Does anyone know When Honda will go back to single exhaust?

Tsnail25
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2016 2:44pm
I just moved into 250B limited from schoolboy 1, I'm doing pretty well on my yz250f but I've always liked riding my 2011 crf250r that I got a few years ago more than the 2014-16s that I've ridden and my yz250f for that matter. So does anyone know when Honda will go back to 1 pipe?
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
5/30/2016 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2016 8:16pm
Never. The next single side exhaust they build will have reeds.
Pat327
5/30/2016 9:24pm
You could always buy a single-sided exhaust. FMF makes one. I think it comes with a special left sidepanel, too.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/30/2016 9:30pm
When they truly get bored of gimmicks.
kkawboy14
5/30/2016 9:32pm
I thought they do it to keep the sound lower but power up?

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/30/2016 9:37pm
Tsnail25 wrote:
I just moved into 250B limited from schoolboy 1, I'm doing pretty well on my yz250f but I've always liked riding my 2011 crf250r that I...
I just moved into 250B limited from schoolboy 1, I'm doing pretty well on my yz250f but I've always liked riding my 2011 crf250r that I got a few years ago more than the 2014-16s that I've ridden and my yz250f for that matter. So does anyone know when Honda will go back to 1 pipe?
Honda's next generation of CRF450R and CRF250R will have dual exhausts. However, you can buy an aftermarket single-side exhaust system.
5/30/2016 9:44pm
I heard from a very good source that there is an air cooled bike with twin shocks in the works. Still has twin pipes and will be a 4 stroke though. Sorry
RandyS
5/30/2016 10:41pm
Why would you want that? The bike would pull to one side of not completely fall over. What's next, forks with springs?
Rotaholic
5/30/2016 11:13pm
I wouldn't risk riding it with only one exhaust, the bike would be too unbalanced.......
kiwifan
5/30/2016 11:14pm
I hope they dont, I like the look of twin pipes whether its a sales gimmick or not
Motofinne
5/31/2016 4:16am
There has been single exhausts for the Hondas since the 250 went with dual mufflers in 2006.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
5/31/2016 5:00am
Tsnail25 wrote:
I just moved into 250B limited from schoolboy 1, I'm doing pretty well on my yz250f but I've always liked riding my 2011 crf250r that I...
ML512 wrote:
Honda's next generation of CRF450R and CRF250R will have dual exhausts. However, you can buy an aftermarket single-side exhaust system.
Can you confirm spring forks?
hoppsan
5/31/2016 6:31am
I'd substitute the "when" for an "if" in the title, but that's just me.

I'm not sure why people are so fixated on the dual-silencers, if people don't gel with the geometry of the current model I find it hard to believe that it is the additional silencer that is causing it, especially when a simple aftermarket part can change that back.

People in this sport really are against attempts to add something "new" (or new for the decade being, at least). Aluminum frames made bikes handle like pogo-sticks, 4-stroke bikes are heavy and terrible, electric starters are bull and air-forks blow (yes, I made a funny). I'd say that (looking at it from a historical standpoint) the over-under of peoples gut-reaction to changes are at best 50/50, even so everyone is always certain that they know what will turn out to be "just a gimmick" and what is here to stay.
gpracer36
5/31/2016 6:51am
I too am on the fence with the Honda. I like them, but they come with 7/8 bars. I cant deal with that. If they were to come with oversize bars I would be all over it!
Buster B
5/31/2016 6:56am
gpracer36 wrote:
I too am on the fence with the Honda. I like them, but they come with 7/8 bars. I cant deal with that. If they were...
I too am on the fence with the Honda. I like them, but they come with 7/8 bars. I cant deal with that. If they were to come with oversize bars I would be all over it!
Because a quick stop at BTO can't fix that issue...
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/31/2016 6:59am
kiwifan wrote:
I hope they dont, I like the look of twin pipes whether its a sales gimmick or not
They do look pretty sweet. My Husky supermoto has dual pipes and I wouldn't switch it out to a single for another tiny bit of power because they look cool. I also wouldn't want to replace 2 if I cartwheeled my mx bike!
mx836
5/31/2016 7:28am
gpracer36 wrote:
I too am on the fence with the Honda. I like them, but they come with 7/8 bars. I cant deal with that. If they were...
Buster B wrote:
Because a quick stop at BTO can't fix that issue...
I think your sarcasm detector needs a few parts from BTO Wink
5/31/2016 7:57am
hoppsan wrote:
I'd substitute the "when" for an "if" in the title, but that's just me. I'm not sure why people are so fixated on the dual-silencers, if...

