Dunge missing the joker lane......

dirtnapper
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2013 7:55pm
....was painful to watch.

But why in the hell do you think RV did? Just too much pressure from the race? You would think after Dungey missed it the mechanics would make damn sure their rider takes it.

And no excuses of "he just missed it, he meant to, etc. etc" - even if he didn't yardsale, he still missed it too.......
|
sharkey
10/19/2013 10:16pm
personally I think they need to take it out. these guys have enough to think about
jasonv43
10/19/2013 10:20pm
Take it out and make them stop for a beer each lap instead.
Flip109
10/19/2013 10:24pm
I'm with Jason. Patron bitches lol the podium speeches would be epic. Lol
bd
10/19/2013 10:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2013 10:30pm
I was at all three events live. Last year, I thought it was a good idea. This year, it ended being a bad idea. When 1-2 place riders are with in a second of each other they are focused on passing or setting up a pass, the joker lane is not a thought. Last year it played into strategy.... this year, screwed up a potential last minute pass.

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/19/2013 10:32pm
Marc Marquez just had similar issues in MOTO GP.Blink
malachi177
10/19/2013 10:33pm
X2!! I thought it was awesome. Everyone was laughing at RD for missing it....then bam! RV missed it. Then RD just about wins it in the 3rd moto for his timing of taking the joker lane. I think it's friggin wicked! Best racing of the year IMO.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
10/19/2013 10:37pm
malachi177 wrote:
X2!! I thought it was awesome. Everyone was laughing at RD for missing it....then bam! RV missed it. Then RD just about wins it in the...
X2!! I thought it was awesome. Everyone was laughing at RD for missing it....then bam! RV missed it. Then RD just about wins it in the 3rd moto for his timing of taking the joker lane. I think it's friggin wicked! Best racing of the year IMO.
X3! The joker lane did exalty what it was supposed to. Riders forgot about it & it helped make passed when taken at the right time. It's something that mixes up SX so it's not a snoozer. I wish it was at more races.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
10/19/2013 10:38pm
bd wrote:
I was at all three events live. Last year, I thought it was a good idea. This year, it ended being a bad idea. When 1-2...
I was at all three events live. Last year, I thought it was a good idea. This year, it ended being a bad idea. When 1-2 place riders are with in a second of each other they are focused on passing or setting up a pass, the joker lane is not a thought. Last year it played into strategy.... this year, screwed up a potential last minute pass.
Screwed up a potential last minute pass?

That is exactly what it did- created a last minute pass. Except that instead of the 1/20 chance they would have actually got close enough to make the pass, they choked and got passed.

I thought the format was much more exciting than the usual AMA SX format. Not saying the Joker lane concept is perfect, but I enjoyed the 3 main format (with the mini and AM races) much more than the usual 16 round cookie cutter BS.
bd
10/19/2013 10:46pm
bd wrote:
I was at all three events live. Last year, I thought it was a good idea. This year, it ended being a bad idea. When 1-2...
AZ35 wrote:
Screwed up a potential last minute pass? That is exactly what it did- created a last minute pass. Except that instead of the 1/20 chance they...

That is exactly what it did- created a last minute pass. Except that instead of the 1/20 chance they would have actually got close enough to make the pass, they choked and got passed.

I thought the format was much more exciting than the usual AMA SX format. Not saying the Joker lane concept is perfect, but I enjoyed the 3 main format (with the mini and AM races) much more than the usual 16 round cookie cutter BS.
You see moto 2?
Grizz
10/19/2013 10:47pm
RV ate it because he missed the joker lane. For anyone that's raced, you know how much focus it requires. Then imagine racing at that speed!
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
10/19/2013 10:48pm
bd wrote:
AZ35 wrote:
Screwed up a potential last minute pass? That is exactly what it did- created a last minute pass. Except that instead of the 1/20 chance they...

bd wrote:
You see moto 2?
Yes, did I miss something?
bd
One other note, would love to know when it registered in RV's mind. I hope it was not the last rhythm section. All are entitled to their opinion...... find it interesting it was two of the best riders.... both were second.

