Dungey

RandyS
Edited Date/Time 8/9/2014 12:56pm
Good job, I've been pretty hard on him here in the past for not pushing it. I think today he gave it everything he had as he said in his 2nd moto interview. He's my odds on favorite for the red plate after Rd 12. I like Roczen as much as Dungey but until he proves solid for an entire full US series I can't say that I think he'll finish 12 rounds in first.
|
SKlein
6/28/2014 8:25pm
You could definitely see the frustration w/ Dung after that second moto. At points he's been there this year, but then it seems like Kenny turns it up a notch and pulls through for the overall. I think it'll boil down to the end with those two.
6/28/2014 8:55pm
I was impressed with the Dunge today. He made some quick passes and seemed aggressive and smooth at the same time. There is still a lot of racing to be had and I would bet more on Dungey's fitness and experience to keep him in contention but he is going to need to ride like today every race to take it. He did appear frustrated when you could see him in the background during KROC's 2nd moto interview but his head wasn't down.
shredder22
6/29/2014 1:44am
RandyS wrote:
Good job, I've been pretty hard on him here in the past for not pushing it. I think today he gave it everything he had as...
Good job, I've been pretty hard on him here in the past for not pushing it. I think today he gave it everything he had as he said in his 2nd moto interview. He's my odds on favorite for the red plate after Rd 12. I like Roczen as much as Dungey but until he proves solid for an entire full US series I can't say that I think he'll finish 12 rounds in first.
K ROC has beaten him 80% of the time and is very consistent, which is one of Dungey's strengths. I don't see Dungey winning this championship. I think K ROC is gonna go ahead and win his first of a couple 450 championships. Once RV retires I see Kenny and Eli winning the majority of the championships until AC and the next generation move up to the big bikes.
RandyS
7/26/2014 4:41pm
Just thought I should revisit this post from a month ago, think I'll check back in another month.

The Shop

zook11
7/26/2014 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2014 5:02pm
I haven't seen Dungey ride that fast since his Suzuki days, maybe ever. If he rode that fast and aggressive at the beginning of the season this championship would be over. That said, Tomac goes 1-1 at Dilla.
chrisbuehler
7/26/2014 5:19pm
zook11 wrote:
I haven't seen Dungey ride that fast since his Suzuki days, maybe ever. If he rode that fast and aggressive at the beginning of the season...
I haven't seen Dungey ride that fast since his Suzuki days, maybe ever. If he rode that fast and aggressive at the beginning of the season this championship would be over. That said, Tomac goes 1-1 at Dilla.
Said the same thing in the race thread. That was like Dungey 2011, where him and RV started 1-2 and he just pulled away. Unadilla should he huge. He's won there but never really dominant and never when RV is there. Tomac is a beast at Dilla too. Could really be the track that swings the title chase
chrisbuehler
7/26/2014 5:21pm
zook11 wrote:
I haven't seen Dungey ride that fast since his Suzuki days, maybe ever. If he rode that fast and aggressive at the beginning of the season...
Didn't see your Tomac comment. Agreed he goes 1-1. Where RD and Kenny shake out idk
IWreckALot
7/26/2014 6:07pm
It was pretty awesome to see Dungey do what he did given his grandad had passed away this weekend. It would be easy to let that distract you. Shows how dedicated Dungey is.