I'm not sure why people are so fixated on the dual-silencers, if people don't gel with the geometry of the current model I find it hard to believe that it is the additional silencer that is causing it, especially when a simple aftermarket part can change that back.

People in this sport really are against attempts to add something "new" (or new for the decade being, at least). Aluminum frames made bikes handle like pogo-sticks, 4-stroke bikes are heavy and terrible, electric starters are bull and air-forks blow (yes, I made a funny). I'd say that (looking at it from a historical standpoint) the over-under of peoples gut-reaction to changes are at best 50/50, even so everyone is always certain that they know what will turn out to be "just a gimmick" and what is here to stay.
Regarding something "new" about air-forks...

Is because they actually suck! And yes, I have ridden stock sff, revalved sff and revalved with dlc coating.

Regardless of air-pressures, the feeling of the fork is shit, the first part of the stroke is stiff as hell, it does not operate the stroke as freely as a spring fork, it "sticks" and have to much friction. and it's a fuck*ng hassle between motos.

Yes, I have ridden my 250f with sff for 60hrs, and was going to order a spring-aftermarket fork before I crashed and lost 10.000$ over the months, now I will live with it until I know if the 17s getting spring fork or not, before I make the call.
kiwifan
5/31/2016 1:30pm
Regarding something "new" about air-forks... Is because they actually suck! And yes, I have ridden stock sff, revalved sff and revalved with dlc coating. Regardless of...
Regarding something "new" about air-forks...

Is because they actually suck! And yes, I have ridden stock sff, revalved sff and revalved with dlc coating.

Regardless of air-pressures, the feeling of the fork is shit, the first part of the stroke is stiff as hell, it does not operate the stroke as freely as a spring fork, it "sticks" and have to much friction. and it's a fuck*ng hassle between motos.

Yes, I have ridden my 250f with sff for 60hrs, and was going to order a spring-aftermarket fork before I crashed and lost 10.000$ over the months, now I will live with it until I know if the 17s getting spring fork or not, before I make the call.
I think you must have a terrible suspension tuner doing your forks...the best forks out there (even over springs) are PSF-1's
The Rock
5/31/2016 1:47pm
hoppsan wrote:
I'd substitute the "when" for an "if" in the title, but that's just me. I'm not sure why people are so fixated on the dual-silencers, if...

You've obviously never had to pay for two muffler repacks instead of only one otherwise you'd get it.

Do you lift bro? :-)
kiwifan
5/31/2016 2:28pm
The Rock wrote:
You've obviously never had to pay for two muffler repacks instead of only one otherwise you'd get it.

Not as though you are talking about a massive expense there. Yearly, I pay more for lubing my chain than muffler repacking
5/31/2016 2:36pm
If they are going to put duals on it, might as well make the diameter a little larger and include a pair of spark arrestors so that we actually GET something for having the duals. I don't think 99% of riders can feel the extra balance that the duals supposedly give you.
hoppsan
5/31/2016 2:44pm
hoppsan wrote:

The Rock wrote:

I've been riding Honda since around 2000 so I'd like to believe that I am not speaking completely out of my ass when I say that I feel that the dual-exhaust have no effect (positive or negative) on how the bike handles or feels (which I believe was the OP's point, but I could be mistaken).

As for repacking mufflers, I can't remember doing that. But I don't use any aftermarket mufflers that I carry over to the next bike either, so perhaps that is the reason for that. Unsure if you're just being funny or not, so pardon me if this was some kind of intended sarcasm that I failed to grasp. Blush

Post a reply to: Does anyone know When Honda will go back to single exhaust?

The Latest