Definitely an awesome race regardless.
ocscottie
Just figured this pic needed to be posted again, his reaction was classic...$100k brain fart Blink

bd
10/19/2013 10:51pm
Grizz wrote:
RV ate it because he missed the joker lane. For anyone that's raced, you know how much focus it requires. Then imagine racing at that speed!
I think you could be correct. When did he realize he missed the joker lane? One milli second distraction.... can lead to crash. RV2 was focused on passing Stewart... and Steward hits Joker Lane.
Grizz
10/19/2013 10:59pm
Grizz wrote:
bd wrote:
I think you could be correct. When did he realize he missed the joker lane? One milli second distraction.... can lead to crash. RV2 was focused...
I think you could be correct. When did he realize he missed the joker lane? One milli second distraction.... can lead to crash. RV2 was focused on passing Stewart... and Steward hits Joker Lane.
Yup. Then he hits the one jump that requires the most attention out of all of em and wads it. Coincidence? Nope.
10/19/2013 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2013 11:21pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Marc Marquez just had similar issues in MOTO GP.Blink

Just when you think you've seen the worst kind of mistakes in ages after MEC, MotoGP deliveres mind-blowing mistakes at the weirdest race ever.
Brent
10/19/2013 11:25pm
Think about it for a second - you Just realize you threw away a MILLION DOLLARS with a brain fart as you are hitting the face of the biggest jump on the track.

Which is more painful, the full body bruise he will have tomorrow or losing the million???
bd
10/19/2013 11:28pm
Brent wrote:
Think about it for a second - you Just realize you threw away a MILLION DOLLARS with a brain fart as you are hitting the face...
Think about it for a second - you Just realize you threw away a MILLION DOLLARS with a brain fart as you are hitting the face of the biggest jump on the track.

Which is more painful, the full body bruise he will have tomorrow or losing the million???
Live.... that crash was damm scary. Seeing his wife and dad run out to see if their love one was ok... gave goose bumps. I thought he was knocked out- from my seat.

His crash happened in the rhythm section right after the joker lane...

had to think.... where is Bubba..... ohhh fuck.
bd
10/19/2013 11:30pm
Stay the fuck away from the Joker Lane in SX and MX. Good option for one off races.
jeffro503
10/19/2013 11:54pm
I really dug the joker lane the last few years , but tonight I kind of have mixed emotions about it. It did make for some great racing , but it also took some of it away. Just when you thought two dudes like RV and Stewart were going to go at it.....that lane kind of screwed it up. Totally RV's fault for missing it.......but it still happened in a flash and then it was over. The pace these guys are going , I can easily see why RD and RV both missed it.

Like I said....mixed emotions.
10/20/2013 12:08am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2013 10:59am
Grizz wrote:
This is so dumb!

RV stacked it up because he didn't get all the way over the jump that only two other people were doing.

This wasn't a super technical timing section, it was a large leap and he came up about six inches short.
RealityZ
10/20/2013 12:13am
Great night of racing!

Hated the carnage, but a shame joker lane is done
erikcrvjl
10/20/2013 12:26am
Not sure if you guys saw what I saw, but to me it looked like RV was planning on going through the joker lane, however he went in too fast and couldn't turn in on time, because it seemed like he had a bit of hesitation as he started hauling down the start straight.

Remember, when Dungey missed the joker lane, he wasn't close enough to Villipoto to see him enter it. However, Villipoto was RIGHT BEHIND Stewart when he missed it. No way Villipoto could "forget" to go through it if he's watching Stewart enter it.
dirtnapper
10/20/2013 12:38am
erikcrvjl wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw what I saw, but to me it looked like RV was planning on going through the joker lane, however he...
Not sure if you guys saw what I saw, but to me it looked like RV was planning on going through the joker lane, however he went in too fast and couldn't turn in on time, because it seemed like he had a bit of hesitation as he started hauling down the start straight.

