Do any promoters make a profit from any of the races on the GP circuit?

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 3/11/2015 4:47pm
The first two races I say probably not. The next race in the trees maybe... Guess it depends on how close it is to the "people" that might go pay to see it.
|
Walter
3/11/2015 6:12am
It seems like the GP MX model is becoming more like F1 model: Probably huge "sanctioning" fees that are supported by a local govt or an angel sponsor. Not much care for where the races are held. If they can pay at the front end, who cares what the track is like. When the venue and the promoter realizes they cannot make ends meet and fold, just look for another victim...all I the name of "expanding the market".
hillbilly
3/11/2015 6:14am
Last year the place was empty ,this year seemed to be quite the crowd. What was the difference in Thailand? They bus them in like sharpton demonstrating
GMalzee
3/11/2015 8:02am
I don't think profit is a motive to hold the race in Qatar. The "promoter" is probably some son of a sheikh who thought one day it would be better to watch guys race dirtbikes than camels, got his buddies together, pooled a little money and bought a GP like guys here buy PPV prizefights.
jamma10
3/11/2015 8:15am
Middle eastern companies sponsor a lot of Motor racing teams so aside from the novelty of racing in Qatar I think everyone hopes MXGP teams will benefit in the long run.

The Shop

3/11/2015 3:35pm
Walter wrote:
It seems like the GP MX model is becoming more like F1 model: Probably huge "sanctioning" fees that are supported by a local govt or an...
It seems like the GP MX model is becoming more like F1 model: Probably huge "sanctioning" fees that are supported by a local govt or an angel sponsor. Not much care for where the races are held. If they can pay at the front end, who cares what the track is like. When the venue and the promoter realizes they cannot make ends meet and fold, just look for another victim...all I the name of "expanding the market".
You're not far from the truth...
41NDT
3/11/2015 4:47pm
lets hope that jusepi longdongo aint using F1 as a model as look whats happening to that series. When the head of Ferrari comes out and says if serious changes aint made in F1 there will be no F1 in 4 years. The tracks are shit the drivers apart from 1 or 2 are batshit boring the cars are stupid the costs are out of control the racing is shit. The closest racing in F1 is done in the courts. The more they get away from the essence of F1 the more the series is imploding.
i always wondered looking at the huge crowds in the 80's at the MXGP races and wondered that the attendance was so good was it because it was run by the club and not the promoter ?

Post a reply to: Do any promoters make a profit from any of the races on the GP circuit?

The Latest