Do the Japanese know about this?

NeWskoolmxer
10/29/2010 7:05am
MIKEY755 wrote:
Wow.... their website is even better http://www.bodevehicle.com/
That seriously can not be legal? You would think that the Oem's would want to shut these guys down but I guess a little copyright infringment isn't that big of a deal.
10/29/2010 8:41am
whats legal or not in the corporate world is kinda blurry, think about it, there are corporations battling over the rights to WATER! Discusting...

If China started building Cheforlets, what could they do? They would have to borrow money from China to sue them!
JB 19
10/29/2010 5:21pm
I'm a tool maker for a large American corporation. We don't build entire tools in house....rather we buy the tools from tool shops and build parts for the dies in house as they wear out and break.

Our company has been buying a few tools from Korea and China in the last 3 years and I will admit that the quality of the tools has been going up.........the Chinese are going to catch on and much of the products they manufacture are going to be world class quality in the next 10 years.

Long story short......we may have big problems with China in the next 20 years.

The Shop

JB 19
10/29/2010 5:27pm
By the way, one of the products my company builds was a huge money maker for us about 10 years ago. A company named LG copied that product to a T when they wanted to enter that market. They even copied the parts of the product that we knew were problems and were in the porcess of fixing.

The company I work for sued relentlessly for everything imaginable against LG regarding this situation and nothing was even done about it. Now LG is a major player in this market.

TFS
10/29/2010 7:24pm
And the Chinese are making manned rockets now too.

The NASA administrator just got back from a week in China to schmooze with their space people.
TerryK
10/29/2010 7:45pm
For the record, the slang word "J*p" is offensive to some because it was a derogatory term used before, during and after world war 2. I'm going to leave this thread be for now, but if anyone complains for real and if it gets out of hand I will delete the thread.

We can carry on discussing the subject (because its a good one) without using the slang word.
DanDunes818
10/29/2010 7:57pm
MIKEY755 wrote:
Wow.... their website is even better http://www.bodevehicle.com/
That seriously can not be legal? You would think that the Oem's would want to shut these guys down but I guess a little copyright infringment...
That seriously can not be legal? You would think that the Oem's would want to shut these guys down but I guess a little copyright infringment isn't that big of a deal.
incredible
Overdrive
10/29/2010 8:00pm
Get over it, to many damn sensitive people in here. Please be politically correct and delete the thread, we wouldn't ever want to offend anyone at any point in time ever. Maybe we should just shut the site down there are far to many people here who are not PC .......................The fact that you would delete this thread over the word Jap offends me.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/29/2010 8:05pm
Things are evolving very fast in China at a lot of different levels, and as seriously competent as some of the businesses are, there's widespread pirating and lack of respect for IP that costs other businesses billions. It's just a fact. At least with copying it's easier for someone to make a choice if they know enough; outright counterfitting is a bit harder.
CamP
10/29/2010 8:07pm
Never do business with a Communist
Billy Jack
10/29/2010 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2010 8:10pm
Overdrive wrote:
Get over it, to many damn sensitive people in here. Please be politically correct and delete the thread, we wouldn't ever want to offend anyone at...
Get over it, to many damn sensitive people in here. Please be politically correct and delete the thread, we wouldn't ever want to offend anyone at any point in time ever. Maybe we should just shut the site down there are far to many people here who are not PC .......................The fact that you would delete this thread over the word Jap offends me.
TerryK
10/29/2010 8:49pm
Overdrive wrote:
Get over it, to many damn sensitive people in here. Please be politically correct and delete the thread, we wouldn't ever want to offend anyone at...
Get over yourself.

I'm not trying to be PC, but only sensitive to others feelings. It's one thing to intentionally offend someone over something they did or said, but to do it simply for the sake of getting a rise or being mean is another thing altogether.
Billy Jack
10/29/2010 8:52pm
Overdrive wrote:
TerryK wrote:
Get over yourself. I'm not trying to be PC, but only sensitive to others feelings. It's one thing to intentionally offend someone over something they did...
Get over yourself.

I'm not trying to be PC, but only sensitive to others feelings. It's one thing to intentionally offend someone over something they did or said, but to do it simply for the sake of getting a rise or being mean is another thing altogether.
For the record, while the term is offensive, I don't think this thread should be removed since it's obvious the opening poster meant no offense. I applaud the mods for at least caring about the sensitivity of others, however.
TerryK
10/29/2010 8:58pm
Billy Jack wrote:
For the record, while the term is offensive, I don't think this thread should be removed since it's obvious the opening poster meant no offense. I...
For the record, while the term is offensive, I don't think this thread should be removed since it's obvious the opening poster meant no offense. I applaud the mods for at least caring about the sensitivity of others, however.
Thanks, and that's why I said I would leave it. ......but: If this turns into what it looks like it's destined to I'll trash it.

Now for the rest of us, lets try to stay on topic shall we??
CR250Rider
10/29/2010 9:44pm
maybe they'll build a 330 cc smoker that weighs in at 200lbs

10/31/2010 9:49pm
Billy Jack wrote:
For the record, while the term is offensive, I don't think this thread should be removed since it's obvious the opening poster meant no offense. I...
TerryK wrote:
Thanks, and that's why I said I would leave it. ......but: If this turns into what it looks like it's destined to I'll trash it. Now...
Thanks, and that's why I said I would leave it. ......but: If this turns into what it looks like it's destined to I'll trash it.

Now for the rest of us, lets try to stay on topic shall we??
Understand where you're coming from; however, us "Aussies" can't believe you "Yanks" are still going on about this. We can call you "Yanks", can't we?

