Does RV stay fast?

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
Edited Date/Time 9/1/2015 9:18pm
If the Legend Race sparks off, will he be able to ride it next year? I can see RV faster in the future after he starts having fun riding again. Whats the rules on being able to ride the Monster Energy Cup?
|
Flip109
8/29/2015 12:06pm
Yeah it would be really cool to see him at one off events like that
jeffro503
8/29/2015 12:25pm
You ever get that fast , still enjoy riding , you won't start slowing down till your 40 - 50yrs old haha. I'm not sure what his future plans are but I don't know if we'll see him on a bike much. I think he's supposed to become something like an ambassador for Kawi or something like that?

Maybe he'll realize one day that winning big pro events isn't what MX is all about now that his career is over. It's about enjoying the ride and just having fun. Take the seriousness out of it and it opens up a whole new world of what this sport is really about.

There is no other sport like this on the planet , and any true , real moto head knows exactly what I'm talking about.
500guy
8/29/2015 12:28pm
I think it will be years before RV shows up at anything like this.
Outsider
8/29/2015 12:29pm
Is Chuck Norris still the toughest man in the world?

The Shop

Superdave19
8/29/2015 12:29pm
I wouldn't classify the legends race as a balls out competitive race for these guys.. They have nothing to prove to anyone. That being said, all of them, regardless of age, still have inhuman skills. Ya'll see Guy Cooper's start?? Smokin' everyone on the Holeshot?- PINNED.

Emig said it best on Instagram- " I challenge anyone to come to the RC University and see what you got for RC for 4 laps-" although he's not at the same fitness level he was, he can still ride a motorcycle at a Very high level-

Doubtful, but would absolutely love to RV in the Monster Cup though-
Bigfoot
8/29/2015 12:57pm
Outsider wrote:

Go ahead. Say something about his outfit.
Rdubs19
8/29/2015 1:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You ever get that fast , still enjoy riding , you won't start slowing down till your 40 - 50yrs old haha. I'm not sure what...
You ever get that fast , still enjoy riding , you won't start slowing down till your 40 - 50yrs old haha. I'm not sure what his future plans are but I don't know if we'll see him on a bike much. I think he's supposed to become something like an ambassador for Kawi or something like that?

Maybe he'll realize one day that winning big pro events isn't what MX is all about now that his career is over. It's about enjoying the ride and just having fun. Take the seriousness out of it and it opens up a whole new world of what this sport is really about.

There is no other sport like this on the planet , and any true , real moto head knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Dude, Amen. This is exactly what I was trying to get at in the mountain bike thread yesterday.
loftyair
8/29/2015 1:40pm
Dr d. at 50+ will smoke all but 100 in the world right now, for 20 or even 35 minutes. Unless you are or were a 'super-pro' you will not catch him.
RG1
8/29/2015 1:52pm
He'll be fast for a looooong while yet.
jevyguy
8/29/2015 1:53pm
500guy wrote:
Or never
Sandberm
8/29/2015 1:55pm
500guy wrote:
jevyguy wrote:
Or never
I believe he has a spot reserved in a treestand next to Larry Ward
h&m_cycle
8/29/2015 1:59pm
I sure he could if he wanted too... Some people don't care after they retire.
500guy
8/29/2015 2:06pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
I sure he could if he wanted too... Some people don't care after they retire.
This comment not directed at you,

and some people will not accept that when a guy retires, maybe He's really over it.
8/29/2015 2:07pm
loftyair wrote:
Dr d. at 50+ will smoke all but 100 in the world right now, for 20 or even 35 minutes. Unless you are or were a...
Dr d. at 50+ will smoke all but 100 in the world right now, for 20 or even 35 minutes. Unless you are or were a 'super-pro' you will not catch him.
I got smoked by him at cahuilla
h&m_cycle
8/29/2015 3:26pm
I wouldn't classify the legends race as a balls out competitive race for these guys.. They have nothing to prove to anyone. That being said, all...
I wouldn't classify the legends race as a balls out competitive race for these guys.. They have nothing to prove to anyone. That being said, all of them, regardless of age, still have inhuman skills. Ya'll see Guy Cooper's start?? Smokin' everyone on the Holeshot?- PINNED.

