Do any riding over the weekend?

JW381
Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 10:43pm
I got to ride the closest track to me yesterday. Hadn't got to ride in over a month and it was beautiful and cold as hell. Track was mint tho, it's clay so it's great in the winter months, as long as it hasn't rained within a day or so. I was trying to ride real aggressive, and keep my motor making aggressive power, and I'm sure I looked like a goon more often than not, and I'm sure I wasn't going as fast as I felt, but lemme tell ya... I DONT GIVE A FUCK! So fun!

Anyone else get their fix over the weekend?
|
ridge
1/6/2014 3:18pm
I tried on Saturday morning before going to Anaheim, and again Sunday morning after Anaheim...failed to ride either day!

Now I'm stuck behind the wheel for 10k miles. I'm gonna try to make the SRA GP at Glen Helen on the 18th.
JW381
1/6/2014 3:22pm
That happened to me on New Year's Day, drove 60 miles to the coast to hit up the dunes, only to find out the flag mount I bought wouldn't fit. I thought about saying just fuck it and riding for a while anyway, but didn't wanna start the new year off with some bullshit ticket.

My ride did get cut short yesterday tho, the brake pivot on my brake pedal rattled out. I started up my bike and heard something vibrating but couldn't find what it was. Figured I'd go ride and keep an ear on the motor and stuff. It stopped, but after 3 of my fastest laps of the day I started to feel a lack of resistance when grabbing some rear brake.
Socket946
1/6/2014 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 3:36pm
Rode some trails with my old man on Saturday. Got to turn a wheel of his CR500R in pure anger, and loved it. Didn't get worn out or anything, and mounted a new tire on the CRF for sunday motocross.

Got out to the track sunday, my kid was bauling her eyes out cause she was tired, so I fixed that, then tried to ride. The track was just OK, but my left bicep and forearm started hurting badly. Not sure why. I tried to ride through it, and the pain was getting worse. Pretty sure I was somehow dhydrated, and it was muscle cramp. By 11:00 or so, the CEO of my house was calling and texting asking when I'd be home, because she wanted a ride to her bridal shower. I shut that one down, and tried to ride again, made it two laps before the pain was unbearable, so I packed up and went home.

Covered myself in icyhot after a long show, ate some hot wings and fell asleep with my 6 year old by my side.

It was a good day, but not a good day of riding.
ridge
1/6/2014 3:47pm
Socket946 wrote:
Rode some trails with my old man on Saturday. Got to turn a wheel of his CR500R in pure anger, and loved it. Didn't get worn...
Rode some trails with my old man on Saturday. Got to turn a wheel of his CR500R in pure anger, and loved it. Didn't get worn out or anything, and mounted a new tire on the CRF for sunday motocross.

Got out to the track sunday, my kid was bauling her eyes out cause she was tired, so I fixed that, then tried to ride. The track was just OK, but my left bicep and forearm started hurting badly. Not sure why. I tried to ride through it, and the pain was getting worse. Pretty sure I was somehow dhydrated, and it was muscle cramp. By 11:00 or so, the CEO of my house was calling and texting asking when I'd be home, because she wanted a ride to her bridal shower. I shut that one down, and tried to ride again, made it two laps before the pain was unbearable, so I packed up and went home.

Covered myself in icyhot after a long show, ate some hot wings and fell asleep with my 6 year old by my side.

