Dungey Spot video from Saturday Broadcast:

https://youtu.be/Dkr4uMmWmb0
|
downard254
1/27/2015 11:20am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 11:20am
Awesome video. Man he's a great dude.
JM485
1/27/2015 11:26am
Agreed. It's funny how easy it is for some people to bag on a rider and talk crap over the keyboard, glad he doesn't let the idiots get to him. Now the real question is, what is his wife's username?Tongue
fidiot
1/27/2015 11:27am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 11:29am
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Dungey is doing it right. He will retire healthy and wealthy from the sport of SX/MX. The guy is solid. You never see him make mistakes like Roczen did last w/e. Dungey would have let up and gone for the double and finished the race on the podium and uninjured.

1/27/2015 11:34am
He says "Intensity and aggression are two different things, the aggression is there, it's the intensity that I need to bring"

It's actually the other way round. The dictionary definition of agression is "Hostile or destructive behavior or attitudes".

He has the intensity to consistently run fast lap times and not fade but lacks the aggression. Not sure why he thinks it's the otherway round unless he just doesn't know the true meanings of the words he's using. I'm not bagging on him, just something that stood out to me whilst watching.

The Shop

Wildeye511
1/27/2015 11:52am
Unfortunately being in the public eye will always bring either good or bad press. I don't think any one rider on the track is not wanting to pass the guy in front of him. Its a tough sport, that's why we all love it.....
Ing
1/27/2015 11:57am
Dungey is the Mans man. He'll become the Man when the Man retires. Dungey will be the new Man at the helm of KTM USA.
HenryA
1/27/2015 12:13pm
I guess that it's the right thing to do but man, Angry Dunge was sooo exciting to watch...
RandyS
1/27/2015 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 12:44pm
He says [i]"Intensity and aggression are two different things, the aggression is there, it's the intensity that I need to bring"[/i] It's actually the other way...
He says "Intensity and aggression are two different things, the aggression is there, it's the intensity that I need to bring"

It's actually the other way round. The dictionary definition of agression is "Hostile or destructive behavior or attitudes".

He has the intensity to consistently run fast lap times and not fade but lacks the aggression. Not sure why he thinks it's the otherway round unless he just doesn't know the true meanings of the words he's using. I'm not bagging on him, just something that stood out to me whilst watching.
It's actually the intensity he needs to up to get past people. He has the consistent pace to beat anyone but he doesn't up it when needed to make the pass the way RV and others can, it doesn't have to be aggressive. Essentially they are being used to achieve the same meaning.

So he says I need to bring the intensity, well no shit, that's the exact thing you just called the moto world out for saying. It was also funny that Emig then reinforced what Dungey just said, which is exactly what he just called everyone out for saying???????????

I like Dungey but I'm not as big a fan as I was because apparently even though he and Emig, RC, and most of the industry agree nobody else can say anything.
kiwifan
1/27/2015 12:59pm
I think hes the #1 consistent rider week in week out, solid and reliable, very rarely bitches about his bike just rides it hard
Jrewing
1/27/2015 1:14pm
I'd love for my son to grow up like him. Ace fella all-round.
Troy the old man did a great job.

I hope he doesn't change his racing style. He just needs to grab starts a touch better.

Cant wait to see how the new ktm is outdoors- cause he and shorty look good so far...

tprice07
1/27/2015 1:46pm
So this past weekend I went to an indoor go-cart track with my girlfriend. She started out in front of me and continued to block every possible place for me to pass her. Given the "power" that a girlfriend has, I decided not to stuff her....at one point I saw an opening to pass her around a corner and into a bottle neck type thing. She ended up forcing me into the wall at full speed...

My point, well I don't have one, I guess he should start racing go-carts vs his g/f. If he can learn to stuff his g/f he can learn to do the same to other riders.

...nothing against his g/f I know she reads this stuff...I don't think she would have any issue block passing a person haha. She seems "aggressive" in a great way.
1/27/2015 3:00pm
IMO Dungey's only downfall as a racer is he seems like he's too concerned with other riders liking him. He mentions he doesn't want to make enemies. Well sure, but you aren't out there to play nice guy. And putting a block pass on someone isn't a dick head move. I agree don't go punting people into the cheap seats, but following someone you're faster than lap after lap isn't getting it done.

Either way I can't help it, I like the guy a lot. He's a class act, I still don't think he's hit his full potential yet though. After watching him go back and fourth with Villopoto in 2011 I know he's just as fast.
gharmon
1/27/2015 6:39pm
It's hard not to like Dungey. He seems to not only be a great racer but also a great man, which is awesome. Good luck Dungey, I have no problem seeing you hold the red plate til the end!
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/27/2015 7:15pm
He would make a good Pope.
wreckitrandy
1/27/2015 7:16pm
He says [i]"Intensity and aggression are two different things, the aggression is there, it's the intensity that I need to bring"[/i] It's actually the other way...

RandyS wrote:
It's actually the intensity he needs to up to get past people. He has the consistent pace to beat anyone but he doesn't up it when...
It's actually the intensity he needs to up to get past people. He has the consistent pace to beat anyone but he doesn't up it when needed to make the pass the way RV and others can, it doesn't have to be aggressive. Essentially they are being used to achieve the same meaning.

So he says I need to bring the intensity, well no shit, that's the exact thing you just called the moto world out for saying. It was also funny that Emig then reinforced what Dungey just said, which is exactly what he just called everyone out for saying???????????

I like Dungey but I'm not as big a fan as I was because apparently even though he and Emig, RC, and most of the industry agree nobody else can say anything.
He didn't say we couldn't say anything. Only that, he'd like to see us get out there and do it. Seems reasonable. I've heard something similar. Lee Trevino once said,,,,'When I find a teacher that can beat me, I'll take a lesson.'....
phantom 662
1/27/2015 9:35pm
Anyone notice the contrast between Kenny and Ryan sitting at the gate next to each other at Oakland last Saturday night before the main event? If you were new to the sport and didn't know diddly, you might have thought the #94 was getting ready to box while #5 had already sensed defeat and was just going to accept it. You would have been dead wrong! One rider appears to have killer instincts while the other seems almost sheepish... gazing softly down the straight away. That's just one example of how someone might underestimate Ryan Dungey. However, I'm pretty sure you won't find any of the pros that race Dungey making that same mistake. Go RD5!

Mickolobe7
1/27/2015 9:38pm
JM485 wrote:
Agreed. It's funny how easy it is for some people to bag on a rider and talk crap over the keyboard, glad he doesn't let the...
Agreed. It's funny how easy it is for some people to bag on a rider and talk crap over the keyboard, glad he doesn't let the idiots get to him. Now the real question is, what is his wife's username?Tongue
I agree 100% with you. I would say he is the strongest mentally strong guy out there.
1/28/2015 4:00am
JM485 wrote:
Agreed. It's funny how easy it is for some people to bag on a rider and talk crap over the keyboard, glad he doesn't let the...
OK, I am Ryan's wife, and I am going to cut him off till he is crowned your 2015 supercross champ. You now will see a very Hard charging man.

Post a reply to: Dungey Spot

The Latest