And I kept saying that one race bad race from Roczen isn't any reason to worry but this is 4 motos now. There is reason to worry. I'm a Dungey fan but I like Roczen as well. It'll be bitter sweet no matter how it ends up. Having said that, it's easy to forget the Kroc is still a rook so I think coming out with a second will teach him a lesson as much as winning.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/26/2014 6:22pm
I'd like to see Dungey win this one, just to remove all those stupid asterisks off his other titles.
SKlein
7/26/2014 6:36pm
14 points it is? I can totally see him putting a good effort in for the title. I know this week off will probably give Kenny some much needed rest, but if Dungey wants it bad enough I think Eli can throw himself inbetween to mix up this points. It's going to be a great finish that's for sure!
stewie94
7/26/2014 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2014 6:44pm
Radical wrote:
I'd like to see Dungey win this one, just to remove all those stupid asterisks off his other titles.
same here , he shouldnt have any asterisks at all , he showed up & raced all 17 & 12 rounds not his fault that his comp took themselves out or couldnt able to compete , but you know everybody has those types of critics
Paw Paw 271
7/26/2014 6:54pm
Dungey can win the championship if he wins all the last six motos and KR finishes 2nd in all the last 6 motos. Dungey would win the championship by one point.
RandyS
7/26/2014 7:02pm
Dungey is in control of his destiny, he has to win two or three of the next six motos(depending on tie breaker) and finish in front of Roczen all 6, that's assuming Tomac never gets between them, only in front or behind. That's not going to happen, Tomac is going to change it somehow. Tomac is Dungeys best friend or could be his worst enemy, today he was friend.
RandyS
7/26/2014 7:07pm
Dungey can win the championship if he wins all the last six motos and KR finishes 2nd in all the last 6 motos. Dungey would win...
Dungey can win the championship if he wins all the last six motos and KR finishes 2nd in all the last 6 motos. Dungey would win the championship by one point.
You posted while I was typing and checking my math. I don't see Dungey winning all six, but if he does and Tomac suddenly can only muster 3rds Dungey wins by 4.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
7/26/2014 7:59pm
If Stewart comes back strong that could help things for RD too.
7/26/2014 11:52pm
Radical wrote:
HaHa, Dungey doesn't have asterisks next to his titles, he has raced whoever showed up to race and now Dungey is at 51 overall podiums in 450 MX out of 57 starts, with 30 wins.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/27/2014 12:01am
Radical wrote:
HaHa, Dungey doesn't have asterisks next to his titles, he has raced whoever showed up to race and now Dungey is at 51 overall podiums in...
HaHa, Dungey doesn't have asterisks next to his titles, he has raced whoever showed up to race and now Dungey is at 51 overall podiums in 450 MX out of 57 starts, with 30 wins.
I totally agree. However, this will give him the respect he totally deserves with just about everyone.
7/27/2014 12:47am
zook11 wrote:
Yeah...historically...Tomac has not liked Washougal...but he loves Dilla.
hvaughn88
7/27/2014 4:39am
Radical wrote:
Who puts asterisk by them? Dipshits on vital? I don't care how "depleted" a field may be, the toughest competitor in moto is and always will be, the track itself. And dungey has always made the track his bitch.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/27/2014 7:36pm
Radical wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Who puts asterisk by them? Dipshits on vital? I don't care how "depleted" a field may be, the toughest competitor in moto is and always will...
Who puts asterisk by them? Dipshits on vital? I don't care how "depleted" a field may be, the toughest competitor in moto is and always will be, the track itself. And dungey has always made the track his bitch.
I agree there should be no asterisks, ever!
7/27/2014 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 7:50pm
Radical wrote:
I agree also; but I bet even Dungey (being the competitor he is) wants to win knowing there isn't a single "yea, but.." about it.

Ready for a hilarious analogy? I'm really sucking up my pride on this one!

The only MX race that I ever came in 1st place in, was held on the kiddie track due to the main track being too wet. Yes, I beat the rest of my class fair and square, but every time I look at that trophy, I know I won it on a kiddie track lol.. Doesn't mean I'm not proud of the accomplishment, but I know in my heart that I would've rather won it under more normal circumstances

(sigh) Laughing
hvaughn88
7/27/2014 7:54pm
Radical wrote:
I agree also; but I bet even Dungey (being the competitor he is) wants to win knowing there isn't a single "yea, but.." about it. Ready...
I agree also; but I bet even Dungey (being the competitor he is) wants to win knowing there isn't a single "yea, but.." about it.

The only MX race that I ever came in 1st place in, was held on the kiddie track due to the main track being too wet. Yes, I beat the rest of my class fair and square, but every time I look at that trophy, I know I won it on a kiddie track lol.. Doesn't mean I'm not proud of the accomplishment, but I know in my heart that I would've rather won it under more normal circumstances

(sigh) Laughing
Haha, that is a pretty funny story. I'm sure dungey's championship bonus check didn't have an asterisk, haha.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/27/2014 8:18pm
Radical wrote:
I agree also; but I bet even Dungey (being the competitor he is) wants to win knowing there isn't a single "yea, but.." about it. Ready...