As for the topic; it was only some fifty-odd years ago that Americans (and Aussies) believed products manufactured in Japan were rubbish. Evidence of this can be found in the, now famous, 1955 dialogue between Dr Emmett Brown and Marty McFly:

Doc: No wonder this circuit failed. It says "Made in Japan".
Marty: What do you mean, Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.
Doc: Unbelievable.

It could be argued that, for the most part, Chinese manufacturing is currently where Japanese manufacturing was in the 50s. However, it will probably take the Chinese far less time to achieve market leadership/dominance than it took the Japanese.
mrquick
11/1/2010 1:20am
ok,I understand why we need the ads on the right side of the page
but why must they cover up half of the posts...i would love to read some of these in their entirety.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
11/1/2010 1:51am
mrquick wrote:
ok,I understand why we need the ads on the right side of the page but why must they cover up half of the posts...i would love...
but why must they cover up half of the posts...i would love to read some of these in their entirety.
no kidding. the best solution i can find is to highlight the text so you can read it insidfe the blue block. pain in the ass. hey guys, some of us use mini laptops. adapt now or the chinese vital will first. Wink
ATKpilot99
11/1/2010 6:49am
mrquick wrote:
ok,I understand why we need the ads on the right side of the page but why must they cover up half of the posts...i would love...
no kidding. the best solution i can find is to highlight the text so you can read it insidfe the blue block. pain in the ass...
no kidding. the best solution i can find is to highlight the text so you can read it insidfe the blue block. pain in the ass. hey guys, some of us use mini laptops. adapt now or the chinese vital will first. Wink
I use Firefox and never have this issue. What browser are you using ?
TerryB
11/1/2010 8:06am
mrquick wrote:
no kidding. the best solution i can find is to highlight the text so you can read it insidfe the blue block. pain in the ass...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I use Firefox and never have this issue. What browser are you using ?
Chrome works too.
SL91
11/1/2010 8:24am
Nice thread title, you insensitive @#$% !
BobbyM wrote:
maybe his grandpa was killed at pearl harbor you insensitive @#$% !

Smile
That was nearly 70 years ago. Name calling is never good.
11/1/2010 10:21am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2010 10:23am
MXEditor wrote:
Little is publicly known of the man's identity or that of the commander of the lead tank. Shortly after the incident, the British tabloid the Sunday...
Little is publicly known of the man's identity or that of the commander of the lead tank. Shortly after the incident, the British tabloid the Sunday Express named him as Wang Weilin (王维林), a 19-year-old student[5] who was later charged with "political hooliganism" and "attempting to subvert members of the People's Liberation Army."[6]

However, this claim has been rejected by internal Communist Party of China documents, which reported that they could not find the man, according to the Hong Kong-based Information Centre for Human Rights.[7] One party member was quoted as saying, "We can’t find him. We got his name from journalists. We have checked through computers but can’t find him among the dead or among those in prison."[7] Numerous theories have sprung up as to the man's identity and current whereabouts.[8]

There are several conflicting stories about what happened to him after the demonstration. In a speech to the President's Club in 1999, Bruce Herschensohn—former deputy special assistant to President Richard Nixon—reported that he was executed 14 days later; other sources say he was executed by firing squad a few months after the Tiananmen Square protests.[2] In Red China Blues: My Long March from Mao to Now, Jan Wong writes that the man is still alive and is hiding in mainland China. Other commentary has also insisted that the men who pulled him out of the tanks' way were not the secret police, but rather concerned civilians.

The government of the People's Republic of China has made few statements about the incident or the people involved. In a 1990 interview with Barbara Walters, then-CCP General Secretary Jiang Zemin was asked what became of the man. Jiang first stated (through an interpreter), "I can't confirm whether this young man you mentioned was arrested or not," and then replied in English, "I think never killed" [sic].[9] A June 2006 article in the Hong Kong Apple Daily stated that there are rumours that the man is now living in Taiwan.[8]
al8
11/1/2010 10:36am
mrquick wrote:
Up beside the refresh button there is a compatability view button. Click on it and it should fix your problem.
TG130
11/1/2010 10:04pm
ShaneAUS wrote:
Someone pulling the race card (again) for an abbreviation, I have Japanese friends that do not mind being called 'Japs' so get off your high horse.
DoctorJD wrote:
Jap. Short for Japanese. Kinda like calling an Australian an "Aussie" or and American a "Yank". I don't get how this is derogatory. Do British people...
Jap. Short for Japanese. Kinda like calling an Australian an "Aussie" or and American a "Yank". I don't get how this is derogatory. Do British people find it offensive to be referred to as a "Brit"?
Chink = short for Chinese. Is that an appropriate term to use also ?
86honda
11/1/2010 10:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2010 10:50pm
You know what? The Chinese are going to get a taste for the good life just like the US did 100 years ago and the peasents that built that country are going to rise up and Unionize just like America did. Then you will see all your cheap crap go away. History repeats its self. A rising middle class in China will demand it. I say lets take Motocross to the Peoples Republic and then we can get those new sponsors. "Riding for Ho Sung Won Fo Hondmaha Number 22 Chad Reed" I cant wait to see the podium interveiws. Post some for us.
86honda
11/1/2010 10:47pm
Start brushing up on your Chinese Jeff Emig.
Gazza
11/1/2010 11:20pm
This weeknd there is actually a pretty large MX race in China. Apparently they have invited riders from around the world, I know that 2 Kiwi's are racing. So maybe it's not too far off. It would certainly be good for the industry to be able to tap into the huge amounts of money here.

Fun fact: In the Chinese national MX champs, foreign MX bikes are banned...

Post a reply to: Do the Japanese know about this?

The Latest