Dish Network and Mavtv fighting?

alphado
Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 5:28pm
Went to set the DVR and it is blank. Contract dispute.
|
jeffro503
5/12/2015 6:12pm
That happened a couple different times when I had Dish. No problems with Direct TV as of right now. Hope you get it back man. Sucks when channels just disappear , even though it's part of the extra packages.......but they sure don't cut you a break on your bill. Bastards!
h&m_cycle
5/12/2015 6:22pm
alphado wrote:
Works here 248 HD
gharmon
5/12/2015 6:40pm
Not working here and Mav Tv is the only reason I left my other cable provider. I mean the only single reason I switched was so I could watch the nationals goddammit!!!
RandyS
5/12/2015 6:46pm
It's definitely gone, they're pulling the same act they did with Fox News and all the others. If you have a Facebook account go to their FB page, I'm the top post on the left side right now, jump on mine and make one of your own. I'm gone Monday morning if Hangtown isn't on the DVR.

The Shop

gharmon
5/12/2015 6:53pm
Just got of the phone with dish and was told that the channel went offline this past morning at midnight. I got an email address we can send requests to as the lady said this was still in negotiations. Here is the email address feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com
gharmon
5/12/2015 7:02pm
RandyS wrote:
It's definitely gone, they're pulling the same act they did with Fox News and all the others. If you have a Facebook account go to their...
It's definitely gone, they're pulling the same act they did with Fox News and all the others. If you have a Facebook account go to their FB page, I'm the top post on the left side right now, jump on mine and make one of your own. I'm gone Monday morning if Hangtown isn't on the DVR.
That's exactly what I told that lady. I told her I would pile their shit up by the side of the road (where the city picks up trash) Saturday evening if I missed the damn race. Headed to their facebook page now to do the same!!
jeffro503
5/12/2015 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 7:04pm
gharmon wrote:
Just got of the phone with dish and was told that the channel went offline this past morning at midnight. I got an email address we...
Just got of the phone with dish and was told that the channel went offline this past morning at midnight. I got an email address we can send requests to as the lady said this was still in negotiations. Here is the email address feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com
" Channel went offline ".....what that really means is " We are greedy fuckers that are trying to squeeze every penny and drop of blood from MAVTV and they won't play along , and until they do....we won't have them in our line up! "

Fuck Dish network! I remember about 5yrs ago , I came home from work one day and out of my 35 or so HD movie channels I had , there were only 7 left. I called and they said " Were saving money on bandwidth by doing this , but if you want to watch some of those movies you can do the DISH on demand or pay per view ".

I told them to stick their business up their ass and went with Direct TV the very next day. And I never had any regrets and am thankful I did it.
Jon_Haynes
Fantasy
1195th
5/12/2015 7:03pm
I'm going to e mail them now, I will drop dish if they do not fix it.
A. DLeary
5/12/2015 7:06pm
They've done similar with UFC PPV's. Never been so glad to tell a company to cram it before.
gharmon
5/12/2015 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 7:11pm
gharmon wrote:
Just got of the phone with dish and was told that the channel went offline this past morning at midnight. I got an email address we...
jeffro503 wrote:
" Channel went offline ".....what that really means is " We are greedy fuckers that are trying to squeeze every penny and drop of blood from...
" Channel went offline ".....what that really means is " We are greedy fuckers that are trying to squeeze every penny and drop of blood from MAVTV and they won't play along , and until they do....we won't have them in our line up! "

Fuck Dish network! I remember about 5yrs ago , I came home from work one day and out of my 35 or so HD movie channels I had , there were only 7 left. I called and they said " Were saving money on bandwidth by doing this , but if you want to watch some of those movies you can do the DISH on demand or pay per view ".

I told them to stick their business up their ass and went with Direct TV the very next day. And I never had any regrets and am thankful I did it.
Jeffro, the first thing out of this lady's mouth was it's a two way negotiation. I said no maam it's not as far as I'm concerned. The racing series has already finalized their deal with MAVtv to carry their races. As far as I'm concerned it's up to y'all to put it on my tv or i'll cancel this bitch Monday morning!!
Bruce372
5/12/2015 7:30pm
Try calling Comcast to.complain. it will take half a day. I cancelled my internet today after the bill went from 30 to $76 a month...just for internet!!

I was on the fence to go back to att, but att don't carry mav either.

Also paying an extra$10 a month to get BEIN to watch world super bikes.

That said, I think dish plays hard ball to keep prices down, they dropped cartoon network once and it was back on a week later.
jeffro503
5/12/2015 7:35pm
gharmon wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
" Channel went offline ".....what that really means is " We are greedy fuckers that are trying to squeeze every penny and drop of blood from...

gharmon wrote:
Jeffro, the first thing out of this lady's mouth was it's a two way negotiation. I said no maam it's not as far as I'm concerned...
Jeffro, the first thing out of this lady's mouth was it's a two way negotiation. I said no maam it's not as far as I'm concerned. The racing series has already finalized their deal with MAVtv to carry their races. As far as I'm concerned it's up to y'all to put it on my tv or i'll cancel this bitch Monday morning!!
Oh man....dude , that is the EXACT same friggin' line they gave me! Passing the blame onto others. Out of all the years I had Dish , I lost ( sometimes for good ) certain channels , and then sometimes they would come back a week , two weeks , a month......sometimes never. I've never had that happen with Direct TV. In fact they seem to ADD channels!

