Dungey

6/6/2010 10:11am
RV got all sore losered on Canard too.

RV and RD raced clean in the Lites class. Who knows why RV decided to get dirty with him this year and then talk bad about him.

Maybe the shy red head is an egomaniac attention whore since he got all inconsistent on the big bikes?
WideOpen
6/6/2010 10:15am
RV got all sore losered on Canard too. RV and RD raced clean in the Lites class. Who knows why RV decided to get dirty with...
RV got all sore losered on Canard too.

RV and RD raced clean in the Lites class. Who knows why RV decided to get dirty with him this year and then talk bad about him.

Maybe the shy red head is an egomaniac attention whore since he got all inconsistent on the big bikes?
Good points!!!
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
6/6/2010 10:24am

Dungey had to use this today!
observer
6/6/2010 10:26am
If RV did in fact say that crap(and I don't know that he actually did-haven't seen/heard it), then it would be disappointing, to say the least. No...I think it's more the fact that RV has been hit twice now with bum luck/injuries. He sits at home and watches RD5 roost around, knowing he can run with and(even though I'm a HUGE RD5 fan)in all likelyhood beat RD5. RV is, in my opinion, in the top 3-4 riders in this country-bar none. I really like his heart/desire, talent and aggression.
The guy is frustrated and tired of watching another guy, he KNOWS he can beat, run off with possibly another championship, that he should be competiting for(and very possibly WIN).
Does not excuse his popping off at RD5 though, if he did, but that's my feeling here...
I always thought RV was above all that bullshit...

The Shop

Outsider
6/6/2010 10:31am
observer wrote:
If RV did in fact say that crap(and I don't know that he actually did-haven't seen/heard it), then it would be disappointing, to say the least...
If RV did in fact say that crap(and I don't know that he actually did-haven't seen/heard it), then it would be disappointing, to say the least. No...I think it's more the fact that RV has been hit twice now with bum luck/injuries. He sits at home and watches RD5 roost around, knowing he can run with and(even though I'm a HUGE RD5 fan)in all likelyhood beat RD5. RV is, in my opinion, in the top 3-4 riders in this country-bar none. I really like his heart/desire, talent and aggression.
The guy is frustrated and tired of watching another guy, he KNOWS he can beat, run off with possibly another championship, that he should be competiting for(and very possibly WIN).
Does not excuse his popping off at RD5 though, if he did, but that's my feeling here...
I always thought RV was above all that bullshit...
X2
WR5
6/6/2010 10:33am
First of all Is not RD5 fault that RV`s injured and miss the outdoor season, Im a fan of Rv an is a shame that he run his mouth like that (ala CP377) RC never sey that wen he missed a championship season MX or SX, not even JS7 say that!
Outsider
6/6/2010 10:38am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2010 10:39am
Where can we hear RV's comments? I didn't hear them.

edit: nevermind found it
calimxer91
6/6/2010 10:39am
If im Dungey and in the Points lead big time and RV comes back,Im doin a "pick up pass" on RV making sure to hit his foot.Some riders need to shut up and get it done on the track.
Masonry
6/6/2010 10:40am
Pourcel lost the championship on a mechanical DNF so I can see why he was pissed. Villopoto lost on his own mistakes despite being faster. Dungey is a fast rider who is definitely winning these championships with a bit of luck. That's all part of the game though.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
6/6/2010 10:45am
How would RV feel if Dungey responded to his comments by saying "well, maybe if he hadn't rode over his head trying to beat me he wouldn't have crashed and broke his leg."
observer
6/6/2010 10:47am
Masonry wrote:
Pourcel lost the championship on a mechanical DNF so I can see why he was pissed. Villopoto lost on his own mistakes despite being faster. Dungey...
Pourcel lost the championship on a mechanical DNF so I can see why he was pissed. Villopoto lost on his own mistakes despite being faster. Dungey is a fast rider who is definitely winning these championships with a bit of luck. That's all part of the game though.
Yep..
Outsider
6/6/2010 11:00am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:21pm
FGR01 wrote:
How would RV feel if Dungey responded to his comments by saying "well, maybe if he hadn't rode over his head trying to beat me he...
How would RV feel if Dungey responded to his comments by saying "well, maybe if he hadn't rode over his head trying to beat me he wouldn't have crashed and broke his leg."
Probably wouldn't like that, but, let's not forget something.

