Does Pastrana really have a chance??

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
10/2/2014 11:58pm
jim lehey wrote:
I love the guy as much as anyone. But does he really have a chance to win the Red Bull straight rhythm event? against all these...
I love the guy as much as anyone. But does he really have a chance to win the Red Bull straight rhythm event? against all these guys in full race mode all these years that Pastrana has been doing so much other than moto. Especially on a 500 stroker?? I love the move but im just not convinced hes a real threat to win. He couldnt make the main in supercross that last couple times he raced it, and i dont think it was only corner speed that was slowing him down.

Do any of you honestly think he can beat JS7 or dungey in this event?????

Cheers to him either way for doing this. I really hope this doesnt end ugly for him : /
Yes.
Phillips467
10/3/2014 12:29am
I want to say yes, I really do, because I think that would a great story. However, I don't know; he looks fast, but when lined up against some of the current top guys he may find it tough.
Hanaa80
10/3/2014 12:35am
He has said himself that he never learned to scrub properly. Depending on how the track is, it might be a major disadvantage.
pecu_83
10/3/2014 1:55am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2014 2:31am
[quote=Travis Pastrana]scrub all you want, I have a 500[/quote]

^^

This Cool

(fuck, I cant get the quote right..)

The Shop

jemcee
10/3/2014 3:12am
literally couldn't care less how he goes all I know is that I'll be grinning when I hear that TUN TUN TUN TUN behind the gate

Travis is a dude and having waaay more fun than anyone I've ever seen
Flatliner
10/3/2014 4:01am
Frig off Lehey! Pastrami is gonna win.
willie838 wrote:
lol.

i can't believe he gets to circumscribe the rules and ride a 500 cc dirtscooter. it's totally fucked!
Think you meant circumvent. Which he isn't doing, this is a one off event.
O___o
10/3/2014 5:46am
He is going to win a lot of match-ups on that thing simply because it will be such a distraction to the guy in the lane next to him. Watch.
YZ324
10/3/2014 6:41am
None of these guys want to lose to a retired pro. GL will be out there too but not the fan fare about him. TP can't be counted out since at least he does ride everyday and is crazy enough to go for it. Good luck to all and I can't wait to watch it!!
10/3/2014 6:50am
The more that I think about it the more I think that TP199 doesn't stand a chance.

This guy has never known how to jump anything; this track is all jumps -- he's screwed!
10/3/2014 6:54am
ohhhh man to quoteJames Stewart a while back back "man if you get beat by a 2 stroke you suck" of please moto gods i pray before you make him eat those words.

no i am not a bubba hater. i actually really like watching him when he is on top of his game.

Team Pastrana to the top.
HazemG
10/3/2014 7:02am
ohhhh man to quoteJames Stewart a while back back "man if you get beat by a 2 stroke you suck" of please moto gods i pray...
ohhhh man to quoteJames Stewart a while back back "man if you get beat by a 2 stroke you suck" of please moto gods i pray before you make him eat those words.

no i am not a bubba hater. i actually really like watching him when he is on top of his game.

He never said that... He said 'If you get beat by a *250 2 stroke*

Big difference between a 250 2T and a 500 2T.
O___o
10/3/2014 7:05am
VitalRule #1,397-4a sub-section 7:

"The Jeffro Factor" - Upon saying something derogatory about James Stewart, one must provide a disclaimer placed prior to, or immediately following their defamatory remark.

Example: "Man I hope they nail that motherfucker's nutsack to a fencepost for his failed drug test, but racing is so much better with him out there and I am just a huge fan of the sport as a whole."
MXD
10/3/2014 7:15am
I have no idea how he will do but when you take arguably the most naturally talented dirt bike rider of all time, put him on the fastest bike in the field and point him down a technical straightaway for about 20-30 seconds where fitness is a non factor........you've got my attention. I'll be watching for sure.
10/3/2014 7:22am
ohhhh man to quoteJames Stewart a while back back "man if you get beat by a 2 stroke you suck" of please moto gods i pray...

