Do all you pissy Fugger's around here

newmann
5/1/2017 7:41am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 6:43pm
show up to work every day thinking of ways to help your employer fail?
|
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/1/2017 7:44am
I'm my own boss...so that's a big NO

Marvin is a model employee
ehr400
5/1/2017 7:44am
No, just other Vitards...........Laughing
philG
5/1/2017 7:46am
newmann wrote:
He seems to have that down on his own, we try and keep the thing going in spite of the management.
jbomx363
5/1/2017 7:47am
It is not a team sport.. you see any team points being handed out?

I don't see No.1 spot held by KTM, I see it by the individual rider Ryan Dungey.

The Shop

newmann
5/1/2017 7:47am
newmann wrote:
philG wrote:
He seems to have that down on his own, we try and keep the thing going in spite of the management.
Laughing
MudPup545
5/1/2017 7:55am
Marvin, his employer is KTM. His employer won the race and put themselves into position to possibly win a title. I don't see that as a failure.
mx_563
5/1/2017 7:58am
Marvin is a contracted employee so in a roundabout way, he is self employed, no? In my line of work there is a distinct difference between a full time permanent employee and a contractor. Just sayin.
JRT812
5/1/2017 7:58am
I see it as a Marvin pay day. You know he didn't throw away money and I imagine "helping out" a company/fellow rider has a price tag
gabrielito
5/1/2017 8:05am
newmann wrote:
Like with your employees you would hope the "workers" do what you hired them to and why they pursued that career path in the first place. Show up and give everything they have to their craft, cutting no corners and taking no short cuts and leave for home with a clear conscience and honor. Rodge, Dunge and Marvin are in deficit in both those areas this morning.
DEMONDAVE
5/1/2017 8:06am
at the end of the day which would you rather have in your marketing campaign "#1 supercross brand" or "#2 supercross brand".
KTM / MM25 and the Dunge did what had to be done.
#1 on orange and MM25 waiting in the wings to continue carrying the big ole #1 for the orange bikes.
BobPA
5/1/2017 8:13am
gabrielito wrote:
Like with your employees you would hope the "workers" do what you hired them to and why they pursued that career path in the first place...
Like with your employees you would hope the "workers" do what you hired them to and why they pursued that career path in the first place. Show up and give everything they have to their craft, cutting no corners and taking no short cuts and leave for home with a clear conscience and honor. Rodge, Dunge and Marvin are in deficit in both those areas this morning.
That's just like your opinion man.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
5/1/2017 8:14am
DEMONDAVE wrote:
at the end of the day which would you rather have in your marketing campaign "#1 supercross brand" or "#2 supercross brand". KTM / MM25 and...
at the end of the day which would you rather have in your marketing campaign "#1 supercross brand" or "#2 supercross brand".
KTM / MM25 and the Dunge did what had to be done.
#1 on orange and MM25 waiting in the wings to continue carrying the big ole #1 for the orange bikes.
...and the fans ? aaahh they can all go pound sand. If it was next week and the title was going to be the difference then by all means let him by. But to turn a 6 point gap into a 9 point gap before the last race seems kinda chickenshit.
What's next, team tactics 2 races from the end ? 3 races from the end ? stir....stir..... lol
JBlain619
5/1/2017 8:16am
mx_563 wrote:
Marvin is a contracted employee so in a roundabout way, he is self employed, no? In my line of work there is a distinct difference between...
Marvin is a contracted employee so in a roundabout way, he is self employed, no? In my line of work there is a distinct difference between a full time permanent employee and a contractor. Just sayin.
KTM riders are KTM employees, same with Husky.
JSC&B
5/1/2017 8:18am
jbomx363 wrote:
It is not a team sport.. you see any [b]team points[/b] being handed out? I don't see No.1 spot held by KTM, I see it by...
It is not a team sport.. you see any team points being handed out?

I don't see No.1 spot held by KTM, I see it by the individual rider Ryan Dungey.

