Do the Japanese know about this?

NeWskoolmxer
10/28/2010 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2013 4:06pm
Check this site out it has Chinese P.o.s bikes advertising them as yamaha, Honda etc. Is this legal?
http://www.bigchina.eu/company/category/7817/613

|
Towelie
10/28/2010 7:09pm
what can they do? Sue, and get who to enforce the ruling? Besides, I like to think Darwin has a major say in the sales of these things
Blake
10/28/2010 7:12pm
Happened with Yamaha too,
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
10/28/2010 7:13pm
China has been producing parts for a lot of the Japanese manufacturers as well. Its tough to go after China, the consumers will be the real judge and jury.
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
10/28/2010 7:16pm

Ha ha ha ha

The Shop

10/28/2010 7:26pm
Tiki wrote:
China has been producing parts for a lot of the Japanese manufacturers as well. Its tough to go after China, the consumers will be the real...
China has been producing parts for a lot of the Japanese manufacturers as well. Its tough to go after China, the consumers will be the real judge and jury.
As it should be. Who's can be apposed to a better cheaper product? If they make one, I'll buy.
skidsteer16
10/28/2010 7:29pm
Nice thread title, you insensitive @#$% !
ATKpilot99
10/28/2010 7:34pm

Snowcrossing on the Shineray.
BobbyM
10/28/2010 7:37pm
Nice thread title, you insensitive @#$% !
maybe his grandpa was killed at pearl harbor you insensitive @#$% !

Smile
ShaneAUS
10/28/2010 7:46pm
Someone pulling the race card (again) for an abbreviation, I have Japanese friends that do not mind being called 'Japs' so get off your high horse.
Outsider
10/28/2010 8:07pm
Hey, that reminds me of a joke my Japanese friend told me...

Why do Japanese people eat sushi?
.>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Cause they're too busy building cars to cook the fish! Smile
KazFu
10/28/2010 8:26pm
Dumb American's can't build an MX bike.
NeWskoolmxer
10/28/2010 8:29pm
This post was not meant to be anything racist, Sorry if it offended anyone. I was just trying to see if this was legal?
ATKpilot99
10/28/2010 8:47pm
KazFu wrote:
Dumb American's can't build an MX bike.
[img]http://www.solisvintagebike.com/sitebuilder/images/MX-250_MINT_2a-740x444.jpg[/img]
Actually the Italians are responsible for that gem.
Gazza
10/28/2010 9:25pm
A lot of the Chinese manufacturers did originally team up with the Japs for support when they started out. It must have been the only time they've gotten along!

Now, most of the manufacturers seem to cover themselves in the branding I guess as a leftover from that relationship, even all the bike shops are called Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, but the bikes are all rubbish.

But I'm sure most of the new players, like those bikes at the top have no relationship. The Jap's should sue them out of it!

About that Shineray 250f, It has an advertised power of 28HP, yet the engines that come off the production line typically fall into a range of anywhere between 23 - 28HP. That's a whole lot of power to lose in the assembly! And I heard this out of the mouth from one of the engineers while at the Shineray factory. Worst bike I have ever ridden hands down, it weighs over 120kg dry! Or maybe I should say 265lb for this board Tongue
wardy
10/28/2010 10:10pm
LOL but what does that 250f cost?

2500.00?

hmmmmmm.
10/28/2010 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2010 11:08pm
O.k., maybe the Chinese suck at motorbikes (at the moment) but they apparently make good tanks (they kinda came up with the whole gun powder+projectile+cannon thingy); however, it seems all you need to stop them is a passerby carrying a bag of groceries.

Gazza
10/28/2010 11:01pm
The company I'm tied up with does a lot of military r&d work and I must say, they have some pretty cool creations rocking around the roads. There's also the BJC which I think is pretty sweet. It was designed (apparently) in collaboration with mercedes. I sure wouldn't mind towing around a bike trailer with one of these...
10/28/2010 11:09pm
Gazza wrote:
The company I'm tied up with does a lot of military r&d work and I must say, they have some pretty cool creations rocking around the...
The company I'm tied up with does a lot of military r&d work and I must say, they have some pretty cool creations rocking around the roads. There's also the BJC which I think is pretty sweet. It was designed (apparently) in collaboration with mercedes. I sure wouldn't mind towing around a bike trailer with one of these...
Yes, but can it get past a passerby with a bag of groceries?
Gazza
10/28/2010 11:17pm
No, I'm afraid that I don't think it would
Hank_Thrill
10/29/2010 12:14am
Haha, I love it! I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
10/29/2010 12:27am
Antipodean wrote:
O.k., maybe the Chinese suck at motorbikes (at the moment) but they apparently make good tanks (they kinda came up with the whole gun powder+projectile+cannon thingy)...
O.k., maybe the Chinese suck at motorbikes (at the moment) but they apparently make good tanks (they kinda came up with the whole gun powder+projectile+cannon thingy); however, it seems all you need to stop them is a passerby carrying a bag of groceries.