HazemG wrote:
He never said that... He said 'If you get beat by a *250 2 stroke*

Big difference between a 250 2T and a 500 2T.
ok so i left 250 out of the quote.

Well what about when his mom said Malocom will never beat James...
pretty sure that has happened

Disclaimer
Bubba is a bad MOFO and faster than i will ever be which is prety good considering im twice his age.....

but lets not distract from this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who elses would have the balls to show up on a 500cc 2 stroke? thank you Pastrana! i hope this starts a 2 stroke reveloution.

Ardfarkl
10/3/2014 7:36am
BobPA wrote:
Does the tin man have a sheet metal cock?
Don't know, does he??
Darryl916
10/3/2014 7:44am
No chance TP will win. He is 2002 fast when everyone else besides Grant Langston is 2014 fast. He doesn't scrub. His purpose is to have fun and make a scene in this exhibition event. Winning isn't even the goal.
Micahdogg
10/3/2014 7:45am
It's called "rhythm" for a reason, because you have to nail everything perfectly. I can't imagine a Honda motor in a RMZ and little time on the machine can compare to someone like Dungey who's had a lot of seat time on his bike now. At least I would bet on Dungey having more rhythm than TP.

All that aside, it would be cool to see TP smash full throttle into a wall of a jump and quintuple something that was never even thought to be jumpable. That could pay some dividends!
MiSledder
10/3/2014 7:50am
jim lehey wrote:
I love the guy as much as anyone. But does he really have a chance to win the Red Bull straight rhythm event? against all these...
I love the guy as much as anyone. But does he really have a chance to win the Red Bull straight rhythm event? against all these guys in full race mode all these years that Pastrana has been doing so much other than moto. Especially on a 500 stroker?? I love the move but im just not convinced hes a real threat to win. He couldnt make the main in supercross that last couple times he raced it, and i dont think it was only corner speed that was slowing him down.

Cheers to him either way for doing this. I really hope this doesnt end ugly for him : /
Who cares?
Adam43
10/3/2014 8:12am
I like riding 500s but he'd be better off on a 2004 RM250.
jim lehey
10/3/2014 9:05am
jim lehey wrote:

MiSledder wrote:
Who cares?
obviously plenty of people care
jim lehey
10/3/2014 9:07am
Who will go bigger with a quad or leap, stewart or TP? Im afraid stew will go for something big and then TP will try to match him and grenade himself : /
peelout
10/3/2014 9:11am
is a dog's dick red?

of course TP has a chance!!
jeffro503
10/3/2014 9:19am
O___o wrote:
VitalRule #1,397-4a sub-section 7: "The Jeffro Factor" - Upon saying something derogatory about James Stewart, one must provide a disclaimer placed prior to, or immediately following...

"The Jeffro Factor" - Upon saying something derogatory about James Stewart, one must provide a disclaimer placed prior to, or immediately following their defamatory remark.

Example: "Man I hope they nail that motherfucker's nutsack to a fencepost for his failed drug test, but racing is so much better with him out there and I am just a huge fan of the sport as a whole."
I never said that ever.
O___o
10/3/2014 9:57am
O___o wrote:
VitalRule #1,397-4a sub-section 7: "The Jeffro Factor" - Upon saying something derogatory about James Stewart, one must provide a disclaimer placed prior to, or immediately following...

jeffro503 wrote:
I never said that ever.
The example was an example. LOL.
wow123
10/3/2014 10:00am
Frig off Lehey! Pastrami is gonna win.
willie838 wrote:
lol.

i can't believe he gets to circumscribe the rules and ride a 500 cc dirtscooter. it's totally fucked!
Flatliner wrote:
Think you meant circumvent. Which he isn't doing, this is a one off event.
maybe he meant circumcised? Grinning

the promo even says, run what ya brung
Katoomey
10/3/2014 10:56am
CR250Rider wrote:
I want the Pastrami guy to win.
don't people ever get tired of repeating memes they didn't start or create. how fuckin lame are you?

this whole thread is one stupid ass comment after another. not an objective fucking thought in the bunch. this is deep in Vitardland.

Post a reply to: Does Pastrana really have a chance??

The Latest