tonight to talk all things moto as well as probably waffle on something.

Got a question for the show? Tweet @pulpmxshow and our guy Tallon will do his best to get it answered on the BTOSports.com Tweet at Tits segment.

We’ll also answer the N-Fab Question of the Day as well as read off some Race Tech emails. Our hosts will be under the gun with the EKS Brand goggles Tear Off segment. The Gear Alloy Cold Call is always fun also right?

What you’ll want to do is log-in to Pulpmxshow.com at 6PM PST/9PM EST and we’ll be streaming live and hosting a chat room. As usual, you can call in at anytime during the show to talk to the guest or the hosts at 702-586-PULP (7857).

You can listen live on your smartphone with the Tune In App by searching Pulpmx Show and listen live on the Pulpmx App as well.

You can listen to the show the next day on Stitcher.com as well as the Pulpmx App on your smartphone or iTunes for download. It will also be available the next day on Pulpmxshow.com.

Thanks to our sponsor BTOSports.com. BTOSports.com is your #1 source for motocross gear and accessories with Free Shipping WORLDWIDE. BTO Sports is your number one source for all of your motocross parts, gear, accessories and apparel. BTOSports.com is a motocross company who is truly dedicated to the sport and to the customer. Proud sponsor of your Racer X Podcasts and the BTO Sports KTM race team.

The PulpMX Show is also presented by Fly Racing. Fly Racing is the industry standard for motocross and off-road gear, as well as our hard parts and accessories. Also Fly Racing and parent company Western Power Sports are now a premier-level partner for the Lucas Oils Pro Motocross Championship. These are just a few ways that Fly Racing is becoming more and more involved in the sport that we all love. Check out what Fly Racing has been up to at their website FlyRacing.com and on social media @flyracingusa.

The Pulpmx show is also brought to you by X-Brand Goggles, FMF Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Hot Cams, Vortex Racing, Gear Alloy, Roost MX Graphics, KTMpartsexpress.com, Atlas Neck Braces, N-FAB Jeep and Truck Parts, Michelin StarCross 5, Ride Engineering, Works Connection, DUBYA Wheels and Guts Racing
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
1/18/2016 12:23pm
Great lineup Steven! Thanks for doing the show for us.

I'm really pumped on Weimer's first two races this season.

EcoSX478
1/18/2016 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 6:24pm
Steve,
Love the show and appreciate all the work you do covering our sport. That said, what needs to be done to help with the live broadcast issues? Switching server companies? Increasing bandwidth?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it costs money to do. Let us know what we can do to help. I'm sure a good portion of us pulp fans would be willing to donate a few dollars to help solve this.

Best Regards,
Josh
Matthes
1/19/2016 12:08pm
EcoSX478 wrote:
Steve, Love the show and appreciate all the work you do covering our sport. That said, what needs to be done to help with the live...
Steve,
Love the show and appreciate all the work you do covering our sport. That said, what needs to be done to help with the live broadcast issues? Switching server companies? Increasing bandwidth?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it costs money to do. Let us know what we can do to help. I'm sure a good portion of us pulp fans would be willing to donate a few dollars to help solve this.

Best Regards,
Josh
What needs to be done is me losing my crap on the our server company (Singlehop) who for no reason at all took everyone logging on for the first two shows of the year as a DDOS attack and shutting us down. Nothing to do with us. We use Adobe Streaming program, have the best internet COX sells for business purposes, lots of bandwidth, etc, etc.

Anyways, last nights show was great, no problems with server and archive is up.

Listen to it HERE or get it on iTunes, Stitcher, the Pulpmx app

The Shop

tprice07
1/19/2016 12:47pm
EcoSX478 wrote:
Steve, Love the show and appreciate all the work you do covering our sport. That said, what needs to be done to help with the live...
Steve,

Best Regards,
Josh
Matthes wrote:
What needs to be done is me losing my crap on the our server company (Singlehop) who for no reason at all took everyone logging on...
What needs to be done is me losing my crap on the our server company (Singlehop) who for no reason at all took everyone logging on for the first two shows of the year as a DDOS attack and shutting us down. Nothing to do with us. We use Adobe Streaming program, have the best internet COX sells for business purposes, lots of bandwidth, etc, etc.

Anyways, last nights show was great, no problems with server and archive is up.