Emig said it best on Instagram- " I challenge anyone to come to the RC University and see what you got for RC for 4 laps-" although he's not at the same fitness level he was, he can still ride a motorcycle at a Very high level-

You're saying it's doubtful that RV will race the Monster Cup this year... OK, I remember when I had my first beer...
Helder
8/29/2015 3:49pm
I wouldn't classify the legends race as a balls out competitive race for these guys.. They have nothing to prove to anyone. That being said, all...

h&m_cycle wrote:
You're saying it's doubtful that RV will race the Monster Cup this year... OK, I remember when I had my first beer...
You think RV will race the ME Cup?
Outsider
8/29/2015 4:21pm
Outsider wrote:
Does a bear shit in the woods? (Jared?)

Is a frog's ass watertight?
downard254
8/29/2015 4:33pm
You'll never see RV on a bike again, unless it has a gun rack on it heading out to the woods to hunt. I think he is so over dirt bikes. IMHO
BobPA
8/29/2015 4:35pm
Outsider wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Does a bear shit in the woods? (Jared?)

Is a frog's ass watertight?
Does the tin man have a sheet metal cock?
stewie94
8/29/2015 4:37pm
Outsider wrote:
bruce lee is tougher TongueTongue
JB 19
8/29/2015 4:58pm
Villopoto kind of reminds me of Hannah. In that Legends movie Hannah talked about his last race and said, "when I got the white flag I thought, I'm glad I never have to do this again. "

I think guys like that put so much into winning that it kind of ruins the sport for them. I'm sure RV will always love MX, but the idea of never racing again is probably a relief.
VET176
8/29/2015 5:00pm
He might do a Townley and ride some cross country events.....and smoke them too!

Hell, he might even go all the way and come off the couch to run top 3 at selected Nationals in the future.
h&m_cycle
8/29/2015 5:08pm
downard254 wrote:
You'll never see RV on a bike again, unless it has a gun rack on it heading out to the woods to hunt. I think he...
You'll never see RV on a bike again, unless it has a gun rack on it heading out to the woods to hunt. I think he is so over dirt bikes. IMHO
Thank you...
Outsider
8/29/2015 6:07pm
downard254 wrote:
You'll never see RV on a bike again, unless it has a gun rack on it heading out to the woods to hunt. I think he...
You might be right, but just a couple months ago it was "You'll never see RV at a track again"... and now well he is doing appearances at races so...
8/29/2015 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2015 6:47pm
VET176 wrote:
He might do a Townley and ride some cross country events.....and smoke them too! Hell, he might even go all the way and come off the...
He might do a Townley and ride some cross country events.....and smoke them too!

Hell, he might even go all the way and come off the couch to run top 3 at selected Nationals in the future.
Townley has moved on to MX events now! Haha.
The Rock
8/29/2015 8:17pm
Outsider wrote:
You might be right, but just a couple months ago it was "You'll never see RV at a track again"... and now well he is doing...
You might be right, but just a couple months ago it was "You'll never see RV at a track again"... and now well he is doing appearances at races so...
Believe that had to do with contractual obligations and squat to do with being a fan.

500Guy-Some people are over it before they retire. So cool the way RC went out on top instead of phoning in his last season.
The Rock
8/29/2015 8:18pm
downard254 wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
Thank you...
Bring back archer girl por favor
Outsider
8/29/2015 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2015 8:46pm
The Rock wrote:
Believe that had to do with contractual obligations and squat to do with being a fan. 500Guy-Some people are over it before they retire. So cool...
Believe that had to do with contractual obligations and squat to do with being a fan.

500Guy-Some people are over it before they retire. So cool the way RC went out on top instead of phoning in his last season.
I never said it had anything to do with being a fan..

Earlier I was thinking maybe he'd just ride for fun and in an occassional promotional video like we see MC. But then I realized, no, MC is a showman and loves to pull whips, nac nacs, etc. RV hits the track and goes as fast as he can for as long as he can and goes home.

Still think once it's in your blood you come back (for fun) at some point. I remember seeing vids of Hannah trial riding in the hills with his buddies on the early YZF's... not sure if he still does it.

No way he doesn't ride at all again, but, competitively like at a legends race? I don't think so either.
Seamorbutts
8/29/2015 9:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You ever get that fast , still enjoy riding , you won't start slowing down till your 40 - 50yrs old haha. I'm not sure what...

You always have a opinion with absolutely no real humor ever. If I was your wife, I would pull all my hair out from extreme boredom.

Post a reply to: Does RV stay fast?

The Latest