Does Axel Hodges race?

Crush
No further message... I just kinda don't get it.
|
Cortami79
3/24/2017 3:40am
I think he has more fun making (snapchat/instagram) video's and makes some money from it. Bell, Spy, Seven, Alpinestars, Monster..

He's a fast guy for sure!
philG
3/24/2017 3:44am
me either.. everything that's wrong with the sport IMO .
mjr119
3/24/2017 4:16am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2017 6:19am
He raced the C class a few years back. Guess racing didn't work out for him. But whatever he is doing now works, so good for him.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
3/24/2017 4:25am
Cortami79 wrote:
I think he has more fun making (snapchat/instagram) video's and makes some money from it. Bell, Spy, Seven, Alpinestars, Monster.. He's a fast guy for sure!
I think he has more fun making (snapchat/instagram) video's and makes some money from it. Bell, Spy, Seven, Alpinestars, Monster..

He's a fast guy for sure!
His GF is super hot

The Shop

locky144
3/24/2017 4:37am
mjr119 wrote:
He raced the C class a few years back. Guess racing didn't work out for him. But whatever he is doing now works, so good for...
He raced the C class a few years back. Guess racing didn't work out for him. But whatever he is doing now works, so good for him.
He got to the point of being an A amauter rider. At one point he even had a deal where he was getting twotwo motorsports bikes from chad when the team was around
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
3/24/2017 4:46am
He tried racing lorettas in A class two years ago. Did terrible. I don't know if he even finished inside the top 20 any moto.
zlowery
3/24/2017 4:50am
I think his whole deal is cool. Attracting outside sponsors and interest is always good for growing the sport. Million times better than the wheelie boys from the trap houses.
JBecker 72
3/24/2017 4:52am
What he is doing looks way more fun than racing. If it's working for him, that's cool.
Crush
3/24/2017 5:19am
Just seems crazy.

Seems to have the talent and importantly the backing that so many lack, and to top it off, what looks to be a golden parachute if it didn't work out.

How the fuck you could not be trying your balls off to "make it" in that situation is beyond me... snot like he's sitting around wrapped in cotton wool, so the risk is there regardless... Would be a bummer to look back and think you coulda swung for the fences but instead you just did whip and nose wheely videos with your brother...
MDM
3/24/2017 5:20am
I never understood the hate on someone like him. It appears he loves bikes (isn't that why we all got hooked on this sport in the first place?) and I hate to say it, but I bet he is making more money riding the social media wave than a lot of the guys making mains week in and week out.

Let him do what he does. As long as he isn't hurting anyone, so be it.

Find me one person on this forum that wouldn't love to make a living riding a bike in some capacity.

Guys like him and Brett Cue bring a lot of value in terms of their social media audience.

I say good for this kid. He found a niche, and it taking full advantage.

Think back 20+ years ago when guys Deegan and Faisst started the free ride movement. People were all bent out of shape...because it was new. Those guys did pretty well for themselves.

I own an influencer marketing agency and there are "no-names" that have MASSIVE social followings that brands are paying top dollar for engagement, while passing over celebrities that are household names.

Times are changing.
davistld01
3/24/2017 5:49am
Crush wrote:
He's kinda the Kim Kardashian of our sport.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/24/2017 6:00am
I'll admit I'm jealous of his life
JBecker 72
3/24/2017 6:00am
Crush wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
He's kinda the Kim Kardashian of our sport.
No way. He has talent. There are plenty of moto vloggers who are god awful riders, but somehow have a shitload of followers.
3/24/2017 6:30am
He went to LL but don't think he did that good. I think he has local A class speed but much much much better style then the local A rider.
doghouse
3/24/2017 6:30am
I'm always baffled that people think the only meaningful thing you can do on a dirtbike is race.
Motofinne
3/24/2017 6:33am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2017 6:36am
I think it's pretty amazing that he can make money doing wheelies and nosewheelies that thousands of people can do just as good.

The oppo whips that he throws are really nice to watch. But the wheelies around his backyard without any gear on? Not impressed at all.

And it's pretty shady how much his brother uses him in Monsters promotional parts. I have to agree with Matthes(listen to the latest Pulp MX show with ML) on that subject, weird how no one is questioning that.

With all that said. No matter how you do it, if you can make a living riding a bike you'll have my respect.
3/24/2017 6:48am
No, you, like many, just have a small piece inside of you that wants to start some shit.

The kid is brilliant.
Very few posses such talent and true bike skills.

Swing for the fences? Are you kidding? Launched your bike 80+ feet lately and thrown it sideways?
In the hope of winning a competition that could leave you paralyzed with something as simple as a gust of wind?

There are many many fast guys around that do not race...If they loose some holding for you so be it.
Rest assured that if he did line up against you not only is he fast as shit but most likely connect your table tops and you'd loose time to him out of pure amazement.