Listen to it HERE or get it on iTunes, Stitcher, the Pulpmx app
Hey Steve, the show was great and I appreciate the work you do. I am jealous that you get to do this for a job while I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

That said, this last show someone was breathing into the mic. I listen with headphones at work so that likely amplifies it but I almost couldn't/can't handle the breathing haha.

Anyhow, still better than hearing the keyboard bumping and camera beeping that I hear on DMXS.
1/19/2016 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2016 12:52pm
Listening now at work... Made my day this morning when I saw last night's show was already up. Keep up the awesome work
Matthes
1/19/2016 12:55pm
tprice07 wrote:
Hey Steve, the show was great and I appreciate the work you do. I am jealous that you get to do this for a job while...
Hey Steve, the show was great and I appreciate the work you do. I am jealous that you get to do this for a job while I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

That said, this last show someone was breathing into the mic. I listen with headphones at work so that likely amplifies it but I almost couldn't/can't handle the breathing haha.

Anyhow, still better than hearing the keyboard bumping and camera beeping that I hear on DMXS.
When we have three in-studio guests, one headset can't be hooked up to our gate/threshold expander thingee (I'm unsure of the name LOL) and so you get that with the one headset. I've tried to adjust crap but I can't seem to get rid of it. I do know what you're talking about.
tprice07
1/19/2016 1:03pm
tprice07 wrote:
Hey Steve, the show was great and I appreciate the work you do. I am jealous that you get to do this for a job while...

Matthes wrote:
When we have three in-studio guests, one headset can't be hooked up to our gate/threshold expander thingee (I'm unsure of the name LOL) and so you...
When we have three in-studio guests, one headset can't be hooked up to our gate/threshold expander thingee (I'm unsure of the name LOL) and so you get that with the one headset. I've tried to adjust crap but I can't seem to get rid of it. I do know what you're talking about.
No problem, the overall sound is great just wanted to make you aware in case you hadn't listened back yet.

...now if I can get DMXS boys to move the microphone to a different table/desk/plane than the keyboard..my damn headphones pick up everything and all I heard is bump budubmp bdubmpbu dbump...snap snap snap haha.

I love both shows just knit picky me.

Anyhow, Travis has probably ordered a new headset/expander to eliminate the issue Smile
early
Fantasy
2212th
1/19/2016 1:32pm
Good show Steve. Congratulations on having Dungey as a willing guest. Good to hear Weimer's take on his season and Team Pulp. The old tire guy was hilarious and I learned some stuff about tires. Also, Talon gets a vote from me!
40Plus_922mx
1/19/2016 1:54pm

During the SX season the show used to "re-live" the last race in the form of opinions and commentary by Steve, his host, and guests. That was THE best part of the show in my opinion. In many cases they would break down the 250 race details and then 450 details. Heats, semis, lcq's and mains. Now they spend a few minutes on a couple topics in regards to the last race and then move on to regular content.
Maybe I am alone on this. Still appreciate the show.
early
Fantasy
2212th
1/19/2016 2:44pm
During the SX season the show used to "re-live" the last race in the form of opinions and commentary by Steve, his host, and guests. That...

During the SX season the show used to "re-live" the last race in the form of opinions and commentary by Steve, his host, and guests. That was THE best part of the show in my opinion. In many cases they would break down the 250 race details and then 450 details. Heats, semis, lcq's and mains. Now they spend a few minutes on a couple topics in regards to the last race and then move on to regular content.
Thats what the review podcast is for, full race rundown.
EcoSX478
1/19/2016 3:29pm
During the SX season the show used to "re-live" the last race in the form of opinions and commentary by Steve, his host, and guests. That...

enketchum
1/19/2016 3:49pm
The weekly Review Shows are my favorite. I love when Weege comes on and goes, "YEAAAHHHHH."

I like that Talon keeps playing the Tweet and Tits intro. I like that intro the best of them all.
KGAspeed
1/19/2016 4:52pm
Matthes, I'm just chiming in to say how much I enjoy the show. I wouldn't listen when Kenny was the co-host, but "I can't thank you enough" for the rotating co-hosts. They are all great.

Excellent work.

Post a reply to: Pulpmx Show Archive with Dungey, Weimer, Smith, Preston & more is up!

The Latest