(sigh) Laughing
Exactly! I bet money that Dungey doesn't like that some people discount his titles. I say the guy is badass and in it to win it every season, every race. I'm glad to see him step it up these last few races. If he keeps staying in front of Roczen for the next 6 motos and wins 3 of them, the title is his. If Tomac or Stewart get in between things are even better for him.

Roczen knows where things are too. He can't lose 10 points in one week again.

They will both be pulling all the stops.

On a side note, Tomac's fastest lap was 5 SECONDS faster than the 4th fastest. Absolutely amazing the pace Dungey and Tomac kept the entire race.

Can't wait until Unadilla Smile
TDeath21
7/28/2014 12:12am
He has always been good at Washougal. In my opinion, Dungey needs to get it within 10 after Unadilla to have a shot. Yeah Roczen has been a little off the pace lately, but I think when it's crunch time in the championship he will be able to step it back up.
fidiot
7/28/2014 5:44am
First of all, the only asterisks are in the minds of the Vitards.

I think Dungey is going to win the title. Dungey does not fade. He will be strong until the series is over. They don't call him a diesel for nothing. If I'm not mistaken, Roczen finished moto 2 almost a full minute behind Dungey!!!!!!!! Roczen is coming off the rails late in the season like is typical for him. I like Roczen. He seems like a truly great guy, but I think he is cooked for the season.
ehr400
7/28/2014 6:02am
I think Kenny peaked too early like he has in years past. If he loses the championship to Ryan no one can ever discount that Ryan has had shit delivered to him on a platter. On the other hand Kenny should be happy as fuck that Eli wasn't in it from the beginning. Either way I am sure Ken will have strings of excuses like he has whenever he doesn't win.
IWreckALot
7/28/2014 6:09am
fidiot wrote:
First of all, the only asterisks are in the minds of the Vitards. I think Dungey is going to win the title. Dungey does not fade...
First of all, the only asterisks are in the minds of the Vitards.

I think Dungey is going to win the title. Dungey does not fade. He will be strong until the series is over. They don't call him a diesel for nothing. If I'm not mistaken, Roczen finished moto 2 almost a full minute behind Dungey!!!!!!!! Roczen is coming off the rails late in the season like is typical for him. I like Roczen. He seems like a truly great guy, but I think he is cooked for the season.
I don't even think you can discount anything Roczen has done. The season isn't over quite yet but even if he takes second in the end, he's lasted a little longer this season than last season so he's improving. For a rookie, this is huge.

I've been a Dungey fan since he threw his pants out the trailer door. So I'm hoping he can pull it off. At least I hope this season is decided by single digit points. That would be the most interesting ending the series has seen in awhile. And you can't forget to thank Tomac for that because without him getting between RD and KROC, the points lead would be different for sure.
7/28/2014 6:18am
ehr400 wrote:
I think Kenny peaked too early like he has in years past. If he loses the championship to Ryan no one can ever discount that Ryan...
I think Kenny peaked too early like he has in years past. If he loses the championship to Ryan no one can ever discount that Ryan has had shit delivered to him on a platter. On the other hand Kenny should be happy as fuck that Eli wasn't in it from the beginning. Either way I am sure Ken will have strings of excuses like he has whenever he doesn't win.
I am a big fan of Roczen but i am a little bit frustrated of his latest performances.I agree with you that he has his peak at the start of the season.To say that he can be lucky that Tomac didn't race the complet series is crap.Perhaps they can all be happy that villo didn't race this year or what??Angry
newmann
7/28/2014 6:23am
Dungey is always there for a solid ride at or near the front. Roczen is always there with the potential for a solid ride at or near the front.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
7/28/2014 6:25am
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't even think you can discount anything Roczen has done. The season isn't over quite yet but even if he takes second in the end...
I don't even think you can discount anything Roczen has done. The season isn't over quite yet but even if he takes second in the end, he's lasted a little longer this season than last season so he's improving. For a rookie, this is huge.

I've been a Dungey fan since he threw his pants out the trailer door. So I'm hoping he can pull it off. At least I hope this season is decided by single digit points. That would be the most interesting ending the series has seen in awhile. And you can't forget to thank Tomac for that because without him getting between RD and KROC, the points lead would be different for sure.
Funny I became just the opposite the day that happened.

Post a reply to: Dungey

The Latest