The only other company I ever dealt with worse than Dish , was comcast for my TV. I do have their internet now and that is all I use of theirs.
Cancerman
5/12/2015 9:53pm
I noticed this tonight as well. I lost AMC for half of the season 5 of Breaking Bad. Man I could spit nails. Now I've lost MAV, and I just upgraded my box, and paid it off. I pay a special fee for MAV. I'll start writing hate emails tonight. And by the way, I had Direct before Dish. I won't go back to that mess.
skidmarkz
5/12/2015 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 9:58pm
Just dropped dish after 13 yrs. My only interests were moto and F1. Haven't missed it at all. Only have an antenna for local tv and hunting around on the internet for links to races.
h&m_cycle
5/12/2015 10:26pm
You guys are right, it is gone...
Starcrossed
5/13/2015 5:50am
Verizon has added MavTv to their lineup this year, in HD too. You have to buy the most expensive package to get it but at least it's available (unlike last year). Fios pulls channels too, they yanked Fox Sports on Thanksgiving over a contract dispute, which meant no football during the afternoon. Now they have completely eliminated The Weather Channel. If it wasn't for the live streams I would have switched to Dish last year.
PEPE001
5/13/2015 6:42am
This sucks as it seems only with Verizon you have chance to see the 1st Moto.
Any idea to watch it with a stream?

Searched yesterday a bit but found nothing of real value. Only Scam!
Hut
5/13/2015 7:48pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Oh man....dude , that is the EXACT same friggin' line they gave me! Passing the blame onto others. Out of all the years I had Dish...
Oh man....dude , that is the EXACT same friggin' line they gave me! Passing the blame onto others. Out of all the years I had Dish , I lost ( sometimes for good ) certain channels , and then sometimes they would come back a week , two weeks , a month......sometimes never. I've never had that happen with Direct TV. In fact they seem to ADD channels!

The only other company I ever dealt with worse than Dish , was comcast for my TV. I do have their internet now and that is all I use of theirs.
Now we just got to get directv to broadcast MavTV in HD
loftyair
5/13/2015 7:59pm
Oh boy. So I got rid of everything Tv 12 years ago! I still pay for Internet, with nothing else. I do pay cell though, a wife and a bunch of kids
reded
5/13/2015 8:03pm
Fuck em both I say. I still have Directv just because the wife won't let me chuck their shit out on the curb but their day's coming. It won't be long and we'll be able to buy our channels individually instead of that bundled bullshit and I'll tell both Dish and Direct to take a long hard ride.
Wandell
5/13/2015 8:19pm
gharmon wrote:
Thanks for posting that link. I took the time to email Dish and let them know how feel about MAVtv being dropped. I also included a link to this thread, so please continue to vent here as well as email Dish directly.
500guy
5/13/2015 8:58pm
Unfortunately Cox Communications currently is not offering MAVTV American Real in your area. Please feel free to contact them via the information below (if available) and DEMAND MAVTV!
JIM256
5/13/2015 10:27pm
alphado wrote:
MF'ers...
dboivin
5/13/2015 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2015 10:37pm
soon as davey get live streaming for both motos ima dump dish. its the only reason i pay for it...would gladly pay for just nationals on a HD stream.

trying so hard to bend moto into TV coverage i think is shortsighted. tech is moving faster on mobile and streaming than tv can handle right now. people are dropping satellite/cable providers like crazy. go straight to internet with it and be ahead of the game. no time constraints, no limitations.
yzweldon
5/13/2015 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2015 10:52pm
reded wrote:
Fuck em both I say. I still have Directv just because the wife won't let me chuck their shit out on the curb but their day's...
Fuck em both I say. I still have Directv just because the wife won't let me chuck their shit out on the curb but their day's coming. It won't be long and we'll be able to buy our channels individually instead of that bundled bullshit and I'll tell both Dish and Direct to take a long hard ride.
The way I feel exactly, if it was not for concerts and motocross I would have told all the service providers to pound acidic sand up their ass a long time ago. Even Supercross is on my last nerve, sure I would miss it especially Jan 1st, but usually by the half way mark I'm bored to death with the WWF Monster truck Redneck Hillbilly circus sideshow,and especially how the whole thing has been taken over by Twatter Tweets, How Fucking Gay is that? Long live true outdoor Motocross and the Manley days when if you had balls to smoke the field you didn't even need a pussy ass face mask

yzweldon
5/13/2015 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2015 11:07pm
By the way after talking to Dish and tearing them a new asshole today, the guy swore Mav is trying to get 300% more from them than the last contract, I somehow seriously doubt that but I'm going to try and get their side of the story tomorrow, if that is the case then screw the both of them and I will settle for highlights on the internet and tell them both to go suckle themselves.
kongols
5/13/2015 11:15pm
I might have missed it but what about international viewers? Do we get races on internet? Both moto`s?
IWreckALot
5/14/2015 5:43am
Will Promotocross be having both races this year and an archive to go back and watch if you can't watch it live?

This move to MavTV has pissed me off more than anything MX has ever done. I'm still curious as to what the ratings numbers are like before the switch and now after. The last time they made the switch to NBCSports or whatever station, I moved my service and now if I want MavTV, I have to move again and I might have one option where I'm at.
yzweldon
5/14/2015 9:02am

So if you want to believe Dish's side if the story MAV is wanting 3 gumballs now instead of 1

Post a reply to: Dish Network and Mavtv fighting?

The Latest