Dungey

WR5
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:01am
How about this guy his fitness in the texas heat, have good starts battle out and check out, look out for #5!!
|
Bucky Wheat
6/5/2010 5:51pm
He was obviously just sandbagging the first round to get everybody talking. Laughing
DanDunes818
6/5/2010 6:09pm
Never doubted him for a second. I've always thought he'd be in the title hunt and last week didn't change that at all. Although I also didn't think he'd come out and wax the field in both motos today like he did either. Both motos were amazing. In moto 1 from lap 2 thru 15 every lap was a 2:07 2"08 or 2:09 wih his fastest being a 2:07.. In fact lap 11-15 when he was locking down the moto every lap was 2:09. He just consistently clicked off solid laps while the rest of the field faded.

To put in in perspective BT101 had the fastest lap of the moto at 2:06 but he was running 2:11 2:12 and 2:13 from laps11-15 while RD was running the 07's 08's and 09's.

Pretty damn impressive.
Ing
6/5/2010 6:29pm
Never doubted him for a second. I've always thought he'd be in the title hunt and last week didn't change that at all. Although I also...
Never doubted him for a second. I've always thought he'd be in the title hunt and last week didn't change that at all. Although I also didn't think he'd come out and wax the field in both motos today like he did either. Both motos were amazing. In moto 1 from lap 2 thru 15 every lap was a 2:07 2"08 or 2:09 wih his fastest being a 2:07.. In fact lap 11-15 when he was locking down the moto every lap was 2:09. He just consistently clicked off solid laps while the rest of the field faded.

To put in in perspective BT101 had the fastest lap of the moto at 2:06 but he was running 2:11 2:12 and 2:13 from laps11-15 while RD was running the 07's 08's and 09's.

Pretty damn impressive.
My exact sentiments.

The Shop

6/5/2010 9:37pm
Desire.

Not fitness.

Kid ain't playin'. He's takin' the shit RC tell's him real serious.

And RC is tellin' him what?

"You're just as fast and they are all bitches. Now go to the line and get a start"

It's real simple shit.
JKurz
6/5/2010 9:43pm
He's got the number 1 plate........SOON
JKurz
6/5/2010 9:43pm
Will be funny if Bubba races and wins the last 4 nationals though! hehe
observer
6/5/2010 10:58pm
If anybody beats Ryan, it won't be because of his conditioning.
He has seen to that...
old mold
6/6/2010 2:27am
It's amazing how they went from mid pack one week to a 1-1 the next race. even the priveteers on zuks looked good. on the otherhand alessis bike looked like the suspension setup was off a mile, he was getting kicked bad...
Mrtf
6/6/2010 2:42am
in second moto he was lycky that Mike fell
and dungey and the rest of the field are lucky that RV aint racing
Racer92
6/6/2010 6:15am
Mrtf wrote:
Youre on crack, that fall didnt change anything. The end result wouldve been the same regardless.
6/6/2010 6:31am
Dungey is a badass for sure! He is definitely on top of his game right now. After the 1st round showing he had a lot to prove. He doesn't look like the old crack under pressure Dungey anymore...he showed up yesterday and I gotta say it was awesome watching him stick it to everyone. And I am by no means a Dungey fan but he is quickly winning me over.
bobby397
6/6/2010 6:36am
JKurz wrote:
Will be funny if Bubba races and wins the last 4 nationals though! hehe
Bubba won't show....and it ain't gonna be about the wrist.
you are right! bubba's next excuse will be he doesnt have a contract signed yet.....
WideOpen
6/6/2010 7:24am
Mrtf wrote:
RV needs to heal up and prove he can race a full series. So far he is 0-3 in series completed on the 450. The 450 is kicking RV's ass. Dungey not so much!!!!!!.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/6/2010 8:05am
Anyone know why RV gave Dungey such a razzing in the RX post Hangtown podcast? Other than being competitors for the SX title, I didn't know they had a history. RV's comments signaled a contempt almost on par with his comments about Alessi, which at least have some back history explaining it.
Masonry
6/6/2010 8:15am
Anyone know why RV gave Dungey such a razzing in the RX post Hangtown podcast? Other than being competitors for the SX title, I didn't know...
Anyone know why RV gave Dungey such a razzing in the RX post Hangtown podcast? Other than being competitors for the SX title, I didn't know they had a history. RV's comments signaled a contempt almost on par with his comments about Alessi, which at least have some back history explaining it.
Would you agree with RV that Dungey has been fairly fortunate for the last year and a half?
Huckster
6/6/2010 8:18am
Anyone know why RV gave Dungey such a razzing in the RX post Hangtown podcast? Other than being competitors for the SX title, I didn't know...
Masonry wrote:
Would you agree with RV that Dungey has been fairly fortunate for the last year and a half?
NO. its called racing for a reason and you cant win a championship if you cant finish whether it be mechanical or physical.
Masonry
6/6/2010 8:19am
Masonry wrote:
Huckster wrote:
NO. its called racing for a reason and you cant win a championship if you cant finish whether it be mechanical or physical.
Well that's not RV's opinion anyways.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
6/6/2010 8:25am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:20pm
Masonry wrote:
(A) Racers make their luck, good or bad.

(Cool I'm not sure why that would warrant the attitude absent Dungey running off at the mouth (which I don't recall.)

(C) You could say the same thing about the title RV took over Townley; Ben had one moto where he came from the back, after a first turn crash I believe, to 10th which was the bad finish that turned it.

There has to be more than Dungey being "lucky," doesn't there?
WideOpen
6/6/2010 8:32am
Masonry wrote:
Fortunate?? Please explain!!

swizcore
6/6/2010 8:32am
Masonry wrote:
Huckster wrote:
Masonry wrote:
Well that's not RV's opinion anyways.
I like RV a lot but using the same mindset as CP377 regarding almost-was titles is pretty unrealistic.
TerryK
6/6/2010 8:34am
Dungey's fitness is never an issue. Thew kid grew up racing and training in the heat and humidity of central Minnesota. Not to mention the fact that he wants it more than most.
bana0401
6/6/2010 9:53am
I like RV, but why did he join the sore loser club. Congrats Dungey is should be said.
Outsider
6/6/2010 10:01am
bana0401 wrote:
I like RV, but why did he join the sore loser club. Congrats Dungey is should be said.
Not saying it's right at all, but RV could have very well been on his way to a 2nd 450 outdoor title right now had he not had to deal with his knee issue last year.

Maybe he's just pissed, I would be. Again, not an excuse, we're all human.
bullpen58
6/6/2010 10:05am
It seems the bandwagon changes every week around here.Whistling

Dungey rode a great race!
I agree on both accounts. lol
6/6/2010 10:06am
RV thinks he would have won the supercross title had he not crashed and gotten hurt. Nothing wrong with that, but the truth of the matter is that the title was not a settled deal and Dungey rode a better series up to the point (and after) that Villopoto was hurt. Ryan Villopoto had a few races in the beginning of the season that were less than stellar. To take Dungey's accomplishments and downplay them is unprofessional to say the least. The guy has beat Villopoto, Reed, and all the other top contenders. That can only be passed off as luck so much before it begins to look silly.

Post a reply to: Dungey

The Latest