Last year RV stomped everybody at Glen Helen, and then had to drop out due to an EXISTING INJURY. That has to be a bummer.

Then, he crashed himself out of SX (AND ANOTHER MX SERIES) on a jump that the riders, Chad Reed in particular, had said before hand was unsafe.

sc961
6/6/2010 6:53pm
The only thing people will remember 5 years from now, is who had the number 1 plate.

RV feels a few of those plates should have been his. He may be right, but until he can finish out a season on top with the big bikes, no other talking will make a difference.

There are a lot of fast riders that never win a championship. For those that think Dungey is lucky, no amount of winning will change that outlook and attitude. He'll just keep winning, and the rest will continue doubting.

I don't think he'll lose any sleep over it.
scooter5002
6/6/2010 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2010 8:00pm
Read an interview with RV and he said something to effect of " Dungey has already had 9000 strokes of luck" Luck?! Was winning a 250 SX and MX title as well as MXDN on a 450 LUCK?!?! Please! A case of sour grapes if I ever heard one. From the 3rd or 4th race into the SX battle RV was clearly the faster rider, and I'm a Dungey fan.That title was RV's to lose, and he did. His judgement cost him the title when he crashed and no-one had a gun to his head to jump that triple with a bad approach. He made an aggressive pass on Dungey and wanted to gap him to be sure there would be no reprisal. It was a costly choice when he could have ridden his own race, and with a couple of rounds to go, there was time to duel out the championship. Worse, we as fans got robbed of a great battle. Let me add though, I WAS an RV fan(is it ok to root for 2 guys?)until he threw away his title chances and THEN I read his comments. Sorry RV, you just dropped a couple of notches there. Like he cares what I think.
Outsider
6/6/2010 8:13pm
Read an interview with RV and he said something to effect of " Dungey has already had 9000 strokes of luck" Luck?! Was winning a 250...
Read an interview with RV and he said something to effect of " Dungey has already had 9000 strokes of luck" Luck?! Was winning a 250 SX and MX title as well as MXDN on a 450 LUCK?!?! Please! A case of sour grapes if I ever heard one. From the 3rd or 4th race into the SX battle RV was clearly the faster rider, and I'm a Dungey fan.That title was RV's to lose, and he did. His judgement cost him the title when he crashed and no-one had a gun to his head to jump that triple with a bad approach. He made an aggressive pass on Dungey and wanted to gap him to be sure there would be no reprisal. It was a costly choice when he could have ridden his own race, and with a couple of rounds to go, there was time to duel out the championship. Worse, we as fans got robbed of a great battle. Let me add though, I WAS an RV fan(is it ok to root for 2 guys?)until he threw away his title chances and THEN I read his comments. Sorry RV, you just dropped a couple of notches there. Like he cares what I think.

When RV comes back and starts winning again, the bandwagoneers will be in full effect.

All due respect to Dungey as a racer, just a bit tired of the "superpumped" deal. And he has had a good run of luck, that is the truth.

I'm an RV fan, charges hard and says what he thinks.
6/6/2010 8:53pm
Read an interview with RV and he said something to effect of " Dungey has already had 9000 strokes of luck" Luck?! Was winning a 250...
Outsider wrote:
When RV comes back and starts winning again, the bandwagoneers will be in full effect. All due respect to Dungey as a racer, just a bit...

When RV comes back and starts winning again, the bandwagoneers will be in full effect.

All due respect to Dungey as a racer, just a bit tired of the "superpumped" deal. And he has had a good run of luck, that is the truth.

I'm an RV fan, charges hard and says what he thinks.
Was it luck that he went 1-1 this past weekend? Dungey has beat pretty much everyone out there, don't you think that is more than just luck?
Outsider
6/7/2010 7:53am
Was it luck that he went 1-1 this past weekend? Dungey has beat pretty much everyone out there, don't you think that is more than just...
Was it luck that he went 1-1 this past weekend? Dungey has beat pretty much everyone out there, don't you think that is more than just luck?
Nope, Dungey rode awesome and won. I have nothing against the kid, he's on fire right now.

When I said he had some luck, it was regarding what RV's comments, Pourcel's DNF, Stewart and Reed both out early on, RV crashing out. Maybe it should have been, "he's had some stuff go his way".