Remember, when Dungey missed the joker lane, he wasn't close enough to Villipoto to see him enter it. However, Villipoto was RIGHT BEHIND Stewart when he missed it. No way Villipoto could "forget" to go through it if he's watching Stewart enter it.
NOPE.

I knew someone like you would show up with something like this.

RV flat out forgot, just like Dungey. He knew exactly where that joker lane was, theres no way he was "going to fast" to make the corner. That's a stupid argument.
Motoxdoc
10/20/2013 12:43am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2013 12:44am
1) I think the joker lane is great for a one off race! It adds strategy and brain power to the equation....not a lot of brain power, however, evidently more brain power then our top two SX riders process.

2) It didn't appear RV crashed because he miss timed anything. He and Bubba were clipping the back side of that tabletop with their back wheel all night long. To me it looked like RV crashed because his left foot slipped off the peg and his right leg and arms weren't strong enough to make up for it.
erikcrvjl
10/20/2013 12:48am
erikcrvjl wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw what I saw, but to me it looked like RV was planning on going through the joker lane, however he...

dirtnapper wrote:
NOPE. I knew someone like you would show up with something like this. RV flat out forgot, just like Dungey. He knew exactly where that joker...
NOPE.

I knew someone like you would show up with something like this.

RV flat out forgot, just like Dungey. He knew exactly where that joker lane was, theres no way he was "going to fast" to make the corner. That's a stupid argument.
"RV flat out forgot" is a stupid argument as well. How do you forget to do something as someone does it directly in front of you. Both sides can be argued here.

"I knew someone like you would show up", what's that supposed to mean? If you can't tolerate people who have beliefs contrary to yours why did you start this thread?
chump6784
10/20/2013 1:18am
If villo had of taken the joker lane the lap earlier I think he would have won it. He was faster than Stewart, he would drop back and then pull him back in, but not fast enough to make a normal pass stick.The joker lane was awesome, mixed things up and also cost Dungey 100k
mmcmx
10/20/2013 2:07am
Making thoose guys think about strategy and the joker line while racing each other in a tight technical course with a heart rate over 190 is downright stupid and dangerous. What are they, circus monkeys or what?
Grizz
10/20/2013 5:02am
Grizz wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
This is so dumb! RV stacked it up because he didn't get all the way over the jump that only two other people were doing. This...
This is so dumb!

RV stacked it up because he didn't get all the way over the jump that only two other people were doing.

This wasn't a super technical timing section, it was a large leap and he came up about six inches short.
You've never hit a jump that big with that short of a run and that small of a take off. I can say that with confidence.
10/20/2013 5:02am
Motoxdoc wrote:
1) I think the joker lane is great for a one off race! It adds strategy and brain power to the equation....not a lot of brain...
1) I think the joker lane is great for a one off race! It adds strategy and brain power to the equation....not a lot of brain power, however, evidently more brain power then our top two SX riders process.

2) It didn't appear RV crashed because he miss timed anything. He and Bubba were clipping the back side of that tabletop with their back wheel all night long. To me it looked like RV crashed because his left foot slipped off the peg and his right leg and arms weren't strong enough to make up for it.
Riders may not read what's on the pit board every lap but they are very aware of that white flag. RV knew he was on the last lap. I think muscle memory and aggression took over - when he saw JS7 slow down a bit his initial reaction was to take the faster line, which was not Joker Lane.

RV2 knew he missed it the second he went by. He became distracted and angry and didn't hit the quad cleanly as a result.

Sucks that he crashed, but every rider had to race the same track (including Joker Lane). It added another diminsion (memory) and some riders simply blew it in the heat of the moment.

Keep it. It's a one-off race and makes things even more interesting.

Post a reply to: Dunge missing the joker lane......

The Latest