Josh Hill?
Travis Pastrana?
Both have raced and now 'jump'...they cool?

In their presence, you'd have a half chub.
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
3/24/2017 6:54am
MDM wrote:
I never understood the hate on someone like him. It appears he loves bikes (isn't that why we all got hooked on this sport in the...
I never understood the hate on someone like him. It appears he loves bikes (isn't that why we all got hooked on this sport in the first place?) and I hate to say it, but I bet he is making more money riding the social media wave than a lot of the guys making mains week in and week out.

Find me one person on this forum that wouldn't love to make a living riding a bike in some capacity.

Guys like him and Brett Cue bring a lot of value in terms of their social media audience.

Think back 20+ years ago when guys Deegan and Faisst started the free ride movement. People were all bent out of shape...because it was new. Those guys did pretty well for themselves.

I own an influencer marketing agency and there are "no-names" that have MASSIVE social followings that brands are paying top dollar for engagement, while passing over celebrities that are household names.

Times are changing.
I agree. I think if he can make a few dollars from it, has fun and doesn't want to race so be it it's his choice.

I think a lot of the hate just comes from the fact that Axell's older brother is Dirt Shark, and both of them are on their dad's payroll who is a big wig at Monster. Axell had an in when his brother started filming the Dirt Shark videos for Monster.
Jt$
3/24/2017 6:58am
locky144 wrote:
He got to the point of being an A amauter rider. At one point he even had a deal where he was getting twotwo motorsports bikes...
He got to the point of being an A amauter rider. At one point he even had a deal where he was getting twotwo motorsports bikes from chad when the team was around
Graphics and help with setup. That's it.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/24/2017 7:05am
Motofinne wrote:
I think it's pretty amazing that he can make money doing wheelies and nosewheelies that thousands of people can do just as good. The oppo whips...
I think it's pretty amazing that he can make money doing wheelies and nosewheelies that thousands of people can do just as good.

The oppo whips that he throws are really nice to watch. But the wheelies around his backyard without any gear on? Not impressed at all.

And it's pretty shady how much his brother uses him in Monsters promotional parts. I have to agree with Matthes(listen to the latest Pulp MX show with ML) on that subject, weird how no one is questioning that.

With all that said. No matter how you do it, if you can make a living riding a bike you'll have my respect.
As I commented on the show, Axell is in a lot of the videos...but another side of it he's doing stuff big enough and cool enough to do it. Let's take the Doonies videos for example; they've had Kris Foster, Jeremy Stenberg, Jeremy McGrath, and a ton of other Monster freestyle/freeride athletes for those...

Hill, Bereman, and Hodges are in the majority of the shots because they were the only ones willing to hit the big stuff. Some of the other guys wouldn't attempt them or wrecked.

So in one thought, Axell is stepping up if he's going bigger and doing larger/more technical jumps than many of the guys they bring on those shoots.

As someone above pointed out, it's what he's choosing to do for a living. He's been down the racing road and probably knows it wasn't going to quite work out for him (same as Bereman) but they can each branch out and make a living riding in other ways. Why are we complaining when more riders can make a living??? Especially when it's not like him or Bereman are taking away money by holding down a racing spot when they both don't want to do it but have grown up with only one career path in mind...
kijen
3/24/2017 7:07am
Question, a lot of people referring to riding as a sport? If you are competing then it's a sport, if your are riding around, doing cool things I don't see it as a sport, more like an activity. Is going to a batting cage or driving range a sport, is driving your car to work a sport? Axell is making money and having fun which is cool, but he is not ruining or for that matter representing the "sport"....imo.
TXDirt
3/24/2017 7:10am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2017 7:10am
If Davalos can race in the 250 lites class for 15 years and people will defend him, then let Hodges make a living doing what he can do on a bike as well. He's having fun and making a living.

/Flame away trolls!
Crush
3/24/2017 7:28am
MDM wrote:
I never understood the hate on someone like him. It appears he loves bikes (isn't that why we all got hooked on this sport in the...

Times are changing.
Definitely not hating... Just can't get my head around how he isn't going for it... He appears to be able to ride the shit out of a bike, and if it didn't work out, well, i'm sure shit's gonna be fine, and he could even do what he is now.

3/24/2017 7:28am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2017 7:33am
Renner153 wrote:
He tried racing lorettas in A class two years ago. Did terrible. I don't know if he even finished inside the top 20 any moto.
I mean...making it to Lorettas in the A class can't ever be constituted as "terrible".....

Also this kid is making a living riding a dirt bike and I'm positive he's getting hurt less than every factory guy out there, and having more fun doing it.
Crush
3/24/2017 7:30am
Do you race, Crush?
Fuck no Johnny, not since I was 15 or 16?

I race to the shops to get diapers, to the lounge chair to read stories to my kids, to the bedroom to massage my Wife's feet then out the door each morning to ride my mtb!

Post a reply to: Does Axel Hodges race?

The Latest