It's racing though, and you got to be in it, to win it, and he has. Good on Dungey.
JustMX
6/7/2010 8:23am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:21pm

RC was written off as a has-been several times when JS was making the big bike jump, but the #1 plates kept piling up anyway.

JS made a lot of risky moves and never seemed to understand you go to each race, not neccessarily to win just the battle, but to win the war.

Seems like RD & RV are similar to their respective mentors
Racer92
6/7/2010 8:26am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:21pm
Was it luck that he went 1-1 this past weekend? Dungey has beat pretty much everyone out there, don't you think that is more than just...
>30 second gap on 2nd place was not luck.
Outsider
6/7/2010 8:27am
JustMX wrote:
RC was written off as a has-been several times when JS was making the big bike jump, but the #1 plates kept piling up anyway. JS...

RC was written off as a has-been several times when JS was making the big bike jump, but the #1 plates kept piling up anyway.

JS made a lot of risky moves and never seemed to understand you go to each race, not neccessarily to win just the battle, but to win the war.

Seems like RD & RV are similar to their respective mentors
JS is RV's mentor?

RV has crashed himself out for the year once so far in the 450 class. Not sure we can compare him to JS.

RC used to ride completely out of control, but, got away with it. When he did crash, he didn't seem to get hurt very often.
sc961
6/7/2010 8:38am
All the top riders in these discussions are fast, no question.

They have all seen their fair share of luck over the years to get where they are today.

Just a few are smart enough to prepare mentally and physically to win multiple championships over the long haul.

Over time, the history books will put these discussions to bed. Til then, type away.
txmxer
6/7/2010 9:08am
If you look back over RC's career, there are several championships he won that could be picked apart. His first championship over KW would be just one that could be hashed out.

Bottom line is RD has won these championships. The other guys that were supposed to battle for the titles didn't, but they each think they could have or should have won it. That's the way it's supposed to be. I want 2, 3 or more guys to each believe the title is theirs and to ride like they are in it to win it.

There reasoning may be flawed from a purely logical standpoint because coulda, shoulda, woulda means nothing in the record books, but, it's great to know these guys have championship winning mentality.
DanDunes818
6/7/2010 9:15am
I listened to the podcast last night and RV didn't say that much about RD. Guys in this thread made it sound a lot worse than it was. All RV said was he thought he had him covered for the sx title before he got hurt. Which I agree with. And RV talked about being very surprised with RD's ride at Hangtown, And really guys who wasn't? Weege kept trying to get RV to say more about RD but RV seemed to change the subject.. RV is just one of those guys that says exactly whats on his mind and sometimes that comes off wrong.
6/7/2010 10:09am
You could hear the envy boiling out of RV when they asked him about Dungey. I think he is propbably just pissed that he isn't the guy right now and dealing with the frustration of the injury is enough to test one's character, but to downplay Dungey and his accomplishments just makes him sound like a butt hurt loser. Get well soon RV I'd rather see you do your talking on the track.
dlhamblin
6/7/2010 10:25am
Anyone know why RV gave Dungey such a razzing in the RX post Hangtown podcast? Other than being competitors for the SX title, I didn't know...
Anyone know why RV gave Dungey such a razzing in the RX post Hangtown podcast? Other than being competitors for the SX title, I didn't know they had a history. RV's comments signaled a contempt almost on par with his comments about Alessi, which at least have some back history explaining it.
Maybe Dungey heard it, it lit a fire and Dungey's 1-1 this weekend is the result.

It does sound a bit like sour grapes; surprising from RV??
sc961
6/7/2010 11:54am
txmxer wrote:
If you look back over RC's career, there are several championships he won that could be picked apart. His first championship over KW would be just...
If you look back over RC's career, there are several championships he won that could be picked apart. His first championship over KW would be just one that could be hashed out.

Bottom line is RD has won these championships. The other guys that were supposed to battle for the titles didn't, but they each think they could have or should have won it. That's the way it's supposed to be. I want 2, 3 or more guys to each believe the title is theirs and to ride like they are in it to win it.

There reasoning may be flawed from a purely logical standpoint because coulda, shoulda, woulda means nothing in the record books, but, it's great to know these guys have championship winning mentality.
Well said, tx.

Post a reply to: Dungey

The Latest