newmann
5/1/2017 8:18am
newmann wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
Like with your employees you would hope the "workers" do what you hired them to and why they pursued that career path in the first place...
How so? If one of my employees hits a stumbling block it's quite common for myself or another employee to step up and help solve the problem. It helps get another vehicle out the door on schedule, make another customer happy and put money in the bank therefore helping to solidify the future of everyone's job. We've had the occasional dick who only thought of themselves around here, but they typically don't last long.
gabrielito
5/1/2017 8:23am
newmann wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
newmann wrote:
How so? If one of my employees hits a stumbling block it's quite common for myself or another employee to step up and help solve the...
How so? If one of my employees hits a stumbling block it's quite common for myself or another employee to step up and help solve the problem. It helps get another vehicle out the door on schedule, make another customer happy and put money in the bank therefore helping to solidify the future of everyone's job. We've had the occasional dick who only thought of themselves around here, but they typically don't last long.
A better analogy would be if you asked an employee to use a used bumper when the customer paid for a new because "it is better for the company". The employee can be a "team player" or he can maintain his honor and integrity.
MR. X
5/1/2017 8:26am
I missed the part of the race where MM cleaned out tomac ,thus handing the championship lead back to Dungey. That is what happened ? Isn't it?
gt80rider
5/1/2017 8:28am
Sorry, too busy figuring out if I want pizza before or after my mid-morning nap...
deluxeman
5/1/2017 8:31am
newmann wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
newmann wrote:
How so? If one of my employees hits a stumbling block it's quite common for myself or another employee to step up and help solve the...
Yes, you have to work as a team regardless of if it is for an individual win. It is important that everybody in the team understands the end goal. The end goal is for KTM to take home the number 1 plate. They don't care if it is Dungey or Musquin who to take the #1 plate. It's for KTM to win another championship, they don't care who is in the advertising just as long as there is a #1 in the add. Dungey has been a champion and is the 1 rider this year, Marvin the man in the wings looking to be the champ. Marvin isn't in a points position to win the championship but he understands the team goal. Marvin did what he had to do to make the team successful. He will be rewarded for his loyalty to the team, and should be applauded for his loyalty, not belittled and condemned for doing the right thing for the team. It's less about Dungey than people are making this out to be. Grant would have done the same thing for Eli if the situation arose.
mx_563
5/1/2017 8:35am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 8:36am
mx_563 wrote:
Marvin is a contracted employee so in a roundabout way, he is self employed, no? In my line of work there is a distinct difference between...
JBlain619 wrote:
Wrong.

The riders are contracted. Didn't you see the press release about Marvin re-upping his CONTRACT for another 2 years?

The ancillary support crew is in large part permanent employees. The riders are not.

http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/29/marvin-musquin-extends-ktm-deal-thro…

IWreckALot
5/1/2017 8:37am
It's also worth noting that no matter what happens, Musquin cannot improve his position nor lose a position in the overall points race. Same with Anderson.
newmann
5/1/2017 8:37am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 8:42am
gabrielito wrote:
newmann wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
A better analogy would be if you asked an employee to use a used bumper when the customer paid for a new because "it is better...
A better analogy would be if you asked an employee to use a used bumper when the customer paid for a new because "it is better for the company". The employee can be a "team player" or he can maintain his honor and integrity.
Well now you are diving into insurance fraud and criminal activity. Try again.

It also does nothing for the betterment of the company. Besides, the AMA has set the precedent many times over in the past as to what flies and what doesn't. Incompetent bumbling idiots at the helm of "our" little sport.
5/1/2017 8:41am
mx_563 wrote:
Wrong. The riders are contracted. Didn't you see the press release about Marvin re-upping his CONTRACT for another 2 years? The ancillary support crew is in...
Wrong.

The riders are contracted. Didn't you see the press release about Marvin re-upping his CONTRACT for another 2 years?

The ancillary support crew is in large part permanent employees. The riders are not.

Employees don't sign contracts?
philG
5/1/2017 8:44am
newmann wrote:
Well now you are diving into insurance fraud and criminal activity. Try again. It also does nothing for the betterment of the company. Besides, the AMA...
Well now you are diving into insurance fraud and criminal activity. Try again.

It also does nothing for the betterment of the company. Besides, the AMA has set the precedent many times over in the past as to what flies and what doesn't. Incompetent bumbling idiots at the helm of "our" little sport.
Im guessing your business turns a nice profit and is a good place to work , if it wasn't , i'm pretty sure you would have your own TV series ...
JBlain619
5/1/2017 8:45am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 8:47am
mx_563 wrote:
JBlain619 wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
Wrong. The riders are contracted. Didn't you see the press release about Marvin re-upping his CONTRACT for another 2 years? The ancillary support crew is in...
Wrong.

I have a CONTRACT at my job but I'm also an employee of my company. So, your argument that a contract makes you a self employed contractor is wrong.

deluxeman
5/1/2017 8:45am
mx_563 wrote:
Wrong.

Yes they do. We have a few employee's that have contracts.
kaptkaos
5/1/2017 8:48am
Wow this just wont die!

BTW- Insurance companies try to put used bumpers and doors on cars all the time, and they will get away with it if the customer is not paying attention. Some of the better body shop estimators will refuse used parts and push back on the insurance companies, but many wont.

This topic needs to die. Who would have thought this would be so polarizing. Vitards are so EXTRA special!
mx_563
5/1/2017 8:48am
mx_563 wrote:
Wrong.

No.
I worked in Germany for two years and I know about the contracts employees sign in Europe. We don't have the same thing here in the USA. I do not have a "contract" per se with my current employer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_contractor

Post a reply to: Do all you pissy Fugger's around here

The Latest