No one seems to really know what happened to that dude. I hope he survived.
TFS
10/29/2010 3:42am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2010 3:48am
Some of those Chinese copycats bought old tooling from the Japs. That's why some of those engines look familiar. The mini bikes that Guy Cooper was importing had old Honda scooter engines.

There is all kinds of copying going on in Asia, and it's not just moto. If you go to Singapore, you can buy copies of all kinds of things in shopping centers. I went to a DVD store where they had copies of movies, with fake looking covers made on a color copier. Camera stores are a trip.

If someone could teach the Chinese about quality and support, they could help build a strong alternative to Jap bikes. The Chinese are about where the Japs were in the 1960s.

I always wondered if some top moto mechanics that got left out of the economic crunch would end up in China to help them get things sorted out.
MXEditor
10/29/2010 5:16am
Antipodean wrote:
O.k., maybe the Chinese suck at motorbikes (at the moment) but they apparently make good tanks (they kinda came up with the whole gun powder+projectile+cannon thingy)...

* wrote:
No one seems to really know what happened to that dude. I hope he survived.
Little is publicly known of the man's identity or that of the commander of the lead tank. Shortly after the incident, the British tabloid the Sunday Express named him as Wang Weilin (王维林), a 19-year-old student[5] who was later charged with "political hooliganism" and "attempting to subvert members of the People's Liberation Army."[6]

However, this claim has been rejected by internal Communist Party of China documents, which reported that they could not find the man, according to the Hong Kong-based Information Centre for Human Rights.[7] One party member was quoted as saying, "We can’t find him. We got his name from journalists. We have checked through computers but can’t find him among the dead or among those in prison."[7] Numerous theories have sprung up as to the man's identity and current whereabouts.[8]

There are several conflicting stories about what happened to him after the demonstration. In a speech to the President's Club in 1999, Bruce Herschensohn—former deputy special assistant to President Richard Nixon—reported that he was executed 14 days later; other sources say he was executed by firing squad a few months after the Tiananmen Square protests.[2] In Red China Blues: My Long March from Mao to Now, Jan Wong writes that the man is still alive and is hiding in mainland China. Other commentary has also insisted that the men who pulled him out of the tanks' way were not the secret police, but rather concerned civilians.

The government of the People's Republic of China has made few statements about the incident or the people involved. In a 1990 interview with Barbara Walters, then-CCP General Secretary Jiang Zemin was asked what became of the man. Jiang first stated (through an interpreter), "I can't confirm whether this young man you mentioned was arrested or not," and then replied in English, "I think never killed" [sic].[9] A June 2006 article in the Hong Kong Apple Daily stated that there are rumours that the man is now living in Taiwan.[8]
DoctorJD
10/29/2010 5:35am
ShaneAUS wrote:
Someone pulling the race card (again) for an abbreviation, I have Japanese friends that do not mind being called 'Japs' so get off your high horse.
Jap. Short for Japanese. Kinda like calling an Australian an "Aussie" or and American a "Yank". I don't get how this is derogatory. Do British people find it offensive to be referred to as a "Brit"?
Gazza
10/29/2010 5:42am
@TFS, You're 100% right there, absolutely everything is copied. I must say, it's hard for me to turn down buying the lastest movie, or a game before it's even out on the market for about US$1. There is also probably a Chinese copy of every famous song, you hear the music, go 'I know this!' and then it turns out to be completely unrelated Chinese. I think I draw the line when they have things like imitation Oreo's....

And it's not like they don't want to learn better techniques, it's just with how big the Chinese market is, and how little the customers care about the product, there is no desire for the manufacturers to improve. I live in a city called Chongqing where they produce over 8million bikes annually, and they are all relatively rubbish. But they are very cheap, and that's all the consumers care about.

In saying that, I work as an engineer in the moto industry, and we work with a Chinese manufacturer. One of the selling points we made to them was that we could work together in the future to upskill their engineers and teach them the levels of quality required outside of the Asian and South American markets they target.

Add to that the rate that Chinese car firms are trying to snap up others, they are going to get the technology soon, it's whether or not they choose to use it, or keep on doing what they're doing. Either way, they are making buckets of cash.

And MXEditor, if I didn't already have to use a VPN to read vital I'm pretty sure you would have just got the website blocked Tongue

Post a reply to: Do the Japanese know about this?

The Latest