It was a good day, but not a good day of riding.
Lol at the CEO comment

The Shop

Tracktor
1/6/2014 3:50pm
Took my 8 & 12 year old motoheads up to Riverdale MX for a winter session. My 12 year old then proceeded to show me the fast way around a gnarly rutted sand track. Good day with no wrecks or mechanical on any of our 5 bikes. Also, got to test the Bill's pipe I found for my '96 CR125(144) project. There is a reason the factory riders chose Bill's pipes!.............
IWreckALot
1/6/2014 3:52pm
Got my ride on my new 2 stroke!!! It's a lot of fun learning to ride a 2 stroke. It's quite a different world than the 450. Now all I can daydream about is riding again. Can't wait to get the first ride on a motocross track. I race cross country but I'm ready to get out and try to hit a few jumps. See if I can't loop out or something if you know what I mean.
Bret
1/6/2014 4:24pm
American Retrocross racing at Glen Helen on a nice and sunny Sunday.

mx836
1/6/2014 4:26pm
Hard to get out when your bike is frozen.
Crush
1/6/2014 4:34pm
ridge wrote:
Lol at the CEO comment
This!!!
1/6/2014 4:36pm
4 weeks in a row it has rained over the weekend for me, and the one time the weather was perfect my back tire went flatSad Im hopping the weather will be better this Saturday though
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/6/2014 5:07pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/06/41246/s1200_20.jpg[/img] I hate you all.

I hate you all.
I feel yer pain literally ..
id take Rain over this any day.
visser62
1/6/2014 5:23pm
Only got to ride the mountain bike.
JW381
1/6/2014 5:27pm
Quick question for the 2-stroke guys: my gas sat for about a month. Then I took a trip to the coast, but didn't end up getting to ride, but it did sorta get "shook up". Then yesterday, in the cold temps, it was right before I was about to go out and decided to splash a little gas in. Only after did the thought of separation cross my mind. Think I'm alright or should I drain it back into the jug and give it a proper shake down?
beton6
1/6/2014 5:30pm

Iam glad I went out and rode Saturday cause is shitty now!
1/6/2014 6:23pm
JW381 wrote:
Quick question for the 2-stroke guys: my gas sat for about a month. Then I took a trip to the coast, but didn't end up getting...
Quick question for the 2-stroke guys: my gas sat for about a month. Then I took a trip to the coast, but didn't end up getting to ride, but it did sorta get "shook up". Then yesterday, in the cold temps, it was right before I was about to go out and decided to splash a little gas in. Only after did the thought of separation cross my mind. Think I'm alright or should I drain it back into the jug and give it a proper shake down?
Is it Non Ethanol? If so you're fine but if it's ethanol use it on the camp fire.
Got to ride at a pretty sweet track on a ranch out in Fort Rock,Or yesterday. I don't know if any of you valley guys have been out there? Tiger used to practice there all the time(Wildbill posted pics of Tiger at this track on his RIP thread), it's got some booters! Man I haven't jumped much in a while and I didn't go for the big big ones but did do a couple 70+ footers and such and it felt good, really good. Gotta be careful with that shit Smile It was Sunny and 40 in the high desert. Not bad for mid winter in Oregon. Thinking about a trip to Nor Cal soon. I know there are a handful of good tracks there but haven't ever did any riding there.
1/6/2014 6:29pm
Here's a few pics I snapped from out there. My buddy in the pics is 59 years old and still jumping big. Crazy mofoSmile

JW381
1/6/2014 6:36pm
Here's a few pics I snapped from out there. My buddy in the pics is 59 years old and still jumping big. Crazy mofo:) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/06/41264/s1200_iphone_pictures_343.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/01/06/41265/s1200_iphone_pictures_537.jpg[/img]...
Here's a few pics I snapped from out there. My buddy in the pics is 59 years old and still jumping big. Crazy mofoSmile

No man, I've never seen that place. My buddy Jimmy lives down near Medford, maybe he has. Looks fun! I'd like to give those booters a try.

Yeah it's half 110 leaded VP and half non-ethanol 93 pump. So I'm good?

In my original post I said I was riding hard, well today is the first day I've ever had monkey butt haha. So I guess I was goin after it.
1/6/2014 6:39pm
Sweet ! I've got a slight case of MB myself today Smile I would use that fuel for sure, give it a good shake and bake and go for it....
JW381
1/6/2014 6:40pm
Sweet ! I've got a slight case of MB myself today :) I would use that fuel for sure, give it a good shake and bake...
Sweet ! I've got a slight case of MB myself today Smile I would use that fuel for sure, give it a good shake and bake and go for it....
Cool man, but should I drain it out of the tank first? LIke I said, I forgot to shake it before I dumped it in.

I'm wearing this MB like a badge of honor haha.
4stroke4DWIN
1/6/2014 6:45pm
Yup, @40 yrs old I raced the 125cc class (125 open) against 8 kids that could be my kids lol, pulled off a 4-3 for 3rd overall. Went straight to the gate for my vet open race and ended up with a 4th. Back to back motos for 10 laps. I was hammered to say the least.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
1/6/2014 7:12pm
Went out riding Saturday morning In Aus (24 hours before A1) to try pass some time and make it go quicker lol.

Was not caring to much for the ride and had a blown fork seal that was dropping oil heavily so packed up after 2 X 20 minute sessions and went home and waited for the next 20 hours or so to pass by Smile
rohleder644
1/6/2014 7:46pm
No way! Temps hit as low as -14 with windchills down around the -35 mark.

I spent all weekend hanging out with my wife and new baby. Did some planning for a pending yz250 build. Wife is stoked about it

Good weekend
JM485
1/6/2014 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 7:55pm
Not this past weekend, I was snowboarding. The weekend before though, some friends and I found a cool jump out in the Carnegie hills and I made a quick edit of it. Nothing huge, but a fun session.

Crap, not sure why I can't imbed it, I used the imbed feature and it still shows up as a link.
TeamGreen
1/6/2014 8:06pm
ridge wrote:
I tried on Saturday morning before going to Anaheim, and again Sunday morning after Anaheim...failed to ride either day! Now I'm stuck behind the wheel for...
I tried on Saturday morning before going to Anaheim, and again Sunday morning after Anaheim...failed to ride either day!

Now I'm stuck behind the wheel for 10k miles. I'm gonna try to make the SRA GP at Glen Helen on the 18th.
And ya didn't call a brother?

Bummer.

Pala on Friday. Falling in love with the Katoom.
bvm111
1/6/2014 8:44pm
Sure did, I finally finished installing my Race Tech Gold Valves and springs to hold my fat ass up and went out to Exit 28 MX here in Reno!

Wow what a difference in the handling of my KX! I knew it would from past experience, but, it still amazes me every time I do it. I went from barely being able to make it 3 laps without pulling over and stretching the pump out to riding much more aggressive for a 40 year old with 12 years of ride rust to knock off! Ended up doing 4-30min motos at a respectable pace and feeling like I wasn't completely embarrassing myself!

Had a blast!
ridge
1/6/2014 9:03pm
bvm111 wrote:
Sure did, I finally finished installing my Race Tech Gold Valves and springs to hold my fat ass up and went out to Exit 28 MX...
Sure did, I finally finished installing my Race Tech Gold Valves and springs to hold my fat ass up and went out to Exit 28 MX here in Reno!

Wow what a difference in the handling of my KX! I knew it would from past experience, but, it still amazes me every time I do it. I went from barely being able to make it 3 laps without pulling over and stretching the pump out to riding much more aggressive for a 40 year old with 12 years of ride rust to knock off! Ended up doing 4-30min motos at a respectable pace and feeling like I wasn't completely embarrassing myself!

Had a blast!
Did ya ride anything else out there? Lol
ridge
1/6/2014 9:07pm
I didn't go anywhere! And I wad just trying to go into the mountains behind my house...didn't think "Factory Manny" was into trails anymore! Lol
yzjs7
1/6/2014 9:16pm
Was in Anaheim for the race Saturday but got out today riding the track. Was nice almost had the place to myself. Riding a hardpacked flat turn track with clapped out tires can be difficult but regardless had fun.

Post a reply to: Do any riding over the weekend?

The Latest